Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Even if they didn't want to cut themselves from their existing library, it's not unheard of to cover your own work. Disengage the Simulator by CKY, F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. by The Fall of Troy, and the album Brian Wilson Presents Smile are just a few examples of self-covers. Unless there are legal snags with the songs (the copyright is owned by the publisher, not the writer, for example), it should be as simple as "I wrote the damn song" to get through any hurdles.

I can at least understand the idea of brand recognition, however. That's usually a good reason to keep a name. Still, like I said, that name means a lot, and some people are just NOT going to appreciate keeping a name going without certain people, so it's a lose-lose situation, really.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Even if they didn't want to cut themselves from their existing library, it's not unheard of to cover your own work. Disengage the Simulator by CKY, F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. by The Fall of Troy, and the album Brian Wilson Presents Smile are just a few examples of self-covers. Unless there are legal snags with the songs (the copyright is owned by the publisher, not the writer, for example), it should be as simple as "I wrote the damn song" to get through any hurdles.

I can at least understand the idea of brand recognition, however. That's usually a good reason to keep a name. Still, like I said, that name means a lot, and some people are just NOT going to appreciate keeping a name going without certain people, so it's a lose-lose situation, really.
ShiraNoMai Offline
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’œ / ๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokรฉmon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, definitely an L the band has to take someway, somehow, if they intend to pursue the same style of career. Choices are everything.

In good news, I'm out of my boot from when I sprained my ankle a month ago! It's been real rough being temporarily disabled like I was, but I've finally been cleared to be doing most things now with an ankle brace. Apparently the full heal can take anywhere from 6 months to a year. It still twinges in pain in certain flexions but I can generally walk normally. Going down stairs seems to be the only real challenge. Still, no hard activity for at least another 2 weeks, but I have until then to build myself back up again from it Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokรฉmon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, definitely an L the band has to take someway, somehow, if they intend to pursue the same style of career. Choices are everything.

In good news, I'm out of my boot from when I sprained my ankle a month ago! It's been real rough being temporarily disabled like I was, but I've finally been cleared to be doing most things now with an ankle brace. Apparently the full heal can take anywhere from 6 months to a year. It still twinges in pain in certain flexions but I can generally walk normally. Going down stairs seems to be the only real challenge. Still, no hard activity for at least another 2 weeks, but I have until then to build myself back up again from it Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,833
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The only thing I could think of is for Linkin Park to perhaps just alter one of the words in their band name to slightly differentiate the new lineup from the old with Chester. Probably "Linkin" can stay but "Park" remaining could also work instead, or just change a letter perhaps like "Linkin Parch"....or perhaps not but eh that's what I would've done anyway.

@ShiraNoMai Whoo-hoo to getting better. Did you have to use a crutch as part of the recovery period as well or was it just the boot?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,833 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The only thing I could think of is for Linkin Park to perhaps just alter one of the words in their band name to slightly differentiate the new lineup from the old with Chester. Probably "Linkin" can stay but "Park" remaining could also work instead, or just change a letter perhaps like "Linkin Parch"....or perhaps not but eh that's what I would've done anyway.

@ShiraNoMai Whoo-hoo to getting better. Did you have to use a crutch as part of the recovery period as well or was it just the boot?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Nah no crutch needed; initially I was only wrapped up in medical taping/light casting, but because the pain didn't go away (swelling disappeared, though), she put me in a boot to speed up the heal. The boot itself has like, a rounded heel bit that I think acts like normal walking momentum (like a rocking chair) so it wasn't necessary. It did make stairs very annoying though, and ofc it slows you the hell down.

Either way, I'm free to walk and drive again. I've missed my morning walks dearly, and I'm excited to be able to progress them further, too, cuz somehow my shin splint problem also disappeared. I suppose I just needed to give my shins longer time to heal or something whenever I last triggered the pains. Or the brace is better supporting my ankle to walk better. Whatever it is, the less pain from doing something as simple as walking, the better.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Nah no crutch needed; initially I was only wrapped up in medical taping/light casting, but because the pain didn't go away (swelling disappeared, though), she put me in a boot to speed up the heal. The boot itself has like, a rounded heel bit that I think acts like normal walking momentum (like a rocking chair) so it wasn't necessary. It did make stairs very annoying though, and ofc it slows you the hell down.

Either way, I'm free to walk and drive again. I've missed my morning walks dearly, and I'm excited to be able to progress them further, too, cuz somehow my shin splint problem also disappeared. I suppose I just needed to give my shins longer time to heal or something whenever I last triggered the pains. Or the brace is better supporting my ankle to walk better. Whatever it is, the less pain from doing something as simple as walking, the better.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,401
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Congrats Nikki I'm glad your out of your brace!

And I'm doing okay Moony I'm looking for a job currently so there that.

As for the Linkin Park thing I'm really surprised they went with who they did considering the Chester thing. Unsure
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,401 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Congrats Nikki I'm glad your out of your brace!

And I'm doing okay Moony I'm looking for a job currently so there that.

As for the Linkin Park thing I'm really surprised they went with who they did considering the Chester thing. Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You looking for a job in your career field or just something to pass the time until then? Best of luck either way. I've got a few months in prep for this process so I'm hard at work ๐Ÿ™

Speaking of, hey look ma, I'm a statistic! Wow
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You looking for a job in your career field or just something to pass the time until then? Best of luck either way. I've got a few months in prep for this process so I'm hard at work ๐Ÿ™

Speaking of, hey look ma, I'm a statistic! Wow
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well I am hoping I can get something in graphic design, but we shall see if I can or not. I actually did see a press job, but they did the one printing I don't think I've ever done it was Flexographic press.

I wish you luck in finding a new job and I hope the next one will be less stressful and less overworking? If I recall I think your last job was pretty demanding? Unsure
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well I am hoping I can get something in graphic design, but we shall see if I can or not. I actually did see a press job, but they did the one printing I don't think I've ever done it was Flexographic press.

I wish you luck in finding a new job and I hope the next one will be less stressful and less overworking? If I recall I think your last job was pretty demanding? Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Let me know if you need help! I can check out your portfolio site or your resumรฉ and see if I can provide help, if wanted ofc

And yeah, definitely looking for something to WFH with, though I can manage with a hybrid position. Turns out that having a life is very important to me! Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Let me know if you need help! I can check out your portfolio site or your resumรฉ and see if I can provide help, if wanted ofc

And yeah, definitely looking for something to WFH with, though I can manage with a hybrid position. Turns out that having a life is very important to me! Smile
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Thank you NIkki I'll probably share my portfolio sometimes when I put it together if that okay? Gasp

I wish you luck working from home is a very good position to be in! It allows you so much freedom and honestly probably less stressful environment really! Kinda reminds me how when my dad got home around 4-5 before he retired he'd only have like 3 hours before he had to go to bed for work the next day cause he had an hour commute in the morning it really nice that we are able to WFH now. Kinda surprised more work places that can have their job turned into WFH aren't more gung ho about it really? If a bunch of places no longer really need the office space maybe something could take their place?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Thank you NIkki I'll probably share my portfolio sometimes when I put it together if that okay? Gasp

I wish you luck working from home is a very good position to be in! It allows you so much freedom and honestly probably less stressful environment really! Kinda reminds me how when my dad got home around 4-5 before he retired he'd only have like 3 hours before he had to go to bed for work the next day cause he had an hour commute in the morning it really nice that we are able to WFH now. Kinda surprised more work places that can have their job turned into WFH aren't more gung ho about it really? If a bunch of places no longer really need the office space maybe something could take their place?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 266 59,021 Sep 11th, 2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread | Minecraft Movie Trailer Moonface 97 28,718 Sep 10th, 2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 8 823 May 23rd, 2024, 11:43 PM
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 70,651 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 57,787 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM