Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Four-Part Documentary Available Now
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Launches Early 2024
During today's Summer Game Fest presentation a new trailer was shown for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, the next game in the Final Fantasy VII Remake trilogy:

Furthermore, the game will be releasing in Early 2024 only on PlayStation 5, and will be on two discs.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Launches Early 2024
During today's Summer Game Fest presentation a new trailer was shown for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, the next game in the Final Fantasy VII Remake trilogy:

Furthermore, the game will be releasing in Early 2024 only on PlayStation 5, and will be on two discs.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, two discs, slight nostalgia coming back from when games used to require two discs. Did Part 1 have two discs, I forget? This is looking huge, haven't seen it yet on max resolution, but the visuals are looking brilliant. Know lots of people are hype, well was watching Maximilian during the conference plus his viewers were, heck I was too. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, two discs, slight nostalgia coming back from when games used to require two discs. Did Part 1 have two discs, I forget? This is looking huge, haven't seen it yet on max resolution, but the visuals are looking brilliant. Know lots of people are hype, well was watching Maximilian during the conference plus his viewers were, heck I was too. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Part 1 did have two discs, but a lot of games at the end of the last generation were moving to two discs due to file sizes. The SSD's in current gen consoles were supposed to help in bringing file sizes down by not requiring assets to be repeated in the game files as the SSD would have read speeds fast enough to just pull from the one location, unlike HDD's that were too slow to do that hence the need to repeat asset files.

The fact this game needs two discs and this early into the current gen makes me wonder if the game is genuinely huge, or if SE just couldn't be bothered to optimize the game files. My bet is on the latter.

That aside, this game looks ridiculously stunning. Sucks that it might require playing through the side campaign that got added to Remake later down the line given the inclusion of the girl from it, but hopefully it doesn't.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Part 1 did have two discs, but a lot of games at the end of the last generation were moving to two discs due to file sizes. The SSD's in current gen consoles were supposed to help in bringing file sizes down by not requiring assets to be repeated in the game files as the SSD would have read speeds fast enough to just pull from the one location, unlike HDD's that were too slow to do that hence the need to repeat asset files.

The fact this game needs two discs and this early into the current gen makes me wonder if the game is genuinely huge, or if SE just couldn't be bothered to optimize the game files. My bet is on the latter.

That aside, this game looks ridiculously stunning. Sucks that it might require playing through the side campaign that got added to Remake later down the line given the inclusion of the girl from it, but hopefully it doesn't.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It does look freakin' gorgeous. They're bringing to life the parts of the game I remember the most (I played with a friend at their house, but really only remember the outside Midgar stuff) and it really looks like how I'd imagine it would.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It does look freakin' gorgeous. They're bringing to life the parts of the game I remember the most (I played with a friend at their house, but really only remember the outside Midgar stuff) and it really looks like how I'd imagine it would.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Rewatched the trailer, I genuinely forgot all about watching it. Having been rewatching the OG on a stream, I recognize a lot of the scenes remade, like Cloud telling his story of Sephiroth (which, I wonder if we get to play it like in the OG), and what looks to be the Jenova fight post Aerith death.

I wonder if this slice is all they've done, or what else they'll include in this part. Like, we're still on Disc 1 content on this second part of this reboot/reimagining, out of 3 whole discs. These cuts are showing more of the plot-heavy parts but we'll we be seeing dumb shit like the snowboarding, or the digging for the Lunar Harp. I guess they do show what looks to be the Chocobo racing scenes but ;shrug:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Rewatched the trailer, I genuinely forgot all about watching it. Having been rewatching the OG on a stream, I recognize a lot of the scenes remade, like Cloud telling his story of Sephiroth (which, I wonder if we get to play it like in the OG), and what looks to be the Jenova fight post Aerith death.

I wonder if this slice is all they've done, or what else they'll include in this part. Like, we're still on Disc 1 content on this second part of this reboot/reimagining, out of 3 whole discs. These cuts are showing more of the plot-heavy parts but we'll we be seeing dumb shit like the snowboarding, or the digging for the Lunar Harp. I guess they do show what looks to be the Chocobo racing scenes but ;shrug:
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Release Date Trailer
A brand-new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth during today's State of Play has announced that the game will release for PlayStation 5 on February 29, 2024.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Release Date Trailer
A brand-new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth during today's State of Play has announced that the game will release for PlayStation 5 on February 29, 2024.

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Oooooh we get to fight with Sephiroth on our party. Also, Yuffie, Vincent, and Cait Sith: can we just pass on him? And um, where's CId???? He should be in this trailer?? Feels weird not seeing him. Maybe he'll be in the next segment of the game, but I feel like he's missing from this hunk of the game somehow.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Oooooh we get to fight with Sephiroth on our party. Also, Yuffie, Vincent, and Cait Sith: can we just pass on him? And um, where's CId???? He should be in this trailer?? Feels weird not seeing him. Maybe he'll be in the next segment of the game, but I feel like he's missing from this hunk of the game somehow.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah Cid and Shera being excluded is a strange choice. They did like, avoid that whole segment so far so it's either in another trailer or in the last part of the game (especially considering the ending sequence of 7).

Also you got to fight alongside Sephiroth in 7, in the flashbacks where Cloud is in soldier training and he goes out on missions with Seph. You're like, a level 1 noob that gets one shot in every battle, meanwhile Sephiroth one shots the enemies you encounter ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah Cid and Shera being excluded is a strange choice. They did like, avoid that whole segment so far so it's either in another trailer or in the last part of the game (especially considering the ending sequence of 7).

Also you got to fight alongside Sephiroth in 7, in the flashbacks where Cloud is in soldier training and he goes out on missions with Seph. You're like, a level 1 noob that gets one shot in every battle, meanwhile Sephiroth one shots the enemies you encounter ROFL
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I thought finding Cid was a spoiler? More so since he comes with an airship that the party uses through most of the rest of the title. lol
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I thought finding Cid was a spoiler? More so since he comes with an airship that the party uses through most of the rest of the title. lol
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if any of the characters from Part 1 that died in the original game but not in the Remake will show up in this part at all. I would hope they actually get utilized somehow (if not this part then for Part 3) otherwise changing their fates for the Remake would be rather pointless. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if any of the characters from Part 1 that died in the original game but not in the Remake will show up in this part at all. I would hope they actually get utilized somehow (if not this part then for Part 3) otherwise changing their fates for the Remake would be rather pointless. Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
It just feels odd not seeing ANYTHING in any trailer or media anywhere about Cid and Shera. They should both be somewhere in all the media, more so since we see Vincent and Yuffie. Though I have heard rumors that like Red13, Vincent isn't a playable character yet.  Eh
Yep, this twitter post confirms Cid isn't playable. smh

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
It just feels odd not seeing ANYTHING in any trailer or media anywhere about Cid and Shera. They should both be somewhere in all the media, more so since we see Vincent and Yuffie. Though I have heard rumors that like Red13, Vincent isn't a playable character yet.  Eh

shadow Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Moonstone Isle
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 735
(Sep 26th, 2023, 11:34 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

This is a bit of a disappointment, most people who have played the original game will wonder what the hack is going on to exclude having both Cid and Vincent available as characters. Still, it's square's call in the end.
[Image: shadow10.png]
"You best try your hardest. Or else you'll get hurt" - Shadow before fighting Emerl.
shadow Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Moonstone Isle
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 735
(Sep 26th, 2023, 11:34 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

This is a bit of a disappointment, most people who have played the original game will wonder what the hack is going on to exclude having both Cid and Vincent available as characters. Still, it's square's call in the end.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not versed in the original game but by playable does that mean they were actually the primary controllable character in the OG FF7 or that they could just be party members?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not versed in the original game but by playable does that mean they were actually the primary controllable character in the OG FF7 or that they could just be party members?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
They'd be extra party members in the game.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
They'd be extra party members in the game.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Oct 21st, 2023, 12:29 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Party members (original FF7 was turn-based with a three-member party), although Vincent is actually an optional character in the original game. You can actually go through the entirety of the game without ever getting him. Yuffie was also an optional party member in the original, and you could skip her as well (she's actually extremely easy to miss for people who don't know about her). Though of course Remake made her a more vital party of the game with Intergrade, and it seems like she'll play a much larger role in this new story line.

I have to wonder if part of the reason they're not having Cid be a playable party member is because they couldn't find a decent way to get him to play. Cid is the "Dragoon" of FFVII, a spear user who has Limit Breaks that resemble a lot of classic FF Dragoon moves (one of his LBs is literally just the Dragoon's iconic "Jump" command). Square definitely lacks the talent to make that kind of a character feel good in a more action based battle system.

Vincent could be because they didn't want to play around with his transformations.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Oct 21st, 2023, 12:29 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Party members (original FF7 was turn-based with a three-member party), although Vincent is actually an optional character in the original game. You can actually go through the entirety of the game without ever getting him. Yuffie was also an optional party member in the original, and you could skip her as well (she's actually extremely easy to miss for people who don't know about her). Though of course Remake made her a more vital party of the game with Intergrade, and it seems like she'll play a much larger role in this new story line.

I have to wonder if part of the reason they're not having Cid be a playable party member is because they couldn't find a decent way to get him to play. Cid is the "Dragoon" of FFVII, a spear user who has Limit Breaks that resemble a lot of classic FF Dragoon moves (one of his LBs is literally just the Dragoon's iconic "Jump" command). Square definitely lacks the talent to make that kind of a character feel good in a more action based battle system.

Vincent could be because they didn't want to play around with his transformations.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 216 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,592 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Last of Us Part II | Remaster Announced Moonface 70 40,528 Nov 26th, 2023, 02:40 AM
  Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Moonface 38 9,090 Jul 18th, 2022, 04:15 PM
  Final Fantasy VII Remake Moonface 82 40,068 Jun 16th, 2022, 11:33 PM