Universal Chat Thread
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Quote:Found a job posting that I fit the qualifications for but then I saw "type: 1099-contractor Pay: 35000 / year"

That is massive bullshit a 1099 means 1) I get to pay a ton for insurance (Because no employer provided/employer pays part) and 2) get to a bunch more in taxes every quarter (vs once a year as a normal W2 employee), no benefits what so ever, and even less job security!

What the hell, a 1099 should be easily near if not at 6 figures just because of all of the above, 35k /year is barely a living wage here if it is at all.

What? Bullshit!

Stuff like that makes my blood boil.

Quote:In a way although Russia's furlong hope charges often were a time of desperation (that I know of at lease...) and not "just to fuck with the rebels/show them a lesson" that Palatine was fond of.

Palpatine is not a good emperor at all. He makes stupid mistakes just for lolz.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Quote:Found a job posting that I fit the qualifications for but then I saw "type: 1099-contractor Pay: 35000 / year"

That is massive bullshit a 1099 means 1) I get to pay a ton for insurance (Because no employer provided/employer pays part) and 2) get to a bunch more in taxes every quarter (vs once a year as a normal W2 employee), no benefits what so ever, and even less job security!

What the hell, a 1099 should be easily near if not at 6 figures just because of all of the above, 35k /year is barely a living wage here if it is at all.

What? Bullshit!

Quote:In a way although Russia's furlong hope charges often were a time of desperation (that I know of at lease...) and not "just to fuck with the rebels/show them a lesson" that Palatine was fond of.

lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 20th, 2018, 12:39 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

What? Bullshit!

What do you expect when you were controlling both sides in the previous war, then now your new enemy is a bunch of dis organized twats mostly from poor outer rim worlds who were mostly untrained. Also you were expecting the only other known* force user to kill your current apprestest and turn to the dark side or your apprentice kill him.

*Movie Cannon, EU Cannon is a bit messier

as far as the job stuff...Im just getting sick of it, at "best' every place wants 2 years of experence (I only have 1.5, but they only see 1) and most want a 4 year degree + 4 years exp I have neither.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 20th, 2018, 12:39 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

What? Bullshit!

What do you expect when you were controlling both sides in the previous war, then now your new enemy is a bunch of dis organized twats mostly from poor outer rim worlds who were mostly untrained. Also you were expecting the only other known* force user to kill your current apprestest and turn to the dark side or your apprentice kill him.

*Movie Cannon, EU Cannon is a bit messier

as far as the job stuff...Im just getting sick of it, at "best' every place wants 2 years of experence (I only have 1.5, but they only see 1) and most want a 4 year degree + 4 years exp I have neither.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:What do you expect when you were controlling both sides in the previous war, then now your new enemy is a bunch of dis organized twats mostly from poor outer rim worlds who were mostly untrained. Also you were expecting the only other known* force user to kill your current apprestest and turn to the dark side or your apprentice kill him.

That's an incredibly weird situation, but you are picking my interest.

Quote:as far as the job stuff...Im just getting sick of it, at "best' every place wants 2 years of experence (I only have 1.5, but they only see 1) and most want a 4 year degree + 4 years exp I have neither.

Feel free to PM me the business address of one of those places wanting people with +2 years of experience. I have, well, experience crafting deal-making letters and stuff (and a wide success rate to back me up).
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:What do you expect when you were controlling both sides in the previous war, then now your new enemy is a bunch of dis organized twats mostly from poor outer rim worlds who were mostly untrained. Also you were expecting the only other known* force user to kill your current apprestest and turn to the dark side or your apprentice kill him.

Quote:as far as the job stuff...Im just getting sick of it, at "best' every place wants 2 years of experence (I only have 1.5, but they only see 1) and most want a 4 year degree + 4 years exp I have neither.

Feel free to PM me the business address of one of those places wanting people with +2 years of experience. I have, well, experience crafting deal-making letters and stuff (and a wide success rate to back me up).
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 01:42 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

I just realized I gave spoilers out, SO WATCH THE MOVIES I will only tell you its in the Prequel Trilogy

If I ever get any I will let you know most are just a business name which may or may not have multiple locations and they dont disclose which one.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 01:42 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

I just realized I gave spoilers out, SO WATCH THE MOVIES I will only tell you its in the Prequel Trilogy

If I ever get any I will let you know most are just a business name which may or may not have multiple locations and they dont disclose which one.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:I just realized I gave spoilers out, SO WATCH THE MOVIES I will only tell you its in the Prequel Trilogy

Alright, alright, gee xD

in the meantime... I'd be very interested in knowing your opinion on the SW: Battlegrounds games. I personally really liked the one I played, but I see people are way too quick to dismiss them based on how much of a AOE-clone they are.

Quote:If I ever get any I will let you know most are just a business name which may or may not have multiple locations and they dont disclose which one.

It's alright.

Please keep in mind that, after step one (which is preparing the terrain and making them lower their requirements a little), I'm likely to need some personal info of yours for the purpose of getting you hired. Know that I'm perfectly fine with you not being cool with giving it and that I'd much rather having them contact you directly... mentioned it just in case they'd rather keep talking to me instead.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:I just realized I gave spoilers out, SO WATCH THE MOVIES I will only tell you its in the Prequel Trilogy

Alright, alright, gee xD

in the meantime... I'd be very interested in knowing your opinion on the SW: Battlegrounds games. I personally really liked the one I played, but I see people are way too quick to dismiss them based on how much of a AOE-clone they are.

Quote:If I ever get any I will let you know most are just a business name which may or may not have multiple locations and they dont disclose which one.

It's alright.

Please keep in mind that, after step one (which is preparing the terrain and making them lower their requirements a little), I'm likely to need some personal info of yours for the purpose of getting you hired. Know that I'm perfectly fine with you not being cool with giving it and that I'd much rather having them contact you directly... mentioned it just in case they'd rather keep talking to me instead.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 02:19 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Alright, alright, gee xD

It's alright.

I played Battlegounds a fair bit as a kid (and AoEII a hell of a lot). It Battlegrounds always felt off to me, actually every Star Wars RTS I have played did (everyone but BattleOrders and Rebellion).

Battlegrounds fails for me party how they handle space/air units just hovering and stopping to shoot, and well even though AoEII is like the best RTS ever it hurt it in this case in terms of engine limitations and direction (including space units as they are so bad in the game not acting like actual star wars craft)

Honestly I would have rather had (and still do) an RTS based on Rise of Nations as the aircraft in that game allowed for realistic movement (i.e. shooting/bombing as they move)

The thing SWBG had going for it is that its like the only Star Wars game where you can cross time lines and have say the Rebel Alliance battle the CIS or have the Empire fight the Old Republic.

Galaxy at War is more polished but I still was underwhelmed by it, for an IP that has such rich world building and such a vast array of units and unit types the RTSes always fell flat for me.

As for the other stuff we will deal with it if we ever get there.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 02:19 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Alright, alright, gee xD

It's alright.

I played Battlegounds a fair bit as a kid (and AoEII a hell of a lot). It Battlegrounds always felt off to me, actually every Star Wars RTS I have played did (everyone but BattleOrders and Rebellion).

Battlegrounds fails for me party how they handle space/air units just hovering and stopping to shoot, and well even though AoEII is like the best RTS ever it hurt it in this case in terms of engine limitations and direction (including space units as they are so bad in the game not acting like actual star wars craft)

Honestly I would have rather had (and still do) an RTS based on Rise of Nations as the aircraft in that game allowed for realistic movement (i.e. shooting/bombing as they move)

The thing SWBG had going for it is that its like the only Star Wars game where you can cross time lines and have say the Rebel Alliance battle the CIS or have the Empire fight the Old Republic.

Galaxy at War is more polished but I still was underwhelmed by it, for an IP that has such rich world building and such a vast array of units and unit types the RTSes always fell flat for me.

As for the other stuff we will deal with it if we ever get there.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
I agree with the ships handling on BG... it's so flawed, it even makes air units the most vulnerable tools at your disposal.

It's really not fun (nor cheap) using them like that.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
I agree with the ships handling on BG... it's so flawed, it even makes air units the most vulnerable tools at your disposal.

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 04:13 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Damn it I just want a Star Wars base building sandbox RTS like AoEII where you can have good flying units! Like say Rise of Nations but nooooooo

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Damn it I just want a Star Wars base building sandbox RTS like AoEII where you can have good flying units! Like say Rise of Nations but nooooooo
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 20th, 2018, 04:38 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

At least you can still sacrifice Stormtroopers Tongue
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 05:19 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Rise of Nations had a mode where you could play multiple nations at the same time, so like a hot seat PvP map (but since its real time...) and you could also set unlimited resources.... I had a few battles I set up that lasted for time immortal... Whistle

Those were map settings not cheats..

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Rise of Nations had a mode where you could play multiple nations at the same time, so like a hot seat PvP map (but since its real time...) and you could also set unlimited resources.... I had a few battles I set up that lasted for time immortal... Whistle

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 20th, 2018, 05:24 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

That sounds so cool!

It also sounds like something Civilization would pull on you Tongue
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

That sounds so cool!

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 06:20 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

That sounds so cool!

Makes more sense in Civ to have PvP hotseat play since it is turn base, I have no idea why the Devs of RoN allowed it for a RTS but it was great to mess around with.

Man I wish they would make a remaster or an updated verson of Xwing/TIE/XWing vs TIE, then again I see the cancer that is EA:SW:BF and EA:SW:BFII and yeah

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 06:20 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

That sounds so cool!

Makes more sense in Civ to have PvP hotseat play since it is turn base, I have no idea why the Devs of RoN allowed it for a RTS but it was great to mess around with.

Man I wish they would make a remaster or an updated verson of Xwing/TIE/XWing vs TIE, then again I see the cancer that is EA:SW:BF and EA:SW:BFII and yeah
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
It actually does sound like something that would be a ton of fun to mess with.

As for the other thing, I'd certainly like that.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 05:52 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Man there are times when I want to reply it, but the games don't like my controller that much and they were around for when people though "Why would there be more then 3 or 4 buttons on a joystick?! THat is high end!" Sad

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 20th, 2018, 05:52 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Man there are times when I want to reply it, but the games don't like my controller that much and they were around for when people though "Why would there be more then 3 or 4 buttons on a joystick?! THat is high end!" Sad
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Never had that problem, actually... every single joystick I have ever had had like seventeen buttons or so.

If you ever saw a Magnum 6, that's what I had. Cooool thing indeed.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Never had that problem, actually... every single joystick I have ever had had like seventeen buttons or so.

If you ever saw a Magnum 6, that's what I had. Cooool thing indeed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 42 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,607 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,449 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,376 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,322 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM