Summer Meltdown 2022 | Results
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: sm20banner.png]
Still haven't updated the year on this image lol

August is here, and so is this year's Summer Meltdown event! Wow

Over the next couple of weeks, we'll be hosting a variety of contests and activities for everyone to participate in for the event, focusing on summer and video games! Taking part in these will earn you points which you can redeem for items from our prize pool, with the top three participants getting extra bonuses, and whoever does the best this year will also receive a $10 cash prize!

You're also welcome to make and/or suggest your own summer themed contests and/or activities, which will also be eligible for earning points.

1st Place
  • $10 PSN / XBL / Nintendo / Steam Gift Card or PayPal cash equivalent
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • 1 Free Standard Universal Gaming Card based on a game not currently represented in the catalogue (it's Shiny equivalent will be created also, but not awarded)
  • 1 Shiny Summer Meltdown themed Universal Gaming Card
  • Coloured Username for 4 weeks
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • Coloured Username for 2 weeks
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card
  • Coloured Username for 1 week
  • 500 XP
Prize Pool
  • 1 Random Standard Universal Gaming Card - 2 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card - 3 Vouchers
  • 1 Standard Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 4 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 6 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 8 Vouchers
  • 1 Shiny Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 10 Vouchers
  • 1 Standard Summer Meltdown Universal Gaming Card - 6 Vouchers
  • 100 XP - 1 Voucher
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks - 4 Vouchers
Also, at the end of the event, I will reward XP to everyone for the amount of Meltdown Tokens they earn, which will be done with a calculation of "Meltdown Tokens x 20 = XP Amount", so for example, 18 tokens would be worth 360XP.

XP earn rates are also doubled for the duration of Summer Meltdown 2022, which means posting during the event will get you more XP than usual!

I have just one more thing to point out before I let you go (or leave anyway without reading more, I can't stop you), and that is the couple of rules and regulations in place for this event:
  • Any evident signs of cheating or manipulation by any user during this event may result in immediate disqualification and forfeit of any prize you may have been eligible for.
  • Staff may compete and earn points, but are not eligible for cash prizes. In the event a staff member attains first place, the cash prize shall be delegated down to the first non-staff member in the second or third place position.
  • You must have at least 25 posts to redeem the cash prize.
Now with everything out of the way, you'll find all of our Summer Meltdown 2022 activities hosted in the Contests & Events forum as they go live throughout the event, so get out there and have some fun! Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: sm20banner.png]
Still haven't updated the year on this image lol

August is here, and so is this year's Summer Meltdown event! Wow

Over the next couple of weeks, we'll be hosting a variety of contests and activities for everyone to participate in for the event, focusing on summer and video games! Taking part in these will earn you points which you can redeem for items from our prize pool, with the top three participants getting extra bonuses, and whoever does the best this year will also receive a $10 cash prize!

You're also welcome to make and/or suggest your own summer themed contests and/or activities, which will also be eligible for earning points.

1st Place
  • 1 Free Standard Universal Gaming Card based on a game not currently represented in the catalogue (it's Shiny equivalent will be created also, but not awarded)
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place
  • 500 XP
Prize Pool
  • 1 Random Standard Universal Gaming Card - 2 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card - 3 Vouchers
  • 1 Standard Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 4 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 6 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 8 Vouchers
  • 1 Shiny Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 10 Vouchers
  • 1 Standard Summer Meltdown Universal Gaming Card - 6 Vouchers
  • 100 XP - 1 Voucher
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks - 4 Vouchers
Also, at the end of the event, I will reward XP to everyone for the amount of Meltdown Tokens they earn, which will be done with a calculation of "Meltdown Tokens x 20 = XP Amount", so for example, 18 tokens would be worth 360XP.

XP earn rates are also doubled for the duration of Summer Meltdown 2022, which means posting during the event will get you more XP than usual!

I have just one more thing to point out before I let you go (or leave anyway without reading more, I can't stop you), and that is the couple of rules and regulations in place for this event:
  • Any evident signs of cheating or manipulation by any user during this event may result in immediate disqualification and forfeit of any prize you may have been eligible for.
  • Staff may compete and earn points, but are not eligible for cash prizes. In the event a staff member attains first place, the cash prize shall be delegated down to the first non-staff member in the second or third place position.
  • You must have at least 25 posts to redeem the cash prize.
Now with everything out of the way, you'll find all of our Summer Meltdown 2022 activities hosted in the Contests & Events forum as they go live throughout the event, so get out there and have some fun! Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Its here its finally here! The end of summer for some reason is when all the summer events actually happen!

I still don't get why... Errm
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Its here its finally here! The end of summer for some reason is when all the summer events actually happen!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 01:51 AM)Karo Wrote:

Because every year I procrastinate starting this event. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 01:51 AM)Karo Wrote:

Because every year I procrastinate starting this event. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's the Dog Days of Summer, didn't ya know?! Tongue

Summer has melted down Moony's Photoshop and he can no longer edit the file with the date in it Cry ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's the Dog Days of Summer, didn't ya know?! Tongue

Summer has melted down Moony's Photoshop and he can no longer edit the file with the date in it Cry ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 04:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If it's any consolation I did bother to edit the date on the image for our newest activity:

Community Summer Suitcase 2022 - Leave your mark on our Summer Meltdown 2022 community signature, featuring a fresh suitcase to take your airlock raccoons with you on vacation! Grin If you don't have the ability to add your own signature to the image, you can tell us what you want to have and someone will happily add it for you. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 04:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If it's any consolation I did bother to edit the date on the image for our newest activity:

Community Summer Suitcase 2022 - Leave your mark on our Summer Meltdown 2022 community signature, featuring a fresh suitcase to take your airlock raccoons with you on vacation! Grin If you don't have the ability to add your own signature to the image, you can tell us what you want to have and someone will happily add it for you. ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Where in the Game #2 is now live! Hopefully this round goes better than the first outing this new contest had. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Where in the Game #2 is now live! Hopefully this round goes better than the first outing this new contest had. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Summer Meltdown 2022 will come to an end this weekend! If you wish to make any submissions in the following contests that are still open, this is your last call!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Summer Meltdown 2022 will come to an end this weekend! If you wish to make any submissions in the following contests that are still open, this is your last call!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Summer Meltdown 2022 Results
The sun has finally, finally, FINALLY, set on Summer Meltdown, because the final results are here! Let's see how everyone did:

1st Place - @ShiraNoMai
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place - @Mr EliteL
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place - @Moonface
  • 500 XP
Congratulations to our top three participants! Here is how the final standings turned out:

MemberMeltdown Tokens
@ShiraNoMai 13
@Mr EliteL 8
@Moonface 6
@Karo 5
@Daisy Johnson 4

For everyone who participated, you can redeem any of the items in the prize pool below using the points you have acquired. I have opted to remove the XP redemption item as there are other items already worth 1 voucher, and XP earnings were increased beyond the event by accident plus everyone who participated will receive XP rewards anyway, so it seems pointless to offer even more XP in light of that.

Prize Pool
  • 1 Random Standard Universal Gaming Card - 1 Voucher
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card - 2 Vouchers
  • 1 Standard Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 3 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 4 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 6 Vouchers
  • 1 Shiny Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 8 Vouchers
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks - 1 Voucher

Also, everybody will receive XP to the equivalent of their earned Tokens multiplied by 20. So everybody will receive the following XP rewards:

MemberXP Reward
@ShiraNoMai 260
@Mr EliteL 160
@Moonface 120
@Karo 100
@Daisy Johnson 80

I will add the items everyone has already earned onto their accounts in a couple of days, so that any prize redemptions can also be done at the same time to make it easier for me to do everything. I promise it won't be as long as it was for me to get these results done. ROFL

Also, our 16th Anniversary will be here on October 15th, and that means our Halloween Birthday Bash event will be starting soon too, so keep your eyes peeled for more festivities soon! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Summer Meltdown 2022 Results
The sun has finally, finally, FINALLY, set on Summer Meltdown, because the final results are here! Let's see how everyone did:

1st Place - @ShiraNoMai
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place - @Mr EliteL
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place - @Moonface
  • 500 XP
Congratulations to our top three participants! Here is how the final standings turned out:

MemberMeltdown Tokens
@ShiraNoMai 13
@Mr EliteL 8
@Moonface 6
@Karo 5
@Daisy Johnson 4

For everyone who participated, you can redeem any of the items in the prize pool below using the points you have acquired. I have opted to remove the XP redemption item as there are other items already worth 1 voucher, and XP earnings were increased beyond the event by accident plus everyone who participated will receive XP rewards anyway, so it seems pointless to offer even more XP in light of that.

Prize Pool
  • 1 Random Standard Universal Gaming Card - 1 Voucher
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card - 2 Vouchers
  • 1 Standard Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 3 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 4 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 6 Vouchers
  • 1 Shiny Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 8 Vouchers
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks - 1 Voucher

Also, everybody will receive XP to the equivalent of their earned Tokens multiplied by 20. So everybody will receive the following XP rewards:

MemberXP Reward
@ShiraNoMai 260
@Mr EliteL 160
@Moonface 120
@Karo 100
@Daisy Johnson 80

I will add the items everyone has already earned onto their accounts in a couple of days, so that any prize redemptions can also be done at the same time to make it easier for me to do everything. I promise it won't be as long as it was for me to get these results done. ROFL

Also, our 16th Anniversary will be here on October 15th, and that means our Halloween Birthday Bash event will be starting soon too, so keep your eyes peeled for more festivities soon! Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'll take a Shiny Mario Kart card, a Standard Splatoon card, and a random non-dupe card!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'll take a Shiny Mario Kart card, a Standard Splatoon card, and a random non-dupe card!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Karo @Mr EliteL @Daisy Johnson I'm giving you three until the end of the month to redeem anything from the prize pool with the points you earned. If you haven't done so by then I will only be awarding the items you earned otherwise.

@ShiraNoMai: I forgot to give you your stuff but I'll get to it soon. Sweat

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Karo @Mr EliteL @Daisy Johnson I'm giving you three until the end of the month to redeem anything from the prize pool with the points you earned. If you haven't done so by then I will only be awarding the items you earned otherwise.

@ShiraNoMai: I forgot to give you your stuff but I'll get to it soon. Sweat
Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276
WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
Since I don't understand what I actually did earn, I will leave it up to you as far as what I won.
[Image: GsFGwd4.gif]
[Image: V1uxtCc.png] 
Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276 WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
Since I don't understand what I actually did earn, I will leave it up to you as far as what I won.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 24th, 2022, 05:34 PM)Daisy Johnson Wrote:
I don't mind explaining it. So you earned 4 points, which you can redeem for anything in the prize pool that's in the results post. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 24th, 2022, 05:34 PM)Daisy Johnson Wrote:
I don't mind explaining it. So you earned 4 points, which you can redeem for anything in the prize pool that's in the results post. Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah yes, forgot I haven't picked, I'll choose the 8 Voucher one for a Tekken Shiny. Grin
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah yes, forgot I haven't picked, I'll choose the 8 Voucher one for a Tekken Shiny. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Okay, apologies for not getting to all of this sooner; school was just piling things onto me the past few weeks to dedicate the time to sorting all this out.

@ShiraNoMai: You have received the following Universal Gaming Cards:
  • Summer Meltdown (Shiny)
  • Crash Bandicoot (Shiny)
  • Destiny (Shiny)
  • Fire Emblem (Shiny)
  • Mario Kart (Shiny)
  • Hatsune Mike (Standard)
  • Splatoon (Standard)
You also still need to supply a username colour if you wish to change your current one for four weeks, or you can give it away if you don't want to have it. If you do give it away, you do not need to give away the full four weeks to a single person; I will let you split it up if you want to give it to multiple people.
You also still need to give me a game series not currently represented to have a UG Card made of.

@Mr EliteL: You have received the following Universal Gaming Cards:
  • Halo (Shiny)
  • Metal Gear Solid (Shiny)
  • Tekken (Shiny)
  • Pac-Man (Standard)
  • Megami Tensei (Standard)
Like Shira, you too have a coloured name choice to make, or you can give it away to someone else if you don't want to have it. If you do give it away, you do not need to give away the full four weeks to a single person; I will let you split it up if you want to give it to multiple people.

@Daisy Johnson: Since you asked me to just handle your redemptions, I've traded your points in for the following items in the prize pool:
  • Animal Crossing (Standard) Universal Gaming Card for 1 point
  • Pac-Man (Standard) Universal Gaming Card for 1 point
  • Street Fighter (Standard) Universal Gaming Card for 1 point
  • Summer Meltdown (Standard) for participating in the event
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks for 1 point (please let me know what colour you would like to have)

@Karo: Although you never replied with any redemptions, I will trade your points at random for items in the prize pool since I did it for Daisy:
  • Sonic (Shiny) Universal Gaming Card for 4 points
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks for 1 point (please let me know what colour you would like to have)

And since I need to do my redemptions too, guess I'll throw up the list of my earnings (mostly for my own records):
  • Half Life (Shiny)
  • Bioshock (Standard)

I think that should be everything more or less covered, finally. If I forgot something or in sorting all this missed handing out a particular reward to any of you, let me know so I can fix it. Smile
I'll be dealing with Halloween Birthday Bash tomorrow hopefully.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Okay, apologies for not getting to all of this sooner; school was just piling things onto me the past few weeks to dedicate the time to sorting all this out.

@ShiraNoMai: You have received the following Universal Gaming Cards:
  • Destiny (Shiny)
  • Fire Emblem (Shiny)
  • Mario Kart (Shiny)
  • Splatoon (Standard)
You also still need to supply a username colour if you wish to change your current one for four weeks, or you can give it away if you don't want to have it. If you do give it away, you do not need to give away the full four weeks to a single person; I will let you split it up if you want to give it to multiple people.
You also still need to give me a game series not currently represented to have a UG Card made of.

@Mr EliteL: You have received the following Universal Gaming Cards:
  • Halo (Shiny)
  • Metal Gear Solid (Shiny)
  • Tekken (Shiny)
  • Pac-Man (Standard)
  • Megami Tensei (Standard)
Like Shira, you too have a coloured name choice to make, or you can give it away to someone else if you don't want to have it. If you do give it away, you do not need to give away the full four weeks to a single person; I will let you split it up if you want to give it to multiple people.

@Daisy Johnson: Since you asked me to just handle your redemptions, I've traded your points in for the following items in the prize pool:
  • Animal Crossing (Standard) Universal Gaming Card for 1 point
  • Pac-Man (Standard) Universal Gaming Card for 1 point
  • Street Fighter (Standard) Universal Gaming Card for 1 point
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks for 1 point (please let me know what colour you would like to have)

@Karo: Although you never replied with any redemptions, I will trade your points at random for items in the prize pool since I did it for Daisy:
  • Sonic (Shiny) Universal Gaming Card for 4 points
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks for 1 point (please let me know what colour you would like to have)

And since I need to do my redemptions too, guess I'll throw up the list of my earnings (mostly for my own records):
  • Half Life (Shiny)
  • Bioshock (Standard)

I think that should be everything more or less covered, finally. If I forgot something or in sorting all this missed handing out a particular reward to any of you, let me know so I can fix it. Smile
I'll be dealing with Halloween Birthday Bash tomorrow hopefully.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Dec 9th, 2022, 01:09 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yes, Mike is very Hatsune.

I don't usually get my username coloured differently after winning that kind of reward, but I'll do it as it's Xmas. I'll go with this colour for this.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Dec 9th, 2022, 01:09 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yes, Mike is very Hatsune.

I don't usually get my username coloured differently after winning that kind of reward, but I'll do it as it's Xmas. I'll go with this colour for this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halloween Birthday Bash 2022 | Results (Finally) Moonface 5 1,172 Jan 23rd, 2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  Summer Meltdown 2021 Moonface 15 5,762 Oct 14th, 2021, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Summer Meltdown 2020 Moonface 7 4,970 Oct 22nd, 2020, 04:24 PM
  Summer Meltdown 2019 Moonface 5 4,942 Aug 4th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Summer Meltdown 2018 | Results Moonface 22 19,920 Oct 5th, 2018, 09:01 PM