Superhero movies?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Do you watch superhero movies?

Why or why not?

What is your favorite superhero movie of all time?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Do you watch superhero movies?

Why or why not?

What is your favorite superhero movie of all time?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
There's already a thread dedicated to the MCU films, but as this is for general superhero films I'll continue.

For movies, used to. Not sure if I will watch any more, well there is one possibility which I'll mention soon. For a brief summary of my experience of MCU, I haven't watched all, just some of Phase 1-3 and stopped at Endgame, that was a good finish with Infinity War being the best out of the ones I watched, also possibly my most favourite. Phase 4+ I do not care for. As it is within the MCU I also watched Agents of Shield but up to the 3rd season, also stopped there. Anything else TV related I wasn't interested in.

DCEU for the live action movies I watched the three Christian Bale Batman films, Aquaman and Man Of Steel. Aware of the Justice League film but not watched it fully, just main parts like fights. No longer have interest in those live-action films too.

More live-action I've seen Deadpool & Deadpool 2, X-Men 1, X2, Last Stand, The Wolverine and Logan. I might watch the upcoming new Deadpool film that'll include Hugh Jackman returning as Wolverine, but not 100% sure on that. Logan was such a good send-off for Jackman, but do enjoy Reynolds as Deadpool since the travesty of the character in Origins, wait what movie? Plus already the chemistry Reynolds and Jackman have had off-set/YouTube so I expect more of that there, but they're playing their respective characters instead. XD Also I've watched some slightly older live-action Batman films from the 1989 to Batman & Robin. They were fine. Ah, also Hancock with Will Smith, did enjoy that one.

Anyway, to animated films, watched Superman/Batman: Apocalypse which was an insanely good movie, DC can really make them as opposed to live-action. Incredibles 1 & 2, both great. Betting there's some more animated ones I've forgotten though. Well, I used to read Captain Underpants back when I was younger but not watched the film, perhaps I will someday.

The reason that I've kind of fallen off superheroes is quite frankly there's just so much to consume and it got way too ridiculous with what the MCU were doing, don't get me started on the amount of rehashing, remaking, restarting and watching the same type of story for the same character we've had for generations. It's good for a ride temporarily, plus getting younger audiences interested or current film-making skills in use, but I think I've had my share already and simply don't want any more of it. Well for Marvel and DC anyway.

That being said though, I have been watching Invincible and The Boys, and although they do feature characters with similar abilities to well-known characters, the take is just different enough for me to be invested. After they're finished though, anything else related to superheroes in the future has a bleak chance to grab my attention.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
There's already a thread dedicated to the MCU films, but as this is for general superhero films I'll continue.

For movies, used to. Not sure if I will watch any more, well there is one possibility which I'll mention soon. For a brief summary of my experience of MCU, I haven't watched all, just some of Phase 1-3 and stopped at Endgame, that was a good finish with Infinity War being the best out of the ones I watched, also possibly my most favourite. Phase 4+ I do not care for. As it is within the MCU I also watched Agents of Shield but up to the 3rd season, also stopped there. Anything else TV related I wasn't interested in.

DCEU for the live action movies I watched the three Christian Bale Batman films, Aquaman and Man Of Steel. Aware of the Justice League film but not watched it fully, just main parts like fights. No longer have interest in those live-action films too.

More live-action I've seen Deadpool & Deadpool 2, X-Men 1, X2, Last Stand, The Wolverine and Logan. I might watch the upcoming new Deadpool film that'll include Hugh Jackman returning as Wolverine, but not 100% sure on that. Logan was such a good send-off for Jackman, but do enjoy Reynolds as Deadpool since the travesty of the character in Origins, wait what movie? Plus already the chemistry Reynolds and Jackman have had off-set/YouTube so I expect more of that there, but they're playing their respective characters instead. XD Also I've watched some slightly older live-action Batman films from the 1989 to Batman & Robin. They were fine. Ah, also Hancock with Will Smith, did enjoy that one.

Anyway, to animated films, watched Superman/Batman: Apocalypse which was an insanely good movie, DC can really make them as opposed to live-action. Incredibles 1 & 2, both great. Betting there's some more animated ones I've forgotten though. Well, I used to read Captain Underpants back when I was younger but not watched the film, perhaps I will someday.

The reason that I've kind of fallen off superheroes is quite frankly there's just so much to consume and it got way too ridiculous with what the MCU were doing, don't get me started on the amount of rehashing, remaking, restarting and watching the same type of story for the same character we've had for generations. It's good for a ride temporarily, plus getting younger audiences interested or current film-making skills in use, but I think I've had my share already and simply don't want any more of it. Well for Marvel and DC anyway.

That being said though, I have been watching Invincible and The Boys, and although they do feature characters with similar abilities to well-known characters, the take is just different enough for me to be invested. After they're finished though, anything else related to superheroes in the future has a bleak chance to grab my attention.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The most I've ever gotten into superhero movies is with the MCU, but like @Mr EliteL I've completely lost interest in it after Endgame, mostly due to the oversaturation of MCU stuff because if there's not a movie airing then it's a D+ show instead. There's just no time to breathe and actually look forward to MCU content because of it.

Outside of Marvel, I enjoyed the Dark Knight trilogy and I think it's the only good thing DC has produced as far as movies go, and I also saw Man of Steel but I'm rather indifferent about that.

Blade as a trilogy is just good fun and I always liked that one as a kid.

The Incredible's and Big Hero 6 are both great superhero movies from Disney, but for me the best animated superhero movie is easily Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Not even in just the story but I just adore the animation in that movie. ^_^

Trying to think of other superhero movies I really enjoyed but I can't remember them all and any Google searches for lists just gives me either MCU, or if I tell it to not do MCU I just get a million Batman and Superman movies. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The most I've ever gotten into superhero movies is with the MCU, but like @Mr EliteL I've completely lost interest in it after Endgame, mostly due to the oversaturation of MCU stuff because if there's not a movie airing then it's a D+ show instead. There's just no time to breathe and actually look forward to MCU content because of it.

Outside of Marvel, I enjoyed the Dark Knight trilogy and I think it's the only good thing DC has produced as far as movies go, and I also saw Man of Steel but I'm rather indifferent about that.

Blade as a trilogy is just good fun and I always liked that one as a kid.

The Incredible's and Big Hero 6 are both great superhero movies from Disney, but for me the best animated superhero movie is easily Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Not even in just the story but I just adore the animation in that movie. ^_^

Trying to think of other superhero movies I really enjoyed but I can't remember them all and any Google searches for lists just gives me either MCU, or if I tell it to not do MCU I just get a million Batman and Superman movies. ROFL
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Of course I watch them. I see everything that comes out! Grin

Favorite of all time? Hmmm Probably any of the Spiderman movies, always like those the most.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Of course I watch them. I see everything that comes out! Grin

Favorite of all time? Hmmm Probably any of the Spiderman movies, always like those the most.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Superhero costumes? Nebulous 3 630 Feb 27th, 2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Nebulous
  Upcoming Movies 2021 Dragon Lord 13 4,455 Oct 9th, 2021, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Disney/Pixar Movies Moonface 17 10,382 Jan 31st, 2021, 02:49 PM
  Let's enhance our favorite movies! Nightingale 1 2,989 Sep 28th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Live Action Movies Moonface 2 3,069 Jul 29th, 2019, 05:07 PM