E3 2021 | "Virtually" Indestructible
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin is real! Coming 2022! Wow
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin is real! Coming 2022! Wow
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yasssss. That conference was overall super ass, but them saving that reveal for the end saved it a bit. Still, the fact that a majority of that was wasted on trash like Marvel and Life Is Strange just made it a huge waste of time.

They could have at least showed up something new about FFXVI as well. But yeah, Stranger Of Paradise looks SO GOOD! It's so gory too, which is a huge change for Final Fantasy. Love to see this super dark take on it. Hopefully the combat takes a lot of inspiration from Nioh/Nioh 2 so that weapons have great combos.

They didn't really nee to show Legend of Mana though, considering it's releasing in 11 days. Don't think people really need a reminder for it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yasssss. That conference was overall super ass, but them saving that reveal for the end saved it a bit. Still, the fact that a majority of that was wasted on trash like Marvel and Life Is Strange just made it a huge waste of time.

They could have at least showed up something new about FFXVI as well. But yeah, Stranger Of Paradise looks SO GOOD! It's so gory too, which is a huge change for Final Fantasy. Love to see this super dark take on it. Hopefully the combat takes a lot of inspiration from Nioh/Nioh 2 so that weapons have great combos.

They didn't really nee to show Legend of Mana though, considering it's releasing in 11 days. Don't think people really need a reminder for it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Overall, the Square Enix conference was rather underwhelming following the heels of the Xbox one, even just in terms of the presentation. Not a fan of some games getting a ton of time and others just being glossed over within under 30 seconds.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Overall, the Square Enix conference was rather underwhelming following the heels of the Xbox one, even just in terms of the presentation. Not a fan of some games getting a ton of time and others just being glossed over within under 30 seconds.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, it was king of annoying having to sit through all of that garbage just to get to the one thing that was actually worth watching, but what can you do? I'm just glad the leak ended up being true.

Like I mentioned in my post before, it would have been nice to see something new about Final Fantasy XVI. I haven't been interested in a mainline FF game in so long, so I'm thirsty for more information on it because XVI looks like it has the potential to not be absolute trash like the XIII trilogy and XV were.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, it was king of annoying having to sit through all of that garbage just to get to the one thing that was actually worth watching, but what can you do? I'm just glad the leak ended up being true.

Like I mentioned in my post before, it would have been nice to see something new about Final Fantasy XVI. I haven't been interested in a mainline FF game in so long, so I'm thirsty for more information on it because XVI looks like it has the potential to not be absolute trash like the XIII trilogy and XV were.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I was surprised at nothing for FF16 except for a brief shot during their sizzle reel at the end. I also didn't expect Square to back a Hitman game again since they dropped the main games after the first one in the recent reboot.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I was surprised at nothing for FF16 except for a brief shot during their sizzle reel at the end. I also didn't expect Square to back a Hitman game again since they dropped the main games after the first one in the recent reboot.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I watched the trailer for the Stranger of Paradise and if I'm honest I find it kinda eh. I'm sure it'll be a fun souls game, but story wise I was more interested in Garlond than the "warriors of light" screaming CHAOS! CHAOS! CHAOS CONTROL! like their frickin Shadow the hedgehog. I probably willl pick it up one day when its on sale for $20 unless the story is something interesting.

I would watch the LIfe Is Stranger trailer cause honestly I definitely will probably pick it up, but I don't really want to spoil anything for myself cause I honestly think this will be an interesting series.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I watched the trailer for the Stranger of Paradise and if I'm honest I find it kinda eh. I'm sure it'll be a fun souls game, but story wise I was more interested in Garlond than the "warriors of light" screaming CHAOS! CHAOS! CHAOS CONTROL! like their frickin Shadow the hedgehog. I probably willl pick it up one day when its on sale for $20 unless the story is something interesting.

I would watch the LIfe Is Stranger trailer cause honestly I definitely will probably pick it up, but I don't really want to spoil anything for myself cause I honestly think this will be an interesting series.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I agree with Karol, that shit is FULL of Nomura writing style and it's a little painful, but the combat and atmosphere might save it from that. I'll keep my eyes on it as it gets closer to release.

Also the demo seems to be kinda broken? Watching a few people say their download of it gets corrupted so they can't play.

Either way that Square conference was extremely tone deaf, or significantly bought out by Marvel, because holy shit lol Like even if I was extremely interested in the game, I can recognize when you spend too long on something.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I agree with Karol, that shit is FULL of Nomura writing style and it's a little painful, but the combat and atmosphere might save it from that. I'll keep my eyes on it as it gets closer to release.

Also the demo seems to be kinda broken? Watching a few people say their download of it gets corrupted so they can't play.

Either way that Square conference was extremely tone deaf, or significantly bought out by Marvel, because holy shit lol Like even if I was extremely interested in the game, I can recognize when you spend too long on something.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I like Kingdom Hearts, but if I'm honest I don't really want that in every final fantasy game, but we shall see as we get closer to it release.

Oh I just saw someone that I follow posting a demo is corrupted thing for it on twitter and I probably won't try to download it myself instead I might play Resident Evil 7 on it instead.

I like the Marvel & DC universe but I honestly really haven't heard or seen anything that would really make me want to play a game by them especially since the last super hero game had them plastered in frickin corporate sponsors...........
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I like Kingdom Hearts, but if I'm honest I don't really want that in every final fantasy game, but we shall see as we get closer to it release.

Oh I just saw someone that I follow posting a demo is corrupted thing for it on twitter and I probably won't try to download it myself instead I might play Resident Evil 7 on it instead.

I like the Marvel & DC universe but I honestly really haven't heard or seen anything that would really make me want to play a game by them especially since the last super hero game had them plastered in frickin corporate sponsors...........
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 13th, 2021, 09:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, they wasted how much time on Life Is Strange? But can't put FFXVI in there for five minutes? Shave off a bit of time from Guardians of the Galaxy as well, and give that to FFXVI. Could have easily made FFXVI the focus of this presentation instead, and it would have ended up being much better. I have a hard time believing they would have absolutely nothing to show off about the game. 

Hopefully SE has plans to do their own event for FFXVI soon though, because we gotta see some more about that game.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 13th, 2021, 09:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, they wasted how much time on Life Is Strange? But can't put FFXVI in there for five minutes? Shave off a bit of time from Guardians of the Galaxy as well, and give that to FFXVI. Could have easily made FFXVI the focus of this presentation instead, and it would have ended up being much better. I have a hard time believing they would have absolutely nothing to show off about the game. 

Hopefully SE has plans to do their own event for FFXVI soon though, because we gotta see some more about that game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 13th, 2021, 10:41 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Shave off a bit of time from Guardians of the Galaxy as well, and give that to FFXVI.
Guardians got over 20 minutes of time in the event, and Avengers likely got another 10 at least so half an hour was just Marvel stuff. I know Square paid a ton for that license but holy shit, if you can't win people over with 5 minutes you're not doing it with 30+. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 13th, 2021, 10:41 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Shave off a bit of time from Guardians of the Galaxy as well, and give that to FFXVI.
Guardians got over 20 minutes of time in the event, and Avengers likely got another 10 at least so half an hour was just Marvel stuff. I know Square paid a ton for that license but holy shit, if you can't win people over with 5 minutes you're not doing it with 30+. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The PC Gaming Show and the Future Games Show were even worse than the Square Enix showcase. Big yikes for E3 so far outside of Elden Ring, Salt & Sacrifice and FFO.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The PC Gaming Show and the Future Games Show were even worse than the Square Enix showcase. Big yikes for E3 so far outside of Elden Ring, Salt & Sacrifice and FFO.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't pay much attention to the PC show to comment, and didn't even know about the Future one happening. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't pay much attention to the PC show to comment, and didn't even know about the Future one happening. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
You didn't miss anything at all. There was a lot of re-hashing going on during the two. I think the only thing of mild interest to me during either of them was when they had a little XSEED block during the Future Games Show, where we got to see a preview of Akiba's Trip: Hellbound and Debriefed and got to see some new footage of Rune Factory 5. They also announced that Rune Factory 4 Special would be coming to PS4/Xbone/Steam, which kind of annoys me because once again, I bought a game on the Switch only for it to eventually come to a better platform.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
You didn't miss anything at all. There was a lot of re-hashing going on during the two. I think the only thing of mild interest to me during either of them was when they had a little XSEED block during the Future Games Show, where we got to see a preview of Akiba's Trip: Hellbound and Debriefed and got to see some new footage of Rune Factory 5. They also announced that Rune Factory 4 Special would be coming to PS4/Xbone/Steam, which kind of annoys me because once again, I bought a game on the Switch only for it to eventually come to a better platform.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Capcom is live in 20 minutes from the time of this post. Not really expecting much from this one, but hopefully something good comes out.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Capcom is live in 20 minutes from the time of this post. Not really expecting much from this one, but hopefully something good comes out.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm curious about the capcom one they have potential to have something interesting.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm curious about the capcom one they have potential to have something interesting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's Look Back at Gaming in 2021 Moonface 22 5,162 Feb 10th, 2022, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Nintendo Direct - September 23, 2021 Moonface 9 2,682 Oct 6th, 2021, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  PlayStation Showcase 2021 Moonface 11 3,148 Sep 19th, 2021, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Summer Game Fest 2021 Summary Moonface 10 3,648 Jun 17th, 2021, 03:37 PM
  Nintendo @ E3 2021 Mr EliteL 5 2,424 Jun 16th, 2021, 01:57 AM