Latest "Notable" Purchase
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
(Dec 12th, 2022, 11:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Dec 10th, 2022, 11:02 PM)BigUltraXCI Wrote:
At the end of last month I finally purchased the Xbox Series S.
Did you get any games with it too, or are you planning to play most games you want through Game Pass? Smile
Just GamePass games. Once I get a PS5, the XBSs will be my secondary console.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Did you get any games with it too, or are you planning to play most games you want through Game Pass? Smile
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 13th, 2022, 06:31 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I have no idea, haha. I'm sure I have a few games that are capable of running at 4K, though I'd have to look. As I mentioned in the gaming purchases topic, I did order the PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima, so maybe that's one? I hope so, I bet that game would be breathtaking in 4K on an OLED TV.
I might be wrong (my knowledge on 4K stuff isn't great due to lack of needing to know) but I think you also have to have a certain type of HDMI cable that's capable of transmitting 4K quality. When I was looking at the graphic options for God of War Ragnarok one of them said it required a particular type of HDMI (not that it mattered to me since I didn't have a TV capable of that setting anyway).

(Dec 13th, 2022, 05:05 PM)BigUltraXCI Wrote:
Good luck on getting a PS5! Any particular games you're itching to play first once you get Game Pass?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 13th, 2022, 06:31 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I have no idea, haha. I'm sure I have a few games that are capable of running at 4K, though I'd have to look. As I mentioned in the gaming purchases topic, I did order the PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima, so maybe that's one? I hope so, I bet that game would be breathtaking in 4K on an OLED TV.
I might be wrong (my knowledge on 4K stuff isn't great due to lack of needing to know) but I think you also have to have a certain type of HDMI cable that's capable of transmitting 4K quality. When I was looking at the graphic options for God of War Ragnarok one of them said it required a particular type of HDMI (not that it mattered to me since I didn't have a TV capable of that setting anyway).

Good luck on getting a PS5! Any particular games you're itching to play first once you get Game Pass?
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Dec 13th, 2022, 10:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I've had GamePass since I got the console at the end of last month. Mostly Halo and Gears. I've also enjoyed Flight Simulator. Pretty much Xbox exclusives.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Dec 13th, 2022, 10:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I've had GamePass since I got the console at the end of last month. Mostly Halo and Gears. I've also enjoyed Flight Simulator. Pretty much Xbox exclusives.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"WrestleRacer91": Ah, didn't realise you had already been using the service. LOL
If you're interested in a survival type game, I'd suggest checking out Grounded. It looks like a really neat game if you're into that sort of game. Wink

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"WrestleRacer91": Ah, didn't realise you had already been using the service. LOL
If you're interested in a survival type game, I'd suggest checking out Grounded. It looks like a really neat game if you're into that sort of game. Wink
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Dec 13th, 2022, 11:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have that on my radar of games to check out and play. Smile
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Dec 13th, 2022, 11:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have that on my radar of games to check out and play. Smile
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
@Moonface - Yeah, I'll need an HDMI 2.1 cable to make the absolute most out of it... which I believe I do have, but I might just buy another one just in case, because I'd really hate to have the TV arrive, get it all set up, only to realize I was mistaken and don't have the right cable, haha.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
@Moonface - Yeah, I'll need an HDMI 2.1 cable to make the absolute most out of it... which I believe I do have, but I might just buy another one just in case, because I'd really hate to have the TV arrive, get it all set up, only to realize I was mistaken and don't have the right cable, haha.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
GG on your nice TV, DL! I hope it arrives safely. You have a soundbar and such right? Can't have a great PB&J sandwich with superb peanut butter and only mediocre jelly. LOL

My latest notable purchase (which has completely fucked up my financial situation...) was a paint job of the entire first floor of my house. It needed doing and the price we got for it was immensely good. Just...ugh, house stuff is always so god damn pricey.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
GG on your nice TV, DL! I hope it arrives safely. You have a soundbar and such right? Can't have a great PB&J sandwich with superb peanut butter and only mediocre jelly. LOL

My latest notable purchase (which has completely fucked up my financial situation...) was a paint job of the entire first floor of my house. It needed doing and the price we got for it was immensely good. Just...ugh, house stuff is always so god damn pricey.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 15th, 2022, 04:11 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
She says this as if our financial situation hasn't been living out this scenario for the entirety of 2022:

[Image: homeless-squidward.gif]

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 15th, 2022, 04:11 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
She says this as if our financial situation hasn't been living out this scenario for the entirety of 2022:

[Image: homeless-squidward.gif]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I do not have a sound bar. I tend to use headphones when I game. I have the matching wireless headsets for both my PS4 and PS5 (I don't remember what the PS4 one is called, but the PS5 one is called Pulse or something like. Those 3D audio wireless headphones you can see on PlayStation's website). So I don't have much need for a soundbar. Or I'm watching a stream/listening to music via my PC, so I don't hear the TV audio anyways.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I do not have a sound bar. I tend to use headphones when I game. I have the matching wireless headsets for both my PS4 and PS5 (I don't remember what the PS4 one is called, but the PS5 one is called Pulse or something like. Those 3D audio wireless headphones you can see on PlayStation's website). So I don't have much need for a soundbar. Or I'm watching a stream/listening to music via my PC, so I don't hear the TV audio anyways.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 16th, 2022, 11:30 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'm curious what game you'd have on the TV where you wouldn't need to hear the audio. Whenever I've tried to play a game on mute I struggle not having the sound prompts. XD

Most recent notable purchase I made was this wood carving set for my printmaking class: https://www.woodcraft.com/products/shinw...et-5-piece
What sucks is I didn't consider checking for this set on Amazon, where it's apparently half the price. Doh
I just hope the tools turn up before my class on Thursday because I need them for that day. D=

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 16th, 2022, 11:30 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'm curious what game you'd have on the TV where you wouldn't need to hear the audio. Whenever I've tried to play a game on mute I struggle not having the sound prompts. XD

Most recent notable purchase I made was this wood carving set for my printmaking class: https://www.woodcraft.com/products/shinw...et-5-piece
What sucks is I didn't consider checking for this set on Amazon, where it's apparently half the price. Doh
I just hope the tools turn up before my class on Thursday because I need them for that day. D=
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
A new chess course, called "Middlegame Masterclass".

Hopefully, I'll use it to cut out some of my mistakes (but more realistically, I'll probably just end up finding new ones to make!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
A new chess course, called "Middlegame Masterclass".

Hopefully, I'll use it to cut out some of my mistakes (but more realistically, I'll probably just end up finding new ones to make!)
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Razer - Ornata Chroma Wired Gaming Mecha-Membrane Keyboard with RGB Back Lighting

I bought this for no other reason than because Best Buy is selling it for extremely cheap right now. KEKW
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Razer - Ornata Chroma Wired Gaming Mecha-Membrane Keyboard with RGB Back Lighting

I bought this for no other reason than because Best Buy is selling it for extremely cheap right now. KEKW
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2023, 04:26 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Including the ones you've purchased such as this and that other one that we've been talking about a bit in the "Keyboards/Mice/Controllers" thread, how many keyboards do you own at this point?! XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2023, 04:26 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Including the ones you've purchased such as this and that other one that we've been talking about a bit in the "Keyboards/Mice/Controllers" thread, how many keyboards do you own at this point?! XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Once they all arrive, I will have four keyboards total.

My current one (Corsair K100), the Wooting 2 HE, the Razer one I just bought for shits and giggles, and then the crappy keyboard that came with my PC from CyberPower, which I have hooked up to my laptop right now. Thankfully I'll be able to get rid of that one after the Razer one arrives in a few days, because it sucks to type on.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Once they all arrive, I will have four keyboards total.

My current one (Corsair K100), the Wooting 2 HE, the Razer one I just bought for shits and giggles, and then the crappy keyboard that came with my PC from CyberPower, which I have hooked up to my laptop right now. Thankfully I'll be able to get rid of that one after the Razer one arrives in a few days, because it sucks to type on.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Got myself this when I went to the Ren Faire this past weekend and stopped by a pewter metal shop:

[Image: Hk86BMr.jpg]

Check out what the "Cat Dragon(dragged in)" Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Got myself this when I went to the Ren Faire this past weekend and stopped by a pewter metal shop:

[Image: Hk86BMr.jpg]

Check out what the "Cat Dragon(dragged in)" Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Notable/Celebrity Deaths | Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" character designer Moonface 228 46,686 Mar 18th, 2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Moonface