[BREAKING] News Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 22nd, 2024, 08:54 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
So, short version if you don't wanna read the article: Germany is accusing Ukraine of heading the bombing of the pipeline.
I'm assuming you have a subscription to WSJ because I can't view the article without one. I was planning to read it just to see what the evidence actually was, but I'll assume for now that it's probably just some document got found or something rather than somebody went checking the explosion site with a magnifying glass and found something Polish sitting in the remains. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 22nd, 2024, 08:54 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
So, short version if you don't wanna read the article: Germany is accusing Ukraine of heading the bombing of the pipeline.
I'm assuming you have a subscription to WSJ because I can't view the article without one. I was planning to read it just to see what the evidence actually was, but I'll assume for now that it's probably just some document got found or something rather than somebody went checking the explosion site with a magnifying glass and found something Polish sitting in the remains. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, I don't, but WSJ wasn't booting me out for not having a subscription, so I thought the article was viewable to anyone. My bad. This video should give you the cliff notes on their evidence. Germany actually put out an arrest warrant for a suspected plotter, but Ukraine doesn't extradite their own citizens, so when he crossed the border to Ukraine (from Poland), he was basically untouchable at that point.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, I don't, but WSJ wasn't booting me out for not having a subscription, so I thought the article was viewable to anyone. My bad. This video should give you the cliff notes on their evidence. Germany actually put out an arrest warrant for a suspected plotter, but Ukraine doesn't extradite their own citizens, so when he crossed the border to Ukraine (from Poland), he was basically untouchable at that point.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Weird, I wonder why it lets you in because I know this isn't the first time I've run into that with that site. Kinda dumb that they don't let me read anything and it's not like that story is probably something any other news site doesn't have the same details about. Errm

If the plotter isn't a citizen of Ukraine doesn't that mean they don't have any protection from the extradition rule? If they are a citizen because Ukraine gave it to them then I dunno if I'd want to really blame Poland for it as a whole because someone basically defected. It might have been in the video but I had to stop watching because my class is starting but I didn't want to forget my train of thought and stop this post. Sweat

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Weird, I wonder why it lets you in because I know this isn't the first time I've run into that with that site. Kinda dumb that they don't let me read anything and it's not like that story is probably something any other news site doesn't have the same details about. Errm

If the plotter isn't a citizen of Ukraine doesn't that mean they don't have any protection from the extradition rule? If they are a citizen because Ukraine gave it to them then I dunno if I'd want to really blame Poland for it as a whole because someone basically defected. It might have been in the video but I had to stop watching because my class is starting but I didn't want to forget my train of thought and stop this post. Sweat
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, they already were a citizen, but they were in Poland at the time the warrant went out. They made it over the border without Poland doing anything, and now Germany is kinda stuck.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, they already were a citizen, but they were in Poland at the time the warrant went out. They made it over the border without Poland doing anything, and now Germany is kinda stuck.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Apparently this is the reason why they weren't caught:

Wikipedia Wrote:
Polish authorities received the warrant at the end of June, but were unable to find the suspect. His name was not entered into the border guards' database, so he was able to leave Poland for Ukraine in July.
So if they're not Polish then I'm not getting why Poland are being partly blamed for the explosion. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Apparently this is the reason why they weren't caught:

Wikipedia Wrote:
Polish authorities received the warrant at the end of June, but were unable to find the suspect. His name was not entered into the border guards' database, so he was able to leave Poland for Ukraine in July.
So if they're not Polish then I'm not getting why Poland are being partly blamed for the explosion. Unsure
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
They aren't being blamed for the explosion, just for aiding and abetting a Ukrainian team by way of covering up the evidence. For another example, the CCTV footage of the boat was claimed to be destoryed by Polish authorities when Germany asked for it.

Think about it like this: if you are the getaway driver, you may not have done anything as a result of whatever the other criminals did, but you are just as liable for crimes as the rest of them. It's not a perfect analogy, but you get my point. Hopefully.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
They aren't being blamed for the explosion, just for aiding and abetting a Ukrainian team by way of covering up the evidence. For another example, the CCTV footage of the boat was claimed to be destoryed by Polish authorities when Germany asked for it.

Think about it like this: if you are the getaway driver, you may not have done anything as a result of whatever the other criminals did, but you are just as liable for crimes as the rest of them. It's not a perfect analogy, but you get my point. Hopefully.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. I missed the part about the footage not being handed over when I was reading the summary of events on Wikipedia which is why I kept thinking Poland itself hadn't done anything and it was just the singular dude staying in their country at the time.

It was interesting to also see a part where it was questioned if the plan to blow up the pipe was put together before the current Russia/Ukraine war. Makes me wonder if the pipe would've still been blown up if that war never started and ended up with Russia knocking on Ukraine's door anyway but in that timeline it would be in response to that event.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. I missed the part about the footage not being handed over when I was reading the summary of events on Wikipedia which is why I kept thinking Poland itself hadn't done anything and it was just the singular dude staying in their country at the time.

It was interesting to also see a part where it was questioned if the plan to blow up the pipe was put together before the current Russia/Ukraine war. Makes me wonder if the pipe would've still been blown up if that war never started and ended up with Russia knocking on Ukraine's door anyway but in that timeline it would be in response to that event.
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
As an aside: if you ever want to share an article from a website that paywalls their content, put the link into web.archive.org; it'll always pull up a cached version that does not have a paywall. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
As an aside: if you ever want to share an article from a website that paywalls their content, put the link into web.archive.org; it'll always pull up a cached version that does not have a paywall. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 25th, 2024, 01:18 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I'm surprised that works, only because I know that when I've visited forums on web archive that any areas guests can't view remain that way so I'd expect anything you can't do without an account on a website would be how web archive also sees it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 25th, 2024, 01:18 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I'm surprised that works, only because I know that when I've visited forums on web archive that any areas guests can't view remain that way so I'd expect anything you can't do without an account on a website would be how web archive also sees it.
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well that's a different kind of system; the paywall for "members" is just an overlay (it's why you can delete it most times in inspect, which is something you can't do with traditional forum areas); the search engines NEED a cached version to show up in results. if they want people to share their articles (which they do). It's a functionally different thing that's probably hard to explain and parse lol
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Well that's a different kind of system; the paywall for "members" is just an overlay (it's why you can delete it most times in inspect, which is something you can't do with traditional forum areas); the search engines NEED a cached version to show up in results. if they want people to share their articles (which they do). It's a functionally different thing that's probably hard to explain and parse lol
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I. Hate. Everything.

So, this isn't breaking news, but because of the Presidential debate tonight, I need to post about this so I can go to sleep. I didn't witness it personally, but apparently during the debate Trump referenced a story about an immigrant woman in Springfield, OH eating a cat?

[Image: 113207074.jpg?quality=100]

This is Allexis T. Ferrell. She is accused of eating a cat in CANTON, OH. She is a US Citizen, not an immigrant, and has no known connection to any other country, Haiti or otherwise.

That's your debunk for tonight. I'm going to sleep. X.=.X
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I. Hate. Everything.

So, this isn't breaking news, but because of the Presidential debate tonight, I need to post about this so I can go to sleep. I didn't witness it personally, but apparently during the debate Trump referenced a story about an immigrant woman in Springfield, OH eating a cat?

[Image: 113207074.jpg?quality=100]

This is Allexis T. Ferrell. She is accused of eating a cat in CANTON, OH. She is a US Citizen, not an immigrant, and has no known connection to any other country, Haiti or otherwise.

That's your debunk for tonight. I'm going to sleep. X.=.X
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Multiple cases of US citizens shooting up schools and other venues = thoughts and prayers

A single US citizen accused of eating a cat = real shit

Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Multiple cases of US citizens shooting up schools and other venues = thoughts and prayers

A single US citizen accused of eating a cat = real shit

Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 4,013 1,868,453 Yesterday, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Karo
  The Movie Thread | Minecraft Movie Trailer Moonface 97 28,725 Sep 10th, 2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 8 823 May 23rd, 2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 49,656 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 5,082 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL