Mobile Games
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I started playing Dr. Mario World recently (it's good, go try it) and since I don't think it warrants a thread by itself, I figured a thread just for talking about mobile games in general would suffice. ^_^

What mobile games do you/have you played? Do you only play them you're out of the house, or will you play them in places where you could utilise other forms of entertainment?

I generally only play mobile games in bed at night as a way to just relax, or when I'm on the toilet because apart from looking at social media, there's not much else to really do with yourself at that time. Tongue
I've played only a half dozen games, those being Two Dots, Dr. Mario World, Uncharted, Super Toss The Turtle, Spaceteam, and Lara Croft GO. Lara Croft GO was the highest quality game I played out of those. The art style and production in it stood out to me compared to most mobile games, which tend to just be an overworld menu and then a board for the levels sitting on some background. It was nice to play a game that had actual environments to it.
Spaceteam is good if you want to see how much you can strain a relationship with your friends or family.
Uncharted I only played to get bonuses in Uncharted 4's multiplayer, but I lost interest when I stopped playing the multiplayer and also stopped caring to try and unlock things in it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I started playing Dr. Mario World recently (it's good, go try it) and since I don't think it warrants a thread by itself, I figured a thread just for talking about mobile games in general would suffice. ^_^

What mobile games do you/have you played? Do you only play them you're out of the house, or will you play them in places where you could utilise other forms of entertainment?

I generally only play mobile games in bed at night as a way to just relax, or when I'm on the toilet because apart from looking at social media, there's not much else to really do with yourself at that time. Tongue
I've played only a half dozen games, those being Two Dots, Dr. Mario World, Uncharted, Super Toss The Turtle, Spaceteam, and Lara Croft GO. Lara Croft GO was the highest quality game I played out of those. The art style and production in it stood out to me compared to most mobile games, which tend to just be an overworld menu and then a board for the levels sitting on some background. It was nice to play a game that had actual environments to it.
Spaceteam is good if you want to see how much you can strain a relationship with your friends or family.
Uncharted I only played to get bonuses in Uncharted 4's multiplayer, but I lost interest when I stopped playing the multiplayer and also stopped caring to try and unlock things in it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Star Ocean Anamnesis and Azur Lane are the only mobile games I play. I'll also be picking up the Nekopara mobile game (recently announced during Anime Expo) when that releases. Especially since it's being made by Yostar (developers of Azur Lane), who are probably the absolute best mobile game company out there.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Star Ocean Anamnesis and Azur Lane are the only mobile games I play. I'll also be picking up the Nekopara mobile game (recently announced during Anime Expo) when that releases. Especially since it's being made by Yostar (developers of Azur Lane), who are probably the absolute best mobile game company out there.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I, like Moony, have also played Two Dots, Dr. Mario World, and Super Toss the Turtle (which, if anyone recognizes the name, is based on the Newgrounds flash game of the same name). In addition, I've also put some time into Neko Atsume (the cat collector game), which definitely brings out that "Petz" nostalgia in me lol

I've considering getting a gatcha game before but I know I will absolutely regret it LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I, like Moony, have also played Two Dots, Dr. Mario World, and Super Toss the Turtle (which, if anyone recognizes the name, is based on the Newgrounds flash game of the same name). In addition, I've also put some time into Neko Atsume (the cat collector game), which definitely brings out that "Petz" nostalgia in me lol

I've considering getting a gatcha game before but I know I will absolutely regret it LOL
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Atmo I'm just playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp via mobile. I tried playing Bejeweled but it was too easy; so I ununstalled. xD I had played Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector, & Snoopy Pop for a good while until I got bored with both & uninstalled them. I also tried a cat stacking game just for sh*t's & giggles. xp

The weirdest mobile game I've played so far has to be; My Horse Prince where the girl in the story (who's you born under the horse star) ends up dating an anime pretty boy with the body of a horse & it's just WEIRD. The story is good though, for how weird it is. XD
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Atmo I'm just playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp via mobile. I tried playing Bejeweled but it was too easy; so I ununstalled. xD I had played Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector, & Snoopy Pop for a good while until I got bored with both & uninstalled them. I also tried a cat stacking game just for sh*t's & giggles. xp

The weirdest mobile game I've played so far has to be; My Horse Prince where the girl in the story (who's you born under the horse star) ends up dating an anime pretty boy with the body of a horse & it's just WEIRD. The story is good though, for how weird it is. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 18th, 2019, 11:05 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Especially since it's being made by Yostar (developers of Azur Lane), who are probably the absolute best mobile game company out there.
I'm curious, what do they do to make them the one of the best mobile game companies?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 18th, 2019, 11:05 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Especially since it's being made by Yostar (developers of Azur Lane), who are probably the absolute best mobile game company out there.
I'm curious, what do they do to make them the one of the best mobile game companies?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
They pay attention to the community a lot and interact with their players. They listen to complaints and find reasonable ways to address them. They compensate the players whenever issues occur (they even compensate us for each scheduled maintenance).

And even though Azur Lane is gacha, and does have a currency you can purchase with money, the game is probably the most free-to-play friendly gacha game out there. It's very possible to acquire the limited ships during events just by the resources you collect playing the game, and without having to resort to spending any money (aka whaling).

Obviously sometimes RNG is going to RNG and you're going to have a hard time getting a rare ship, but still, compared to other gacha games, Azur Lane not only has one of the easiest method of obtaining resources in-game, but also some of the best pull rates in any gacha game out there.

Finally, and perhaps the biggest thing that makes them an amazing company, is that they treat everyone equally. Obviously when EN released, they were behind the JP game that had been out for a while before, but they did an accelerated release schedule to get EN caught up a bit and now all three regions of the game are on the same release schedule. There's still some content that EN still needs to get, but as for new events, we're getting them at the same time as JP and Asia, instead of having to wait months or even a year after they get it. We've even gotten some content before JP and Asia, which for a Japanese gacha game developer to release something in EN before JP, that's a HUGE sign of how much they care about all of their players.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
They pay attention to the community a lot and interact with their players. They listen to complaints and find reasonable ways to address them. They compensate the players whenever issues occur (they even compensate us for each scheduled maintenance).

And even though Azur Lane is gacha, and does have a currency you can purchase with money, the game is probably the most free-to-play friendly gacha game out there. It's very possible to acquire the limited ships during events just by the resources you collect playing the game, and without having to resort to spending any money (aka whaling).

Obviously sometimes RNG is going to RNG and you're going to have a hard time getting a rare ship, but still, compared to other gacha games, Azur Lane not only has one of the easiest method of obtaining resources in-game, but also some of the best pull rates in any gacha game out there.

Finally, and perhaps the biggest thing that makes them an amazing company, is that they treat everyone equally. Obviously when EN released, they were behind the JP game that had been out for a while before, but they did an accelerated release schedule to get EN caught up a bit and now all three regions of the game are on the same release schedule. There's still some content that EN still needs to get, but as for new events, we're getting them at the same time as JP and Asia, instead of having to wait months or even a year after they get it. We've even gotten some content before JP and Asia, which for a Japanese gacha game developer to release something in EN before JP, that's a HUGE sign of how much they care about all of their players.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 27 8,102 Mar 26th, 2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Questioning "Unanswerable" Things in Games? Moonface 7 556 Mar 18th, 2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Are Big Budget Games Sustainable? Moonface 2 87 Mar 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 6 720 Feb 13th, 2024, 11:14 PM
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 8 298 Jan 19th, 2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Kyng