Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that might've been it for me, wasn't the type of energy Martinet brings to Mario. Perhaps it happens later as what we saw was Mario's first entry into the Mushroom Kingdom and is confused and unsure of everything so he's not feeling upbeat then. Tone does need to pick up later, I hope. Toads, I didn't think about that, so either it will be just him, that particular Toad having that particular voice but others that are just common Toads have a different, but same voice. Which reminds me, Toadsworth needs to be in this. Haven't seen him in ages, and would look good to have recognisable Toads than...just standard ones everywhere looking exactly the same but differing colours...with the same voice. OK, I get same voice could be funny at least.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that might've been it for me, wasn't the type of energy Martinet brings to Mario. Perhaps it happens later as what we saw was Mario's first entry into the Mushroom Kingdom and is confused and unsure of everything so he's not feeling upbeat then. Tone does need to pick up later, I hope. Toads, I didn't think about that, so either it will be just him, that particular Toad having that particular voice but others that are just common Toads have a different, but same voice. Which reminds me, Toadsworth needs to be in this. Haven't seen him in ages, and would look good to have recognisable Toads than...just standard ones everywhere looking exactly the same but differing colours...with the same voice. OK, I get same voice could be funny at least.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If the Toad's do all share a VA I can see a moment where multiple speak to Mario and he can't keep track of which of them is actually talking. It'll be like this scene in Rayman I feel like where all the Teensies sound the same:

XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If the Toad's do all share a VA I can see a moment where multiple speak to Mario and he can't keep track of which of them is actually talking. It'll be like this scene in Rayman I feel like where all the Teensies sound the same:

XD
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
After seeing the trailer, I got super excited. Mario's voice isn't what I'd hope it would be but this is the first movie in a VERY VERY long time I actually want to see in theaters.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
After seeing the trailer, I got super excited. Mario's voice isn't what I'd hope it would be but this is the first movie in a VERY VERY long time I actually want to see in theaters.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interestingly most of the foreign VA's for Mario are pretty good. Here's the French one for example:

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interestingly most of the foreign VA's for Mario are pretty good. Here's the French one for example:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I can tell this movie is going to be absolutely LOADED with references to all of the games Mario's ever been in. Even the penguins themselves were there as referenced by Super Mario 64

Here's a cute clip of someone mimicking the scene with SM64 assets ROFL

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I can tell this movie is going to be absolutely LOADED with references to all of the games Mario's ever been in. Even the penguins themselves were there as referenced by Super Mario 64

Here's a cute clip of someone mimicking the scene with SM64 assets ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New trailer dropping tomorrow:

Judging by the image I'm guessing we'll get to see/hear Peach. I'm curious if we'll hear more of Mario or not since I have seen people saying that in some movie theatres they've been cutting the trailer before Mario talks, so I've been wondering if the voice acting is being addressed like how Sonic's appearance was for his movie, or if there is actually better voice lines from Pratt than what we've heard so far and Nintendo thought it best to remove the current ones where possible to reduce the negative reception to him before we hear more and better. Although I won't lie, I'll be shocked if anything else Pratt has recorded actually sounds good. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New trailer dropping tomorrow:

Judging by the image I'm guessing we'll get to see/hear Peach. I'm curious if we'll hear more of Mario or not since I have seen people saying that in some movie theatres they've been cutting the trailer before Mario talks, so I've been wondering if the voice acting is being addressed like how Sonic's appearance was for his movie, or if there is actually better voice lines from Pratt than what we've heard so far and Nintendo thought it best to remove the current ones where possible to reduce the negative reception to him before we hear more and better. Although I won't lie, I'll be shocked if anything else Pratt has recorded actually sounds good. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It'll never not amuse me to see Nintendo having to put a disclaimer on their Direct announcements to tell fanboys to measure their god damn expectations and sit down ROFL

Anyway yeah, I agree. We'll see how it goes. They're gonna have to do a LOT of convincing to make everyone think Pratt is a decent choice. Hopefully this trailer helps.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It'll never not amuse me to see Nintendo having to put a disclaimer on their Direct announcements to tell fanboys to measure their god damn expectations and sit down ROFL

Anyway yeah, I agree. We'll see how it goes. They're gonna have to do a LOT of convincing to make everyone think Pratt is a decent choice. Hopefully this trailer helps.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Wow, didn't know they're cutting that first trailer we got down by removing Pratt's lines from it. If they're really going to try and make Pratt re-do lines then definitely good, I know that didn't confirm it but we darn know that voice needs improving. XD If not and they're hoping any lines in this trailer will make him sound better, well we'll see later.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Wow, didn't know they're cutting that first trailer we got down by removing Pratt's lines from it. If they're really going to try and make Pratt re-do lines then definitely good, I know that didn't confirm it but we darn know that voice needs improving. XD If not and they're hoping any lines in this trailer will make him sound better, well we'll see later.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Second Trailer
The second trailer for the upcoming Super Mario Bros. movie has dropped, giving us our first looks at Donkey Kong and Princess Peach, as well as some unexpected surprises!

Wasn't expecting to see Mario Kart and Rainbow Road in this movie at all, but I'll take it. I get the feeling Mario's voice lines are still being held back since it felt like he spoke less in this trailer than most of the other characters. I didn't really find anyone else's voice problematic and as much as I want to judge Pratt here against the first trailer, there just isn't really enough to work with for me to form much of an opinion.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Second Trailer
The second trailer for the upcoming Super Mario Bros. movie has dropped, giving us our first looks at Donkey Kong and Princess Peach, as well as some unexpected surprises!

Wasn't expecting to see Mario Kart and Rainbow Road in this movie at all, but I'll take it. I get the feeling Mario's voice lines are still being held back since it felt like he spoke less in this trailer than most of the other characters. I didn't really find anyone else's voice problematic and as much as I want to judge Pratt here against the first trailer, there just isn't really enough to work with for me to form much of an opinion.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can't really put my finger on it, but something looks really off about Mario. Peach just straight up looks cursed. I saw someone ask why she looks like she came directly out of a Pixar movie and I can kind of see it. She just looks really, really weird.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I can't really put my finger on it, but something looks really off about Mario. Peach just straight up looks cursed. I saw someone ask why she looks like she came directly out of a Pixar movie and I can kind of see it. She just looks really, really weird.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I've sort of gotten used to the way Mario looks, and can agree Peach looks off as well but not as much as Mario was. Her voice is OK and can accept it more than Mario's, it's not awful but does fit her more than the sweet voice she's known to have with how she's portrayed here as more of a leader. We don't tend to see that in the games as she's usually kidnapped immediately in the intro, so Luigi seems to have that role in the movie instead although he stumbled into Bowser's side and had no control over that.

Anyway, everything else with the visuals, other voices, a taste of Smash Bros there at the start of the trailer, Mario Kart later which looks nuts as there's more than 8/12 karts there on Rainbow Road, is looking fantastic.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I've sort of gotten used to the way Mario looks, and can agree Peach looks off as well but not as much as Mario was. Her voice is OK and can accept it more than Mario's, it's not awful but does fit her more than the sweet voice she's known to have with how she's portrayed here as more of a leader. We don't tend to see that in the games as she's usually kidnapped immediately in the intro, so Luigi seems to have that role in the movie instead although he stumbled into Bowser's side and had no control over that.

Anyway, everything else with the visuals, other voices, a taste of Smash Bros there at the start of the trailer, Mario Kart later which looks nuts as there's more than 8/12 karts there on Rainbow Road, is looking fantastic.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, Peach definitely has that Disney look to her. She reminds me of the art style of like Frozen or Tangled, and although I'd like to think it was on purpose to make her resemble a Disney princess look slightly because she's a princess herself and the animators thought it'd be funny to make that visual reference, there's probably nothing to it other than that's just how she coincidentally looks. It's not as bad in motion as it is seeing still images of her though.

I agree with your thought on Mario as well @Dragon Lord; sometimes I find it looks off somehow in the face but I can never quite figure out what it is and usually just end up giving up on thinking about it further. LOL

And that Mario Kart part is clearly teasing Mario Kart: Super Royale where 24 karts get dumped onto Rainbow Road and whoever makes it to the end without falling off wins. Also speed is now 300cc to encourage falling off the course, and all courses will feature open sides. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, Peach definitely has that Disney look to her. She reminds me of the art style of like Frozen or Tangled, and although I'd like to think it was on purpose to make her resemble a Disney princess look slightly because she's a princess herself and the animators thought it'd be funny to make that visual reference, there's probably nothing to it other than that's just how she coincidentally looks. It's not as bad in motion as it is seeing still images of her though.

I agree with your thought on Mario as well @Dragon Lord; sometimes I find it looks off somehow in the face but I can never quite figure out what it is and usually just end up giving up on thinking about it further. LOL

And that Mario Kart part is clearly teasing Mario Kart: Super Royale where 24 karts get dumped onto Rainbow Road and whoever makes it to the end without falling off wins. Also speed is now 300cc to encourage falling off the course, and all courses will feature open sides. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The Super Mario Bros. Movie | New Movie Clip

Didn't even know this was out a few days ago and just encase anyone missed this, Illumination released another trailer for the movie which was apparently at Game Awards, a clip of the Mushroom Kingdom near Princess Peach's Castle and Mario's reaction encountering it all for the first time.

I actually didn't mind Pratt at all here, I just wasn't fazed at all even if it's still the type of voice we've heard up till now. Loving the environment, all the references and how they get around the Kingdom.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
The Super Mario Bros. Movie | New Movie Clip

Didn't even know this was out a few days ago and just encase anyone missed this, Illumination released another trailer for the movie which was apparently at Game Awards, a clip of the Mushroom Kingdom near Princess Peach's Castle and Mario's reaction encountering it all for the first time.

I actually didn't mind Pratt at all here, I just wasn't fazed at all even if it's still the type of voice we've heard up till now. Loving the environment, all the references and how they get around the Kingdom.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've mostly started to ignore Mario's voice at this point because there's no point continuing to focus on it. Especially when so much of the other stuff we've seen so far is actually really well done, particularly in the most recent footage you shared EL because Illumination did a really good job of integrating the video-gamey stuff of the Mario franchise into the world without it feeling too forced or out of place. Pratt's performance aside it's clear the movie has a lot of care put into it and hasn't really given me any reason to expect something awful as of yet.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've mostly started to ignore Mario's voice at this point because there's no point continuing to focus on it. Especially when so much of the other stuff we've seen so far is actually really well done, particularly in the most recent footage you shared EL because Illumination did a really good job of integrating the video-gamey stuff of the Mario franchise into the world without it feeling too forced or out of place. Pratt's performance aside it's clear the movie has a lot of care put into it and hasn't really given me any reason to expect something awful as of yet.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Super Mario Bros. Movie Official Poster Revealed
Nintendo have just revealed the official poster for The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and it features the most ruthless villain in all of Mario; the Blue Shell (Koopa).

[Image: FoEvbcSaYAMvqPF?format=jpg]

Looks pretty neat, and when I first saw it on my Twitter feed I thought it was something for one of the Mario + Rabbids games because it gives off a vibe similar to the Sparks of Hope box art. But man, with all the effort Illumination is putting into this movie I really hope it turns out good despite Pratt's iffy performance as Mario from what we've heard so far. I also didn't realize that this video from a few days ago actually had new stuff in it; I thought it was footage we'd already seen of just the Mario vs. Donkey Kong fight.

Rogan sounds okay as Donkey Kong; can't really comment on Mario at all when all he says is "meow".

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Super Mario Bros. Movie Official Poster Revealed
Nintendo have just revealed the official poster for The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and it features the most ruthless villain in all of Mario; the Blue Shell (Koopa).

[Image: FoEvbcSaYAMvqPF?format=jpg]

Looks pretty neat, and when I first saw it on my Twitter feed I thought it was something for one of the Mario + Rabbids games because it gives off a vibe similar to the Sparks of Hope box art. But man, with all the effort Illumination is putting into this movie I really hope it turns out good despite Pratt's iffy performance as Mario from what we've heard so far. I also didn't realize that this video from a few days ago actually had new stuff in it; I thought it was footage we'd already seen of just the Mario vs. Donkey Kong fight.

Rogan sounds okay as Donkey Kong; can't really comment on Mario at all when all he says is "meow".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie Series) | Sonic 3 Logo Reveal Moonface 54 17,915 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,526 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL