Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
A youtuber; ReviewTechUSA thinks that cloud gaming is the future. It's just not possible right now due to how many places get terrible internet, even in 2019 & honestly; I agree with him. Cloud gaming isn't ready for full release; we don't have the internet structure in place for it quite yet.

Idk, I mean if every game goes to the cloud.. I guess I'm going to be going to my back log of games that I keep putting off playing cause then I'll have no reason not to play them by then. *shrugs* Hey, I want my physical games. I'm weird. Besides everything will probably be 'online services' anyway & I don't play very many of those outside of Pokemon & Animal Crossing & even then I play the first person parts of the online sections of them. Tongue
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
A youtuber; ReviewTechUSA thinks that cloud gaming is the future. It's just not possible right now due to how many places get terrible internet, even in 2019 & honestly; I agree with him. Cloud gaming isn't ready for full release; we don't have the internet structure in place for it quite yet.

Idk, I mean if every game goes to the cloud.. I guess I'm going to be going to my back log of games that I keep putting off playing cause then I'll have no reason not to play them by then. *shrugs* Hey, I want my physical games. I'm weird. Besides everything will probably be 'online services' anyway & I don't play very many of those outside of Pokemon & Animal Crossing & even then I play the first person parts of the online sections of them. Tongue
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 15th, 2019, 05:29 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Idk, I mean if every game goes to the cloud.. I guess I'm going to be going to my back log of games that I keep putting off playing cause then I'll have no reason not to play them by then. *shrugs* Hey, I want my physical games. I'm weird.
I wouldn't be bothered of whether games are physical or digital (although I do like physical, however I also love the convenience of digital) because either way I can at least play those games whenever I want to. Stadia would make it that if I lack internet, I don't get to play any games. They could also pull a game and I wouldn't get to play it anymore. Digital can be the same, but at least if I still have my copy of the game I can access it. Stadia is too much all or nothing, and that's something I have against any cloud gaming service, not just Stadia.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 15th, 2019, 05:29 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Idk, I mean if every game goes to the cloud.. I guess I'm going to be going to my back log of games that I keep putting off playing cause then I'll have no reason not to play them by then. *shrugs* Hey, I want my physical games. I'm weird.
I wouldn't be bothered of whether games are physical or digital (although I do like physical, however I also love the convenience of digital) because either way I can at least play those games whenever I want to. Stadia would make it that if I lack internet, I don't get to play any games. They could also pull a game and I wouldn't get to play it anymore. Digital can be the same, but at least if I still have my copy of the game I can access it. Stadia is too much all or nothing, and that's something I have against any cloud gaming service, not just Stadia.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stadia Connect Presentation Announced for June 6th
Google has announced that there will be a Stadia Connect presentation on June 6th at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT, featuring pricing, games, and launch details:

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stadia Connect Presentation Announced for June 6th
Google has announced that there will be a Stadia Connect presentation on June 6th at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT, featuring pricing, games, and launch details:
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I am glad that nothing of importance is happening tomorrow. Smile
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I am glad that nothing of importance is happening tomorrow. Smile
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm only going to watch it because I'm curious what the pricing will be ($998 to one-up Apple) and what games they plan to show to encourage people to try it. Also, I hope they announce a free trial for Stadia so people can actually test it for themselves. I wouldn't want to touch this if I had to pay up front to see how well I can even use it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm only going to watch it because I'm curious what the pricing will be ($998 to one-up Apple) and what games they plan to show to encourage people to try it. Also, I hope they announce a free trial for Stadia so people can actually test it for themselves. I wouldn't want to touch this if I had to pay up front to see how well I can even use it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
See I kinda have my doubt there going to be anything groundbreaking on it maybe Skyrim or some Assassin's Creed titles...but I can play them on my PS4 or PC without having to worry about my faulty internet that I am pretty sure is sentient and likes to mess with me! D:
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
See I kinda have my doubt there going to be anything groundbreaking on it maybe Skyrim or some Assassin's Creed titles...but I can play them on my PS4 or PC without having to worry about my faulty internet that I am pretty sure is sentient and likes to mess with me! D:
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Assassin's Creed I think was already mentioned for Stadia during the reveal. Regardless of what existing games they have for Stadia, they need some new big hitting titles to encourage people to try it. No one is going to pay for a cloud subscription to Skyrim when almost everyone who wants to play that game has already done so. The only advantage Stadia really has going for it right now in terms of library is we're nearing the next console generation, so they can take advantage of that to offer a cheaper way to play third party titles instead of needing a PS5 or an Xbox Two for them. Even if some of those customers eventually did buy a new console, they could use Stadia to experience third party games on the cheap until those consoles become cheaper and/or have enough first party content to justify their purchase.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Assassin's Creed I think was already mentioned for Stadia during the reveal. Regardless of what existing games they have for Stadia, they need some new big hitting titles to encourage people to try it. No one is going to pay for a cloud subscription to Skyrim when almost everyone who wants to play that game has already done so. The only advantage Stadia really has going for it right now in terms of library is we're nearing the next console generation, so they can take advantage of that to offer a cheaper way to play third party titles instead of needing a PS5 or an Xbox Two for them. Even if some of those customers eventually did buy a new console, they could use Stadia to experience third party games on the cheap until those consoles become cheaper and/or have enough first party content to justify their purchase.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think they might be able to pull it off, but it going to have to be cheap to get bought over next gen consoles and they will only be worth purchasing for families that live in the big city area this system has no hope in rural area like where I live because the internet isn't really stable at all.

I honestly do not know whether I expect it to have any success or not it could really go anyway really, but I won't be supporting a cloud based system myself.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think they might be able to pull it off, but it going to have to be cheap to get bought over next gen consoles and they will only be worth purchasing for families that live in the big city area this system has no hope in rural area like where I live because the internet isn't really stable at all.

I honestly do not know whether I expect it to have any success or not it could really go anyway really, but I won't be supporting a cloud based system myself.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The internet side is what really limits this more than any of the other challenges Stadia faces. I don't even know if anywhere in the UK has decent enough internet to stream games at a high quality, and it certainly isn't more of the country than not. Even at the reveal for Stadia people noticed problems with input lag, and if Google can't even make this thing work flawlessly for a reveal then that doesn't give me a lot of hope for it out in the wilds where they don't have so much control over things.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The internet side is what really limits this more than any of the other challenges Stadia faces. I don't even know if anywhere in the UK has decent enough internet to stream games at a high quality, and it certainly isn't more of the country than not. Even at the reveal for Stadia people noticed problems with input lag, and if Google can't even make this thing work flawlessly for a reveal then that doesn't give me a lot of hope for it out in the wilds where they don't have so much control over things.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I honestly suspect after some people will buy it they will return it pretty quickly if it not giving good results!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I honestly suspect after some people will buy it they will return it pretty quickly if it not giving good results!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the only purchasable item is the controller though, and that's not even compulsory. All people can really do if they dislike this is to cancel the subscription.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the only purchasable item is the controller though, and that's not even compulsory. All people can really do if they dislike this is to cancel the subscription.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Its a subscription based cloud service....google is trying to become gaming netflix...and I hate Netflix! D:

Seriously why must everything be streaming services! D:
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Its a subscription based cloud service....google is trying to become gaming netflix...and I hate Netflix! D:

Seriously why must everything be streaming services! D:
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Google Stadia Pricing and Games Announced
During today's Stadia Connect presentation, Google announced that Google Stadia will launch with a subscription price of $9.99 a month for Stadia Pro, which offers 4K resolution, HDR video, and 60fps. If you want to sign up for Stadia in advance, you can pre-order the Stadia Founders Edition for $129 which comes with a Chromecast Ultra, a limited edition Night Blue Stadia Controller, three months of Stadia Pro for you and a friend, username reservation, and the complete package of Destiny 2, including its new Shadowkeep expansion and annual pass. You can also play Stadia games without a subscription by purchasing the games outright, however that will not be available until next year.

At launch (and beyond), Stadia will have the following games:
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (featuring co-op screen sharing exclusive to Stadia)
  • Gylt
  • Get Packed
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2
  • Destiny 2
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Tomb Raider Trilogy
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
  • Doom Eternal
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
  • Metro Exodus
  • Thumper
  • GRID
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Football Manager 2020
  • The Elder Scrolls Onlne
  • The Crew 2
  • Trials Rising
  • NBA 2K
  • Borderlands 3
  • Farming Simulator 19
  • Rage 2
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • Just Dance 2020
Finally, if you're wondering how well your internet connection can run games on Stadia, Google shared numbers of what various speeds will get you. 35mbps will get you the highest quality streaming at 4K resolution with HDR video and 60fps, while 10mbps will get you 720p resolution with 60fps.

Google Stadia launches this November.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Google Stadia Pricing and Games Announced
During today's Stadia Connect presentation, Google announced that Google Stadia will launch with a subscription price of $9.99 a month for Stadia Pro, which offers 4K resolution, HDR video, and 60fps. If you want to sign up for Stadia in advance, you can pre-order the Stadia Founders Edition for $129 which comes with a Chromecast Ultra, a limited edition Night Blue Stadia Controller, three months of Stadia Pro for you and a friend, username reservation, and the complete package of Destiny 2, including its new Shadowkeep expansion and annual pass. You can also play Stadia games without a subscription by purchasing the games outright, however that will not be available until next year.

At launch (and beyond), Stadia will have the following games:
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (featuring co-op screen sharing exclusive to Stadia)
  • Gylt
  • Get Packed
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2
  • Destiny 2
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Tomb Raider Trilogy
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
  • Doom Eternal
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
  • Metro Exodus
  • Thumper
  • GRID
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Football Manager 2020
  • The Elder Scrolls Onlne
  • The Crew 2
  • Trials Rising
  • NBA 2K
  • Borderlands 3
  • Farming Simulator 19
  • Rage 2
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • Just Dance 2020
Finally, if you're wondering how well your internet connection can run games on Stadia, Google shared numbers of what various speeds will get you. 35mbps will get you the highest quality streaming at 4K resolution with HDR video and 60fps, while 10mbps will get you 720p resolution with 60fps.

Google Stadia launches this November.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can't wait to see this crash and burn. It may be the most glorious train wreck we'll ever see, perhaps only topped by Trump's presidency.

But hey, if you pre-order the founder's edition, you only have to pay $219 the first year for a service that could shut down at any time and you get left with nothing. What a steal!

I hope for the sake of the people foolish enough to actually buy into this, you can subscribe for one month at a time and they don't force you into 3/6/9/12 month subscriptions.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can't wait to see this crash and burn. It may be the most glorious train wreck we'll ever see, perhaps only topped by Trump's presidency.

But hey, if you pre-order the founder's edition, you only have to pay $219 the first year for a service that could shut down at any time and you get left with nothing. What a steal!

I hope for the sake of the people foolish enough to actually buy into this, you can subscribe for one month at a time and they don't force you into 3/6/9/12 month subscriptions.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 6th, 2019, 07:02 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Subscriptions are monthly; the three month deal is just for the founders edition. Also, the Stadia website states that any games you outright purchase will remain available to you even if your Stadia Pro subscription expires. So at least your purchases aren't tied to your subscription. It does however make me think that some games aren't going to be included in Stadia Pro, otherwise I don't see why anyone would purchase games while using a subscription because you'd already have the games, and nothing stops you buying them without a subscription.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 6th, 2019, 07:02 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Subscriptions are monthly; the three month deal is just for the founders edition. Also, the Stadia website states that any games you outright purchase will remain available to you even if your Stadia Pro subscription expires. So at least your purchases aren't tied to your subscription. It does however make me think that some games aren't going to be included in Stadia Pro, otherwise I don't see why anyone would purchase games while using a subscription because you'd already have the games, and nothing stops you buying them without a subscription.