Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Square Enix Wrote:
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE veterans Tetsuya Nomura and Kazushige Nojima join forces with Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES to deliver a bold new vision for FINAL FANTASY. Get your first look at STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN. Coming to PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC in 2022.

With the memory of their struggle buried deep in their hearts...

Jack and his allies, Ash and Jed, burn with resolve to defeat Chaos as they throw open the gates to the Chaos Shrine. Yet doubts remain—are they truly the Warriors of Light the prophecy foretold? 

Step into a world of dark fantasy and revel in the exhilarating, action-packed battles!

Trial version available on PlayStation 5 until June 24th, 2021.

Intrigued by this one. Not overly feeling the design of the main character, but that's the only criticism I have for the game from what we saw. The yelling was a bit much but I don't expect that in the actual game so I'm not worrying about that for now.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Square Enix Wrote:
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE veterans Tetsuya Nomura and Kazushige Nojima join forces with Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES to deliver a bold new vision for FINAL FANTASY. Get your first look at STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN. Coming to PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC in 2022.

With the memory of their struggle buried deep in their hearts...

Jack and his allies, Ash and Jed, burn with resolve to defeat Chaos as they throw open the gates to the Chaos Shrine. Yet doubts remain—are they truly the Warriors of Light the prophecy foretold? 

Step into a world of dark fantasy and revel in the exhilarating, action-packed battles!

Trial version available on PlayStation 5 until June 24th, 2021.

Intrigued by this one. Not overly feeling the design of the main character, but that's the only criticism I have for the game from what we saw. The yelling was a bit much but I don't expect that in the actual game so I'm not worrying about that for now.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Gameplay looks like it's going to be awesome. Definitely hoping for a similar experience to Nioh in that regard.

Not really liking the party. No female characters, would have preferred a solo experience with character creation. Nice to see different weapon types/builds at least, but yeah, gonna be hard to enjoy this cast of characters.

Love the darker setting of the game. Some of those special kills the player character was doing looked brutal, and it's nice to see a Final Fantasy game with a darker vibe to it.

I'm a tad worried with Nomura being involved in the game. Hopefully the bulk of it is in the hands of Team Ninja so that Nomura doesn't have a chance to work his magic of ruining everything he touches.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Gameplay looks like it's going to be awesome. Definitely hoping for a similar experience to Nioh in that regard.

Not really liking the party. No female characters, would have preferred a solo experience with character creation. Nice to see different weapon types/builds at least, but yeah, gonna be hard to enjoy this cast of characters.

Love the darker setting of the game. Some of those special kills the player character was doing looked brutal, and it's nice to see a Final Fantasy game with a darker vibe to it.

I'm a tad worried with Nomura being involved in the game. Hopefully the bulk of it is in the hands of Team Ninja so that Nomura doesn't have a chance to work his magic of ruining everything he touches.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I did try visiting the official site to see if anymore information was on there, but it just leads to an error page. ROFL

Yeah, a character creator would've been nice for this, with either male or female voicing depending on what you want to make. I wonder if the footage was in-game for cutscenes and maybe the main character was very plain because you either can make your own, or because there's different clothing and armour options to equip and what we see is just the "naked" version of the model.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I did try visiting the official site to see if anymore information was on there, but it just leads to an error page. ROFL

Yeah, a character creator would've been nice for this, with either male or female voicing depending on what you want to make. I wonder if the footage was in-game for cutscenes and maybe the main character was very plain because you either can make your own, or because there's different clothing and armour options to equip and what we see is just the "naked" version of the model.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I don't think there's any hope for making your own character due to this:

Quote:Jack and his allies, Ash and Jed, burn with resolve to defeat Chaos as they throw open the gates to the Chaos Shrine. Yet doubts remain—are they truly the Warriors of Light the prophecy foretold? 

This confirms the party is set, and unfortunately that likely means their appearances are set. I think the only thing we can hope for is different looking armor like you'd see in the Souls games or Nioh.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I don't think there's any hope for making your own character due to this:

Quote:Jack and his allies, Ash and Jed, burn with resolve to defeat Chaos as they throw open the gates to the Chaos Shrine. Yet doubts remain—are they truly the Warriors of Light the prophecy foretold? 

This confirms the party is set, and unfortunately that likely means their appearances are set. I think the only thing we can hope for is different looking armor like you'd see in the Souls games or Nioh.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, because even if there was model customization it being tied to just a male character wouldn't go over well, especially with there being no real reason to have such a restriction. Still, a small thing in the grand scheme of how the game actually is to play. The main character could be a walking paper bag so long as it's great to play.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, because even if there was model customization it being tied to just a male character wouldn't go over well, especially with there being no real reason to have such a restriction. Still, a small thing in the grand scheme of how the game actually is to play. The main character could be a walking paper bag so long as it's great to play.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I do agree with some people around the internet that the main character is far too western macho man marine dude looking for a game set in a high fantasy setting such as FF. He looks way out of place and it just looks... terrible.

I wonder if he'll push a boulder out of his way by punching it repeatedly.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I do agree with some people around the internet that the main character is far too western macho man marine dude looking for a game set in a high fantasy setting such as FF. He looks way out of place and it just looks... terrible.

I wonder if he'll push a boulder out of his way by punching it repeatedly.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I just hope there will be an interesting story in the background and some weird things one of the appeal of the Souls type games is just the mystery and strange lore you can find throughout the games. I have yet to learn too much about Nioh, but I think it would have an interesting story to go through as you enjoy the combat.

As for characters Garlond seem interesting but the main characters I feel like its a rehash of Noctis' crew without the charm. Eh
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I just hope there will be an interesting story in the background and some weird things one of the appeal of the Souls type games is just the mystery and strange lore you can find throughout the games. I have yet to learn too much about Nioh, but I think it would have an interesting story to go through as you enjoy the combat.

As for characters Garlond seem interesting but the main characters I feel like its a rehash of Noctis' crew without the charm. Eh
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I found out why the demo doesn't work. ROFL

Also, looks like there is going to be stuff to wear, going by this promotional image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3yjctOXEAog...=4096x4096

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I found out why the demo doesn't work. ROFL

Also, looks like there is going to be stuff to wear, going by this promotional image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3yjctOXEAog...=4096x4096
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So as a positive, Square Enix gave some more information on the game and confirmed that the game will have a Job Class system, and the job you have selected will determine what weapons you can equip and will also change your attack style. So that's good to get confirmed. Was worried they might scrap the job system and just go with being able to change to different weapons.

The little bit of spear gameplay we saw in the trailer looked really nice, and if spears are as good in this game as they are in Nioh, I think I'll be going with a speawr-wielding job (assuming it'll be Dragoon).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So as a positive, Square Enix gave some more information on the game and confirmed that the game will have a Job Class system, and the job you have selected will determine what weapons you can equip and will also change your attack style. So that's good to get confirmed. Was worried they might scrap the job system and just go with being able to change to different weapons.

The little bit of spear gameplay we saw in the trailer looked really nice, and if spears are as good in this game as they are in Nioh, I think I'll be going with a speawr-wielding job (assuming it'll be Dragoon).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've not managed to watch anyone playing the demo yet (currently watching someone but literally just started watching) but I heard some impressions that said they felt this game was like Nioh with a different skin on top of it, even down to what certain enemies do. Having not seen the demo or knowing enough about Nioh I can't really comment on how accurate such claims are, but maybe you or someone else will have a better idea DL. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've not managed to watch anyone playing the demo yet (currently watching someone but literally just started watching) but I heard some impressions that said they felt this game was like Nioh with a different skin on top of it, even down to what certain enemies do. Having not seen the demo or knowing enough about Nioh I can't really comment on how accurate such claims are, but maybe you or someone else will have a better idea DL. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It definitely looks Souls-like. The job classes seem to differentiate it from the "builds" you'd find in Souls or Nioh, which is neat (I enjoy the XP system it entails with each one). I also haven't been watching for long but from what I see so far it looks fairly okay. It does come off rather dark in some areas (like, can't see levels of dark), but it overall is pretty cool to look at.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It definitely looks Souls-like. The job classes seem to differentiate it from the "builds" you'd find in Souls or Nioh, which is neat (I enjoy the XP system it entails with each one). I also haven't been watching for long but from what I see so far it looks fairly okay. It does come off rather dark in some areas (like, can't see levels of dark), but it overall is pretty cool to look at.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 16th, 2021, 01:55 AM)Moonface Wrote:
 Having not seen the demo or knowing enough about Nioh I can't really comment on how accurate such claims are, but maybe you or someone else will have a better idea DL. XD

Nioh, especially Nioh 2, has some of the absolute best combat I've ever experienced in gaming, so the more like Nioh this game is in terms of combat, the better. It just needs that ball-busting layer of difficulty that Nioh brings as well. Part of why Nioh's combat is so amazing is because of how hard the games are. It makes the combat, and overcoming enemies/bosses, extremely satisfying. 

So yeah, if this game is just Nioh with a Final Fantasy skin, then it's an absolute win. I said from the start when the game was originally leaked, I want it to be as much as like Nioh as possible, not Dark Souls.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 16th, 2021, 01:55 AM)Moonface Wrote:
 Having not seen the demo or knowing enough about Nioh I can't really comment on how accurate such claims are, but maybe you or someone else will have a better idea DL. XD

Nioh, especially Nioh 2, has some of the absolute best combat I've ever experienced in gaming, so the more like Nioh this game is in terms of combat, the better. It just needs that ball-busting layer of difficulty that Nioh brings as well. Part of why Nioh's combat is so amazing is because of how hard the games are. It makes the combat, and overcoming enemies/bosses, extremely satisfying. 

So yeah, if this game is just Nioh with a Final Fantasy skin, then it's an absolute win. I said from the start when the game was originally leaked, I want it to be as much as like Nioh as possible, not Dark Souls.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There's a new demo out for this game that lets you venture into the Refrin Wetlands:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There's a new demo out for this game that lets you venture into the Refrin Wetlands:
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Sweet. Definitely not going to miss this one.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Sweet. Definitely not going to miss this one.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I presume you didn't get to play the first demo @Dragon Lord?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I presume you didn't get to play the first demo @Dragon Lord?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Four-Part Documentary Available Now Moonface 28 2,054 Mar 29th, 2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 189 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,520 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
  Final Fantasy VII Remake Moonface 82 39,806 Jun 16th, 2022, 11:33 PM