Stories That Could Be Told Better?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
A little bit ago I finished watching the last season of Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars!) and when it was over, a big takeaway I had from it was that the plot for the last season was handled rather poorly. There were aspects to it that didn't seem necessary, complicated things, or caused later plot points or character actions to feel odd. To emphasize here, the overall idea of the season was fine, I just didn't think it was executed as cleanly as it could have been and so I would've adjusted a few minor parts that I think would fix the issues I had without drastically changing what the core story was in the first place.

Have you ever consumed a story in something and come away thinking that although the idea of the story itself was fine, that the execution of it didn't allow it to be told as well as it could have been?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
A little bit ago I finished watching the last season of Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars!) and when it was over, a big takeaway I had from it was that the plot for the last season was handled rather poorly. There were aspects to it that didn't seem necessary, complicated things, or caused later plot points or character actions to feel odd. To emphasize here, the overall idea of the season was fine, I just didn't think it was executed as cleanly as it could have been and so I would've adjusted a few minor parts that I think would fix the issues I had without drastically changing what the core story was in the first place.

Have you ever consumed a story in something and come away thinking that although the idea of the story itself was fine, that the execution of it didn't allow it to be told as well as it could have been?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,194
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I've had a lot of shows with no ending. The plot was ok, but just no ending. For me I think the way that Disney handled Star Wars movies could have been told better than they were. But that's me. I enjoyed the Legend books better personally. With some shows that can't seem to get the plot together, sometimes you can find fan fictions that do it better. 🤷‍♀️
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,194 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I've had a lot of shows with no ending. The plot was ok, but just no ending. For me I think the way that Disney handled Star Wars movies could have been told better than they were. But that's me. I enjoyed the Legend books better personally. With some shows that can't seem to get the plot together, sometimes you can find fan fictions that do it better. 🤷‍♀️
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 5th, 2024, 09:39 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
The Disney Star Wars movies just reek of being written as each one was being made rather than the whole trilogy actually getting planned out from start to finish before any filming started. Compare it to the prequels and even though the movies aren't anything amazing you can at least see they had the story thought out from front to back in that trilogy.

On the thought of poor planning, I really hate when stories write themselves into corners where I don't think anything can be done to salvage the story that gets told from that corner. Dead Space 3 already feels like it struggles with what to do after the events of Dead Space 2, but it then proceeds to go in a direction that would have made a Dead Space 4 utterly impossible. Horizon Forbidden West has also done this where I just don't see how they can tell a good story in the next game with how they've set things up.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 5th, 2024, 09:39 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
The Disney Star Wars movies just reek of being written as each one was being made rather than the whole trilogy actually getting planned out from start to finish before any filming started. Compare it to the prequels and even though the movies aren't anything amazing you can at least see they had the story thought out from front to back in that trilogy.

On the thought of poor planning, I really hate when stories write themselves into corners where I don't think anything can be done to salvage the story that gets told from that corner. Dead Space 3 already feels like it struggles with what to do after the events of Dead Space 2, but it then proceeds to go in a direction that would have made a Dead Space 4 utterly impossible. Horizon Forbidden West has also done this where I just don't see how they can tell a good story in the next game with how they've set things up.