Tekken 8 | Heihachi Gameplay Trailer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Heihachi will be available on September 30 for those with early access to DLC characters, with the full release being on October 3.

The new story chapter is called Forgotten Echoes, and will be a free update at an undisclosed date. From the footage in this trailer, so far confirmed character appearances are Eddy, Lidia, Heihachi, Reina, Jack-7 and Yoshimitsu. There is another character but I can't make out who it is (seen at 3:55 in the trailer).

Interesting comment from Heihachi towards Jin that I would have expected to be made towards Kazuya. I don't recall Jin ever dying in Tekken, unless we want to count the one time Heihachi shot him in the head at the end of Tekken 3 but Jin basically just no-sold that shit, rather than dying for a reasonable period of time like Kazuya did to be widely considered as deceased by both the wider in-game cast and the players.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Heihachi will be available on September 30 for those with early access to DLC characters, with the full release being on October 3.

The new story chapter is called Forgotten Echoes, and will be a free update at an undisclosed date. From the footage in this trailer, so far confirmed character appearances are Eddy, Lidia, Heihachi, Reina, Jack-7 and Yoshimitsu. There is another character but I can't make out who it is (seen at 3:55 in the trailer).

Interesting comment from Heihachi towards Jin that I would have expected to be made towards Kazuya. I don't recall Jin ever dying in Tekken, unless we want to count the one time Heihachi shot him in the head at the end of Tekken 3 but Jin basically just no-sold that shit, rather than dying for a reasonable period of time like Kazuya did to be widely considered as deceased by both the wider in-game cast and the players.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Heihachi looking crazy now with stances and the scar that makes him glow, looks like a special power, as if he needed one as he already uses some Electric so it's mixed in with that. The other character I've seen an image of him standing next to Heihachi and is indeed or at least seems to be a new character.

Haven't bothered watching the Tekken Talk, although am just skimming through to see what else is coming in the next patch, 1.08. Battle Pass 3, new customisations options, select your favourite character in the main menu screen, so Kazuya can come back or whoever else the player would like. A costume can also be chosen but only the default ones. In the online Tekken Lounge some stuff can be customised like the cabinet layouts, and Online Practice between players will be finally available. Practice has some new features, remaining Health in numbers can be displayed, Special Style will get new additions, among other things.

Thaiger Uppercut will be the last TWT Master tournament before the Finals, TGU is Oct 4-6, possibly DLC 4th slot will be revealed then or at another event, but I think should be before the TWT Finals as it's in early December, the 4th DLC Character should be out in Q4/Winter so December will be about that time, unless it includes Winter into '25. Ah, we'll see.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Heihachi looking crazy now with stances and the scar that makes him glow, looks like a special power, as if he needed one as he already uses some Electric so it's mixed in with that. The other character I've seen an image of him standing next to Heihachi and is indeed or at least seems to be a new character.

Haven't bothered watching the Tekken Talk, although am just skimming through to see what else is coming in the next patch, 1.08. Battle Pass 3, new customisations options, select your favourite character in the main menu screen, so Kazuya can come back or whoever else the player would like. A costume can also be chosen but only the default ones. In the online Tekken Lounge some stuff can be customised like the cabinet layouts, and Online Practice between players will be finally available. Practice has some new features, remaining Health in numbers can be displayed, Special Style will get new additions, among other things.

Thaiger Uppercut will be the last TWT Master tournament before the Finals, TGU is Oct 4-6, possibly DLC 4th slot will be revealed then or at another event, but I think should be before the TWT Finals as it's in early December, the 4th DLC Character should be out in Q4/Winter so December will be about that time, unless it includes Winter into '25. Ah, we'll see.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I forgot to say in my previous post that it was interesting how Heihachi's scar glows at times now. I hope that there's a lore reason to it that comes up in the bonus chapter rather than it just happening because it looks cool.
Speaking of the bonus chapter, interesting how it happens during the main story which if that came up before I forgot about. I'm going to guess only characters who barely show up in the main story will be present so as to avoid trying to explain why Heihachi's return doesn't get brought up by anybody; Reina keeping it to herself I can understand and I won't be surprised if she's partly behind Heihachi coming back, although how he comes back is curious now because her devil powers can't play a part in it since they don't manifest until the end of the main story in a bonus cutscene.

I forgot that a Tekken Talk usually happens alongside these character reveals but I did see that choosing a character for the main menu was finally going to be added. I don't get why it has to be limited to the main costume only though and can't just use any of the pre-made outfits characters have? Unsure

Also, shout out to Heihachi's profile on the Tekken website that says his nationality is supposed to be Japan but the government doesn't want him to be associated with Japan at all so they just disowned him as a national. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I forgot to say in my previous post that it was interesting how Heihachi's scar glows at times now. I hope that there's a lore reason to it that comes up in the bonus chapter rather than it just happening because it looks cool.
Speaking of the bonus chapter, interesting how it happens during the main story which if that came up before I forgot about. I'm going to guess only characters who barely show up in the main story will be present so as to avoid trying to explain why Heihachi's return doesn't get brought up by anybody; Reina keeping it to herself I can understand and I won't be surprised if she's partly behind Heihachi coming back, although how he comes back is curious now because her devil powers can't play a part in it since they don't manifest until the end of the main story in a bonus cutscene.

I forgot that a Tekken Talk usually happens alongside these character reveals but I did see that choosing a character for the main menu was finally going to be added. I don't get why it has to be limited to the main costume only though and can't just use any of the pre-made outfits characters have? Unsure

Also, shout out to Heihachi's profile on the Tekken website that says his nationality is supposed to be Japan but the government doesn't want him to be associated with Japan at all so they just disowned him as a national. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I've seen on YouTube people already posting the damn story with Heihachi in already, frick them and their need for views. I've avoided it so far as I want to play it in-game, I still need to do Eddy's and Lidia's.

Oh I may have worded what I said about the main menu incorrectly, they do allow all 4 default costumes to choose from for each character. So if I want a T7 outfit to present I can, or the T8 alternate or the recolour.  Grin
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I've seen on YouTube people already posting the damn story with Heihachi in already, frick them and their need for views. I've avoided it so far as I want to play it in-game, I still need to do Eddy's and Lidia's.

Oh I may have worded what I said about the main menu incorrectly, they do allow all 4 default costumes to choose from for each character. So if I want a T7 outfit to present I can, or the T8 alternate or the recolour.  Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, the new story chapters are available already? I thought it wasn't coming out until the last character was released. With the way you worded it, I take it that the extra story is split up into parts per character rather than being a singular thing like the main story is?

I also assume King is gonna be the first character you put onto the main menu? Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, the new story chapters are available already? I thought it wasn't coming out until the last character was released. With the way you worded it, I take it that the extra story is split up into parts per character rather than being a singular thing like the main story is?

I also assume King is gonna be the first character you put onto the main menu? Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ3 HD-2D - TGS '24 Trailer Moonface 8 520 Sep 26th, 2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Suikoden (Series) | HD Remasters - TGS '24 Trailer Moonface 10 2,299 Sep 26th, 2024, 01:25 PM
  Astro Bot | Free DLC Trailer Moonface 28 1,525 Sep 24th, 2024, 11:44 PM
  The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom | Traversing Hyrule Trailer Moonface 13 468 Sep 22nd, 2024, 09:36 PM
  Tekken (Series) Mr EliteL 52 34,135 Jun 24th, 2024, 09:48 PM