Otherworldly Being | Mr EliteL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 02:42 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@Moonface: Nope, not tried Astro's Playroom. Have no idea what it's about other than a little robot and outer space I assume, and never had any interest in looking into it.
It's a platformer celebrating the history of PlayStation and an incredibly good showcase of the PS5's features. It's included on your PS5 as standard and I highly recommend it. ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 02:42 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@Moonface: Nope, not tried Astro's Playroom. Have no idea what it's about other than a little robot and outer space I assume, and never had any interest in looking into it.
It's a platformer celebrating the history of PlayStation and an incredibly good showcase of the PS5's features. It's included on your PS5 as standard and I highly recommend it. ^_^
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm gonna guess you still didn't try Astro's Playroom yet? Tongue

Also I'm curious about this one but not sure you'd know; does our primary school still do that bouncy castle day? I figured since you live so close you might have some awareness of if that still happens. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm gonna guess you still didn't try Astro's Playroom yet? Tongue

Also I'm curious about this one but not sure you'd know; does our primary school still do that bouncy castle day? I figured since you live so close you might have some awareness of if that still happens. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If you were to take us (Moony and I) anywhere locally/in relative distance in England that we've not been to yet, where would that place be? Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If you were to take us (Moony and I) anywhere locally/in relative distance in England that we've not been to yet, where would that place be? Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface

@ShiraNoMai : Literally nowhere because the UK is a bland piece of-- I mean, if the Escape Room place in town is still going, I've not checked for ages nor have I done that one before, then again I haven't done any.
Perhaps the place where I do a walk with my friend, but we'd do the short version unless somehow we could all manage the long one. Ha...ha. I need more participants...! Although that could be a bit too far away. Not too bothered if it ever happens or not.

Also to the Chinese I consider the best that I've been to.

Erm...anywhere else, nothing comes to mind. Bah. Suppose I need to get out more, other places I've been to aren't interesting enough to consider going there. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface

@ShiraNoMai : Literally nowhere because the UK is a bland piece of-- I mean, if the Escape Room place in town is still going, I've not checked for ages nor have I done that one before, then again I haven't done any.
Perhaps the place where I do a walk with my friend, but we'd do the short version unless somehow we could all manage the long one. Ha...ha. I need more participants...! Although that could be a bit too far away. Not too bothered if it ever happens or not.

Also to the Chinese I consider the best that I've been to.

Erm...anywhere else, nothing comes to mind. Bah. Suppose I need to get out more, other places I've been to aren't interesting enough to consider going there. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 23rd, 2023, 01:28 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
10/10 best answer ever given to a question. I will be closing all threads in this area as no answer can ever top something as profound and intellectual as this. Cool
Seriously though how did you manage to do this? ROFL

On the subject of places to go, I know you probably went to Chessington through your class winning sponsor day at Willie D*, but have you ever gone to any of the other big theme parks in the UK such as Alton Towers or Thorpe Park? If not would you ever care to or not really?

*Anyone wondering this, it's the short-hand name of the secondary school EL and I went to.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
10/10 best answer ever given to a question. I will be closing all threads in this area as no answer can ever top something as profound and intellectual as this. Cool

On the subject of places to go, I know you probably went to Chessington through your class winning sponsor day at Willie D*, but have you ever gone to any of the other big theme parks in the UK such as Alton Towers or Thorpe Park? If not would you ever care to or not really?

*Anyone wondering this, it's the short-hand name of the secondary school EL and I went to.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jan 24th, 2023, 06:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:

XD Ah, yes I see what happened here. I made the post on my phone during work, answered your questions in my head but decided to answer Shira's first but realised my break was up so ended it there, thus forgetting I needed to go back and answer yours. So yup, just @'d you with nothing there. So I shall answer the earlier post properly now.

(Jan 22nd, 2023, 11:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm gonna guess you still didn't try Astro's Playroom yet? Tongue

You guess correctly. Forgot that existed again...probably will do again. I blank everything but Genshin and Prime Video on my PS5...PS Store if it gets lucky too at the moment. XD I should try Astro's Playroom at some point...

Also if that particular fun day happens still, forgot what they call it, I haven't paid attention or at least haven't noticed it the last few years. Possibly because I coincidentally have my headphones in use on that day. I know I did hear it a good number of years after we finished there, can't recall the last year I did. Perhaps I'll notice it this summer. 
I know one thing that happens at one of our old schools now, at WDF they seem to finish way before 3:30PM now like we used to, 3PM quite possibly as I tend to see them enter our store around then if I'm still working like on a Monday, or walk past my home sometime after 3:10PM.

Legoland definitely been to, maybe Alton Towers...or I'm mistaking that as the Chessington trip. I usually end up with next to no recollection of theme parks because they don't leave a lasting impression on me or my only memory is looking at a ride and either not wanting to go on it or being very reluctant to, which may end up being 90% of them. XD I look at images of rides and don't recognise any of them. Did go to Blackgang Chine in Isle of Wight, likely each time I've been to the little island....nah, and that isn't because of my dislike of rides but it looked...old. OK, shite, would not take kids there. 
If it's with the right people I'd go but yeah, I'm not a thrill-seeker so may just be there to watch others enjoy themselves. The only theme park I'd be very willing to go to is unfortunately not in the UK. It's obvious which one that is, being to do with the big N of course, or M whichever comes to mind first.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

XD Ah, yes I see what happened here. I made the post on my phone during work, answered your questions in my head but decided to answer Shira's first but realised my break was up so ended it there, thus forgetting I needed to go back and answer yours. So yup, just @'d you with nothing there. So I shall answer the earlier post properly now.

You guess correctly. Forgot that existed again...probably will do again. I blank everything but Genshin and Prime Video on my PS5...PS Store if it gets lucky too at the moment. XD I should try Astro's Playroom at some point...

Also if that particular fun day happens still, forgot what they call it, I haven't paid attention or at least haven't noticed it the last few years. Possibly because I coincidentally have my headphones in use on that day. I know I did hear it a good number of years after we finished there, can't recall the last year I did. Perhaps I'll notice it this summer. 
I know one thing that happens at one of our old schools now, at WDF they seem to finish way before 3:30PM now like we used to, 3PM quite possibly as I tend to see them enter our store around then if I'm still working like on a Monday, or walk past my home sometime after 3:10PM.

Legoland definitely been to, maybe Alton Towers...or I'm mistaking that as the Chessington trip. I usually end up with next to no recollection of theme parks because they don't leave a lasting impression on me or my only memory is looking at a ride and either not wanting to go on it or being very reluctant to, which may end up being 90% of them. XD I look at images of rides and don't recognise any of them. Did go to Blackgang Chine in Isle of Wight, likely each time I've been to the little island....nah, and that isn't because of my dislike of rides but it looked...old. OK, shite, would not take kids there. 
If it's with the right people I'd go but yeah, I'm not a thrill-seeker so may just be there to watch others enjoy themselves. The only theme park I'd be very willing to go to is unfortunately not in the UK. It's obvious which one that is, being to do with the big N of course, or M whichever comes to mind first.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 25th, 2023, 12:01 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

You should, especially since it isn't long to beat even if you decide to 100% it. Going by my trophy list, I earned the first at 12:58pm and the last at 5:14pm the same day, so it takes only four hours and that was going for the Platinum; if you just wanted to go through the levels and not go for every collectible and trophy it takes about 2-3 hours. I can't rely on my trophy list to tell me for that because I don't know if I spent time going for 100% in an area before moving to the next which would obviously increase the time between the area trophies. Regardless you can see it won't take much time at all to give it a whirl. Wink

(Jan 1st, 1970, 05:39 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If you get aware that they still hold that day you should see if you can spot any of the classics we had in our time are still in use or not. Although the only one I'd care to still see is the tube maze because that was GOAT.
As for WDF's finishing times, I know my mum told me they adjusted how the schedule works over there now; I think they switch up the end time multiple days of the week to stop kids from clock watching for the the end of the day or something. I do know lunch times got staggered to try and keep line times down on canteen food.

If you went to Alton I doubt you would have gone on a single ride since out of the three (Chessington, Thorpe and Alton are all under the same parent company) that one is geared to mostly thrill seekers and adult riders; I can't recall which way around it is for Chessington and Thorpe but one is tailored to all ages and the other to younger ages.
Never heard of Blackgang Chine before and that's also the first time I've heard of any specific thing to see/do at the Isle of Wight. Normally I just hear people say the location but never anything to do there. Looking at that park I agree with you it doesn't look all that; it comes off as a lower budget version of Adventure Island in Southend. XD

Not surprised you'd want to go to Super Nintendo World, and I doubt they'll ever have any high-thrill rides there that aren't suited to all ages until maybe way down the line when the park is big enough to start putting in restrictive rides. Whenever the Orlando one opens I'd say tack a few extra years on though because if it initially offers what the existing ones did for their openings that would mean there's only three attractions, and I don't think I'd even be willing to drive to Orlando for three rides let alone fly internationally for that. The park tickets would have to be stupidly cheap compared to the other choices for me to consider going, even if I did lose my shit over a Yoshi headband. ROFL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 25th, 2023, 12:01 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

You should, especially since it isn't long to beat even if you decide to 100% it. Going by my trophy list, I earned the first at 12:58pm and the last at 5:14pm the same day, so it takes only four hours and that was going for the Platinum; if you just wanted to go through the levels and not go for every collectible and trophy it takes about 2-3 hours. I can't rely on my trophy list to tell me for that because I don't know if I spent time going for 100% in an area before moving to the next which would obviously increase the time between the area trophies. Regardless you can see it won't take much time at all to give it a whirl. Wink

If you get aware that they still hold that day you should see if you can spot any of the classics we had in our time are still in use or not. Although the only one I'd care to still see is the tube maze because that was GOAT.
As for WDF's finishing times, I know my mum told me they adjusted how the schedule works over there now; I think they switch up the end time multiple days of the week to stop kids from clock watching for the the end of the day or something. I do know lunch times got staggered to try and keep line times down on canteen food.

If you went to Alton I doubt you would have gone on a single ride since out of the three (Chessington, Thorpe and Alton are all under the same parent company) that one is geared to mostly thrill seekers and adult riders; I can't recall which way around it is for Chessington and Thorpe but one is tailored to all ages and the other to younger ages.
Never heard of Blackgang Chine before and that's also the first time I've heard of any specific thing to see/do at the Isle of Wight. Normally I just hear people say the location but never anything to do there. Looking at that park I agree with you it doesn't look all that; it comes off as a lower budget version of Adventure Island in Southend. XD

Not surprised you'd want to go to Super Nintendo World, and I doubt they'll ever have any high-thrill rides there that aren't suited to all ages until maybe way down the line when the park is big enough to start putting in restrictive rides. Whenever the Orlando one opens I'd say tack a few extra years on though because if it initially offers what the existing ones did for their openings that would mean there's only three attractions, and I don't think I'd even be willing to drive to Orlando for three rides let alone fly internationally for that. The park tickets would have to be stupidly cheap compared to the other choices for me to consider going, even if I did lose my shit over a Yoshi headband. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
You should, especially since it isn't long to beat even if you decide to 100% it. Going by my trophy list, I earned the first at 12:58pm and the last at 5:14pm the same day, so it takes only four hours...
I simply just haven't interested but as it's short I'll give it a go. I know it's meant to be a sort of platform game. I probably won't go for the Platinum but if I end up liking it enough perhaps I will.

If you get aware that they still hold that day you should see if you can spot any of the classics we had in our time are still in use or not. Although the only one I'd care to still see is the tube maze because that was GOAT...

Hm, well I do want to avoid looking like a creep peering through the fencing/trees my side, so I'll see if there's another area I can somehow have a quick walk-by glance instead onto the field, think the path opposite my side is less blocked by trees. I also want to know if the maze is still there. XD ...or climb onto the roof of my house, wonder if that's high enough to look over the trees...*shot*

Darn, it might open with a small amount of attractions? Yeah that does deserve a bit of a wait. Would be fine for those living closer for a short travel.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
You should, especially since it isn't long to beat even if you decide to 100% it. Going by my trophy list, I earned the first at 12:58pm and the last at 5:14pm the same day, so it takes only four hours...
I simply just haven't interested but as it's short I'll give it a go. I know it's meant to be a sort of platform game. I probably won't go for the Platinum but if I end up liking it enough perhaps I will.

If you get aware that they still hold that day you should see if you can spot any of the classics we had in our time are still in use or not. Although the only one I'd care to still see is the tube maze because that was GOAT...

Hm, well I do want to avoid looking like a creep peering through the fencing/trees my side, so I'll see if there's another area I can somehow have a quick walk-by glance instead onto the field, think the path opposite my side is less blocked by trees. I also want to know if the maze is still there. XD ...or climb onto the roof of my house, wonder if that's high enough to look over the trees...*shot*

Darn, it might open with a small amount of attractions? Yeah that does deserve a bit of a wait. Would be fine for those living closer for a short travel.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm curious if you've ever been tempted to check out the Monster Hunter series or not? It came to mind yesterday or something when I saw @Maniakkid25 playing one of them on Steam and given it's an RPG type game with dragons and other fantasy monsters I thought it might have grabbed your attention at some point. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm curious if you've ever been tempted to check out the Monster Hunter series or not? It came to mind yesterday or something when I saw @Maniakkid25 playing one of them on Steam and given it's an RPG type game with dragons and other fantasy monsters I thought it might have grabbed your attention at some point. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Played the demo for the Switch Rise game that came out recently, was OK but didn't hook me really into wanting to play more. Don't have any interest in the other games either.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Played the demo for the Switch Rise game that came out recently, was OK but didn't hook me really into wanting to play more. Don't have any interest in the other games either.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fair enough. I think I tried that same demo and it didn't really grab me either. I can't remember exactly what issues I had with it anymore.

If our secondary school ever did a reunion gathering for everyone in our year, would you go? Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fair enough. I think I tried that same demo and it didn't really grab me either. I can't remember exactly what issues I had with it anymore.

If our secondary school ever did a reunion gathering for everyone in our year, would you go? Tongue
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 8th, 2023, 10:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:
It's amusing seeing this was the last question I asked you when I came in here to ask if you had heard about our old secondary school is doing a 40th Anniversary event on June 30th that I just saw while looking the place up for something. Tongue
Doubt I'd go myself if I was present because apart from the building itself I doubt we'd see any teachers that we know. It'd only be appealing to me if I was taking @ShiraNoMai with me just so she could see where we went. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 8th, 2023, 10:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:
It's amusing seeing this was the last question I asked you when I came in here to ask if you had heard about our old secondary school is doing a 40th Anniversary event on June 30th that I just saw while looking the place up for something. Tongue
Doubt I'd go myself if I was present because apart from the building itself I doubt we'd see any teachers that we know. It'd only be appealing to me if I was taking @ShiraNoMai with me just so she could see where we went. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
What, really, an event on the 30th of June? Not aware of that, perhaps would've heard something in work or...eh. I don't know if I'd go, leaning towards no unless you were here or someone else was willing to go. Holy crap, if Parry would show up if he's still going. XD On second thought, which really should've been my first, is that I wouldn't want to go to to avoid the conversations of "What job do you have?" or, "Where do you live now", "Met anyone/married etc?" with anyone that may know me. Frick that.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
What, really, an event on the 30th of June? Not aware of that, perhaps would've heard something in work or...eh. I don't know if I'd go, leaning towards no unless you were here or someone else was willing to go. Holy crap, if Parry would show up if he's still going. XD On second thought, which really should've been my first, is that I wouldn't want to go to to avoid the conversations of "What job do you have?" or, "Where do you live now", "Met anyone/married etc?" with anyone that may know me. Frick that.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I get the feeling Parry would go because he was the sole headmaster the school ever had until we left since it opened, so that means at least 25/40 years worth of students know him.
I don't think he's passed away either since I can't find anything like an obituary for him on Google and it would definitely be notable enough news to get around the town and be reported by some local news outlets given his status. He was born in 1943 so he's only 80 right now.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I get the feeling Parry would go because he was the sole headmaster the school ever had until we left since it opened, so that means at least 25/40 years worth of students know him.
I don't think he's passed away either since I can't find anything like an obituary for him on Google and it would definitely be notable enough news to get around the town and be reported by some local news outlets given his status. He was born in 1943 so he's only 80 right now.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not entirely sure what it's going to carry, but I saw earlier today that Bandai Namco are opening a store in London next month which will be the first store they've opened outside of Japan: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/bandai-nam...-this-july

Figured I'd make you aware of it since you're obviously close enough to travel there if it's of interest to you. Wink
Here's a break down of the overall thing that the article doesn't really go into:

Address:
Bandai Namco Cross Store Camden, London
Provender Building (Units 16-18 (GF), Unit 101 (1F)),
Stables Market, Camden Market,
Camden Lock Place,
London NW1 8AF

Shops contained within:
1) BANPRESTO OFFICIAL SHOP
2) GASHAPON BANDAI OFFICIAL SHOP
3) Ichibankuji Official Shop
4) MegaHouse Official Store
5) ONE PIECE CARD GAME Official Shop
6) Sun-Star Stationery Shop

Also, an Event Area, and Amusement Area.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not entirely sure what it's going to carry, but I saw earlier today that Bandai Namco are opening a store in London next month which will be the first store they've opened outside of Japan: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/bandai-nam...-this-july

Figured I'd make you aware of it since you're obviously close enough to travel there if it's of interest to you. Wink
Here's a break down of the overall thing that the article doesn't really go into:

Address:
Bandai Namco Cross Store Camden, London
Provender Building (Units 16-18 (GF), Unit 101 (1F)),
Stables Market, Camden Market,
Camden Lock Place,
London NW1 8AF

Shops contained within:
1) BANPRESTO OFFICIAL SHOP
2) GASHAPON BANDAI OFFICIAL SHOP
3) Ichibankuji Official Shop
4) MegaHouse Official Store
5) ONE PIECE CARD GAME Official Shop
6) Sun-Star Stationery Shop

Also, an Event Area, and Amusement Area.