Notable/Celebrity Deaths | James Earl Jones (93)
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
93 is a long ass life, bless his soul. I saw this quote from an interview he had around 10 years ago, and thought it was quite poignant yet evergreen: "The secret is never forgetting that you’re a journeyman actor and that nothing is your final thing, nothing is your greatest thing, nothing is your worst thing."

Godspeed on his journey across the rainbow bridge, and may his voice continue to live on across all media. o7
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
93 is a long ass life, bless his soul. I saw this quote from an interview he had around 10 years ago, and thought it was quite poignant yet evergreen: "The secret is never forgetting that you’re a journeyman actor and that nothing is your final thing, nothing is your greatest thing, nothing is your worst thing."

Godspeed on his journey across the rainbow bridge, and may his voice continue to live on across all media. o7
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,833
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That is a good quote, I just try and think of it as don't focus on your worst self, best self or what you may end at, focus on the journey of life. Or...something like that.

Yes, RIP to a great person, enjoyed him as Vader and Mufasa.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,833 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That is a good quote, I just try and think of it as don't focus on your worst self, best self or what you may end at, focus on the journey of life. Or...something like that.

Yes, RIP to a great person, enjoyed him as Vader and Mufasa.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I briefly thought he had already passed when I saw the news because of something I read a while back about how Jones had given the okay about Disney using AI to replicate his voice for Darth Vader, so the news of his actual passing did confuse me momentarily. Sweat

For me his role as Mufasa is my favorite of his. While Vader is iconic, I just prefer that Mufasa has no slight distortion to his voice and how soothing yet strong it sounds. ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I briefly thought he had already passed when I saw the news because of something I read a while back about how Jones had given the okay about Disney using AI to replicate his voice for Darth Vader, so the news of his actual passing did confuse me momentarily. Sweat

For me his role as Mufasa is my favorite of his. While Vader is iconic, I just prefer that Mufasa has no slight distortion to his voice and how soothing yet strong it sounds. ^_^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 72 12,304 Sep 7th, 2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Moonface