The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Sequel Announced
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I thought we had a thread for this but I got it mixed up with the initial reveal discussion in the Nintendo Direct thread that this movie had its cast announced during. Tongue

I'm sure everyone is aware of the cast by now because how can you not know Chris Pratt is playing as Mario? But I wanted to share something I saw just now which was a rumour about what the upcoming Mario movie contains, and while I don't know how much truth there is to it I wonder if anyone else feels as  Blink about it as I did when I read this:

Stuff like the Brooklyn accents makes me instantly think this is all fake but considering Chris Pratt got cast as Mario I don't know if I can really put anything past this movie now. Errm

Maybe it'll be fine and end up like the Sonic movies that have both gone on to become the highest grossing video game movies of all time, and Nintendo did a decent job with Detective Pikachu so they could do fine with this. I wonder when we'll get a trailer though since the movie got delayed recently. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I thought we had a thread for this but I got it mixed up with the initial reveal discussion in the Nintendo Direct thread that this movie had its cast announced during. Tongue

I'm sure everyone is aware of the cast by now because how can you not know Chris Pratt is playing as Mario? But I wanted to share something I saw just now which was a rumour about what the upcoming Mario movie contains, and while I don't know how much truth there is to it I wonder if anyone else feels as  Blink about it as I did when I read this:

Stuff like the Brooklyn accents makes me instantly think this is all fake but considering Chris Pratt got cast as Mario I don't know if I can really put anything past this movie now. Errm

Maybe it'll be fine and end up like the Sonic movies that have both gone on to become the highest grossing video game movies of all time, and Nintendo did a decent job with Detective Pikachu so they could do fine with this. I wonder when we'll get a trailer though since the movie got delayed recently. Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't read all of what was in the spoiler, just in case it's true, up until...Mario and Luigi get their iconic colours that is. If it starts in a 'real' world into the 'game' setting world then I can live with that but would prefer if they already start in MK as they're both not exactly normal humans, even though they kinda are meant to be but obviously not. XD

Yeah I hope this film does turn out good, for it's own sake really and not fall into the bad video-game movie pile. Like you said though, anything can happen after what the voice cast was revealed to be. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't read all of what was in the spoiler, just in case it's true, up until...Mario and Luigi get their iconic colours that is. If it starts in a 'real' world into the 'game' setting world then I can live with that but would prefer if they already start in MK as they're both not exactly normal humans, even though they kinda are meant to be but obviously not. XD

Yeah I hope this film does turn out good, for it's own sake really and not fall into the bad video-game movie pile. Like you said though, anything can happen after what the voice cast was revealed to be. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Imagine if Chris Pratt is actually the live action Mario and then gets turned into game Mario. ROFL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Imagine if Chris Pratt is actually the live action Mario and then gets turned into game Mario. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The Brooklyn accents thing reminds me of all their other media portrayals, like the Super Mario Bros cartoon, or the Super Mario Bros movie (1993). It wouldn't be too out of place TBH.

Plot wise, well, it's about as coherent as any other Mario game's plot if I'm honest. This will all come down to execution in the end, I believe, regardless if this is legit or not.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The Brooklyn accents thing reminds me of all their other media portrayals, like the Super Mario Bros cartoon, or the Super Mario Bros movie (1993). It wouldn't be too out of place TBH.

Plot wise, well, it's about as coherent as any other Mario game's plot if I'm honest. This will all come down to execution in the end, I believe, regardless if this is legit or not.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think that even if the plot itself isn't accurate, I question if the movie is really going to take a musical approach and if that can actually turn out good. In my mind Mario and singing numbers just sounds like bottom of the barrel kids movie stuff when Mario is more of a all ages thing, but I won't be surprised if it ends up being cringey instead.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think that even if the plot itself isn't accurate, I question if the movie is really going to take a musical approach and if that can actually turn out good. In my mind Mario and singing numbers just sounds like bottom of the barrel kids movie stuff when Mario is more of a all ages thing, but I won't be surprised if it ends up being cringey instead.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The official poster for this has been revealed ahead of Thursday's trailer, which will be aired in a special Nintendo Direct focused on this movie:

The Direct will take place at 1:05pm PT for those interested in the time. Wink

I wonder if this poster is literally showing what the Mushroom Kingdom could look like in the movie, or if it's just representational to better show off the journey Mario might take to get there. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The official poster for this has been revealed ahead of Thursday's trailer, which will be aired in a special Nintendo Direct focused on this movie:

The Direct will take place at 1:05pm PT for those interested in the time. Wink

I wonder if this poster is literally showing what the Mushroom Kingdom could look like in the movie, or if it's just representational to better show off the journey Mario might take to get there. Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hope the direct will go well, in that the film will actually look good. From the poster it's a start sort of, although I hope the Mushroom Kingdom doesn't look like this exactly, what is Peach's Castle doing on top of a hill/mountain? Also just don't make Toadette be Smurfette or remove any existence of female Toads. Yeah I got picky a bit there. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hope the direct will go well, in that the film will actually look good. From the poster it's a start sort of, although I hope the Mushroom Kingdom doesn't look like this exactly, what is Peach's Castle doing on top of a hill/mountain? Also just don't make Toadette be Smurfette or remove any existence of female Toads. Yeah I got picky a bit there. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Honestly with how quality strict Nintendo are when it comes to handing out their IP, if this movie doesn't fire on all cylinders then I genuinely think no video game movie will ever be able to hit near perfection.
I'm still unconvinced Chris Pratt is going to work as Mario but I think Nintendo wouldn't use him if that was the case.

I don't think Peach's Castle will actually be on a mountain like the poster; I think it's just that way to give the poster more space to show everything. I'd rather that than Mario just standing in front of the castle at the same height as himself. That would be what I'd expect of any generic fan made poster to be like that you'd find on DeviantArt or something.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Honestly with how quality strict Nintendo are when it comes to handing out their IP, if this movie doesn't fire on all cylinders then I genuinely think no video game movie will ever be able to hit near perfection.
I'm still unconvinced Chris Pratt is going to work as Mario but I think Nintendo wouldn't use him if that was the case.

I don't think Peach's Castle will actually be on a mountain like the poster; I think it's just that way to give the poster more space to show everything. I'd rather that than Mario just standing in front of the castle at the same height as himself. That would be what I'd expect of any generic fan made poster to be like that you'd find on DeviantArt or something.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This poster really makes me think that the point of its existence is to push sales/tickets/marketing towards their Super Nintendo World, cuz the environment shown here looks not-so-subtly influenced by the park's design LOL

Let's see how it turns out, though. Expectations are pretty low so I can't be disappointed, only humored if it winds up being laughably bad.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This poster really makes me think that the point of its existence is to push sales/tickets/marketing towards their Super Nintendo World, cuz the environment shown here looks not-so-subtly influenced by the park's design LOL

Let's see how it turns out, though. Expectations are pretty low so I can't be disappointed, only humored if it winds up being laughably bad.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'm going to hold my breath that this is any good. But only time will tell for sure.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'm going to hold my breath that this is any good. But only time will tell for sure.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just over an hour to go. Happy I didn't miss the Direct live because I didn't take note of the time it's happening, thought it was like in the afternoon and I remembered just a little while ago the Direct was even today. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just over an hour to go. Happy I didn't miss the Direct live because I didn't take note of the time it's happening, thought it was like in the afternoon and I remembered just a little while ago the Direct was even today. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I like that Nintendo had to clarify there's not going to be any games shown in this Direct because otherwise everyone is just going to expect stupid shit like Metroid 4 or something. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I like that Nintendo had to clarify there's not going to be any games shown in this Direct because otherwise everyone is just going to expect stupid shit like Metroid 4 or something. Rolleyes
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Super Mario Bros. Movie - Official Teaser Trailer

Have to say Jack Black does a good job with Bowser. I don't dislike Pratt as Mario but I think it'll take some time for me to get used to the voice. Voice acting aside, visually the film looks amazing! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Super Mario Bros. Movie - Official Teaser Trailer

Have to say Jack Black does a good job with Bowser. I don't dislike Pratt as Mario but I think it'll take some time for me to get used to the voice. Voice acting aside, visually the film looks amazing! Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Jack Black will surely be the highlight of the movie, no doubt. That opening though, making Bowser's ship look so menacing as it came down on the penguin's kingdom, then them attempting to defend while looking as if they're going to be a force to be reckoned with. XD
Mario was er, well casting Pratt to do Italian would be awful, and this was...I dunno. Wasn't terrible but could be better? Need to hear more of it. Suppose I'm OK with them going for a more American voice though at least. Toad, Kamek and the very very brief Luigi voice seem fine though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Jack Black will surely be the highlight of the movie, no doubt. That opening though, making Bowser's ship look so menacing as it came down on the penguin's kingdom, then them attempting to defend while looking as if they're going to be a force to be reckoned with. XD
Mario was er, well casting Pratt to do Italian would be awful, and this was...I dunno. Wasn't terrible but could be better? Need to hear more of it. Suppose I'm OK with them going for a more American voice though at least. Toad, Kamek and the very very brief Luigi voice seem fine though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Had to go back to re-listen to Luigi; not much to go on, but it at least seems his character has the higher scared tone I would expect. Toad and Kamek didn't ring an alarm bell for me upon hearing them; it's really just Pratt I'm iffy about. I don't know if I'm so bothered by the accent as I am by the tone and speed itself, particularly the "Mushroom Kingdom, here we come", since I really expected a more classic higher pitched "Here we go" and a faster pace of speaking to go with it.
I do wonder though if there's multiple Toad's and if so, do they all share the same VA? XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Had to go back to re-listen to Luigi; not much to go on, but it at least seems his character has the higher scared tone I would expect. Toad and Kamek didn't ring an alarm bell for me upon hearing them; it's really just Pratt I'm iffy about. I don't know if I'm so bothered by the accent as I am by the tone and speed itself, particularly the "Mushroom Kingdom, here we come", since I really expected a more classic higher pitched "Here we go" and a faster pace of speaking to go with it.
I do wonder though if there's multiple Toad's and if so, do they all share the same VA? XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie Series) | Sonic 3 Logo Reveal Moonface 54 17,915 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,526 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL