Phasmophobia | 2024 Roadmap and Beyond...
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I wish there were ways to check your sanity in those larger maps other than having to trek back to the truck. Just feels like a huge chore to have a monitor on that and when to anticipate more hunts because of how low your sanity could possibly be, and ruining any chances of gaining anything on those maps. Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I wish there were ways to check your sanity in those larger maps other than having to trek back to the truck. Just feels like a huge chore to have a monitor on that and when to anticipate more hunts because of how low your sanity could possibly be, and ruining any chances of gaining anything on those maps. Errm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,647
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 15th, 2022, 05:31 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I guess with the sanity changes with hallucinations that will give you a way to track your sanity outside the truck, assuming it will always happen when your sanity gets low enough. I wonder if it'll come as part of the Asylum rework since it would be fitting for you to lose your mind in that map more than any others.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,647 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 15th, 2022, 05:31 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I guess with the sanity changes with hallucinations that will give you a way to track your sanity outside the truck, assuming it will always happen when your sanity gets low enough. I wonder if it'll come as part of the Asylum rework since it would be fitting for you to lose your mind in that map more than any others.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did anyone check out the GDQ run of this yet? I missed it live and haven't had a moment to watch the recording yet to see how it went.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did anyone check out the GDQ run of this yet? I missed it live and haven't had a moment to watch the recording yet to see how it went.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
What the heck there was? I must've blanked it each time I've checked the schedule for SGDQ. XD I wonder what kind of run what it was, all maps fastest time I guess as getting every ghost would take WAY too long. *looks at schedule* Ah, it was on Mon/Tuesday yeah, I missed that. Any% Small Maps was the run.

Checking it out quickly, they're doing a 4-player set up so you can see all four players' views so it'll be a bit interesting to actually see each perspective, although a bit hard to follow if trying to cycle through all the screens almost simultaneously. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
What the heck there was? I must've blanked it each time I've checked the schedule for SGDQ. XD I wonder what kind of run what it was, all maps fastest time I guess as getting every ghost would take WAY too long. *looks at schedule* Ah, it was on Mon/Tuesday yeah, I missed that. Any% Small Maps was the run.

Checking it out quickly, they're doing a 4-player set up so you can see all four players' views so it'll be a bit interesting to actually see each perspective, although a bit hard to follow if trying to cycle through all the screens almost simultaneously. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I watched the run today finally, and it was interesting to see how quickly they were figuring out what the ghost was, and there was only one hunt throughout the entire run I think. I don't know if I'd care to ever watch another run of this game though.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I watched the run today finally, and it was interesting to see how quickly they were figuring out what the ghost was, and there was only one hunt throughout the entire run I think. I don't know if I'd care to ever watch another run of this game though.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, it wasn't particularly... different, other than just speedrunning the actual expected tech? Like, there was nothing to skip steps or do unintended methods, it was literally just beat these maps as fast as possible. It was still neat, don't get me wrong, but it was like we just sped up one of our playthroughs. The team synchronization is what made it cool, cuz everyone had a role to do and achieve to get their goal as fast as possible.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, it wasn't particularly... different, other than just speedrunning the actual expected tech? Like, there was nothing to skip steps or do unintended methods, it was literally just beat these maps as fast as possible. It was still neat, don't get me wrong, but it was like we just sped up one of our playthroughs. The team synchronization is what made it cool, cuz everyone had a role to do and achieve to get their goal as fast as possible.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 5th, 2022, 12:37 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I expect any speedrun of this game will be this way. I doubt we'll ever see any sort of skips because it falls entirely on the ghost AI to give you evidence.

I also didn't realise the devs had put out a preview of the new shop UI and the map for the replacement of Asylum: https://steamcommunity.com/games/739630/...4934677769
The map is purposefully faded, but someone managed to put together a more visible version complete with area labels: https://i.redd.it/r1dre3xq32791.png

I really like that there's stairwells at each end of the basement hallways so you don't have to backtrack. It'll make checking those left and right corridors so fast on both levels since you'll be able to just go in a loop on both of them with zero backtracking. Same for the central courtyard loop. The whole map reminds me of a more streamlined version of the school and I really hope this map is as good to play as it looks to be.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 5th, 2022, 12:37 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I expect any speedrun of this game will be this way. I doubt we'll ever see any sort of skips because it falls entirely on the ghost AI to give you evidence.

I also didn't realise the devs had put out a preview of the new shop UI and the map for the replacement of Asylum: https://steamcommunity.com/games/739630/...4934677769
The map is purposefully faded, but someone managed to put together a more visible version complete with area labels: https://i.redd.it/r1dre3xq32791.png

I really like that there's stairwells at each end of the basement hallways so you don't have to backtrack. It'll make checking those left and right corridors so fast on both levels since you'll be able to just go in a loop on both of them with zero backtracking. Same for the central courtyard loop. The whole map reminds me of a more streamlined version of the school and I really hope this map is as good to play as it looks to be.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
SAVE LOAD-OUT  Wow

dang that new store is heckin' SEXY. I also like they finally put photos so you can actually see what you're purchasing rather than just assuming what you get is what it looks like in the truck.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
SAVE LOAD-OUT  Wow

dang that new store is heckin' SEXY. I also like they finally put photos so you can actually see what you're purchasing rather than just assuming what you get is what it looks like in the truck.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
New shop is so much better than the text list we have currently. Dislike going through it, so happy it looks better now with pictures.

70 down from 111, thank goodness. If our run today wasn't as luckily quick as it was, going through the convoluted map would've taken ages. Always feel daunting that many rooms. OK, 70 is still a lot but should be more manageable, especially with the new layout and rooms the latter hopefully having more distinguishable features. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
New shop is so much better than the text list we have currently. Dislike going through it, so happy it looks better now with pictures.

70 down from 111, thank goodness. If our run today wasn't as luckily quick as it was, going through the convoluted map would've taken ages. Always feel daunting that many rooms. OK, 70 is still a lot but should be more manageable, especially with the new layout and rooms the latter hopefully having more distinguishable features. Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had to count myself because I genuinely didn't think there were 70 rooms on Sunny Meadows but turns out there is. Looks like the rooms are quite small though, so it shouldn't require much to check them. Even though we found the ghost quickly in Asylum yesterday it still felt easy to get lost going to and from that room because of the corridor layout. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had to count myself because I genuinely didn't think there were 70 rooms on Sunny Meadows but turns out there is. Looks like the rooms are quite small though, so it shouldn't require much to check them. Even though we found the ghost quickly in Asylum yesterday it still felt easy to get lost going to and from that room because of the corridor layout. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
We got extremely lucky with finding that ghost as fast as we did. If the power box hadn't been in a that room right next to it, it probably would have taken us a hell of a lot longer to find it. We also got lucky that the ghost didn't change rooms at all, since sometimes it can go a long ways away from its original room on Asylum. I think there's an issue where sometimes it'll actually go to the room directly downstairs as well, which isn't supposed to happen.

But yeah, Sunny Meadows will still be big, but won't feature the 200+ rooms that the current Asylum does. Still going to be the largest map in the game though.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
We got extremely lucky with finding that ghost as fast as we did. If the power box hadn't been in a that room right next to it, it probably would have taken us a hell of a lot longer to find it. We also got lucky that the ghost didn't change rooms at all, since sometimes it can go a long ways away from its original room on Asylum. I think there's an issue where sometimes it'll actually go to the room directly downstairs as well, which isn't supposed to happen.

But yeah, Sunny Meadows will still be big, but won't feature the 200+ rooms that the current Asylum does. Still going to be the largest map in the game though.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Development Preview #5 - Custom Difficulty Settings

Was curious if any new stuff had been shared for the game and saw this had come out a few weeks ago. I know we already knew there'll be custom difficulty stuff, but it's neat to see some more examples and that it looks like it'll cover as many variables as possible.

I wonder what people will find to be some of the best settings to use for fun variants on the base gameplay without sacrificing too much on the rewards payout. I'd kinda like to see if more frequent hunts but faster player movement would even out so some games can be more hectic similar to what I put in the dream thread in General Chat. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Development Preview #5 - Custom Difficulty Settings

Was curious if any new stuff had been shared for the game and saw this had come out a few weeks ago. I know we already knew there'll be custom difficulty stuff, but it's neat to see some more examples and that it looks like it'll cover as many variables as possible.

I wonder what people will find to be some of the best settings to use for fun variants on the base gameplay without sacrificing too much on the rewards payout. I'd kinda like to see if more frequent hunts but faster player movement would even out so some games can be more hectic similar to what I put in the dream thread in General Chat. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Those Sunny Meadow shots are super dark, sure it's not meant to be lit up but yikes, I may have to change brightness settings for that map a little.

Cool to see some of the custom settings. We have to wait to see the Ghost page but yeah hope there is a setting for hunts, perhaps for sanity range too as there've been some games where next to nothing happened, but preferably not including early sanity. Do still want to do a full on chase with no hiding and both player and ghost speed is high. XD First game on Sunny Meadows, hoo boy! *shot* Also more than one Cursed item? Nice.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Those Sunny Meadow shots are super dark, sure it's not meant to be lit up but yikes, I may have to change brightness settings for that map a little.

Cool to see some of the custom settings. We have to wait to see the Ghost page but yeah hope there is a setting for hunts, perhaps for sanity range too as there've been some games where next to nothing happened, but preferably not including early sanity. Do still want to do a full on chase with no hiding and both player and ghost speed is high. XD First game on Sunny Meadows, hoo boy! *shot* Also more than one Cursed item? Nice.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The problem with those screenshots is that the player lacks a flashlight and the map lights are turned off. Any map in the game looks just as dark when presented that way, and I'd rather these screenshots had been done with the lights on or a flashlight, because it's dumb to say "the hallways are far from empty" or "each area has its own theme and assets" when nobody can see what you're describing because it's too dark.

Looking at that post again because of the Sunny Meadow screenshots, I like that item loss can be turned off on custom games. Not because I want to never lose things, but it's a very nice way to experiment with settings to see what is and isn't good without worrying about losing stuff, or making a custom game with ridiculous settings where you're very likely to die without having to lose things as a result.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The problem with those screenshots is that the player lacks a flashlight and the map lights are turned off. Any map in the game looks just as dark when presented that way, and I'd rather these screenshots had been done with the lights on or a flashlight, because it's dumb to say "the hallways are far from empty" or "each area has its own theme and assets" when nobody can see what you're describing because it's too dark.

Looking at that post again because of the Sunny Meadow screenshots, I like that item loss can be turned off on custom games. Not because I want to never lose things, but it's a very nice way to experiment with settings to see what is and isn't good without worrying about losing stuff, or making a custom game with ridiculous settings where you're very likely to die without having to lose things as a result.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Speaking of the new map and updates, the Sunny Meadows update has officially gone into the testing stage (about a week ago now), so we should be seeing it go live in a couple more weeks. Ya'll better prepare your butts to play (and die) a lot on the new map, 'cause we're gonna hit it hard (maybe).

Can't wait to get instant hunt Thaye'd on the new map.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Speaking of the new map and updates, the Sunny Meadows update has officially gone into the testing stage (about a week ago now), so we should be seeing it go live in a couple more weeks. Ya'll better prepare your butts to play (and die) a lot on the new map, 'cause we're gonna hit it hard (maybe).

Can't wait to get instant hunt Thaye'd on the new map.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suikoden (Series) | HD Remasters Delayed to 2024 Moonface 9 1,552 Sep 9th, 2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Moonface