Favourite Game Development Stories?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was just in the car with @ShiraNoMai driving home from getting breakfast and I brought up Burnout 3 because the subject of tankers exploding came up and that game has tankers that can explode in it. Anyway, while talking about the game to her I recalled and shared the fact that the takedown feature in the game was added late in development and only one track (Downtown) was actually designed with the takedown feature in mind. Every other track was designed before the takedown feature was thought of and put into the game, which is why they feel more like the style of track the two games before it had whereas the Downtown track is glaringly different. I forget where and when I learned that but I've always liked knowing that little fact.

So what game development stories do you really like or just found interesting to learn about? Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was just in the car with @ShiraNoMai driving home from getting breakfast and I brought up Burnout 3 because the subject of tankers exploding came up and that game has tankers that can explode in it. Anyway, while talking about the game to her I recalled and shared the fact that the takedown feature in the game was added late in development and only one track (Downtown) was actually designed with the takedown feature in mind. Every other track was designed before the takedown feature was thought of and put into the game, which is why they feel more like the style of track the two games before it had whereas the Downtown track is glaringly different. I forget where and when I learned that but I've always liked knowing that little fact.

So what game development stories do you really like or just found interesting to learn about? Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favourite Death/Kill Animations? Moonface 3 778 Apr 20th, 2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Favourite/Memorable Cutscenes? Moonface 3 370 Mar 28th, 2024, 09:44 PM
  Favourite Lines in Games? Moonface 14 2,565 Dec 30th, 2023, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  Live Action Zelda Movie in Development Moonface 9 656 Nov 17th, 2023, 05:51 PM
  Game Characters That Had Good Development? Moonface 17 3,129 Oct 7th, 2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25