General Game Chat
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I started playing this new mobile game that released a few days ago called Mitra Sphere. Mainly because it has co-op in it, so I got one of my friends to start playing it with me. Gotta say, so far we're both loving this game. Unlike most gacha games, there is no stamina. There's also no limit to how many times you can run resource stages. Game lets you just sit there and farm resources to upgrade equipment as much as you want. It's so freaking nice.

The gacha is only for weapons as well, so while pulling new weapons can be nice, it's definitely not need to power up. The pull rates are also insanely good compared to what most gacha offers. Getting a Legendary weapon is at a whopping 10%, so on average you should be getting one every 10 pulls or so.

So far this game is proving to be probably the most F2P friendly gacha game I've ever experienced, and it's super nice. I don't know if there's anything that will be added later down the line that will change that, but right now it's awesome. There's no PvP either, so there's nothing to make you feel the obviously effects of whaling vs not whaling in it. Just co-op, so the only thing that other people whaling does is end up helping you out via them joining your battles and carrying for you.

I just wanted to try the game out because it had nice character art + co-op, and I ended up discovering quite the gem.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I started playing this new mobile game that released a few days ago called Mitra Sphere. Mainly because it has co-op in it, so I got one of my friends to start playing it with me. Gotta say, so far we're both loving this game. Unlike most gacha games, there is no stamina. There's also no limit to how many times you can run resource stages. Game lets you just sit there and farm resources to upgrade equipment as much as you want. It's so freaking nice.

The gacha is only for weapons as well, so while pulling new weapons can be nice, it's definitely not need to power up. The pull rates are also insanely good compared to what most gacha offers. Getting a Legendary weapon is at a whopping 10%, so on average you should be getting one every 10 pulls or so.

So far this game is proving to be probably the most F2P friendly gacha game I've ever experienced, and it's super nice. I don't know if there's anything that will be added later down the line that will change that, but right now it's awesome. There's no PvP either, so there's nothing to make you feel the obviously effects of whaling vs not whaling in it. Just co-op, so the only thing that other people whaling does is end up helping you out via them joining your battles and carrying for you.

I just wanted to try the game out because it had nice character art + co-op, and I ended up discovering quite the gem.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,736
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 4th, 2021, 01:50 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

How long is the grind to get to a decent power that's comparable to what you'd get by biting the bullet and drawing weapons through the gacha? Is it at a level where it would encourage enough people to pull drops, or is it so good that you'd only go for the gacha if you were whaling?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,736 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 4th, 2021, 01:50 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

How long is the grind to get to a decent power that's comparable to what you'd get by biting the bullet and drawing weapons through the gacha? Is it at a level where it would encourage enough people to pull drops, or is it so good that you'd only go for the gacha if you were whaling?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
If you don't spend money, the grind is going to be a little longer for you, and powering up will hit a wall. I hit a huge wall at 20K power, because without having copies of 4* weapons to limit break the ones I had, I really couldn't power up a whole lot more.

I ended up dropping the game though. Not because it was bad or that I wasn't having fun, but I just didn't have room for it. Atelier Online released and is proving to be quite fun, so I had to sacrifice something. Unfortunately Mitra Sphere was the only choice, since I'm not dropping Azur Lane, Arknights or Touhou Lost Word. It was fun for the little bit I played though, shame that there's just not enough time for that many gacha games. Especially when they all have their daily resets at different times of the day.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
If you don't spend money, the grind is going to be a little longer for you, and powering up will hit a wall. I hit a huge wall at 20K power, because without having copies of 4* weapons to limit break the ones I had, I really couldn't power up a whole lot more.

I ended up dropping the game though. Not because it was bad or that I wasn't having fun, but I just didn't have room for it. Atelier Online released and is proving to be quite fun, so I had to sacrifice something. Unfortunately Mitra Sphere was the only choice, since I'm not dropping Azur Lane, Arknights or Touhou Lost Word. It was fun for the little bit I played though, shame that there's just not enough time for that many gacha games. Especially when they all have their daily resets at different times of the day.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
how about that mega man gacha? obby I need it. now to see how long I stick with it.

What I will say is that maaaan emulation is fucking awesome. I found a 4k 60fps version of Ocarina of Time 3D and it looks AMAZING. I'm just gonna leave this here.

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
how about that mega man gacha? obby I need it. now to see how long I stick with it.

What I will say is that maaaan emulation is fucking awesome. I found a 4k 60fps version of Ocarina of Time 3D and it looks AMAZING. I'm just gonna leave this here.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: There's a Mega Man gacha game? I've never heard about it before. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: There's a Mega Man gacha game? I've never heard about it before. XD
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Just got localized like a week ago! been playing it since. maaan I love mega man
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Just got localized like a week ago! been playing it since. maaan I love mega man
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 13th, 2021, 12:59 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Did you ever get excited for Mighty No. 9 when it was first in development? Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 13th, 2021, 12:59 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Did you ever get excited for Mighty No. 9 when it was first in development? Tongue
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
hell yeah I was excited! but then I heard how poorly it was received and just ended up never playing it even though I own it. Mega Man is one of my favorite series from childhood. Zero and BN being my favorite subseries...es?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
hell yeah I was excited! but then I heard how poorly it was received and just ended up never playing it even though I own it. Mega Man is one of my favorite series from childhood. Zero and BN being my favorite subseries...es?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just watched that OoT 3D HD video, and what I wouldn't give for Nintendo to do that treatment themselves to the game for a Switch port. Too bad that they're more likely to just come after the creator of that video and mod with a cease and desist. Sad

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just watched that OoT 3D HD video, and what I wouldn't give for Nintendo to do that treatment themselves to the game for a Switch port. Too bad that they're more likely to just come after the creator of that video and mod with a cease and desist. Sad
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jul 13th, 2021, 10:25 PM)Monocle Wrote:

Funny that you say that, because you're always telling me not to knock a game before I've tried it myself whenever I talk shit about Horizon Zero Dawn or Mass Effect.

Why aren't you playing the game before you decide that it's terrible and not worth playing, huh???

Get outta here.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jul 13th, 2021, 10:25 PM)Monocle Wrote:

Funny that you say that, because you're always telling me not to knock a game before I've tried it myself whenever I talk shit about Horizon Zero Dawn or Mass Effect.

Why aren't you playing the game before you decide that it's terrible and not worth playing, huh???

Get outta here.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface Yeah that video was awesome! it's been a ton of fun to play too. Guy put in a lot of effort into this project and he's done a few more at that.

@Dragon Lord yeah yeah yeah. difference is you avoid extremely well received games and I'm avoiding a universally panned game! ha ha haaaaa....  Sweat
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface Yeah that video was awesome! it's been a ton of fun to play too. Guy put in a lot of effort into this project and he's done a few more at that.

@Dragon Lord yeah yeah yeah. difference is you avoid extremely well received games and I'm avoiding a universally panned game! ha ha haaaaa....  Sweat
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 14th, 2021, 11:30 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Oh it's available?! I thought they were still working on it and this was just an update video. Gasp

If they did that and MM 3D too I might download them since I don't think I ever finished OoT on my 3DS and I got MM 3D but I think it's still sitting in the shrink wrap. Sweat

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh it's available?! I thought they were still working on it and this was just an update video. Gasp

If they did that and MM 3D too I might download them since I don't think I ever finished OoT on my 3DS and I got MM 3D but I think it's still sitting in the shrink wrap. Sweat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We can justify our downloads by saying we bought the originals! Nintendo has our money already! Angry

The Breath of the Wild 4K version is also amazing. I know it's made people never want to play the vanilla game ever again it's that good XD

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We can justify our downloads by saying we bought the originals! Nintendo has our money already! Angry

The Breath of the Wild 4K version is also amazing. I know it's made people never want to play the vanilla game ever again it's that good XD

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(Jul 14th, 2021, 11:35 PM)Moonface Wrote:

https://www.henrikomagnifico.com/texture-packs

OoT 3D 4K
MM 3D 4K
aaaand a few more, not all Zelda!

(Jul 15th, 2021, 03:02 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

shit, I gotta try this next. I have cemu set up and got BotW. haven't tried reshade or anything. Don't think my PC found handle 8k with raytracing on. Mine is beefy but that's fucking extreme
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(Jul 14th, 2021, 11:35 PM)Moonface Wrote:

https://www.henrikomagnifico.com/texture-packs

OoT 3D 4K
MM 3D 4K
aaaand a few more, not all Zelda!

(Jul 15th, 2021, 03:02 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

shit, I gotta try this next. I have cemu set up and got BotW. haven't tried reshade or anything. Don't think my PC found handle 8k with raytracing on. Mine is beefy but that's fucking extreme
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh oop, I accidentally pulled the 8K video to show this off Sweat Yeah you'd need top of the line specs (like, RTX 3090 level of specs) to run that haha but oh shit, you had CEMU and BOTW this whole time and have never heard of this mod?! What is you doin', fam?!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh oop, I accidentally pulled the 8K video to show this off Sweat Yeah you'd need top of the line specs (like, RTX 3090 level of specs) to run that haha but oh shit, you had CEMU and BOTW this whole time and have never heard of this mod?! What is you doin', fam?!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 815 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,950 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface