Current/Last Thing You Watched?
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
It seems that such a thread doesn't exist here yet, so I'll go ahead and make it Smile

Pretty self-explanatory... tell us what movie you watched last and what you thought of it.

For me, it was Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie.

Honestly... I think that may be the first-ever case of a flick being this hyped that actually delivered. I know my expectations were sky-high, being a long-time fan myself, but man, I adored this.

It's not perfect, but it gets pretty darn close. And I'm very glad to announce that this film gives the series some much-needed closure. Just a really good film to put on and enjoy Smile

What about you?
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
It seems that such a thread doesn't exist here yet, so I'll go ahead and make it Smile

Pretty self-explanatory... tell us what movie you watched last and what you thought of it.

For me, it was Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie.

Honestly... I think that may be the first-ever case of a flick being this hyped that actually delivered. I know my expectations were sky-high, being a long-time fan myself, but man, I adored this.

It's not perfect, but it gets pretty darn close. And I'm very glad to announce that this film gives the series some much-needed closure. Just a really good film to put on and enjoy Smile

What about you?
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Order 66/100.

It just felt to me that Disney and Kennedy (head of Lucas Films) has no respect for Star Wars. It just like some kid got a hold of The Empire Strikes Back a pair of scissors and some paste. Rearranged some things and made this.
Also What the hell, FUEL, fuel is now a thing?! WTF it has never been an issue in any other Star Wars movie.

I had a huge rant that contained spoilers only to realize there are no spoiler tags <_< as such I shall make the text blue, INGORE BLUE TEXT IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS (but really the movie is that bad IMO you miss nothing if you get spoiled)

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Order 66/100.

It just felt to me that Disney and Kennedy (head of Lucas Films) has no respect for Star Wars. It just like some kid got a hold of The Empire Strikes Back a pair of scissors and some paste. Rearranged some things and made this.
Also What the hell, FUEL, fuel is now a thing?! WTF it has never been an issue in any other Star Wars movie.

I had a huge rant that contained spoilers only to realize there are no spoiler tags <_< as such I shall make the text blue, INGORE BLUE TEXT IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS (but really the movie is that bad IMO you miss nothing if you get spoiled)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Zootopia
This was on TV last night so decided to watch it. Very good movie actually, especially with the themes of prejudice and profiling and whatnot. I also appreciated it didn't do the typical stuff I expected it to do and actually caught me out a few times. Grin

@Tsu: I saw that movie when it first aired, and it was really good and didn't fall under the weight of its own hype. Definitely a good return and closure at the same time. Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Zootopia
This was on TV last night so decided to watch it. Very good movie actually, especially with the themes of prejudice and profiling and whatnot. I also appreciated it didn't do the typical stuff I expected it to do and actually caught me out a few times. Grin

@Tsu: I saw that movie when it first aired, and it was really good and didn't fall under the weight of its own hype. Definitely a good return and closure at the same time. Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Maleficient

Caught it on BBC1 yesterday. Was better than I expected. I know Jolie was given some notable praise on her performance, and yes she did well. Didn't mind the re-imagining of Sleeping Beauty at all. Apparently there's sequel being made, so I'll watch that whenever it is shown on TV.

Jane Got a Gun

Watched with my sister in two different parts of the day. Didn't know how poor this did for box office, reception, and changes in the cast and directors. So I took it for face value, and wasn't bad at all. An OK western.  I'd give it a 6 or 7/10. So what if bigger names were pulling out, I get it was mess in that way, but don't like it when it seems people only go by who's starring in a movie.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Maleficient

Caught it on BBC1 yesterday. Was better than I expected. I know Jolie was given some notable praise on her performance, and yes she did well. Didn't mind the re-imagining of Sleeping Beauty at all. Apparently there's sequel being made, so I'll watch that whenever it is shown on TV.

Jane Got a Gun

Watched with my sister in two different parts of the day. Didn't know how poor this did for box office, reception, and changes in the cast and directors. So I took it for face value, and wasn't bad at all. An OK western.  I'd give it a 6 or 7/10. So what if bigger names were pulling out, I get it was mess in that way, but don't like it when it seems people only go by who's starring in a movie.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Paradox Alice

I wanted to see the movie for so long, and I finally had a job, so I bought it. It started out pretty paint-by-numbers as far as the kind of story it is goes. Then I got an hour in, and...HOO BOY! That was an experience, I will say.

I don't really watch movies or TV anymore. Hell, I don't even use Netflix. So, I haven't really seen anything very recent.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Paradox Alice

I wanted to see the movie for so long, and I finally had a job, so I bought it. It started out pretty paint-by-numbers as far as the kind of story it is goes. Then I got an hour in, and...HOO BOY! That was an experience, I will say.

I don't really watch movies or TV anymore. Hell, I don't even use Netflix. So, I haven't really seen anything very recent.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Paddington 2

It's got a 100% Fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes - and it deserves every one of those positive reviews. It's a fun, heart-warming adventure for all the family (not just kids!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Paddington 2

It's got a 100% Fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes - and it deserves every one of those positive reviews. It's a fun, heart-warming adventure for all the family (not just kids!)
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Stalingrad (1993):

I don't know if Germans know how to make movies... but they really do know how to act them.

Beautiful piece about one of the bloodiest battles in history, with a lot of self-criticism as well as a wonderfully-made showcasing platform for the horrors of war. No heroism to be found here, just widespread misery.

HIGHLY recommended.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Stalingrad (1993):

I don't know if Germans know how to make movies... but they really do know how to act them.

Beautiful piece about one of the bloodiest battles in history, with a lot of self-criticism as well as a wonderfully-made showcasing platform for the horrors of war. No heroism to be found here, just widespread misery.

HIGHLY recommended.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Went to see this with my Dad and sister. Pretty good movie. The start was quite boring until Owen makes his appearance, the remainder of the film was fine though. Dinosaurs looked great, but really Blue is the best. XD Jurassic World was kinda better overall for me though, but this had a few things over that.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

Went to see this with my Dad and sister. Pretty good movie. The start was quite boring until Owen makes his appearance, the remainder of the film was fine though. Dinosaurs looked great, but really Blue is the best. XD Jurassic World was kinda better overall for me though, but this had a few things over that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I watched like an hour of Doctor Strange tonight. I'm not much of a movie person, so me actually watching that much of any movie is a pretty big accomplishment. Usually if I start watching a movie, I get bored after about 10 minutes and go back to playing a game.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I watched like an hour of Doctor Strange tonight. I'm not much of a movie person, so me actually watching that much of any movie is a pretty big accomplishment. Usually if I start watching a movie, I get bored after about 10 minutes and go back to playing a game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 17th, 2018, 06:05 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
How would you rank it against all the other Jurassic movies?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 18th, 2018, 04:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:

1. Jurassic World
2. Jurassic Park
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
4. "Alan." I mean, Jurassic Park 3
5. The Lost World: Jurassic Park 

I'd expect some people would have Park ahead World, but for me I really enjoyed World. Perhaps more so than my kid self enjoying Park. Is ridiculously close between them though. Park 2 is under 3 only because I don't remember much from it. Looking at some images and clips from the trailer and Honest Trailer, I think it's going to stay there for me. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 18th, 2018, 04:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:

1. Jurassic World
2. Jurassic Park
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
4. "Alan." I mean, Jurassic Park 3
5. The Lost World: Jurassic Park 

I'd expect some people would have Park ahead World, but for me I really enjoyed World. Perhaps more so than my kid self enjoying Park. Is ridiculously close between them though. Park 2 is under 3 only because I don't remember much from it. Looking at some images and clips from the trailer and Honest Trailer, I think it's going to stay there for me. XD
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
This was on the old forum and I think it deserves a comeback Tongue

What did you watch last?

Mine was Hack my Life: I found this one by accident, browsing thru the channels while cooking and, honestly, horrible pun aside, it ain't half-bad!

It's a very small show teaching you neat tricks that may actually get you out of jams in your everyday life (I think I will be using the one to get your keys from inside your locked car soon, knowing my luck Tongue). It's also really funny, with its jokes and comedic moments thrown on an unsuspecting audience and random volunteers. Definitely recommend to at least check it out.

What about you?
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
This was on the old forum and I think it deserves a comeback Tongue

What did you watch last?

Mine was Hack my Life: I found this one by accident, browsing thru the channels while cooking and, honestly, horrible pun aside, it ain't half-bad!

It's a very small show teaching you neat tricks that may actually get you out of jams in your everyday life (I think I will be using the one to get your keys from inside your locked car soon, knowing my luck Tongue). It's also really funny, with its jokes and comedic moments thrown on an unsuspecting audience and random volunteers. Definitely recommend to at least check it out.

What about you?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Wimbledon, Federer vs Lacko. Then a bit of Cilic vs Pella whilst eating dinner, but stopped doing so and that was before the suspension.

For TV Show series, Sanctuary. My sister is watching currently, and I'm just sitting in the same room watching too. On and off, I'm not following it like she is though. Not bad but can't be bothered with it really. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Wimbledon, Federer vs Lacko. Then a bit of Cilic vs Pella whilst eating dinner, but stopped doing so and that was before the suspension.

For TV Show series, Sanctuary. My sister is watching currently, and I'm just sitting in the same room watching too. On and off, I'm not following it like she is though. Not bad but can't be bothered with it really. XD
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
I currently have MASH playing on my TV for background noise.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
I currently have MASH playing on my TV for background noise.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
A cool little sitcom called Speechless. Only watched two episodes, but it seems fun!
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
A cool little sitcom called Speechless. Only watched two episodes, but it seems fun!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Listened To? ShiraNoMai 522 147,576 Mar 26th, 2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 18 6,617 Jul 20th, 2023, 11:44 PM
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,840 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM