The Coronavirus | Contains 4.5% Alcohol
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
He doesn't even have it. 100% a publicity stunt.

Personally I'm over caring about COVID. It's time for the world to move on and realize COVID isn't the destroyer of all that they wanted us to believe it was.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Personally I'm over caring about COVID. It's time for the world to move on and realize COVID isn't the destroyer of all that they wanted us to believe it was.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
Definitely not time to get over Covid just yet until we have a workable vaccine to distribute or the spread controlled by reducing contact with others (doubt this is possible here in the U.S. given, well...*gestures at everything*).

I work in the ER: the virus is no joke and it doesn't care if anyone cares for it or not.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
Definitely not time to get over Covid just yet until we have a workable vaccine to distribute or the spread controlled by reducing contact with others (doubt this is possible here in the U.S. given, well...*gestures at everything*).

I work in the ER: the virus is no joke and it doesn't care if anyone cares for it or not.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
(Oct 5th, 2020, 12:01 PM)Eric Wrote:

I work in the ER:  the virus is no joke and it doesn't care if anyone cares for it or not.

This.
Covid-19 is no joke, and because people are disregarding it, it is simply getting worse again. Lockdown was problematic, sure - I missed going outside. But my friends that have had it are knocked to the floor with it. And they're young, very young. I worry about my parents and grandfather mostly. But there's a large majority of people who took to partying here which resulted in us being restricted from going to each other's houses again.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
(Oct 5th, 2020, 12:01 PM)Eric Wrote:

I work in the ER:  the virus is no joke and it doesn't care if anyone cares for it or not.

This.
Covid-19 is no joke, and because people are disregarding it, it is simply getting worse again. Lockdown was problematic, sure - I missed going outside. But my friends that have had it are knocked to the floor with it. And they're young, very young. I worry about my parents and grandfather mostly. But there's a large majority of people who took to partying here which resulted in us being restricted from going to each other's houses again.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I feel if Trump didn't have it he would be claiming it isn't that bad on social media to further his narrative that it's no worse than the flu. Plus so many other people near him have come down with it that I find it hard to believe they're all lying about it just for a stunt.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I feel if Trump didn't have it he would be claiming it isn't that bad on social media to further his narrative that it's no worse than the flu. Plus so many other people near him have come down with it that I find it hard to believe they're all lying about it just for a stunt.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
(Oct 5th, 2020, 06:02 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

How does Trump having COVID help his cause? If anything people are going to shit on him for being cured so quick.
WR91 Offline
Casual

How does Trump having COVID help his cause? If anything people are going to shit on him for being cured so quick.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:43 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:

Not that I believe he doesn't have it, but if it was all fake then he could just wait a decent amount of time to claim he feels better so it doesn't look suspicious. He doesn't have to claim to be better quickly. Unless he already has somewhere and I missed it.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Not that I believe he doesn't have it, but if it was all fake then he could just wait a decent amount of time to claim he feels better so it doesn't look suspicious. He doesn't have to claim to be better quickly. Unless he already has somewhere and I missed it.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:

From what I've heard he's just said he's progressing nicely as is the first lady.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:

From what I've heard he's just said he's progressing nicely as is the first lady.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I feel if Trump didn't have it he would be claiming it isn't that bad on social media to further his narrative that it's no worse than the flu.

Or he could attempt to claim that what his administration is doing to "combat" the "disease" is working because he caught it and was able to get over it so quickly. He's only capable of thinking one step ahead at a time, and doesn't think about what a stunt like that would look like in the bigger picture. Maybe he does have it, but the way he's acting about it, and the way everyone around him is acting about it (taking the chance to be like, "Oh look at our wonderful President, working for the American people even when suffering from this terrible disease!"), is making it look 100% staged. Especially since they can then run it as "Trump the Invincible has overcome the dreaded end of the world virus!" (I can just imagine Trump seeing himself as some superhero lul). But if he really does have it, and if it's actually taking a toll on his health, here's to an actual quick recovery. As sad as it is, he's the only thing between us and watching Joe Biden let this country be burned down.

Anyways, if they could just open up the postal systems again, I'd be okay with dealing with the rest of the overreactions and stupidity. I'm tired and annoyed having to wait several months for my packages from Japan to ship because companies aren't allowed to just send them over normally. Goodsmile, bless their souls, have started upgrading shipments to FedEx shipping for free, so that they can actually get people their packages. I just hope the increased shipping cost on them isn't going to damage their bottom line too much. But I'm still waiting on two figurines from Native that cost me over $200 each and it'd be really nice to be able to get those ones in my hands already since they cost so much. Not Native's fault at all obviously, they're just victims of the ridiculous mailing limitations.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I feel if Trump didn't have it he would be claiming it isn't that bad on social media to further his narrative that it's no worse than the flu.

Or he could attempt to claim that what his administration is doing to "combat" the "disease" is working because he caught it and was able to get over it so quickly. He's only capable of thinking one step ahead at a time, and doesn't think about what a stunt like that would look like in the bigger picture. Maybe he does have it, but the way he's acting about it, and the way everyone around him is acting about it (taking the chance to be like, "Oh look at our wonderful President, working for the American people even when suffering from this terrible disease!"), is making it look 100% staged. Especially since they can then run it as "Trump the Invincible has overcome the dreaded end of the world virus!" (I can just imagine Trump seeing himself as some superhero lul). But if he really does have it, and if it's actually taking a toll on his health, here's to an actual quick recovery. As sad as it is, he's the only thing between us and watching Joe Biden let this country be burned down.

Anyways, if they could just open up the postal systems again, I'd be okay with dealing with the rest of the overreactions and stupidity. I'm tired and annoyed having to wait several months for my packages from Japan to ship because companies aren't allowed to just send them over normally. Goodsmile, bless their souls, have started upgrading shipments to FedEx shipping for free, so that they can actually get people their packages. I just hope the increased shipping cost on them isn't going to damage their bottom line too much. But I'm still waiting on two figurines from Native that cost me over $200 each and it'd be really nice to be able to get those ones in my hands already since they cost so much. Not Native's fault at all obviously, they're just victims of the ridiculous mailing limitations.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, Trump is saying that Covid isn't that bad and shouldn't dominate our lives, so at this point I give up. When another few hundred thousand people die by the end of the year because people start acting like this is no big deal more now than they ever did I won't be surprised. It's fucking disgraceful and completely ignorant of everyone who has and will be affected by this virus. To 200k American families it certainly is a big deal, but nice to see they don't truly matter.

Fuck anyone selfish enough to not take any precautions and potentially ruin the health and lives of innocent people around them. Just because you may think it isn't going to affect you badly or didn't doesn't mean that's the case for everyone.

I can't even visit my family until this virus is gone because if I did and got any of them infected they would probably die. So yeah, fuck what the guy says, to me it's still dominating my life.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, Trump is saying that Covid isn't that bad and shouldn't dominate our lives, so at this point I give up. When another few hundred thousand people die by the end of the year because people start acting like this is no big deal more now than they ever did I won't be surprised. It's fucking disgraceful and completely ignorant of everyone who has and will be affected by this virus. To 200k American families it certainly is a big deal, but nice to see they don't truly matter.

Fuck anyone selfish enough to not take any precautions and potentially ruin the health and lives of innocent people around them. Just because you may think it isn't going to affect you badly or didn't doesn't mean that's the case for everyone.

I can't even visit my family until this virus is gone because if I did and got any of them infected they would probably die. So yeah, fuck what the guy says, to me it's still dominating my life.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
Just Biden my time til Trump is hopefully out of our lives for good next month. Who knows.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
Just Biden my time til Trump is hopefully out of our lives for good next month. Who knows.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pfizer has announced that their Covid-19 vaccine has a 90% effective rate. The company "is on track to apply later this month for emergency-use approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, once it has the necessary safety information in hand" and aims to have "50 million doses available globally by the end of 2020, enough for 25 million people."

I really hope this vaccine works without any big side effects, or presents issues for people who are elderly or more vulnerable. The first doses should absolutely go to people who work in healthcare services, followed by essential workers and services, then everyone else afterwards.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pfizer has announced that their Covid-19 vaccine has a 90% effective rate. The company "is on track to apply later this month for emergency-use approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, once it has the necessary safety information in hand" and aims to have "50 million doses available globally by the end of 2020, enough for 25 million people."

I really hope this vaccine works without any big side effects, or presents issues for people who are elderly or more vulnerable. The first doses should absolutely go to people who work in healthcare services, followed by essential workers and services, then everyone else afterwards.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
90%. Hmm.

Hoping more companies come out with vaccines, too, and improve that efficiency rate. That 10% concerns me.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
90%. Hmm.

Hoping more companies come out with vaccines, too, and improve that efficiency rate. That 10% concerns me.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Nov 10th, 2020, 05:02 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
90%. Hmm.

It shouldn't. The flu vaccine is typically only effective about 50%. There's a reason why this still works, but it involves a bit of a crash course in statistics, and I know people tend to freak out when they hear math is coming. Considering the exponential rate at which it spreads, a 90% on Coronavirus is actually REALLY FREAKING GOOD! Like, "there's no reason to improve on this" good. If I'm doing the math right (and remembering the right number for the infection rate), then that should bring it's reproduction rate from ~3 to ~0.3, meaning that for every 10 people infected, they infect 3 people TOTAL. In other words, it will pretty much kill this disease in its tracks. Honestly, I'm actually skeptical that it will be that high in reality.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
90%. Hmm.

It shouldn't. The flu vaccine is typically only effective about 50%. There's a reason why this still works, but it involves a bit of a crash course in statistics, and I know people tend to freak out when they hear math is coming. Considering the exponential rate at which it spreads, a 90% on Coronavirus is actually REALLY FREAKING GOOD! Like, "there's no reason to improve on this" good. If I'm doing the math right (and remembering the right number for the infection rate), then that should bring it's reproduction rate from ~3 to ~0.3, meaning that for every 10 people infected, they infect 3 people TOTAL. In other words, it will pretty much kill this disease in its tracks. Honestly, I'm actually skeptical that it will be that high in reality.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
90%. Hmm.

The measles vaccine ranges from 90-97% effectiveness, so 90% for a vaccine to a virus that became rampant only within the past year is incredibly good.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
90%. Hmm.

The measles vaccine ranges from 90-97% effectiveness, so 90% for a vaccine to a virus that became rampant only within the past year is incredibly good.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I hadn't thought about the effectiveness of other vaccines when I made that statement, and it makes a lot more sense now.

I'm definitely more excited about it now, though I suppose we (the laymen) won't be seeing the vaccine until at least summer next year. There's a whole lot of essential workers to go through, plus its distribution throughout the rest of the world, I imagine, to get to their essential workers.

Still, this is a positive sign, especially considering things are turning dismal again in the US.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I hadn't thought about the effectiveness of other vaccines when I made that statement, and it makes a lot more sense now.

I'm definitely more excited about it now, though I suppose we (the laymen) won't be seeing the vaccine until at least summer next year. There's a whole lot of essential workers to go through, plus its distribution throughout the rest of the world, I imagine, to get to their essential workers.

Still, this is a positive sign, especially considering things are turning dismal again in the US.