Tekken 8 | Season 1 Trailer
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,804
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 28th, 2023, 04:06 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'm now thinking trailers will be normal until the last week where the rest (two or three) will release then, because there was only one last week and one this week, where I thought one of them could have two as an Xmas treat. Ah well. Panda should be next.
Probably depends on how Japan treats holidays when it comes to things like trailers that could be queued up on timers. Manga usually goes on a full break for the holidays but that's because the artists aren't going to be putting out work, but I also wonder if in general it just isn't really profitable/marketable to put things out in that week in Japan if everyone is viewing it as a time to not have any work stuff going on in any way.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,804 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 28th, 2023, 04:06 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'm now thinking trailers will be normal until the last week where the rest (two or three) will release then, because there was only one last week and one this week, where I thought one of them could have two as an Xmas treat. Ah well. Panda should be next.
Probably depends on how Japan treats holidays when it comes to things like trailers that could be queued up on timers. Manga usually goes on a full break for the holidays but that's because the artists aren't going to be putting out work, but I also wonder if in general it just isn't really profitable/marketable to put things out in that week in Japan if everyone is viewing it as a time to not have any work stuff going on in any way.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | "Story So Far" with Brian Cox
With the Tekken story being one of the longest running stories in any video game franchise, it makes sense that many won't know everything that has happened thus far or may just need a refresher. Brian Cox is here to give you the story so far, chosen to do so due to his role in Succession where he plays a character who is very similar to Heihachi when it comes to how they treat the members of their own family.

Interesting trailer particularly for the cinematics towards the end that we haven't seen before. I like Kazuya just calling Jin "you little shit" and I find it interesting that in that same fight sequence Jin is opting to block and deflect Kazuya's attacks rather than just counter with his own attacks. I've seen people speculating whether Kazuya will be killed off in this game but I can't see that happening, and unless these scenes are a misdirection it doesn't seem Jin is trying to stop Kazuya by killing him, at least not when they clash again later in the story.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | "Story So Far" with Brian Cox
With the Tekken story being one of the longest running stories in any video game franchise, it makes sense that many won't know everything that has happened thus far or may just need a refresher. Brian Cox is here to give you the story so far, chosen to do so due to his role in Succession where he plays a character who is very similar to Heihachi when it comes to how they treat the members of their own family.

Interesting trailer particularly for the cinematics towards the end that we haven't seen before. I like Kazuya just calling Jin "you little shit" and I find it interesting that in that same fight sequence Jin is opting to block and deflect Kazuya's attacks rather than just counter with his own attacks. I've seen people speculating whether Kazuya will be killed off in this game but I can't see that happening, and unless these scenes are a misdirection it doesn't seem Jin is trying to stop Kazuya by killing him, at least not when they clash again later in the story.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah so that's why they went with Brian Cox, just thought they were flaunting their budget after T7's success and they still had enough to get him to do this video for them. XD Like I needed to watch and did anyway, but I know there's plenty of newer players or people who have just only seen gameplay, seeing as I saw a comment grateful for the video, as they were wondering how Jin fits into the story before they watched.

I'm not sure about Kazuya's fate, at first Jin's probably trying to kill him then gets the vision or encounter with Jun wanting him to save Kazuya, so he just needs to go all out to weaken Kazuya enough to stop using his devil form then....whatever, perhaps extract it or something, or another character will do that. Eh, I'll see when the game release, I'll be trying to avoid media as I play through the story on day 1, which is in 16 days.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah so that's why they went with Brian Cox, just thought they were flaunting their budget after T7's success and they still had enough to get him to do this video for them. XD Like I needed to watch and did anyway, but I know there's plenty of newer players or people who have just only seen gameplay, seeing as I saw a comment grateful for the video, as they were wondering how Jin fits into the story before they watched.

I'm not sure about Kazuya's fate, at first Jin's probably trying to kill him then gets the vision or encounter with Jun wanting him to save Kazuya, so he just needs to go all out to weaken Kazuya enough to stop using his devil form then....whatever, perhaps extract it or something, or another character will do that. Eh, I'll see when the game release, I'll be trying to avoid media as I play through the story on day 1, which is in 16 days.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Panda Trailer
If you've ever dreamed of becoming Sonic the Hedgehog, have you considered seeking out a Panda for some assistance? Whistle

@Mr EliteL: Yeah, I didn't even know who Brian Cox is and would've wondered why he was recapping the story of Tekken until I saw comments of why he was chosen, so I included that detail in my post expecting you to have been in the same boat as me. I probably should've made it clearer that the new scenes weren't brand new and more just slightly longer versions of stuff we've seen that don't provide any extra information about the plot.

Going by the demo opening Jin at least comes off to me as someone who would resort to killing Kazuya if that's what it takes to stop him, but I presume that will change once Jun appears.
I'll likely watch the whole story on YouTube when the game releases since I'm not planning to buy the full game but I do want to know what happens in the story; that just isn't enough for me to drop $70 on T8 after finding myself quickly bored from the demo. Eh

Oh! I almost forgot, I saw on the Tekken subreddit that people have been modding the PC demo to swap character models around and it's led to some hilarious results: I can't wait to see what other stupid stuff comes out when the full game releases. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Panda Trailer
If you've ever dreamed of becoming Sonic the Hedgehog, have you considered seeking out a Panda for some assistance? Whistle

@Mr EliteL: Yeah, I didn't even know who Brian Cox is and would've wondered why he was recapping the story of Tekken until I saw comments of why he was chosen, so I included that detail in my post expecting you to have been in the same boat as me. I probably should've made it clearer that the new scenes weren't brand new and more just slightly longer versions of stuff we've seen that don't provide any extra information about the plot.

Going by the demo opening Jin at least comes off to me as someone who would resort to killing Kazuya if that's what it takes to stop him, but I presume that will change once Jun appears.
I'll likely watch the whole story on YouTube when the game releases since I'm not planning to buy the full game but I do want to know what happens in the story; that just isn't enough for me to drop $70 on T8 after finding myself quickly bored from the demo. Eh

Oh! I almost forgot, I saw on the Tekken subreddit that people have been modding the PC demo to swap character models around and it's led to some hilarious results: I can't wait to see what other stupid stuff comes out when the full game releases. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I knew who Brian Cox was, the trailer came out of blue and he was in it just confused me why they got a random actor to present it, making me think "Wait, does he even like Tekken?". XD

Ugh, modders. I did watch a video on other characters doing Law's Rage Art recently but can't seem to find the video now, those were at least funny but had a look at the Nina menu screen which is just horrifying. I don't dare look at that Lili one. Although I did also see others put Bryan, Jin and Steve as the menu character but they all pose and have the expression Kazuya has. Bryan and Jin fits it, Steve sort of does, Nina obviously does not. However it would be good if there was a feature where you could actually change who stands there instead of Kazuya rather mod it in, wonder if they'll put that in either as an unrevealed feature but it probably would've been leaked by now, or include it later on as an update.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I knew who Brian Cox was, the trailer came out of blue and he was in it just confused me why they got a random actor to present it, making me think "Wait, does he even like Tekken?". XD

Ugh, modders. I did watch a video on other characters doing Law's Rage Art recently but can't seem to find the video now, those were at least funny but had a look at the Nina menu screen which is just horrifying. I don't dare look at that Lili one. Although I did also see others put Bryan, Jin and Steve as the menu character but they all pose and have the expression Kazuya has. Bryan and Jin fits it, Steve sort of does, Nina obviously does not. However it would be good if there was a feature where you could actually change who stands there instead of Kazuya rather mod it in, wonder if they'll put that in either as an unrevealed feature but it probably would've been leaked by now, or include it later on as an update.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I wouldn't view modders with an "ugh" viewpoint when it's doing harmless stuff like what I linked. Tongue
I don't think there's an official feature to swap out the main menu model, mostly because of how the camera pans around Kazuya depending on the category you have highlighted. There is no way the game would allow you to swap to any of the female characters when one of the main menu categories makes the camera get really close up to Kazuya's chest area. Maybe with people modding it the developers will see the feature is wanted and consider implementing it, but it would need a rework of the camera angles for female characters to avoid problems.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I wouldn't view modders with an "ugh" viewpoint when it's doing harmless stuff like what I linked. Tongue
I don't think there's an official feature to swap out the main menu model, mostly because of how the camera pans around Kazuya depending on the category you have highlighted. There is no way the game would allow you to swap to any of the female characters when one of the main menu categories makes the camera get really close up to Kazuya's chest area. Maybe with people modding it the developers will see the feature is wanted and consider implementing it, but it would need a rework of the camera angles for female characters to avoid problems.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I don't expect the camera angles to the same....but I wouldn't care too much. Nah, as long as it is respectable then it's good. Ah, reminds me I watched a recent Harada's Bar (I'll link below but doubt anyone will watch), where he's asked about aliens and such in the background and...body physics, and says he initially tells the team there shouldn't be any but they put them in behind his back. LOL

The question begins at 2:35:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I don't expect the camera angles to the same....but I wouldn't care too much. Nah, as long as it is respectable then it's good. Ah, reminds me I watched a recent Harada's Bar (I'll link below but doubt anyone will watch), where he's asked about aliens and such in the background and...body physics, and says he initially tells the team there shouldn't be any but they put them in behind his back. LOL

The question begins at 2:35:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Alisa Gameplay Trailer & Zafina Gameplay Trailer

Here comes another trailer! Thought Zafina would be next, now I don't know who is after this out of her or Lee.

Alisa is looking OK, new chainsaw moves, and other stuff. The stage against Jack surprised me, I thought that stage was set against a sea, not in space! Perhaps the background changes, or it's indeed a meteorite that is yet to come down as it's still in space, but could also have the stage down on the planet next to the sea as it originally was shown.

EDIT: The heck, they changed the video. Also because of the TWT Finals looks like they're pumping out the rest now, I'm expecting Lee and Devil Jin later today as Zafina was yesterday, but I couldn't stay up to watch all the Group stage of the tournament. I'll add hers here now.

Liking that they're really using Zafina more now and including the risk of Azazel being unwillingly released as it takes hold of her, we got that brief shot of the mysterious character looking at a mural of what appeared to be Azazel teased in the demo too.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Alisa Gameplay Trailer & Zafina Gameplay Trailer

Here comes another trailer! Thought Zafina would be next, now I don't know who is after this out of her or Lee.

Alisa is looking OK, new chainsaw moves, and other stuff. The stage against Jack surprised me, I thought that stage was set against a sea, not in space! Perhaps the background changes, or it's indeed a meteorite that is yet to come down as it's still in space, but could also have the stage down on the planet next to the sea as it originally was shown.

EDIT: The heck, they changed the video. Also because of the TWT Finals looks like they're pumping out the rest now, I'm expecting Lee and Devil Jin later today as Zafina was yesterday, but I couldn't stay up to watch all the Group stage of the tournament. I'll add hers here now.

Liking that they're really using Zafina more now and including the risk of Azazel being unwillingly released as it takes hold of her, we got that brief shot of the mysterious character looking at a mural of what appeared to be Azazel teased in the demo too.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Opening Movie + DLC Eddy (Spring) + Details

Tekken Talk during the TWT Finals had Harada, Nakatsu and Murray explain some more details on modes in Tekken 8, show off the opening movie of the game, reveal Eddy Gordo will be the first DLC character (included in the video above) and announce Tekken World Tour 2024 with Tekken 8 as the main game this time obviously which begins in April 13th. Also there will be numerous merch coming such as an exclusive diorama of Jin and Kazuya, controllers, fight pads, apparel, posters, streaming services getting all the music from Tekken's history including Tekken 8, physical CD (4 discs, stickers and booklet from composers) and Vinyl for Tekken 8's soundtrack.

The new details I picked up from this Tekken Talk were:
  • Tekken Fight Lounge is updated so players can now group better with others
  • Tekken Dojo is practise while online in the Fight Lounge, an update is planned to include practising with other players in the future
  • Jukebox returns so you can set different music to stages and menus if you so wish
  • Customisation will now include shoes once more which was last featured in Tekken 6 but not Tag 2 or T7
  • 72-Hour Access to DLC if you ordered Deluxe or Ultimate or Premium before their release date
  • Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack will be available for those who have only the base game if they wish, price will be $39.99

Loving the Tekken 5 feel of the intro, the music was fine at first but after watching it multiple times has really grown on me already. What I need to know though is there was an extending look of the big mass fight the story will have that the majority of characters will be involved in within the story, is that why are Paul and Law fighting each other when it's not in the Iron Fist Tournament with Law seemingly fighting on Kazuya's side?! Damn, must've been swayed over with wealth so Paul wants his poor buddy back. XD 

I'm disappointed with the lack of Team Battle, thought maybe here we'll see some more modes announced but nope. Sadge. Cry
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Opening Movie + DLC Eddy (Spring) + Details

Tekken Talk during the TWT Finals had Harada, Nakatsu and Murray explain some more details on modes in Tekken 8, show off the opening movie of the game, reveal Eddy Gordo will be the first DLC character (included in the video above) and announce Tekken World Tour 2024 with Tekken 8 as the main game this time obviously which begins in April 13th. Also there will be numerous merch coming such as an exclusive diorama of Jin and Kazuya, controllers, fight pads, apparel, posters, streaming services getting all the music from Tekken's history including Tekken 8, physical CD (4 discs, stickers and booklet from composers) and Vinyl for Tekken 8's soundtrack.

The new details I picked up from this Tekken Talk were:
  • Tekken Fight Lounge is updated so players can now group better with others
  • Tekken Dojo is practise while online in the Fight Lounge, an update is planned to include practising with other players in the future
  • Jukebox returns so you can set different music to stages and menus if you so wish
  • Customisation will now include shoes once more which was last featured in Tekken 6 but not Tag 2 or T7
  • 72-Hour Access to DLC if you ordered Deluxe or Ultimate or Premium before their release date
  • Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack will be available for those who have only the base game if they wish, price will be $39.99

Loving the Tekken 5 feel of the intro, the music was fine at first but after watching it multiple times has really grown on me already. What I need to know though is there was an extending look of the big mass fight the story will have that the majority of characters will be involved in within the story, is that why are Paul and Law fighting each other when it's not in the Iron Fist Tournament with Law seemingly fighting on Kazuya's side?! Damn, must've been swayed over with wealth so Paul wants his poor buddy back. XD 

I'm disappointed with the lack of Team Battle, thought maybe here we'll see some more modes announced but nope. Sadge. Cry
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Got a lot to comment on it seems:
  • Most of Alisa's trailer wasn't new to me as I'd seen her intro with Jack and her finisher of kicking her head at the opponent was already being turned into soccer memes. I know it won't be covered but I'm curious what in-game lore there is for people to be breathing and fighting on some random rock in space; for Alisa and Jack it made sense because they're both robots.

• I always forget Zafina speaks English, probably because she never comes off as a character who would to me? I don't really get why they ever sealed Azazel inside her arm though because it's never going to be covered in the story because why would it be? Sure it's important to Zafina's character but it has no part in the overall larger plot so it makes no sense to cover it in the Story Mode, especially since Azazel ultimately turned out to mean nothing once Jin discovered defeating Azazel did nothing to solve his Devil gene dilemma. To me Azazel will always be the chicken god McGuffin where nothing was gained by defeating him nor killing thousands of people in the WW3 that was required to summon him in the first place. He's the only thing stopping Ogre from becoming the most useless supernatural entity in Tekken, which for context my beef with Ogre is that his kill count of Tekken characters has been reduced to just King 1.

• Opening trailer was neat. I've never watched it but I've heard that T7's opening cinematic was really bad. I'm wondering if the big fight against all the Jack's is part of the actual Story Mode or if it just exists in this cinematic as a way to get as many characters on screen as possible in one go. I hope it is in the Story Mode though just to see why Paul and Law are fighting; they're either just sparring because they don't give a shit about what's going on around them or they decided to both go on opposite sides in this conflict to maximize their chances of getting money. XD

• It's funny to see Eddy announced as the first DLC character after that one idiot on Twitter was claiming Harada is racist for not including him in the game. I think he looks a little too muscular though and should be on the leaner side, but it seems Tekken and every other fighting game nowadays wants to make all the men look as jacked up as possible for some reason. Errm

• Lack of any more modes doesn't surprise me but it will never make sense to me why so many modes no longer appear in Tekken. It isn't like Time Attack, Survival, or Team Battle require extensive work; they're literally just variations of the regular Vs. mode. If they were completely different modes like Tekken Force/Ball/Bowl I'd understand.

• They're still trying really hard to avoid declaring whether Jun is actually alive or not by never showing her with anyone. At this point if she does actually return in the story I wonder when it'll happen and what reason they'll give for why that moment is the one she chooses to show up.

• On a side note, I saw a bit of footage from Chapter 3 and it seems like the tournament itself is being held in a single stage rather than taking place across all the stages that appear in the game like how it works in all the previous Tekken games. It's an interesting change and I don't mind it if that is actually what happens.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Got a lot to comment on it seems:
  • Most of Alisa's trailer wasn't new to me as I'd seen her intro with Jack and her finisher of kicking her head at the opponent was already being turned into soccer memes. I know it won't be covered but I'm curious what in-game lore there is for people to be breathing and fighting on some random rock in space; for Alisa and Jack it made sense because they're both robots.

• I always forget Zafina speaks English, probably because she never comes off as a character who would to me? I don't really get why they ever sealed Azazel inside her arm though because it's never going to be covered in the story because why would it be? Sure it's important to Zafina's character but it has no part in the overall larger plot so it makes no sense to cover it in the Story Mode, especially since Azazel ultimately turned out to mean nothing once Jin discovered defeating Azazel did nothing to solve his Devil gene dilemma. To me Azazel will always be the chicken god McGuffin where nothing was gained by defeating him nor killing thousands of people in the WW3 that was required to summon him in the first place. He's the only thing stopping Ogre from becoming the most useless supernatural entity in Tekken, which for context my beef with Ogre is that his kill count of Tekken characters has been reduced to just King 1.

• Opening trailer was neat. I've never watched it but I've heard that T7's opening cinematic was really bad. I'm wondering if the big fight against all the Jack's is part of the actual Story Mode or if it just exists in this cinematic as a way to get as many characters on screen as possible in one go. I hope it is in the Story Mode though just to see why Paul and Law are fighting; they're either just sparring because they don't give a shit about what's going on around them or they decided to both go on opposite sides in this conflict to maximize their chances of getting money. XD

• It's funny to see Eddy announced as the first DLC character after that one idiot on Twitter was claiming Harada is racist for not including him in the game. I think he looks a little too muscular though and should be on the leaner side, but it seems Tekken and every other fighting game nowadays wants to make all the men look as jacked up as possible for some reason. Errm

• Lack of any more modes doesn't surprise me but it will never make sense to me why so many modes no longer appear in Tekken. It isn't like Time Attack, Survival, or Team Battle require extensive work; they're literally just variations of the regular Vs. mode. If they were completely different modes like Tekken Force/Ball/Bowl I'd understand.

• They're still trying really hard to avoid declaring whether Jun is actually alive or not by never showing her with anyone. At this point if she does actually return in the story I wonder when it'll happen and what reason they'll give for why that moment is the one she chooses to show up.

• On a side note, I saw a bit of footage from Chapter 3 and it seems like the tournament itself is being held in a single stage rather than taking place across all the stages that appear in the game like how it works in all the previous Tekken games. It's an interesting change and I don't mind it if that is actually what happens.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah I haven't seen Alisa's rage art being turned into soccer, thank goodness. I already saw the RA and Jack intro too.

Eddy is pretty damn big again more so than T7, I think Lee was the smallest Tekken character in T7 but still bigger than he used to be, although I still feel Eddy, Law, Steve and Hwoarang should've been around his size, Steve used to be lean but very defined, not sure what Lee will look like bare in T8 so hopefully not ridiculously jacked like everyone else. Noctis and Negan were smaller even then but they're guest characters and didn't need to be.

I'm only assuming Jun isn't shown properly yet is because of spoiling reasons, wanting us to find out through the story rather than just make obvious from the get-go.

I assume the stage is either the arena one or the coliseum, but don't tell me I want to find out but remember seeing a scene with the coliseum having a big part where many characters try to fight Devil Kazuya so perhaps something happens Kazuya doesn't like or the rebellion make their move then if it's part of the tournament.

EDIT@: OK, Bandai put this random trailer out just a little while ago (sorry it's on YT), but not important enough to make an announcement but I'll include it anyway.

I thought it would be the staredown between the two in the beginning was just leading it to them sitting down to play Tekken 8, but nope it became something else entirely well similar to Mortal Kombat's live action trailer. Players Arslan Ash, King Jae, Sephiblack and another who I'm not familiar with (Geni1us apparently) make an appearance as well as strongman Hafthor Bjornsson. Geez, stop with these videos now please. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah I haven't seen Alisa's rage art being turned into soccer, thank goodness. I already saw the RA and Jack intro too.

Eddy is pretty damn big again more so than T7, I think Lee was the smallest Tekken character in T7 but still bigger than he used to be, although I still feel Eddy, Law, Steve and Hwoarang should've been around his size, Steve used to be lean but very defined, not sure what Lee will look like bare in T8 so hopefully not ridiculously jacked like everyone else. Noctis and Negan were smaller even then but they're guest characters and didn't need to be.

I'm only assuming Jun isn't shown properly yet is because of spoiling reasons, wanting us to find out through the story rather than just make obvious from the get-go.

I assume the stage is either the arena one or the coliseum, but don't tell me I want to find out but remember seeing a scene with the coliseum having a big part where many characters try to fight Devil Kazuya so perhaps something happens Kazuya doesn't like or the rebellion make their move then if it's part of the tournament.

EDIT@: OK, Bandai put this random trailer out just a little while ago (sorry it's on YT), but not important enough to make an announcement but I'll include it anyway.

I thought it would be the staredown between the two in the beginning was just leading it to them sitting down to play Tekken 8, but nope it became something else entirely well similar to Mortal Kombat's live action trailer. Players Arslan Ash, King Jae, Sephiblack and another who I'm not familiar with (Geni1us apparently) make an appearance as well as strongman Hafthor Bjornsson. Geez, stop with these videos now please. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Lee Chaolan Trailer
Rated M for Marvelous! 🌹

With the pose Lee makes right at the start of the trailer I was expecting him to do that "Come on!" taunt he does, but alas it was not to be. He did make one of his trademark high pitched screams during an attack though at 1:26 so all is forgiven. Tongue I had seen a still image of his outro before but seeing it in motion I like it even more than I already did, and it might be one of my favourite outro's I've seen from any of the character trailers.

@Mr EliteL: What a random ass trailer that live action one you posted was. XD Until the gameplay footage kicked in I would have had no clue this was a trailer for Tekken 8 unless I were to notice the references seen at 1:00 in the arcade; in the background one of the machines is called Tekken Bowl. I can't figure out what the machine to the left of it says but I can at least pick out a soccer ball as part of the game logo, so maybe it's supposed to be a Tekken Ball machine?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Lee Chaolan Trailer
Rated M for Marvelous! 🌹

With the pose Lee makes right at the start of the trailer I was expecting him to do that "Come on!" taunt he does, but alas it was not to be. He did make one of his trademark high pitched screams during an attack though at 1:26 so all is forgiven. Tongue I had seen a still image of his outro before but seeing it in motion I like it even more than I already did, and it might be one of my favourite outro's I've seen from any of the character trailers.

@Mr EliteL: What a random ass trailer that live action one you posted was. XD Until the gameplay footage kicked in I would have had no clue this was a trailer for Tekken 8 unless I were to notice the references seen at 1:00 in the arcade; in the background one of the machines is called Tekken Bowl. I can't figure out what the machine to the left of it says but I can at least pick out a soccer ball as part of the game logo, so maybe it's supposed to be a Tekken Ball machine?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't notice the Tekken Bowl machine, I was too focused on who was playing on the cabinet in front, can't make the other out left of that one either.

Lee's trailer is indeed marvellous and I'm liking the new animations and new attacks he has, especially his uppercut because before it didn't look like it could lift anyone up but at least the new animation he raises his arm more. Looking forward to trying his combos out and see what I can come up with. Hadn't seen his intro with Lars yet it was fine, I did see one with Nina though so glad the one featured was one I hadn't seen before. The outro I hadn't seen anything of either, it's good especially the robot head and terrible look he gave it, just simply because it's based on Heihachi, that's the way he wants to remember him by. LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't notice the Tekken Bowl machine, I was too focused on who was playing on the cabinet in front, can't make the other out left of that one either.

Lee's trailer is indeed marvellous and I'm liking the new animations and new attacks he has, especially his uppercut because before it didn't look like it could lift anyone up but at least the new animation he raises his arm more. Looking forward to trying his combos out and see what I can come up with. Hadn't seen his intro with Lars yet it was fine, I did see one with Nina though so glad the one featured was one I hadn't seen before. The outro I hadn't seen anything of either, it's good especially the robot head and terrible look he gave it, just simply because it's based on Heihachi, that's the way he wants to remember him by. LOL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Launch Trailer

Ugh, that subtitle style is still absolutely horrific. Why did someone think it's a good idea to put visual emphasis on every word that would be fully lowercase in a capitalized title? Sick

It was nice to see Paul talking about Kazuya in the trailer since it a) further confirms the story isn't going to only focus on a small set of the roster and b) Paul's rivalry with Kazuya has been dead since like T2 so maybe they're actually going to come back around to that character arc.
Also I'd love to see a country actually get erased if their representative fighter loses, but I bet at no point in the story will someone lose and actually receive the consequences Kazuya has pitched.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Launch Trailer

Ugh, that subtitle style is still absolutely horrific. Why did someone think it's a good idea to put visual emphasis on every word that would be fully lowercase in a capitalized title? Sick

It was nice to see Paul talking about Kazuya in the trailer since it a) further confirms the story isn't going to only focus on a small set of the roster and b) Paul's rivalry with Kazuya has been dead since like T2 so maybe they're actually going to come back around to that character arc.
Also I'd love to see a country actually get erased if their representative fighter loses, but I bet at no point in the story will someone lose and actually receive the consequences Kazuya has pitched.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I just took the weird small words as quick to fill in your head as you read the text, that's how I was treating it anyway. Would've been better if the subtitles were consistent throughout instead of like that.

Looks like both the Coliseum and arena are treated as part of the tournament. I hope to see Paul had a bit more significance for his rivalry with Kazuya too, in the scene with Law has him lift Paul's arm looks like Paul will be the victor when they're pit against each other so then he tells Law he'll then go to smack Kazuya one, perhaps for Law too. XD

Not only that trailer but yet another re-cap this time on the tekkenchannel more for the Asia players but still good to watch as they have all characters that aren't Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin, Devil Jin and Lars as random generic figures. Like King and Armor King are literal leopard and a panther, Bryan a running old man for some reason, Gigas as Frankenstein's monster, Master Raven Leroy I think is a director guy, Negan is just a bat and more, it was fun trying to pick out who was who. LOL There was one major mistake though, they put Kazuya as the host for T3 when it was Heihachi. Plus there was some more brief story scenes for T8 toward the end.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I just took the weird small words as quick to fill in your head as you read the text, that's how I was treating it anyway. Would've been better if the subtitles were consistent throughout instead of like that.

Looks like both the Coliseum and arena are treated as part of the tournament. I hope to see Paul had a bit more significance for his rivalry with Kazuya too, in the scene with Law has him lift Paul's arm looks like Paul will be the victor when they're pit against each other so then he tells Law he'll then go to smack Kazuya one, perhaps for Law too. XD

Not only that trailer but yet another re-cap this time on the tekkenchannel more for the Asia players but still good to watch as they have all characters that aren't Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin, Devil Jin and Lars as random generic figures. Like King and Armor King are literal leopard and a panther, Bryan a running old man for some reason, Gigas as Frankenstein's monster, Master Raven Leroy I think is a director guy, Negan is just a bat and more, it was fun trying to pick out who was who. LOL There was one major mistake though, they put Kazuya as the host for T3 when it was Heihachi. Plus there was some more brief story scenes for T8 toward the end.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elden Ring | Shadow of the Erdtree Trailer Moonface 139 23,873 Mar 9th, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,669 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Tekken (Series) Mr EliteL 49 29,561 Jul 21st, 2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface