Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Talk all things MCU here! Which movies have you seen, what do you enjoy about them, etc.

I've seen....Iron Man 1-3, Hulk, Thor: The Dark World (not fully), Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Avengers, Age Of Ultron & Infinity War Part 1. That isn't as much as I thought when looking at what I've missed. Dark World I caught on TV but was on the last act anyway. Wasn't bothered missing most of the others, but a bit for Thor: Ragnarok. Never did see it before Infinity War. Anyway, my favourites have been Avengers, Civil War, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and the latest film. Might go see Ant-Man and the Wasp, but more interested in Captain Marvel. Especially and absolutely for Infinity War Part 2.

Didn't realise this wasn't made yet. Mainly wanted to get this topic going after a fan video I watched, and wanted to share. Be warned, spoilers for Infinity War and if you haven't seen most of the movies yet, and wish to.

I love every actor and actress that have played within these films. They and the writing have really brought these characters to life for the big screen. The greatness that is Downey Jr though, making Stark plus his development being my favourite character in the MCU. =3
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Talk all things MCU here! Which movies have you seen, what do you enjoy about them, etc.

I've seen....Iron Man 1-3, Hulk, Thor: The Dark World (not fully), Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Avengers, Age Of Ultron & Infinity War Part 1. That isn't as much as I thought when looking at what I've missed. Dark World I caught on TV but was on the last act anyway. Wasn't bothered missing most of the others, but a bit for Thor: Ragnarok. Never did see it before Infinity War. Anyway, my favourites have been Avengers, Civil War, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and the latest film. Might go see Ant-Man and the Wasp, but more interested in Captain Marvel. Especially and absolutely for Infinity War Part 2.

Didn't realise this wasn't made yet. Mainly wanted to get this topic going after a fan video I watched, and wanted to share. Be warned, spoilers for Infinity War and if you haven't seen most of the movies yet, and wish to.

I love every actor and actress that have played within these films. They and the writing have really brought these characters to life for the big screen. The greatness that is Downey Jr though, making Stark plus his development being my favourite character in the MCU. =3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Seen every Iron Man movie, Captain America and Civil War, Spiderman Homecoming, and all the Avengers movies.

Infinity War is my favorite MCU movie, which I think did well in overcoming the problem of being predictable due to everyone knowing Thanos will prevail by making the journey to that moment really engaging. Reminds me of how The Last of Us has very typical plot elements but executes them in a way that shines.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Seen every Iron Man movie, Captain America and Civil War, Spiderman Homecoming, and all the Avengers movies.

Infinity War is my favorite MCU movie, which I think did well in overcoming the problem of being predictable due to everyone knowing Thanos will prevail by making the journey to that moment really engaging. Reminds me of how The Last of Us has very typical plot elements but executes them in a way that shines.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I've only seen six of these so far, in the order that I saw them:
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Ant-Man
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
  • Black Panther
  • Avengers: Infinity War

All except Ant-Man and the first Guardians of the Galaxy were seen in cinemas.

My favourite of the lot was Guardians of the Galaxy (because I loved that set of quirky goofball characters), followed by Black Panther. Both were pretty tight, focused experiences, where we got to learn a lot about one small set of characters, allowing us to become emotionally invested in them. By contrast, Infinity War gave us a little bit of everyone, but personally that didn't really do it for me. It was still a good film, but to me personally it felt more like a 'Greatest Hits' album.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I've only seen six of these so far, in the order that I saw them:
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Ant-Man
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
  • Black Panther
  • Avengers: Infinity War

All except Ant-Man and the first Guardians of the Galaxy were seen in cinemas.

My favourite of the lot was Guardians of the Galaxy (because I loved that set of quirky goofball characters), followed by Black Panther. Both were pretty tight, focused experiences, where we got to learn a lot about one small set of characters, allowing us to become emotionally invested in them. By contrast, Infinity War gave us a little bit of everyone, but personally that didn't really do it for me. It was still a good film, but to me personally it felt more like a 'Greatest Hits' album.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot about Black Panther and retract my past statement. Black Panther is my favorite MCU movie, followed by Infinity War.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot about Black Panther and retract my past statement. Black Panther is my favorite MCU movie, followed by Infinity War.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What do people think of the new Avenger's trailer? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What do people think of the new Avenger's trailer? Smile

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Damn, it's dropped? And has 41 million views already, oh my. XD

Wasn't as hyped as I thought I'd be, but not saying it was bad. I mean, I am hyped, not jumping out of my seat "HOLY SHIT" kind of way. LOL A very brief view of the aftermath of Infinity War to the remaining Avengers (OK, can guess this is what the *sigh* first trailer will be on), so in parts was seeing how down they were. Stark's message was good. Although there was one "HOLY--" moment I had, and that was Hawkeye. Must know why he's like that, I can guess family, but need to know more. Also wished the last part wasn't in this trailer, as I was thinking throughout what their reaction will be discovering Antman's actually there when assumed he was taken by the 'snap'. (OK, wasn't a full reaction, but already shown the small part of the scene).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Damn, it's dropped? And has 41 million views already, oh my. XD

Wasn't as hyped as I thought I'd be, but not saying it was bad. I mean, I am hyped, not jumping out of my seat "HOLY SHIT" kind of way. LOL A very brief view of the aftermath of Infinity War to the remaining Avengers (OK, can guess this is what the *sigh* first trailer will be on), so in parts was seeing how down they were. Stark's message was good. Although there was one "HOLY--" moment I had, and that was Hawkeye. Must know why he's like that, I can guess family, but need to know more. Also wished the last part wasn't in this trailer, as I was thinking throughout what their reaction will be discovering Antman's actually there when assumed he was taken by the 'snap'. (OK, wasn't a full reaction, but already shown the small part of the scene).
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I've never really been into superhero movies but I actually enjoy a lot of the Marvel movies (I don't think I've seen any of the recent DC movies for example). My husband and I will probably end up seeing Endgame in the theaters though, looking forward to it ^_^
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I've never really been into superhero movies but I actually enjoy a lot of the Marvel movies (I don't think I've seen any of the recent DC movies for example). My husband and I will probably end up seeing Endgame in the theaters though, looking forward to it ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 8th, 2018, 05:37 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Also wished the last part wasn't in this trailer, as I was thinking throughout what their reaction will be discovering Antman's actually there when assumed he was taken by the 'snap'. (OK, wasn't a full reaction, but already shown the small part of the scene).
Eh, even if Ant Man wasn't shown in the trailer, most people would have expected him to be in the movie. The suspense might've been good, but it seemed pretty obvious it would happen.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 8th, 2018, 05:37 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Also wished the last part wasn't in this trailer, as I was thinking throughout what their reaction will be discovering Antman's actually there when assumed he was taken by the 'snap'. (OK, wasn't a full reaction, but already shown the small part of the scene).
Eh, even if Ant Man wasn't shown in the trailer, most people would have expected him to be in the movie. The suspense might've been good, but it seemed pretty obvious it would happen.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just found someone (description says stratmasterj and DaveAnson1) created this recreation of the fight on Titan from Infinity War in 16-Bit. Was uploaded in August anyway, so I'm late seeing this and maybe you guys have viewed the video, but thought I'd share it.

I'm quite likely going to be watching Endgame this Wednesday. Didn't bother watching Captain Marvel, so I'll see the movie another time but read about it beforehand at least. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just found someone (description says stratmasterj and DaveAnson1) created this recreation of the fight on Titan from Infinity War in 16-Bit. Was uploaded in August anyway, so I'm late seeing this and maybe you guys have viewed the video, but thought I'd share it.

I'm quite likely going to be watching Endgame this Wednesday. Didn't bother watching Captain Marvel, so I'll see the movie another time but read about it beforehand at least. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That was a pretty good animation. I wish I'd known it wasn't a 10 minute animation and instead the second half of the video was a side-by-side of the original scenes and the animated version. It was hard to properly appreciate what was being done with a hazy memory of how exactly the original fight played out.

I saw Endgame on Saturday night, and I don't think there will ever be a movie that can top it as far as success goes. Absolutely everything about it was perfect and I didn't once feel like something was taking too long to happen. There's just so many good moments that it's hard to even remember all of them. EL, let me know if the audience makes any form of loud noises in the movie. For the US it appears to be a common thing, so reactions here don't surprise me (except for how odd it is coming from a country that doesn't do that) but I'd love to know if the big moments in Endgame manage to even get the British people going nuts. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That was a pretty good animation. I wish I'd known it wasn't a 10 minute animation and instead the second half of the video was a side-by-side of the original scenes and the animated version. It was hard to properly appreciate what was being done with a hazy memory of how exactly the original fight played out.

I saw Endgame on Saturday night, and I don't think there will ever be a movie that can top it as far as success goes. Absolutely everything about it was perfect and I didn't once feel like something was taking too long to happen. There's just so many good moments that it's hard to even remember all of them. EL, let me know if the audience makes any form of loud noises in the movie. For the US it appears to be a common thing, so reactions here don't surprise me (except for how odd it is coming from a country that doesn't do that) but I'd love to know if the big moments in Endgame manage to even get the British people going nuts. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I should've mentioned the video was split in two, the second being side by side of the actual movie, and not one full 10 minutes of animation. I didn't check when I first watched, and assumed the following fight might've been animated like that too. XD

I don't know what could possibly be done after Inifinity War and Endgame. 3 hours was long, I was itching to get to the final battle but everything else was necessary and a good build up. Since my viewing was done on a weekday and wan't packed out, there wasn't much reaction from the audience other than the comedic moments really, plus the other moment. I think if it was packed there could've been good reactions at some points, like it was when I watched Infinity War (particularly when Thor entered Wakanda I remember fondly of the reaction, some others too but can't remember which). Also could've been possible some audience members were there for a second or whatever viewing on a quiet day, so that could be a possible reason for minor reactions.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I should've mentioned the video was split in two, the second being side by side of the actual movie, and not one full 10 minutes of animation. I didn't check when I first watched, and assumed the following fight might've been animated like that too. XD

I don't know what could possibly be done after Inifinity War and Endgame. 3 hours was long, I was itching to get to the final battle but everything else was necessary and a good build up. Since my viewing was done on a weekday and wan't packed out, there wasn't much reaction from the audience other than the comedic moments really, plus the other moment. I think if it was packed there could've been good reactions at some points, like it was when I watched Infinity War (particularly when Thor entered Wakanda I remember fondly of the reaction, some others too but can't remember which). Also could've been possible some audience members were there for a second or whatever viewing on a quiet day, so that could be a possible reason for minor reactions.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect the MCU will go back to smaller stories like we had prior to The Avengers, so as to build up a core cast of characters individually before teaming them up against the next big threat.

What was your favourite part of the finale EL?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect the MCU will go back to smaller stories like we had prior to The Avengers, so as to build up a core cast of characters individually before teaming them up against the next big threat.

What was your favourite part of the finale EL?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Do you mean the final part of the movie as in 'Act 3', the aftermath or the whole thing?

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Do you mean the final part of the movie as in 'Act 3', the aftermath or the whole thing?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
By finale, I was talking about the final battle sequence that starts when Thanos returns. Wink
I sat through the credits too, just in case there was anything. It was worth it just to see the part with the signatures of the original six Avengers though, that was really neat.

I did know of more, but these were a few things I either noticed or read about that are cool details in the movie:
Also, a new trailer just released for Spider-Man: Far From Home. If you have not watched Endgame, do not watch this trailer unless you want to be spoiled!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
By finale, I was talking about the final battle sequence that starts when Thanos returns. Wink
I sat through the credits too, just in case there was anything. It was worth it just to see the part with the signatures of the original six Avengers though, that was really neat.

I did know of more, but these were a few things I either noticed or read about that are cool details in the movie:
Also, a new trailer just released for Spider-Man: Far From Home. If you have not watched Endgame, do not watch this trailer unless you want to be spoiled!

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Seeing it a second time, Moony made mention of certain character deaths and the impact it had the second time around, and talking with my coworkers about it, I had a sort of revelation on it.

Overall though, that movie was spectacular. Definitely a brilliant send-off for this arc of their timeline. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Seeing it a second time, Moony made mention of certain character deaths and the impact it had the second time around, and talking with my coworkers about it, I had a sort of revelation on it.

Overall though, that movie was spectacular. Definitely a brilliant send-off for this arc of their timeline. Smile