Places You'd Like To Visit/Have Visited?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Maniakkid25 mentioning yesterday in UCT that he was in Philly and my question to him of whether he was going to go and see anything (and his subsequent contentment with just hanging at the hotel) made me think about places I or others would like to visit, or even have already visited. Doesn't have to be a location, it could even just be an attraction like a theme park or something. Thinking of it I just remembered I also had asked @Nightingale a similar type of question for where to take a class on a field trip. ROFL

Somewhere I would really like to visit one day is Japan. I'm not overly picky about where in Japan since I'm sure there's probably a few places I'd be interested in seeing if I were to look into it, but Japan just sounds like it has a lot of cool stuff to see and experience. Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Maniakkid25 mentioning yesterday in UCT that he was in Philly and my question to him of whether he was going to go and see anything (and his subsequent contentment with just hanging at the hotel) made me think about places I or others would like to visit, or even have already visited. Doesn't have to be a location, it could even just be an attraction like a theme park or something. Thinking of it I just remembered I also had asked @Nightingale a similar type of question for where to take a class on a field trip. ROFL

Somewhere I would really like to visit one day is Japan. I'm not overly picky about where in Japan since I'm sure there's probably a few places I'd be interested in seeing if I were to look into it, but Japan just sounds like it has a lot of cool stuff to see and experience. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same, Japan is very much a desired location of travel destination for me. I'd specifically love it to be with friends, or, hmm. I'd probably want multiple trips to make sure I do sights, things like Disneyland, Akihabara... man, there's so much to do and explore and try out. Grin

England was a great place to visit for me. I was incredibly lucky to have accommodations and essentially inside tour-guides; definitely made the experience more streamlined and cost-effective ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same, Japan is very much a desired location of travel destination for me. I'd specifically love it to be with friends, or, hmm. I'd probably want multiple trips to make sure I do sights, things like Disneyland, Akihabara... man, there's so much to do and explore and try out. Grin

England was a great place to visit for me. I was incredibly lucky to have accommodations and essentially inside tour-guides; definitely made the experience more streamlined and cost-effective ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 7th, 2021, 03:34 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I think my favourite thing about when you visited was going to London and just wandering around. I feel like one can discover a lot of hidden gems by just aimlessly going around notable areas in a location and seeing what they might find, such as that one ramen place that I would have never thought to look up through the internet to discover.

I also think that's probably a really good way to explore America. Outside of a few notable places like New York, Vegas, etc. there isn't really anywhere in the States that has grabbed my eye as a place to go, but a former co-worker of mine once did a three week trip along Route 66, which can probably take you through a lot of places you wouldn't make a trip for for that single location alone, but are worth it when you combine them all into a single road trip like that.
Does anyone know if there are any other particular road trips in the US that are popular to take, or is R66 the only one worth doing/feasible?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 7th, 2021, 03:34 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I think my favourite thing about when you visited was going to London and just wandering around. I feel like one can discover a lot of hidden gems by just aimlessly going around notable areas in a location and seeing what they might find, such as that one ramen place that I would have never thought to look up through the internet to discover.

I also think that's probably a really good way to explore America. Outside of a few notable places like New York, Vegas, etc. there isn't really anywhere in the States that has grabbed my eye as a place to go, but a former co-worker of mine once did a three week trip along Route 66, which can probably take you through a lot of places you wouldn't make a trip for for that single location alone, but are worth it when you combine them all into a single road trip like that.
Does anyone know if there are any other particular road trips in the US that are popular to take, or is R66 the only one worth doing/feasible?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
This is a good question obviously I'd like to visit any place in Japan and I think any of the Scandinavian countries could be interesting...honestly I'd probably be up for seeing most of anywhere. Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
This is a good question obviously I'd like to visit any place in Japan and I think any of the Scandinavian countries could be interesting...honestly I'd probably be up for seeing most of anywhere. Gasp
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Must've the old forum I've posted about this kind of topic, and as the pandemic ruined time to do go anywhere new, even though I doubt I would've gone to a different by now, I'll basically repeat myself and add a bit more.

Other than places in the UK and Isle of Wight (been there twice now), I've had holidays in Italy, Belgium and Florida. Italy was a long weekend for Formula 1 Monza GP with my brother, I've forgotten what year. Belgium was a short week, Mon-Fri I think with my mum, brother and sister. We entered Holland during that but no recollection of what that was like, similar to Belgium I guess. Also forgot what year that was. Florida I won't forget because I had such an awesome time, that was with Moony's family to see him in 2018. Grin

Italy I might go back to because I never got to eat a pasta there, so I'd like to eat in an Italian restaurant that's actually in Italy for pasta, since the best pasta I've had was in Belgium, or at least the best Spaghetti Bolognese I've eaten. (dah flip, why you underlining bolognese you stupid thing!)
Want to go visit America/Florida again and hope to with Moony's family also again. Japan has been on my radar but the desire has dropped a bit, probably because of recent events. I'll be all for it with a group of people though. Never travelled abroad by myself before so I'll be worrying about stuff maybe.
Turkey is a definite place I want to go to because of what Moony's family have told me about and showed photos, and think that will such a great to relax, have fun and eat new and so much good food too!

Anywhere else hasn't really grabbed my interest yet. Can't think of theme parks or whatever either.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Must've the old forum I've posted about this kind of topic, and as the pandemic ruined time to do go anywhere new, even though I doubt I would've gone to a different by now, I'll basically repeat myself and add a bit more.

Other than places in the UK and Isle of Wight (been there twice now), I've had holidays in Italy, Belgium and Florida. Italy was a long weekend for Formula 1 Monza GP with my brother, I've forgotten what year. Belgium was a short week, Mon-Fri I think with my mum, brother and sister. We entered Holland during that but no recollection of what that was like, similar to Belgium I guess. Also forgot what year that was. Florida I won't forget because I had such an awesome time, that was with Moony's family to see him in 2018. Grin

Italy I might go back to because I never got to eat a pasta there, so I'd like to eat in an Italian restaurant that's actually in Italy for pasta, since the best pasta I've had was in Belgium, or at least the best Spaghetti Bolognese I've eaten. (dah flip, why you underlining bolognese you stupid thing!)
Want to go visit America/Florida again and hope to with Moony's family also again. Japan has been on my radar but the desire has dropped a bit, probably because of recent events. I'll be all for it with a group of people though. Never travelled abroad by myself before so I'll be worrying about stuff maybe.
Turkey is a definite place I want to go to because of what Moony's family have told me about and showed photos, and think that will such a great to relax, have fun and eat new and so much good food too!

Anywhere else hasn't really grabbed my interest yet. Can't think of theme parks or whatever either.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The one American road trip that interests me the most has you going through a lot of it, possibly through every state, but getting to see all the best parts of it with the most optimal route. -googles- ah yeah here we go: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...road-trip/

[Image: vObPwOb.jpg]
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The one American road trip that interests me the most has you going through a lot of it, possibly through every state, but getting to see all the best parts of it with the most optimal route. -googles- ah yeah here we go: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...road-trip/

[Image: vObPwOb.jpg]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh crap, how long would that road trip roughly take?! Also any reason why they skip LA? XD Although I know next to nothing of LA so maybe it's too much of something to not include it?
Ah it says in the article. 9 and a third days for driving and two to three months in total. Huh was thinking like almost half a year but maybe I was overestimating, or underestimating how long days can actually be, like for instance my days in Florida for myself felt nice and slow. =3 XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh crap, how long would that road trip roughly take?! Also any reason why they skip LA? XD Although I know next to nothing of LA so maybe it's too much of something to not include it?
Ah it says in the article. 9 and a third days for driving and two to three months in total. Huh was thinking like almost half a year but maybe I was overestimating, or underestimating how long days can actually be, like for instance my days in Florida for myself felt nice and slow. =3 XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 9th, 2021, 12:42 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Only time I travelled abroad by myself was coming to Florida to visit Shira, but it was only the flight I had to do solo. Everything outside that was with somebody else, which is the only way I'd do that. I don't think I'd ever go on a trip to somewhere new by myself with no one I know to hang out with at the destination.
Yeah, the areas of Turkey my parents go to is a lot better than I expected it to be.

I'm surprised that the drive is only just over 9 days for that road trip Shira posted.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 9th, 2021, 12:42 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Only time I travelled abroad by myself was coming to Florida to visit Shira, but it was only the flight I had to do solo. Everything outside that was with somebody else, which is the only way I'd do that. I don't think I'd ever go on a trip to somewhere new by myself with no one I know to hang out with at the destination.
Yeah, the areas of Turkey my parents go to is a lot better than I expected it to be.

I'm surprised that the drive is only just over 9 days for that road trip Shira posted.