King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
A lot of people online seem to think that Nintendo is going to go to a tiered system that have different pay rate; $20 for the NES library, $30 for the SNES library access; etc as an update to their online service.

Do you think that this could possible for an update to Nintendo's online service system or are you hopeful that the rate to pay for a year won't rise over $20?
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
A lot of people online seem to think that Nintendo is going to go to a tiered system that have different pay rate; $20 for the NES library, $30 for the SNES library access; etc as an update to their online service.

Do you think that this could possible for an update to Nintendo's online service system or are you hopeful that the rate to pay for a year won't rise over $20?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I freaking hope not, a tiered online Nintendo Network account would kind of be assinine impo since Xbox Live or Playstation Network neither have a teired system. I just hope these idiots who are suggesting it don't give Nintendo any idea's cause I'm not paying over $20 a year just to have the privalage to play Nintendo games online. u-u"
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I freaking hope not, a tiered online Nintendo Network account would kind of be assinine impo since Xbox Live or Playstation Network neither have a teired system. I just hope these idiots who are suggesting it don't give Nintendo any idea's cause I'm not paying over $20 a year just to have the privalage to play Nintendo games online. u-u"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If Nintendo raise the rates higher, I doubt I'd bother to pay for it. If it stays at $10 for online play and the higher tiers are just for things like NES and SNES library access, then I don't care because all I want is the online play. Otherwise, Nintendo don't have enough games I'd play online nor a good enough online service to justify me paying them more money for it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If Nintendo raise the rates higher, I doubt I'd bother to pay for it. If it stays at $10 for online play and the higher tiers are just for things like NES and SNES library access, then I don't care because all I want is the online play. Otherwise, Nintendo don't have enough games I'd play online nor a good enough online service to justify me paying them more money for it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'd be willing to pay $50 a year for Nintendo online if it offered dedicated servers instead of lolpeer2peer. The only reason I have online on my Switch right now is because of the free year I got through Twitch Prime, but after that I'm not sure if I'll continue the subscription just because paying for peer2peer (aka the laggiest fuckfest of online connection you can possibly have) is a joke.

Obviously they can't do that in a tiered system, but if they wanted to just increase the price of the online in exchange for better features (again, like dedicated servers), I'd be all for it. There's nothing they could offer in a tier system that would entice me.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'd be willing to pay $50 a year for Nintendo online if it offered dedicated servers instead of lolpeer2peer. The only reason I have online on my Switch right now is because of the free year I got through Twitch Prime, but after that I'm not sure if I'll continue the subscription just because paying for peer2peer (aka the laggiest fuckfest of online connection you can possibly have) is a joke.

Obviously they can't do that in a tiered system, but if they wanted to just increase the price of the online in exchange for better features (again, like dedicated servers), I'd be all for it. There's nothing they could offer in a tier system that would entice me.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have Nintendo Online purely because of the Twitch Prime rewards, but to be honest... I haven't played online once yet. The Switch doesn't really have any multiplayer games I care about playing, the ones I would care for are also available on either PC or PS4, which offer better connectivity and access to me.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have Nintendo Online purely because of the Twitch Prime rewards, but to be honest... I haven't played online once yet. The Switch doesn't really have any multiplayer games I care about playing, the ones I would care for are also available on either PC or PS4, which offer better connectivity and access to me.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Aug 18th, 2019, 06:47 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:

Thankfully you can take advantage of that online service with Three Houses. A bit into the game you'll unlock the Traveler system, and that will allow you to buy some pretty great items from other people's travelers (including advanced items such as Master Seals and Brave weapons way, way sooner than you have any right of getting them).

So at least you'll be able to take advantage of it for that.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Aug 18th, 2019, 06:47 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:

Thankfully you can take advantage of that online service with Three Houses. A bit into the game you'll unlock the Traveler system, and that will allow you to buy some pretty great items from other people's travelers (including advanced items such as Master Seals and Brave weapons way, way sooner than you have any right of getting them).

So at least you'll be able to take advantage of it for that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Services for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U to be Discontinued Moonface 5 374 Mar 21st, 2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game Boy (Advance) – Nintendo Switch Online Library | MAR10 Day Additions Moonface 16 1,747 Mar 14th, 2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Nintendo Switch Karo 140 71,547 Jan 18th, 2024, 04:12 PM
  Nintendo Switch's Successor Moonface 7 727 Sep 7th, 2023, 02:22 AM
  N64 and Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online Library Moonface 19 2,389 Apr 7th, 2023, 10:32 PM