Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 15th, 2022, 11:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Forgot to mention about the snow, although where I am we got next to nothing, some odd areas and small patches of very thin snow but that's about it. Probably why I didn't bother talking about that. XD Other places did get snow though, and saw what Basildon had today which was a fair amount. Had gone down so might have been deep when the snow first fully settled a couple days ago.
Ah, probably why my parents never bothered to mention it or send me a photo of it then. Has the weather predicted more snow could come later or is that far in advance of a forecast still up in the air?

Happy to have tomorrow off work. Had to unexpectedly go in today because my coworker is out for medical reasons until Wednesday, and I'm sure nobody will do even the bare minimum to my department tomorrow while I'm off so I can walk into a total disaster on Tuesday to fix by myself. Rolleyes
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 15th, 2022, 11:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Forgot to mention about the snow, although where I am we got next to nothing, some odd areas and small patches of very thin snow but that's about it. Probably why I didn't bother talking about that. XD Other places did get snow though, and saw what Basildon had today which was a fair amount. Had gone down so might have been deep when the snow first fully settled a couple days ago.
Ah, probably why my parents never bothered to mention it or send me a photo of it then. Has the weather predicted more snow could come later or is that far in advance of a forecast still up in the air?

Happy to have tomorrow off work. Had to unexpectedly go in today because my coworker is out for medical reasons until Wednesday, and I'm sure nobody will do even the bare minimum to my department tomorrow while I'm off so I can walk into a total disaster on Tuesday to fix by myself. Rolleyes
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Hiya! How's everyone doing?
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I got my Titan EVO 2022 chair put together and am currently using it. So far, very nice! The previous chair I was using didn't have armrests, so this chair having them so that my arms aren't just hanging while playing/chatting any more is already a huge improvement. Comfort of the chair for me so far is nice. It's firmer, but that's actually a good thing for my back. I've been sitting in it for a little over an hour now and no discomfort yet. We'll see how I feel after sitting in it for a much more prolonged time. The pillow that this chair comes with is insanely comfortable as well, so that's a huge plus.

The only negative I have about the chair so far is the smell of the material, but I expected it to have that "new" smell for a bit, like most things do. Hopefully it won't take too long for the smell to go away.

So far, so good. Hopefully it stays that way.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I got my Titan EVO 2022 chair put together and am currently using it. So far, very nice! The previous chair I was using didn't have armrests, so this chair having them so that my arms aren't just hanging while playing/chatting any more is already a huge improvement. Comfort of the chair for me so far is nice. It's firmer, but that's actually a good thing for my back. I've been sitting in it for a little over an hour now and no discomfort yet. We'll see how I feel after sitting in it for a much more prolonged time. The pillow that this chair comes with is insanely comfortable as well, so that's a huge plus.

The only negative I have about the chair so far is the smell of the material, but I expected it to have that "new" smell for a bit, like most things do. Hopefully it won't take too long for the smell to go away.

So far, so good. Hopefully it stays that way.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 20th, 2022, 02:48 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
I just got home from work and the best way to summarize how that went is I want to scream and punch a wall. I'm gonna take a bit to calm myself down so I'll be back later on, and if no one else posts in here here then you'll all die I'll edit my post to respond to what you wrote @Dragon Lord.

x.x

Well, I think I finally managed to calm down from all the stress I was having earlier, although now I'm tired so yay. Suffer

Glad to hear your chair is good for you so far DL! You describing your previous one as having no armrests makes me think of those generic computer chairs I'd see in any of the IT rooms at my secondary school. It looked kinda like this:

[Image: Eclipse%20Plus%20II%20Operator%20Chair%2...00x200.jpg]

XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 20th, 2022, 02:48 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
I just got home from work and the best way to summarize how that went is I want to scream and punch a wall. I'm gonna take a bit to calm myself down so I'll be back later on, and if no one else posts in here here then you'll all die I'll edit my post to respond to what you wrote @Dragon Lord.

x.x

Well, I think I finally managed to calm down from all the stress I was having earlier, although now I'm tired so yay. Suffer

Glad to hear your chair is good for you so far DL! You describing your previous one as having no armrests makes me think of those generic computer chairs I'd see in any of the IT rooms at my secondary school. It looked kinda like this:

[Image: Eclipse%20Plus%20II%20Operator%20Chair%2...00x200.jpg]

XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's actually almost exactly like the chair that I had previously. It was just some cheapy office chair we had from... I don't know how long ago. The worst part is that the control for the backrest was broken, so I couldn't keep the backrest more upright and was permanently in more of a leaned-back position in it.

It hasn't even been a full day in the Titan EVO and it's already been night and day compared to before. The arm rests alone are enough for me to find the upgrade to have been worth it, haha. Definitely going to take some time to get used to how firm the chair is though. My body isn't used to having this kind of support from my chair. Probably gonna have a bit of soreness from long periods of sitting in it until my body is used to it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's actually almost exactly like the chair that I had previously. It was just some cheapy office chair we had from... I don't know how long ago. The worst part is that the control for the backrest was broken, so I couldn't keep the backrest more upright and was permanently in more of a leaned-back position in it.

It hasn't even been a full day in the Titan EVO and it's already been night and day compared to before. The arm rests alone are enough for me to find the upgrade to have been worth it, haha. Definitely going to take some time to get used to how firm the chair is though. My body isn't used to having this kind of support from my chair. Probably gonna have a bit of soreness from long periods of sitting in it until my body is used to it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Awesome about your new chair, DL. Well worth the purchase, damn can't wait until I can have an actual room setup which can fit that kind of chair in.

Currently at work, on half my break and about to go back down. Crap ton of veg (good), and also way too much flowers (bad), wonder if they'll sell in time. Fun times.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Awesome about your new chair, DL. Well worth the purchase, damn can't wait until I can have an actual room setup which can fit that kind of chair in.

Currently at work, on half my break and about to go back down. Crap ton of veg (good), and also way too much flowers (bad), wonder if they'll sell in time. Fun times.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Hi peeps, hows it going? Smile

Looks like its just a couple days from Christmas.

Anyone have any plans?

[Image: 200.gif]
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Hi peeps, hows it going? Smile

Anyone have any plans?

[Image: 200.gif]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My only plans are just work for the remaining three days, wrap gifts before the big day and make sure I attend the day. As in, don't suddenly become ill so I avoid everyone who'll be present on Xmas Day and Boxing Day. Although I wouldn't complain, I could save myself from listening to Christmas Songs by using my headphones to play other music, because I'm always sick of hearing them thanks to the radio at my workplace.

Also just realised we usually have a specific topic for the year's Holiday so I better go make one.

EDIT: Also wanted to add this because I forgot earlier:

(Dec 13th, 2022, 10:52 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm curious which Christmas/seasonal snacks they are. Especially since I've forgotten most of the things that come out in the UK besides the copious amounts of chocolates. Tongue

Ah just some chocolates, crisps and chilled stuff like special sausage rolls, cocktail sausages and well part food that comes out around Xmas. I couldn't find Cadbury Festive Friends (they're like the Cadbury Animals) that I sometimes buy this year, or they sold out before I went looking but don't remember seeing them. I only bought crisps, Mini Cheddars tube that's better value than multipack/share packs, sausages that are maple and bourbon glazed, plus pork pies this time though. Did get sausage rolls but they were normal and just had the Christmas themed label on them. Ah and bought some Lotte Shaw's gingerbread men and snowmen.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My only plans are just work for the remaining three days, wrap gifts before the big day and make sure I attend the day. As in, don't suddenly become ill so I avoid everyone who'll be present on Xmas Day and Boxing Day. Although I wouldn't complain, I could save myself from listening to Christmas Songs by using my headphones to play other music, because I'm always sick of hearing them thanks to the radio at my workplace.

Also just realised we usually have a specific topic for the year's Holiday so I better go make one.

EDIT: Also wanted to add this because I forgot earlier:

(Dec 13th, 2022, 10:52 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm curious which Christmas/seasonal snacks they are. Especially since I've forgotten most of the things that come out in the UK besides the copious amounts of chocolates. Tongue

Ah just some chocolates, crisps and chilled stuff like special sausage rolls, cocktail sausages and well part food that comes out around Xmas. I couldn't find Cadbury Festive Friends (they're like the Cadbury Animals) that I sometimes buy this year, or they sold out before I went looking but don't remember seeing them. I only bought crisps, Mini Cheddars tube that's better value than multipack/share packs, sausages that are maple and bourbon glazed, plus pork pies this time though. Did get sausage rolls but they were normal and just had the Christmas themed label on them. Ah and bought some Lotte Shaw's gingerbread men and snowmen.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I don't really have any plans for Christmas. I work Saturday night, so I'll be working from 12 AM - 6 AM Christmas Day (holiday pay, wooh!), then Sunday is one of my normal nights off, so I'll be just doing my usual Sunday night gaming. Maybe see if any friends want to hang out for a bit that night and do some gaming with me.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I don't really have any plans for Christmas. I work Saturday night, so I'll be working from 12 AM - 6 AM Christmas Day (holiday pay, wooh!), then Sunday is one of my normal nights off, so I'll be just doing my usual Sunday night gaming. Maybe see if any friends want to hang out for a bit that night and do some gaming with me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 21st, 2022, 04:13 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

ROFL
Back when I had a desktop I only had two chairs for it, of which I had no real say in because I wasn't old enough to care or know what to even look for other than "a chair". The first one was literally just one of the wooden dining room chairs I think, then when my parents got an actual chair it was just some cheap looking thing but I think it had a taller back than the image I posted, and it was also cream fabric which is an awful colour for a chair because it discolors so badly due to being cream. Can't really remember what it was like to sit on, since I switched to laptops exclusively after that desktop finally died so I'd just sit on the couch or on my bed. I can't even remember if I've ever sat on a well-made PC chair or not ever actually. Confused

(Dec 21st, 2022, 12:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Any of the bulk food I had for frozen food at my job this year is basically already all gone. I doubt I'll have anything left by the time I finish work tomorrow unless my delivery that I'll be working at 5am happens to bring more of that stuff in, but Tuesday's truck (which is the biggest I get every week) barely had any of it so I'm not expecting much. Which is fine by me, it means less stuff for me to keep refilling. ROFL

(Dec 21st, 2022, 02:30 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Anyone have any plans?
I haven't even got any Christmas decorations up yet so that should be enough to show how great my handling of Christmas this year is going. ROFL

(Dec 21st, 2022, 10:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Although I wouldn't complain, I could save myself from listening to Christmas Songs by using my headphones to play other music, because I'm always sick of hearing them thanks to the radio at my workplace.
Weirdly my work hasn't played many Christmas songs this year on the radio, unless I've just managed to tune them out so much it just feels that way. Now I'm gonna have to focus on the radio tomorrow at work to see how much is actually being played. LOL

Aww man I miss the Cadbury Animals (or their variants). I can't remember if the British food store over here has ever had them in or not, but I'm gonna side with it being no.
Speaking of that British store, I went there this past weekend (haven't been there since before Easter) and grabbed some stuff that was holiday related as well as regular things. I'll throw the list in a spoiler for you or anyone who wants to read it:

Some of the items are Irish since this store covers the whole of the UK, in case you or any other UK users don't recognise everything in that list (such as the crisps). Wink

Now that I can say something that isn't responding to a quote of someone else, I was looking for a new image for the next Where in the World contest (since Shira guessed the previous one on her first try...) and for whatever reason, this is a thing that exists: https://www.mapcrunch.com/s/1160983_08709221
This site uses Google Maps, so now I'm wondering if this is also on the real Google Maps and if it is I need to know why. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 21st, 2022, 04:13 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

ROFL
Back when I had a desktop I only had two chairs for it, of which I had no real say in because I wasn't old enough to care or know what to even look for other than "a chair". The first one was literally just one of the wooden dining room chairs I think, then when my parents got an actual chair it was just some cheap looking thing but I think it had a taller back than the image I posted, and it was also cream fabric which is an awful colour for a chair because it discolors so badly due to being cream. Can't really remember what it was like to sit on, since I switched to laptops exclusively after that desktop finally died so I'd just sit on the couch or on my bed. I can't even remember if I've ever sat on a well-made PC chair or not ever actually. Confused

(Dec 21st, 2022, 12:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Any of the bulk food I had for frozen food at my job this year is basically already all gone. I doubt I'll have anything left by the time I finish work tomorrow unless my delivery that I'll be working at 5am happens to bring more of that stuff in, but Tuesday's truck (which is the biggest I get every week) barely had any of it so I'm not expecting much. Which is fine by me, it means less stuff for me to keep refilling. ROFL

(Dec 21st, 2022, 02:30 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Anyone have any plans?
I haven't even got any Christmas decorations up yet so that should be enough to show how great my handling of Christmas this year is going. ROFL

Although I wouldn't complain, I could save myself from listening to Christmas Songs by using my headphones to play other music, because I'm always sick of hearing them thanks to the radio at my workplace.
Weirdly my work hasn't played many Christmas songs this year on the radio, unless I've just managed to tune them out so much it just feels that way. Now I'm gonna have to focus on the radio tomorrow at work to see how much is actually being played. LOL

Aww man I miss the Cadbury Animals (or their variants). I can't remember if the British food store over here has ever had them in or not, but I'm gonna side with it being no.
Speaking of that British store, I went there this past weekend (haven't been there since before Easter) and grabbed some stuff that was holiday related as well as regular things. I'll throw the list in a spoiler for you or anyone who wants to read it:

Some of the items are Irish since this store covers the whole of the UK, in case you or any other UK users don't recognise everything in that list (such as the crisps). Wink

Now that I can say something that isn't responding to a quote of someone else, I was looking for a new image for the next Where in the World contest (since Shira guessed the previous one on her first try...) and for whatever reason, this is a thing that exists: https://www.mapcrunch.com/s/1160983_08709221
This site uses Google Maps, so now I'm wondering if this is also on the real Google Maps and if it is I need to know why. XD
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
(Dec 22nd, 2022, 05:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Todays the day! Merry Christmas
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
(Dec 22nd, 2022, 05:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Todays the day! Merry Christmas
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Happy December 26th! Christmas is over and now its just a few days from 2023! I hope Santa was good to you all. Smile
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Happy December 26th! Christmas is over and now its just a few days from 2023! I hope Santa was good to you all. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's still hard to believe the year is almost over. I feel like this one was maybe the most eventful out of the 2020's decade so far in all honesty. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's still hard to believe the year is almost over. I feel like this one was maybe the most eventful out of the 2020's decade so far in all honesty. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's unsurprising, I suppose. This is the first full year we've had largely to recover from the virus' complete domination of the world. Cogs have begun to fully realize themselves in a society post (arguably current) trauma. The fruits of a society post-pandemic. Wild to see, honestly. These back to back years of molasses-type movement in this world have really fucked with our sense of time, I think.

Vacation so far is...going. My diet as of late on top of stresses leading up to it have possibly gotten my energy levels at an all-time low. Hard to really get energy to want to do the things I wanted to accomplish with this time off. Ugh.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's unsurprising, I suppose. This is the first full year we've had largely to recover from the virus' complete domination of the world. Cogs have begun to fully realize themselves in a society post (arguably current) trauma. The fruits of a society post-pandemic. Wild to see, honestly. These back to back years of molasses-type movement in this world have really fucked with our sense of time, I think.

Vacation so far is...going. My diet as of late on top of stresses leading up to it have possibly gotten my energy levels at an all-time low. Hard to really get energy to want to do the things I wanted to accomplish with this time off. Ugh.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Dec 26th, 2022, 09:05 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Was it? It didn't feel any different than the previous two years to me. I suppose because COVID didn't really matter to me and didn't really change my life style at all. I guess more games released this year than the last couple of years, but aside from that nothing else felt any different for me.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Dec 26th, 2022, 09:05 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Was it? It didn't feel any different than the previous two years to me. I suppose because COVID didn't really matter to me and didn't really change my life style at all. I guess more games released this year than the last couple of years, but aside from that nothing else felt any different for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,949 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,192 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,888 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,029 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,544 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM