Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
...jol--SHADDAP

*ahem* I mean the time this year has flown by and it's less than 4 days until the big celebration before the year ends. Surely decorations are up in your home by now, or there are plenty in your area to know of the occasion. Got a tree up, no matter how big or small? Got presents ready or got some last minute shopping to do? Whatever's going on, hope it all works out in the end.

I can be a bit of a grump leading up to it and quite possibly on the day. Certainly enjoyed Christmas when I was a kid, was amplified even more with both my siblings and a second Christmas on Boxing Day at my Dad's side as they had such a homely house with a fireplace and big tree. Now I'd just prefer to treat it as another day but slightly special to spend time with my family I guess. If I had my own kids or perhaps a partner I'd definitely feel differently. It's still a good day once it's over with (unless something catastrophic happens).

This year I have gifts bought, but yet to be wrapped so I have to get on that soon, then I'll be fully ready for the day to commence....once I supply all the punters with their produce. The amount sold today, I'd think that's everyone and no one will be back for the next three days but low behold there's more and more people coming in, especially the late comers on the Eve asking "do you have any [ITEM] in stock" and we're "Yes the last few days we did, where were you??!!" *shot* I take it all back, I like our stock to be huge and have lots to do, just as long as it's only my department I'm working on.  Glare That's enough from me.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
...jol--SHADDAP

*ahem* I mean the time this year has flown by and it's less than 4 days until the big celebration before the year ends. Surely decorations are up in your home by now, or there are plenty in your area to know of the occasion. Got a tree up, no matter how big or small? Got presents ready or got some last minute shopping to do? Whatever's going on, hope it all works out in the end.

I can be a bit of a grump leading up to it and quite possibly on the day. Certainly enjoyed Christmas when I was a kid, was amplified even more with both my siblings and a second Christmas on Boxing Day at my Dad's side as they had such a homely house with a fireplace and big tree. Now I'd just prefer to treat it as another day but slightly special to spend time with my family I guess. If I had my own kids or perhaps a partner I'd definitely feel differently. It's still a good day once it's over with (unless something catastrophic happens).

This year I have gifts bought, but yet to be wrapped so I have to get on that soon, then I'll be fully ready for the day to commence....once I supply all the punters with their produce. The amount sold today, I'd think that's everyone and no one will be back for the next three days but low behold there's more and more people coming in, especially the late comers on the Eve asking "do you have any [ITEM] in stock" and we're "Yes the last few days we did, where were you??!!" *shot* I take it all back, I like our stock to be huge and have lots to do, just as long as it's only my department I'm working on.  Glare That's enough from me.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 21st, 2022, 10:37 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Surely decorations are up in your home by now, or there are plenty in your area to know of the occasion. Got a tree up, no matter how big or small? Got presents ready or got some last minute shopping to do? Whatever's going on, hope it all works out in the end.
Yikes Monkas Suffer Nooo to everything here. Absolutely all of it. If not for a housewarming party on the 28th I wouldn't actually bother with decorations at this point but I'm obliged to do it now for visitors. Rolleyes

Christmas got a spark back for me when I moved to the US mostly because I get to experience it with people I hadn't ever done so with before, and Shira's drastically different handling of gifts compared to my parents adds excitement back into unwrapping gifts for me. My parents share a similar sentiment to you though in that it's basically another day and would probably only be a special thing now if we're visiting each other for it or if I ever leave a grandkid on their doorstep and have them deal with it for two weeks. Whistle

I can't really tell if my spirit for Christmas is low this year because I genuinely don't care much this year, or the lack of decorations and a tree in the house prevents the mood and atmosphere from building up. Maybe I'll find out if I can drag myself to the closet and pull out all the bodies decorations and the tree to put them up tonight.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Surely decorations are up in your home by now, or there are plenty in your area to know of the occasion. Got a tree up, no matter how big or small? Got presents ready or got some last minute shopping to do? Whatever's going on, hope it all works out in the end.
Yikes Monkas Suffer Nooo to everything here. Absolutely all of it. If not for a housewarming party on the 28th I wouldn't actually bother with decorations at this point but I'm obliged to do it now for visitors. Rolleyes

Christmas got a spark back for me when I moved to the US mostly because I get to experience it with people I hadn't ever done so with before, and Shira's drastically different handling of gifts compared to my parents adds excitement back into unwrapping gifts for me. My parents share a similar sentiment to you though in that it's basically another day and would probably only be a special thing now if we're visiting each other for it or if I ever leave a grandkid on their doorstep and have them deal with it for two weeks. Whistle

I can't really tell if my spirit for Christmas is low this year because I genuinely don't care much this year, or the lack of decorations and a tree in the house prevents the mood and atmosphere from building up. Maybe I'll find out if I can drag myself to the closet and pull out all the bodies decorations and the tree to put them up tonight.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I'd think a different area with different people could change an outlook for Christmas. I'd probably be the same a bit and have some excitement return for me, but I'm not looking for any so I'm fine with it at the moment.

Haha, yeah I had no part of decorating this year, I just got it down from our loft and let my mum and sister put whatever they wanted up. If it were up to me, I may have done it as late as today too or if I were expecting visitors before/on the day, but only a minimal amount. Don't have to go mad, just a tree and a couple other things perhaps if I were in charge. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I'd think a different area with different people could change an outlook for Christmas. I'd probably be the same a bit and have some excitement return for me, but I'm not looking for any so I'm fine with it at the moment.

Haha, yeah I had no part of decorating this year, I just got it down from our loft and let my mum and sister put whatever they wanted up. If it were up to me, I may have done it as late as today too or if I were expecting visitors before/on the day, but only a minimal amount. Don't have to go mad, just a tree and a couple other things perhaps if I were in charge. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Merry Christmas eve everyone! My house isn't decorated thsi year either ;u; I kinda feel like the holiday kinda snuck up on me.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Merry Christmas eve everyone! My house isn't decorated thsi year either ;u; I kinda feel like the holiday kinda snuck up on me.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did anyone here decorate for Christmas? So far it's either someone else did it in the house or nobody did it. XD

Anyways, it's 12:12am here which means I can be the first to say...

Wow Wow MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Wow Wow 

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did anyone here decorate for Christmas? So far it's either someone else did it in the house or nobody did it. XD

Anyways, it's 12:12am here which means I can be the first to say...

Wow Wow MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Wow Wow 
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Merry Christmas everyone! Smile
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Merry Christmas everyone! Smile
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Merry Christmas everyone...and a very happy new year!
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Merry Christmas everyone...and a very happy new year!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yup, Merry Christams to all! May everyone have a joyous and relaxing day.  =3
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yup, Merry Christams to all! May everyone have a joyous and relaxing day.  =3
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Currently heading over to my mother-in-laws place to have breakfast and then open presents!  Grin
Did anyone open any of their presents yet? ^_^

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Currently heading over to my mother-in-laws place to have breakfast and then open presents!  Grin
Did anyone open any of their presents yet? ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My day has been pretty good. Played Genshin in the morning, my dad and family friend joined us (mum and sister) after midday, was still playing Genshin until dinner was ready though. Had a roast dinner and afters, which was some type of christmas pudding with two mince pies with cream and custard. I had a bit of custard as I'm not too keen but was still good. I washed up what I could while they went for a walk (I've been up and about at work so didn't need it), watched the King's speech, opened presents, had some snacks, played Scrabble with four players (I won, naturally) and our game of cards.

My presents have been just right, which is great. Grin

Three albums, expecting one more;
-Battle Beast's No More Hollywood Endings (I got this so my mum had something to give, she got me other stuff below)
-Mike Oldfield's Tr3sLunas
-Mike Oldfield's The Songs of Distant Earth
Food (2 Mini Cheddars tubs, chocolate, Hello Panda, Shortbread, Vintage Cheddar and Gazpacho Soup)

Couple more presents when my brother and his wife visit tomorrow.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My day has been pretty good. Played Genshin in the morning, my dad and family friend joined us (mum and sister) after midday, was still playing Genshin until dinner was ready though. Had a roast dinner and afters, which was some type of christmas pudding with two mince pies with cream and custard. I had a bit of custard as I'm not too keen but was still good. I washed up what I could while they went for a walk (I've been up and about at work so didn't need it), watched the King's speech, opened presents, had some snacks, played Scrabble with four players (I won, naturally) and our game of cards.

My presents have been just right, which is great. Grin

Three albums, expecting one more;
-Battle Beast's No More Hollywood Endings (I got this so my mum had something to give, she got me other stuff below)
-Mike Oldfield's Tr3sLunas
-Mike Oldfield's The Songs of Distant Earth
Food (2 Mini Cheddars tubs, chocolate, Hello Panda, Shortbread, Vintage Cheddar and Gazpacho Soup)

Couple more presents when my brother and his wife visit tomorrow.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I hope everybody here had a merry Christmas Smile !

I got quite a bit myself - including some model railway stuff, books, chocolate, and a LEGO Formula One car (this one, so it'll take me a while to build it Tongue )
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I hope everybody here had a merry Christmas Smile !

I got quite a bit myself - including some model railway stuff, books, chocolate, and a LEGO Formula One car (this one, so it'll take me a while to build it Tongue )
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That actually sounds like a lovely day, EL. Glad you had an enjoyable time, and hope today was just as good with your brother and sister-in-law visiting Smile

Dang that LEGO set looks sick. Should take a picture and post it here when you finish it Grin

I got a couple handful of things from my Amazon wishlists (including some bottoms, a rice cooker, a couple of books), a fucking amazing set of official Super Nintendo World Yoshi charms from Moony, and a few other odd bits from my mother and others. Definitely feel a bit defeated this year by Christmas--there were many things I've wanted to do, set up, and get for others and just simply did not have the time, energy or finances to put those thoughts into action. Sad
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That actually sounds like a lovely day, EL. Glad you had an enjoyable time, and hope today was just as good with your brother and sister-in-law visiting Smile

Dang that LEGO set looks sick. Should take a picture and post it here when you finish it Grin

I got a couple handful of things from my Amazon wishlists (including some bottoms, a rice cooker, a couple of books), a fucking amazing set of official Super Nintendo World Yoshi charms from Moony, and a few other odd bits from my mother and others. Definitely feel a bit defeated this year by Christmas--there were many things I've wanted to do, set up, and get for others and just simply did not have the time, energy or finances to put those thoughts into action. Sad
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, it's the good type of LEGO model where it isn't so obvious it's LEGO with smooth/flat surfaces. Nice.

Yeah thanks, Shira. Yesterday was fine too, work in the morning which was practically dead, filled next to no stock but was clearing things from Xmas Eve and helping the mass amount of markdowns on our department. Afterwards got some bargains of Xmas snacks...mainly chocolate, then normal price of soup and cereal bars for work in the mornings. Then went home, they both arrived along with my dad who joined us again, had some party food with them, opened presents (for them and by them), played a Christmas newspaper quiz (was a group effort, wasn't competing) and some games they received. They went home, I played Genshin.

I forgot to mention we played a different, not so Christmas themed newspaper quiz on Christmas Day too, it was a "Can you beat the Chaser" with 40 questions. I was useless with 7/40, sister and dad got 9/40, friend got 11/40 and my mum got a whopping 26/40. XD (Chaser had 38/40) We all could've got more though as there was some we realised we did know after. I'm usually bad at quizzes anyway because general knowledge is not my forte and couldn't careless, I quickly did them by myself first and called out questions/answers to the others who wrote on paper.

The only thing that sucked is I felt an illness coming on where my throat kept going dry, and still got the start of it today which feels like a cold for now.

I got Chaos;Head dvd and Digital Chess Timer, two things I wanted. Grin

Yeah that's unfortunate you couldn't do everything you wanted because of those various reasons. Sad At least you got some great gifts.  =3
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, it's the good type of LEGO model where it isn't so obvious it's LEGO with smooth/flat surfaces. Nice.

Yeah thanks, Shira. Yesterday was fine too, work in the morning which was practically dead, filled next to no stock but was clearing things from Xmas Eve and helping the mass amount of markdowns on our department. Afterwards got some bargains of Xmas snacks...mainly chocolate, then normal price of soup and cereal bars for work in the mornings. Then went home, they both arrived along with my dad who joined us again, had some party food with them, opened presents (for them and by them), played a Christmas newspaper quiz (was a group effort, wasn't competing) and some games they received. They went home, I played Genshin.

I forgot to mention we played a different, not so Christmas themed newspaper quiz on Christmas Day too, it was a "Can you beat the Chaser" with 40 questions. I was useless with 7/40, sister and dad got 9/40, friend got 11/40 and my mum got a whopping 26/40. XD (Chaser had 38/40) We all could've got more though as there was some we realised we did know after. I'm usually bad at quizzes anyway because general knowledge is not my forte and couldn't careless, I quickly did them by myself first and called out questions/answers to the others who wrote on paper.

The only thing that sucked is I felt an illness coming on where my throat kept going dry, and still got the start of it today which feels like a cold for now.

I got Chaos;Head dvd and Digital Chess Timer, two things I wanted. Grin

Yeah that's unfortunate you couldn't do everything you wanted because of those various reasons. Sad At least you got some great gifts.  =3
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I got a very nice weighted blanket (something I had talked about wanting to get for a while), a pizza cutter that's one of those big blades instead of the small circular ones (something else I've talked about wanting to get for a while), and this little metal picture thing that's a human hand a cat paw fist bumping each other. My mother got that last one for me because it reminded her so much of me and my cat Eli. I'll raise my hand to him and say "give me paw" and sometimes he'll put his paw on my fist, so she said she had to get that for me when she saw it, haha.

I won't have a chance to get to my sister's to see them for Christmas for probably another week or two, so not sure if I'll have anything from them waiting for me.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I got a very nice weighted blanket (something I had talked about wanting to get for a while), a pizza cutter that's one of those big blades instead of the small circular ones (something else I've talked about wanting to get for a while), and this little metal picture thing that's a human hand a cat paw fist bumping each other. My mother got that last one for me because it reminded her so much of me and my cat Eli. I'll raise my hand to him and say "give me paw" and sometimes he'll put his paw on my fist, so she said she had to get that for me when she saw it, haha.

I won't have a chance to get to my sister's to see them for Christmas for probably another week or two, so not sure if I'll have anything from them waiting for me.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I honestly had one of the worst Decembers ever. There was something major every week, including Christmas eve/Christmas day.

I was beginning to type it all up, but I'm deciding to just leave it in the past. Here's to hoping the 2023 Holiday season treats me better! Grin
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I honestly had one of the worst Decembers ever. There was something major every week, including Christmas eve/Christmas day.

I was beginning to type it all up, but I'm deciding to just leave it in the past. Here's to hoping the 2023 Holiday season treats me better! Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spotify Wrapped/Your Top Songs of 2022 ShiraNoMai 15 2,963 Jan 13th, 2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  2022: Hopes, Wishes, Dreams, Realities ShiraNoMai 13 2,488 Aug 18th, 2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  April Fools 2022 Moonface 4 1,290 Apr 7th, 2022, 03:17 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai