I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I am so sorry to hear that PM! It seems like a really rotten luck the last few days! I hope you'll get the unemployment stuff all sorted out so you can get that. Sad

Part of me is at least you got new things, but that might not necessarily be better than the old things. I hope your new electronics will serve you well and your old computer's data can be saved and hopefully turned into something good.

At least the new specs seem promising. Got anything you plan to play on it or try with it?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I am so sorry to hear that PM! It seems like a really rotten luck the last few days! I hope you'll get the unemployment stuff all sorted out so you can get that. Sad

Part of me is at least you got new things, but that might not necessarily be better than the old things. I hope your new electronics will serve you well and your old computer's data can be saved and hopefully turned into something good.

At least the new specs seem promising. Got anything you plan to play on it or try with it?
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Nov 21st, 2018, 01:53 AM)Yuri Wrote:

I might try to get Wolf2 install and try and see if I can get past where I got on my previous laptop (yay game breaking bugs!). But judging by how hot the keyboard got by running it for the first time, I am hesitant to game on it.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Nov 21st, 2018, 01:53 AM)Yuri Wrote:

I might try to get Wolf2 install and try and see if I can get past where I got on my previous laptop (yay game breaking bugs!). But judging by how hot the keyboard got by running it for the first time, I am hesitant to game on it.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
So my Talisman board yesterday celebrated its 15th Anniversary.. It kinda makes me wonder if we still will be there after the next 15 years...

http://forum.magiaimiecz.eu/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8299
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
So my Talisman board yesterday celebrated its 15th Anniversary.. It kinda makes me wonder if we still will be there after the next 15 years...

http://forum.magiaimiecz.eu/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8299
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wow, congrats Nemomon! 15 years, that's amazing! Here I thought 12 years here was crazy LOL

Well folks, our woes come to a small halt with the holidays upon us. Anyone celebrating tonight? Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wow, congrats Nemomon! 15 years, that's amazing! Here I thought 12 years here was crazy LOL

Well folks, our woes come to a small halt with the holidays upon us. Anyone celebrating tonight? Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Holidays have started? OH, right, Thanksgiving. Hope you guys enjoy your day. And tomorrow is, um, that crazy day. Don't get why our version is done a week before though, then again probably better not to have it at the same time.

My laptop's been showing signs of going. Yesterday had a lovely red cross on my battery icon, and seemed load slower than the speed it has done so recently. Avoided using it then. Today not as bad, but when first starting up and logging in, I walk away for lunch then return to something 'missing operating system'. Something tells me not to wait for the New Year sales.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Holidays have started? OH, right, Thanksgiving. Hope you guys enjoy your day. And tomorrow is, um, that crazy day. Don't get why our version is done a week before though, then again probably better not to have it at the same time.

My laptop's been showing signs of going. Yesterday had a lovely red cross on my battery icon, and seemed load slower than the speed it has done so recently. Avoided using it then. Today not as bad, but when first starting up and logging in, I walk away for lunch then return to something 'missing operating system'. Something tells me not to wait for the New Year sales.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Nov 22nd, 2018, 11:30 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

*There* is a chance that just the Master Boot Record needs to be fixed (and maybe a new battery?) but I would just stress make sure you back up everything in either case.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

*There* is a chance that just the Master Boot Record needs to be fixed (and maybe a new battery?) but I would just stress make sure you back up everything in either case.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I'll check that out. I've had to change the battery once before, and did the red 'x' then too, most likely that. New battery wasn't exactly the same one, so I wasn't expecting it to last as long as the first, plus being an old laptop probably ate up the battery quicker too.
Definitely will back up my stuff as well.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I'll check that out. I've had to change the battery once before, and did the red 'x' then too, most likely that. New battery wasn't exactly the same one, so I wasn't expecting it to last as long as the first, plus being an old laptop probably ate up the battery quicker too.
Definitely will back up my stuff as well.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've just joined the world of getting ripped off by mobile carriers.

Best Buy had a sale on the Samsung Galaxy S9+ for Black Friday. $300 off the phone if you signed up with Verizon, Sprint or AT&T. As I've wanted to upgrade to a better phone for a couple of months now, I figured this would be a good time to do it. Although having a "pay as you go" phone like mine is nice in that you're not paying a monthly fee, it's also bad because you're so limited on what phones you can get. I don't have to pay a monthly fee, but I also have to be stuck with a crap phone.

So I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. Got the S9+ through Verizon (best service in my area). Went with the $60 plan (5 GB data + unlimited talk/text/etc.). Plus $25 a month to pay off the phone (which I'll take over having to pay $600 up front).

Even though it's another bill to pay everything, I'm excited to get such a nice phone. And the fact that $300 is knocked off the price also makes me happy. It's still a really expensive phone, but at least I'm only paying off $600 instead of $900.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive next Friday so I can active it and begin my life of being ripped off by Verizon.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've just joined the world of getting ripped off by mobile carriers.

Best Buy had a sale on the Samsung Galaxy S9+ for Black Friday. $300 off the phone if you signed up with Verizon, Sprint or AT&T. As I've wanted to upgrade to a better phone for a couple of months now, I figured this would be a good time to do it. Although having a "pay as you go" phone like mine is nice in that you're not paying a monthly fee, it's also bad because you're so limited on what phones you can get. I don't have to pay a monthly fee, but I also have to be stuck with a crap phone.

So I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. Got the S9+ through Verizon (best service in my area). Went with the $60 plan (5 GB data + unlimited talk/text/etc.). Plus $25 a month to pay off the phone (which I'll take over having to pay $600 up front).

Even though it's another bill to pay everything, I'm excited to get such a nice phone. And the fact that $300 is knocked off the price also makes me happy. It's still a really expensive phone, but at least I'm only paying off $600 instead of $900.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive next Friday so I can active it and begin my life of being ripped off by Verizon.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I was tempted to get that deal, too, but chose not to in the end because I think the LG V40 is the better buy of Androids this year. The S9 would be a lovely upgrade from my S7, but it wouldn't be as impressive as the V40 from the research I've done. Excellent upgrade choice, though! I went from a Windows Phone to the S7 so I know how it feels to get a modern/decent phone after having a crap phone for ages XD

I would definitely invest in a new laptop soon, EL. You've had that for quite a long while now and I think it's about time you upgrade, if you can afford it. The battery will be fine as long as you keep it on the charger constantly. It'll only matter if you take it off the charger otherwise. I would recommend a desktop but I don't believe you currently have the space for one LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I was tempted to get that deal, too, but chose not to in the end because I think the LG V40 is the better buy of Androids this year. The S9 would be a lovely upgrade from my S7, but it wouldn't be as impressive as the V40 from the research I've done. Excellent upgrade choice, though! I went from a Windows Phone to the S7 so I know how it feels to get a modern/decent phone after having a crap phone for ages XD

I would definitely invest in a new laptop soon, EL. You've had that for quite a long while now and I think it's about time you upgrade, if you can afford it. The battery will be fine as long as you keep it on the charger constantly. It'll only matter if you take it off the charger otherwise. I would recommend a desktop but I don't believe you currently have the space for one LOL
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Nov 27th, 2018, 09:49 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I went from either a flip phone or a "feature phone" with none of the features/basic internet enabled (I forget now) to a note 5, I was overwhelmed by all the changes. Tongue

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

I went from either a flip phone or a "feature phone" with none of the features/basic internet enabled (I forget now) to a note 5, I was overwhelmed by all the changes. Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yikes! If you haven't already, make backups and start looking for a new laptop. I wouldn't trust something that randomly tells me the OS has disappeared.

Been feeling a bit eh lately, mostly from burnout I think. There's only so much I can handle with feeling like everything rests on me regardless of whether things are going well or not with what I'm handling. >.<

@PM: I went from a Sony Ericsson W610i to a Galaxy S7. I thought for so long I wouldn't need all the fancy features modern phones come with, but alas, now I feel like I couldn't live without them. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yikes! If you haven't already, make backups and start looking for a new laptop. I wouldn't trust something that randomly tells me the OS has disappeared.

Been feeling a bit eh lately, mostly from burnout I think. There's only so much I can handle with feeling like everything rests on me regardless of whether things are going well or not with what I'm handling. >.<

@PM: I went from a Sony Ericsson W610i to a Galaxy S7. I thought for so long I wouldn't need all the fancy features modern phones come with, but alas, now I feel like I couldn't live without them. ROFL
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Nov 27th, 2018, 10:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Honestly, 128 gigs is over kill for me (and I just installed a 256 SD card in it today). After I got over the "WHOOO SMART PHONE" on my note 5 I found my self using only the following:
Apps for weather reports and radar
BaconReader for Reddit
Bejewel 3/classic
Firefox
Google Voice
FB Messanger
Google Maps/waze
and the preinstalled notepad app that the Note series comes with that uses its stylist, was very useful at my last job for jotting down quick notes when trouble shooting.

The biggest advantage for me in the new phone is a way better battery life/larger battery - Even when the note 5 was new I couldn't go a full day with out recharging, right now I have been going well over 12+ hours until next charge, my battery was disconnected 11 hours ago and I am still over 60% of the battery left.

(The stylist support / built in functions for it is the "killer app" reason why I go with the note instead of a cheaper phone).

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Nov 27th, 2018, 10:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Honestly, 128 gigs is over kill for me (and I just installed a 256 SD card in it today). After I got over the "WHOOO SMART PHONE" on my note 5 I found my self using only the following:
Apps for weather reports and radar
BaconReader for Reddit
Bejewel 3/classic
Firefox
Google Voice
FB Messanger
Google Maps/waze
and the preinstalled notepad app that the Note series comes with that uses its stylist, was very useful at my last job for jotting down quick notes when trouble shooting.

The biggest advantage for me in the new phone is a way better battery life/larger battery - Even when the note 5 was new I couldn't go a full day with out recharging, right now I have been going well over 12+ hours until next charge, my battery was disconnected 11 hours ago and I am still over 60% of the battery left.

(The stylist support / built in functions for it is the "killer app" reason why I go with the note instead of a cheaper phone).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Yeah, the phone is pretty sweet. It actually arrived today instead of Friday (not sure what happened there), and so far I love it. One of the first things I did with it was of course download Star Ocean: Anamnesis and give that try. It is beautiful. Max graphics settings with all effects turned on, and not a single frame drop or ounce of lag (outside of MP, but that's due to connections between players -- but even then the lag is minimal compared to what it was on my previous phone). It's like I'm playing an entirely different game, and it's wonderful.

I also love all the other differences between the S9 and what I had before (J7 Sky or something). It's just a wonderful phone and I'm glad I went for it. Maybe I won't be as thrilled about it when the first Verizon bill comes, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, I'm going to enjoy my new toy.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Yeah, the phone is pretty sweet. It actually arrived today instead of Friday (not sure what happened there), and so far I love it. One of the first things I did with it was of course download Star Ocean: Anamnesis and give that try. It is beautiful. Max graphics settings with all effects turned on, and not a single frame drop or ounce of lag (outside of MP, but that's due to connections between players -- but even then the lag is minimal compared to what it was on my previous phone). It's like I'm playing an entirely different game, and it's wonderful.

I also love all the other differences between the S9 and what I had before (J7 Sky or something). It's just a wonderful phone and I'm glad I went for it. Maybe I won't be as thrilled about it when the first Verizon bill comes, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, I'm going to enjoy my new toy.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Booked two days off work and had 5 days free to do anything. Two days left (tomorrow and Thurs), spent last few with my older friend again. He wasn't as well as he hoped to be, so we didn't anything mad like we planned (a walk in the cold weather), so stayed in and relaxed on day, shopping another and returned today back in time to start helping my sister build her furniture. Didn't get much time, but yeah begun the bed but stopped, as I've decided to start the storage tomorrow instead of continuing with the bed. Need the space. Instructions are easy enough to follow, so actually enjoyed doing that. So far. Also whilst out, got a few more things for my Switch.

@Shira & Moony: Yeah, definitely will be looking at laptops. If I had the space then would've been desktop. I know price isn't all for getting a new computer, but so far been looking at cheaper than what I got this one for. Wasn't completely intentional though, as first thought I'll go with around the £800 of this. I suppose I need to look more if I'm not completely trusting what I've seen. XD More research and backing up tomorrow...whilst building.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Booked two days off work and had 5 days free to do anything. Two days left (tomorrow and Thurs), spent last few with my older friend again. He wasn't as well as he hoped to be, so we didn't anything mad like we planned (a walk in the cold weather), so stayed in and relaxed on day, shopping another and returned today back in time to start helping my sister build her furniture. Didn't get much time, but yeah begun the bed but stopped, as I've decided to start the storage tomorrow instead of continuing with the bed. Need the space. Instructions are easy enough to follow, so actually enjoyed doing that. So far. Also whilst out, got a few more things for my Switch.

@Shira & Moony: Yeah, definitely will be looking at laptops. If I had the space then would've been desktop. I know price isn't all for getting a new computer, but so far been looking at cheaper than what I got this one for. Wasn't completely intentional though, as first thought I'll go with around the £800 of this. I suppose I need to look more if I'm not completely trusting what I've seen. XD More research and backing up tomorrow...whilst building.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
EL be sure to get a good PC! Your gonna need it for your Overwatch career. <u<
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
EL be sure to get a good PC! Your gonna need it for your Overwatch career. <u<

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,518 Yesterday, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,547 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,200 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,064 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,744 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM