Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,325
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
It would have been nice to maybe seen a 30th Anniversary Edition of the PS5 in stores, but Sony can't stand to release their systems in stores apparently. Not that I wanted one, still would have liked to see one in person is all. smh
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,325 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
It would have been nice to maybe seen a 30th Anniversary Edition of the PS5 in stores, but Sony can't stand to release their systems in stores apparently. Not that I wanted one, still would have liked to see one in person is all. smh
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 29,098
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 1st, 2024, 12:22 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
The only place I could see that being a thing is in Sony stores, but I don't even know if they exist anymore. I haven't seen one anywhere in forever. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 29,098 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 1st, 2024, 12:22 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
The only place I could see that being a thing is in Sony stores, but I don't even know if they exist anymore. I haven't seen one anywhere in forever. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact | Wuthering Waves | Unicorn Overlord
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,909
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Luckily I noticed nothing of the ads appearing on my PS5 yesterday, I only briefly played Genshin and that homescreen was the same, so perhaps it was just before or just after I had my PS5 on. Thank goodness it was reverted but really I'm not surprised at this point, with what higher ups are trying to get away with adding garbage to try and get our attention to spend spend spend!
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact | Wuthering Waves | Unicorn Overlord
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,909 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Luckily I noticed nothing of the ads appearing on my PS5 yesterday, I only briefly played Genshin and that homescreen was the same, so perhaps it was just before or just after I had my PS5 on. Thank goodness it was reverted but really I'm not surprised at this point, with what higher ups are trying to get away with adding garbage to try and get our attention to spend spend spend!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, turns out it was just a bug where the latest news was acting like it had been selected whenever you were highlighting a game; that said I think Sony should review the feature either way and implement a cut-off feature for it. If news is older than 30 days it really doesn't need to be shown, nor should it show news about the game being on sale when the only way you're viewing the game on your home screen in the first place is if you already own it. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, turns out it was just a bug where the latest news was acting like it had been selected whenever you were highlighting a game; that said I think Sony should review the feature either way and implement a cut-off feature for it. If news is older than 30 days it really doesn't need to be shown, nor should it show news about the game being on sale when the only way you're viewing the game on your home screen in the first place is if you already own it. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Sometimes stores like Best Buy sometimes can get special consoles in their stores. Not always, but it does happen once in a while. Eh, anyway I'm not getting a PS5 Pro for some precieved update in graphics that some games don't even need impo. 🤷‍♀️
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Sometimes stores like Best Buy sometimes can get special consoles in their stores. Not always, but it does happen once in a while. Eh, anyway I'm not getting a PS5 Pro for some precieved update in graphics that some games don't even need impo. 🤷‍♀️
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Best Buy stores by me all either shut down or turned into those ones that are just focused on curbside pickup and don't really have anything inside. Target sometimes has consoles on show and I could see them maybe having a Pro on display closer to the holidays to try and push sales of it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Best Buy stores by me all either shut down or turned into those ones that are just focused on curbside pickup and don't really have anything inside. Target sometimes has consoles on show and I could see them maybe having a Pro on display closer to the holidays to try and push sales of it.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
The Best Buy near me has games on sale still. Same with phones, laptops and the likes. My husband hates Target so even if it came there, I'd never know about it. Sweat
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
The Best Buy near me has games on sale still. Same with phones, laptops and the likes. My husband hates Target so even if it came there, I'd never know about it. Sweat
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah the one nearest to me is Best Buy Outlet now which just sells refurbished and pre-owned stuff. Eh

In other news, for anyone who wants to grab anything from the recently announced Chroma collection the pre-orders opened up yesterday.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah the one nearest to me is Best Buy Outlet now which just sells refurbished and pre-owned stuff. Eh

In other news, for anyone who wants to grab anything from the recently announced Chroma collection the pre-orders opened up yesterday.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Eh, nothing purple. Just blue, green and white. Meh. Maybe blue if I liked blue, but I would have loved to see a purple chroma based controller. Still depending on price, I might get a green one since my husband loves the color green.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Eh, nothing purple. Just blue, green and white. Meh. Maybe blue if I liked blue, but I would have loved to see a purple chroma based controller. Still depending on price, I might get a green one since my husband loves the color green.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If you want a purple DualSense I'd recommend the Galactic Purple controller. It doesn't have a fancy finish like the Chroma controllers will have but I have it and it's a really nice color. I actually think the website picture doesn't do it justice because it is not that saturated in reality.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If you want a purple DualSense I'd recommend the Galactic Purple controller. It doesn't have a fancy finish like the Chroma controllers will have but I have it and it's a really nice color. I actually think the website picture doesn't do it justice because it is not that saturated in reality.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Oct 5th, 2024, 09:46 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Maybe but $75 doll hairs is a bit steep for me. Besides my controller works fine. I do need a new Switch controller since my second Switch I stream from had its controller die on me like yesterday. D: Still, I'll consider if one of my PS5 controllers die out on me anytime soon. Thanks for the link. :3
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her

Maybe but $75 doll hairs is a bit steep for me. Besides my controller works fine. I do need a new Switch controller since my second Switch I stream from had its controller die on me like yesterday. D: Still, I'll consider if one of my PS5 controllers die out on me anytime soon. Thanks for the link. :3
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 13th, 2024, 05:10 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

Yeah, the price of the controllers nowadays makes me only buy one when it has a visual style I like so much I can't resist getting it, and/or it has a limited run such as the 30th Anniversary DualSense or the Astro Bot one. I'm not going to be surprised if controller prices go up notably if/when Sony, Xbox or Nintendo release a new system that has a new controller with more tech/advancements than the current ones have.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 13th, 2024, 05:10 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

Yeah, the price of the controllers nowadays makes me only buy one when it has a visual style I like so much I can't resist getting it, and/or it has a limited run such as the 30th Anniversary DualSense or the Astro Bot one. I'm not going to be surprised if controller prices go up notably if/when Sony, Xbox or Nintendo release a new system that has a new controller with more tech/advancements than the current ones have.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hermen Hulst and Hideaki Nishino Named as PlayStation's New CEOs Moonface 9 2,013 May 14th, 2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 10,612 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 874 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 5,310 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 2,518 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM