Tekken 8 | Eddy Gordo Trailer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 6th, 2023, 11:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Forgot if Raven was among the 6 that were leaked before, but good to see original Raven return but wouldn't have minded Master Raven either. It is a bit of a surprise as MR had low usage (47th) so I suppose we shouldn't rule out anyone low just yet.
Raven was one of the ones in the spoiler tag I had with the six leaked characters. Also my impression of Master Raven having low usage was nobody liked her replacing Raven, but maybe I'm wrong.

With how much Azucena brings up coffee in her trailer, I won't be surprised if her story for entering this tournament is purely to promote her coffee or something. Rolleyes

The stages shown are also really, really good and currently my favourites out of any we've seen. I'd say the final stage break change in Azucena's trailer isn't going into T5 Pirate's Cove though and is just inspired by it, since the whole aesthetic is based on Incan gold and such rather than pirates. I also found it interesting to see the walls in that part of her stage to throw the opponent off with some sort of explosion; has that been a thing for any other stage?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 6th, 2023, 11:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Forgot if Raven was among the 6 that were leaked before, but good to see original Raven return but wouldn't have minded Master Raven either. It is a bit of a surprise as MR had low usage (47th) so I suppose we shouldn't rule out anyone low just yet.
Raven was one of the ones in the spoiler tag I had with the six leaked characters. Also my impression of Master Raven having low usage was nobody liked her replacing Raven, but maybe I'm wrong.

With how much Azucena brings up coffee in her trailer, I won't be surprised if her story for entering this tournament is purely to promote her coffee or something. Rolleyes

The stages shown are also really, really good and currently my favourites out of any we've seen. I'd say the final stage break change in Azucena's trailer isn't going into T5 Pirate's Cove though and is just inspired by it, since the whole aesthetic is based on Incan gold and such rather than pirates. I also found it interesting to see the walls in that part of her stage to throw the opponent off with some sort of explosion; has that been a thing for any other stage?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah you can tell I was trying to not pay too much attention to that leak, I've actually forgotten one of the others I should know out of the 3 I read, think Raven was the third, but know definitely of the other one as they were the first character I saw.

It is weird what they're doing with her, but what else is she going to do besides being a side character, once I saw her appearance I knew there was no chance she'd have any proper relevance to the main story. No clue who they'd introduce new that could be shoved in, perhaps another leader of something like Claudio and Lidia. Some people think Azucena could be replacing Katarina, Lucky Chloe or Josie, possibly even as an all-in-one character somehow. Then bring back Bruce similar to how Raven has returned, two characters who had some part in the main story in past games.

After looking more closely at the gold area under that stage I agree it isn't meant to be the Pirate's Cove. I just randomly went with some comments I read also mistaking it, but makes more sense to be based on Incan gold. The outer area of that part isn't the same either.
Yes, other stages do have barrels or whatever for that explosion, well actually none were in the CNT build, but there was another stage that showed that feature in Jack-8's trailer. I was wondering why that wasn't included. Looking at Azucena's then Jack's trailer of those moments it looks like they changed it up, instead of the opponent landing in front of you and staying near the wall, they get launched over you, perhaps to stop making that player get pressured against the wall. Hmm.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah you can tell I was trying to not pay too much attention to that leak, I've actually forgotten one of the others I should know out of the 3 I read, think Raven was the third, but know definitely of the other one as they were the first character I saw.

It is weird what they're doing with her, but what else is she going to do besides being a side character, once I saw her appearance I knew there was no chance she'd have any proper relevance to the main story. No clue who they'd introduce new that could be shoved in, perhaps another leader of something like Claudio and Lidia. Some people think Azucena could be replacing Katarina, Lucky Chloe or Josie, possibly even as an all-in-one character somehow. Then bring back Bruce similar to how Raven has returned, two characters who had some part in the main story in past games.

After looking more closely at the gold area under that stage I agree it isn't meant to be the Pirate's Cove. I just randomly went with some comments I read also mistaking it, but makes more sense to be based on Incan gold. The outer area of that part isn't the same either.
Yes, other stages do have barrels or whatever for that explosion, well actually none were in the CNT build, but there was another stage that showed that feature in Jack-8's trailer. I was wondering why that wasn't included. Looking at Azucena's then Jack's trailer of those moments it looks like they changed it up, instead of the opponent landing in front of you and staying near the wall, they get launched over you, perhaps to stop making that player get pressured against the wall. Hmm.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 8th, 2023, 11:29 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
True, I guess it's just funny to see a character introduced with such a simple motive when so much of the cast have reasons that are about stopping a war, helping a war, getting themselves out of debt or some other noble or non-noble cause. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 8th, 2023, 11:29 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
True, I guess it's just funny to see a character introduced with such a simple motive when so much of the cast have reasons that are about stopping a war, helping a war, getting themselves out of debt or some other noble or non-noble cause. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Release Date, New Mode and More Revealed
A new trailer for Tekken 8 premiered at Gamescom ONL 2023, revealing a slew of new information:

32 Fighters
Tekken 8 will launch with 32 fighters, of which 24 are now currently confirmed (thanks to @Mr EliteL for that number). This newest trailer revealed these character additions to the already revealed roster:
  • Dragunov
  • Shaheen
  • Steve Fox
  • Leo
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Kuma
Arcade Quest
Arcade Quest is a new single player mode debuting in Tekken 8, where players will create their own custom avatar and then head to an arcade for a fighting game community-inspired experience. Cosmetic items to customize fighters with can be unlocked in this mode, but it isn't known if this mode will be the only way to unlock such content.

Game Editions
Tekken 8 will have up to five different editions: Standard, Deluxe, Ultimate, Collector's and Premium Collector's. No details have been given for the Collector's Edition however on the Namco store it has the same image for the Premium version.
  • Standard Edition (Physical/Digital) - Tekken 8 Full Game
  • Digital Deluxe Edition - Full Game, Playable Character Year 1 Pass, Kinjin Avatar Skin, Character Costume Gold Suit Pack (32 Costumes)
  • Digital Ultimate Edition - Digital Deluxe contents, Kazuya Jin & Jun Avatar Skins, Avatar Costume Classic Tekken T-Shirt (32 Designs)
  • Physical Ultimate Edition (Non-US Only) - All Digital Ultimate Edition content, plus Physical Full Game, Corporation Stickers, and Burning Chain Metal Plate
  • Collector's Edition (Physical Only / Non-US Only) - Bandai Namco Store Exclusive, Ultimate contents, Premium Box, Face-Off Steelbook, 8x Glossy Collectible Cards, Leroy Smith Metal Ring with Velvet Pouch, Arcade Token (5cm), Jin Figurine (25cm)
  • Premium Collector's Edition (Physical Only) - Bandai Namco Store Exclusive, Ultimate contents, Premium Box, Face-Off Steelbook, 8x Glossy Collectible Cards, Leroy Smith Metal Ring with Velvet Pouch, Arcade Token (5cm), Jin Electrified Figurine (25cm)

Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-ordering Tekken 8 will provide players with the following bonuses:
  • Avatar Skin - Mokujin and Tetsujin (PlayStation exclusive)
Release Date
Finally, it was revealed that Tekken 8 will launch on January 26, 2024!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Release Date, New Mode and More Revealed
A new trailer for Tekken 8 premiered at Gamescom ONL 2023, revealing a slew of new information:

32 Fighters
Tekken 8 will launch with 32 fighters, of which 24 are now currently confirmed (thanks to @Mr EliteL for that number). This newest trailer revealed these character additions to the already revealed roster:
  • Dragunov
  • Shaheen
  • Steve Fox
  • Leo
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Kuma
Arcade Quest
Arcade Quest is a new single player mode debuting in Tekken 8, where players will create their own custom avatar and then head to an arcade for a fighting game community-inspired experience. Cosmetic items to customize fighters with can be unlocked in this mode, but it isn't known if this mode will be the only way to unlock such content.

Game Editions
Tekken 8 will have up to five different editions: Standard, Deluxe, Ultimate, Collector's and Premium Collector's. No details have been given for the Collector's Edition however on the Namco store it has the same image for the Premium version.
  • Standard Edition (Physical/Digital) - Tekken 8 Full Game
  • Digital Deluxe Edition - Full Game, Playable Character Year 1 Pass, Kinjin Avatar Skin, Character Costume Gold Suit Pack (32 Costumes)
  • Digital Ultimate Edition - Digital Deluxe contents, Kazuya Jin & Jun Avatar Skins, Avatar Costume Classic Tekken T-Shirt (32 Designs)
  • Physical Ultimate Edition (Non-US Only) - All Digital Ultimate Edition content, plus Physical Full Game, Corporation Stickers, and Burning Chain Metal Plate
  • Collector's Edition (Physical Only / Non-US Only) - Bandai Namco Store Exclusive, Ultimate contents, Premium Box, Face-Off Steelbook, 8x Glossy Collectible Cards, Leroy Smith Metal Ring with Velvet Pouch, Arcade Token (5cm), Jin Figurine (25cm)
  • Premium Collector's Edition (Physical Only) - Bandai Namco Store Exclusive, Ultimate contents, Premium Box, Face-Off Steelbook, 8x Glossy Collectible Cards, Leroy Smith Metal Ring with Velvet Pouch, Arcade Token (5cm), Jin Electrified Figurine (25cm)

Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-ordering Tekken 8 will provide players with the following bonuses:
  • Avatar Skin - Mokujin and Tetsujin (PlayStation exclusive)
Release Date
Finally, it was revealed that Tekken 8 will launch on January 26, 2024!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
In the trailer there was Dragunov, Yoshimitsu, Steve, Shaheen, Leo and Kuma. Slightly disappointed in Shaheen but if he's going to try and reveal some "truth" then perhaps he'll have a bigger presence now in the story than just being shoe-horned in as another dude after one of the Mishima/Kazama family.

That also puts the confirmed characters we know of to 24, so another 8 left to be revealed for what I assume will be the base roster.

I...really didn't want to see Avatars to be used in a lobby but whatever, it's what fighting games are doing now or some of them anyway (BBCTB, SF6, possibly others).

Do want to know what the Editions will have, I'll probably be thinking about Ultimate Edition unless it's like a statue and other extras not strictly part of the actual game itself, but Deluxe has a DLC pass and such that will be. Pre-order bonuses are whatever, although I may go with the Mokujin/Tetsujin Avatar because...I don't want to make one really, although I may end up doing so anyway. XD

Early 2024? Noticed it was leaked earlier in the day so I assumed there was something at Gamescom coming for T8. Not bad, good time to play before maybe considering joining a tournament next year perhaps. Although I need Lee in T8 as either one of the remaining 8 or DLC before I really do think about attending one.
Also...Team Battle, where is it plz. Glare
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
In the trailer there was Dragunov, Yoshimitsu, Steve, Shaheen, Leo and Kuma. Slightly disappointed in Shaheen but if he's going to try and reveal some "truth" then perhaps he'll have a bigger presence now in the story than just being shoe-horned in as another dude after one of the Mishima/Kazama family.

That also puts the confirmed characters we know of to 24, so another 8 left to be revealed for what I assume will be the base roster.

I...really didn't want to see Avatars to be used in a lobby but whatever, it's what fighting games are doing now or some of them anyway (BBCTB, SF6, possibly others).

Do want to know what the Editions will have, I'll probably be thinking about Ultimate Edition unless it's like a statue and other extras not strictly part of the actual game itself, but Deluxe has a DLC pass and such that will be. Pre-order bonuses are whatever, although I may go with the Mokujin/Tetsujin Avatar because...I don't want to make one really, although I may end up doing so anyway. XD

Early 2024? Noticed it was leaked earlier in the day so I assumed there was something at Gamescom coming for T8. Not bad, good time to play before maybe considering joining a tournament next year perhaps. Although I need Lee in T8 as either one of the remaining 8 or DLC before I really do think about attending one.
Also...Team Battle, where is it plz. Glare
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wondered what they were going to do for Arcade Quest when they said "it's your story" because that made it clear to me you wouldn't primarily play as one of the actual characters. After seeing the avatars that were the answer to that, I'm rather indifferent about them.

I'd seen the leak myself too for the release date but waited until the official reveal at Gamescom before making a post about it since I figured there would be more info than just that date.

Yoshimitsu actually having dialogue felt weird to me, because I don't recall him ever having actual spoken dialogue before and it just being him saying stuff but no translation provided. Has he had translated dialogue before @Mr EliteL or was that actually a new thing for him?

Edit: I updated the post about the release date reveal with all of the known information so far.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wondered what they were going to do for Arcade Quest when they said "it's your story" because that made it clear to me you wouldn't primarily play as one of the actual characters. After seeing the avatars that were the answer to that, I'm rather indifferent about them.

I'd seen the leak myself too for the release date but waited until the official reveal at Gamescom before making a post about it since I figured there would be more info than just that date.

Yoshimitsu actually having dialogue felt weird to me, because I don't recall him ever having actual spoken dialogue before and it just being him saying stuff but no translation provided. Has he had translated dialogue before @Mr EliteL or was that actually a new thing for him?

Edit: I updated the post about the release date reveal with all of the known information so far.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I missed that "It's your story" party, no clue what that is pertaining to. There was a tournament mode in there which have players with selected characters so I'm just taking it as a place to hang out online but not ranked maybe, or that is in there too somewhere. Although I'd rather have Ranked and Player (Unranked) matches separate to have quicker search times whilst in a practice type mode to test moves and combos while waiting like it has been, rather than making an Avatar walk around to find matches. No need to fix something that isn't broken.

Yoshimitsu got dialogue in T7 in his Character Episode with Leo but it was in that sort of language in this trailer, plus T6 had him talk if you played him in Scenario but with no voice over, then...maybe T5's Arcade interactions might've had it too but can't remember.

Some more details of the Editions are on the Namco site, there's two more Editions too, Premium Collector's and Collector's although they look the same. If the Collector's was available to show it's details for difference between them it would be handy.

Digital Deluxe - Full Game, Year 1 Pass, KinJin Avatar Skin and Gold Suit Pack
Ultimate Edition - Digital Deluxe contents, Physical Full Game, Corporation Stickers, Burning Chain Metal Plate, Kazuya Jin & Jun Avatar Skins, Avatar Costume Classic Tekken T-Shirt (32 Designs)
Premium Collector's Edition - Bandai Store Exclusive, Ultimate contents, Premium Box, Face-Off Steelbook, 8x Glossy Character Cards, Arcade Token (5cm), Leroy Smith Metal Ring with Velvet Pouch, Jin Electrified Figurine (25cm)

No info on Collector's as it's just the same image as Premium. For some reason that is unavailable as well as the Ultimate Edition no matter what platform you choose so I don't know what they're playing at. I'll add the others we know of to the post.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I missed that "It's your story" party, no clue what that is pertaining to. There was a tournament mode in there which have players with selected characters so I'm just taking it as a place to hang out online but not ranked maybe, or that is in there too somewhere. Although I'd rather have Ranked and Player (Unranked) matches separate to have quicker search times whilst in a practice type mode to test moves and combos while waiting like it has been, rather than making an Avatar walk around to find matches. No need to fix something that isn't broken.

Yoshimitsu got dialogue in T7 in his Character Episode with Leo but it was in that sort of language in this trailer, plus T6 had him talk if you played him in Scenario but with no voice over, then...maybe T5's Arcade interactions might've had it too but can't remember.

Some more details of the Editions are on the Namco site, there's two more Editions too, Premium Collector's and Collector's although they look the same. If the Collector's was available to show it's details for difference between them it would be handy.

Digital Deluxe - Full Game, Year 1 Pass, KinJin Avatar Skin and Gold Suit Pack
Ultimate Edition - Digital Deluxe contents, Physical Full Game, Corporation Stickers, Burning Chain Metal Plate, Kazuya Jin & Jun Avatar Skins, Avatar Costume Classic Tekken T-Shirt (32 Designs)
Premium Collector's Edition - Bandai Store Exclusive, Ultimate contents, Premium Box, Face-Off Steelbook, 8x Glossy Character Cards, Arcade Token (5cm), Leroy Smith Metal Ring with Velvet Pouch, Jin Electrified Figurine (25cm)

No info on Collector's as it's just the same image as Premium. For some reason that is unavailable as well as the Ultimate Edition no matter what platform you choose so I don't know what they're playing at. I'll add the others we know of to the post.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 22nd, 2023, 11:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
T6's Scenario mode did come to mind for me but I don't count it since none of it is actually voice acted.

Also, the official website got updated with character pages for everyone revealed today, which will be a good way to take a proper look at their designs, especially Yoshimitsu. Also gives story details which might give hints to their motives in T8, but I haven't read them yet to know what's in any of them.

There also appears to be physical and digital versions of the editions, because the official website is showing the Deluxe and Ultimate editions but they're digital only, but what you posted @Mr EliteL shows physical contents too.

Edit: Just saw the Japanese trailer shows off the full contents of the Ultimate edition at the end, and indicates that there will be four DLC characters in 2024, one for each season of the year: https://i.imgur.com/OiiL065.jpg

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 22nd, 2023, 11:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
T6's Scenario mode did come to mind for me but I don't count it since none of it is actually voice acted.

Also, the official website got updated with character pages for everyone revealed today, which will be a good way to take a proper look at their designs, especially Yoshimitsu. Also gives story details which might give hints to their motives in T8, but I haven't read them yet to know what's in any of them.

There also appears to be physical and digital versions of the editions, because the official website is showing the Deluxe and Ultimate editions but they're digital only, but what you posted @Mr EliteL shows physical contents too.

Edit: Just saw the Japanese trailer shows off the full contents of the Ultimate edition at the end, and indicates that there will be four DLC characters in 2024, one for each season of the year: https://i.imgur.com/OiiL065.jpg
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah the Digital Ultimate version got added after I was looking at the page. So now there's 6 but normal Ultimate and Collector's still aren't available.

Darn really, the characters are releasing each season? Bah that's another thing fighting games like to do nowadays with one at a time. Boo, no more big update with the whole pack or two together or something. I guess they're developing them after release or at least the most part of their in-game developing during the gap time for each individual character. Fine then. If Lee is DLC, make him Spring plz. Glare

EDIT: OH I see what the Collector's Edition has now, the Jin Figurine isn't "Electrified", but doesn't have the tag of Namco store exclusive. OK then. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah the Digital Ultimate version got added after I was looking at the page. So now there's 6 but normal Ultimate and Collector's still aren't available.

Darn really, the characters are releasing each season? Bah that's another thing fighting games like to do nowadays with one at a time. Boo, no more big update with the whole pack or two together or something. I guess they're developing them after release or at least the most part of their in-game developing during the gap time for each individual character. Fine then. If Lee is DLC, make him Spring plz. Glare

EDIT: OH I see what the Collector's Edition has now, the Jin Figurine isn't "Electrified", but doesn't have the tag of Namco store exclusive. OK then. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looking at the Bandai Namco online store, it appears the Ultimate Edition is not available physically within the US as it only appears on the EU store. The Premium Collector's Edition and Collector's Edition are also the same, but named different depending on region. It doesn't look like any of the contents are different though.

Looking at the Jin statue, I hope it lights up in the wing and the 8 as that's the impression the image gives me. It would be criminal if the glow around the 8 is just painted on and it doesn't actually light up at all. Nooo

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looking at the Bandai Namco online store, it appears the Ultimate Edition is not available physically within the US as it only appears on the EU store. The Premium Collector's Edition and Collector's Edition are also the same, but named different depending on region. It doesn't look like any of the contents are different though.

Looking at the Jin statue, I hope it lights up in the wing and the 8 as that's the impression the image gives me. It would be criminal if the glow around the 8 is just painted on and it doesn't actually light up at all. Nooo
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I realised the difference of Collector's and Premium, Premium Jin does light up, Collector's it won't be able to.

Both the Collector's and Ultimate don't work for me either so...it might for some reason not include UK too but the rest of EU/world gets them? The fook man? Or might be because I'm viewing it as a guest and should log in, I'll try tomorrow.

I was going to go for Physical, want the Year Pass but also not too interested in anything else, although the cards were tempting but they're a part of the big Edition(s). Premium is £260, hoo boy.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I realised the difference of Collector's and Premium, Premium Jin does light up, Collector's it won't be able to.

Both the Collector's and Ultimate don't work for me either so...it might for some reason not include UK too but the rest of EU/world gets them? The fook man? Or might be because I'm viewing it as a guest and should log in, I'll try tomorrow.

I was going to go for Physical, want the Year Pass but also not too interested in anything else, although the cards were tempting but they're a part of the big Edition(s). Premium is £260, hoo boy.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Huh, yeah I didn't notice the two Collector's editions have different statues and thought it was regional reasons for the two names only, since on the EU site I could see purchasing details for the Premium Collector's Edition but was told my region was invalid for the Collector's Edition. I get now the CE is invalid because it's not in the US but I thought the PCE was US and the CE was non-US. XD

Also check your region in the drop down to the top right of the area on the Bandai Namco website that shows all the editions, because for me it was defaulting to Algeria. Might just do that to me since I'm outside the EU entirely but worth checking in case that's why you aren't getting all the purchase options EL. Wink

I looked at the bios for the new characters announced yesterday on the official website, and if you didn't read them yet EL here's a quick summary of their stories:
  • Leo - Discovers that Kazuya is the Devil and likely had Leo's mother killed because she was a researcher into the Devil Gene for G-Corp, and used her (and others) just to learn more of the Devil and then had them killed when he felt they were no longer useful to him.
  • Steve - Basically just in it for the money again and to find a new future for himself, after fulfilling his purpose of discovering his origins left him with nothing to pursue.
  • Kuma - Believes Heihachi is still alive; wears his attire and fights to keep the Zaibatsu afloat so Heihachi has something to come back to, although we know he isn't ever coming back.
  • Yoshimitsu - Sword is possessed by some demon shit and wants blood, and the blade seeks out whatever the source is to cut it at the root.
  • Shaheen - Seeks to finish the job his friend Salim started after the latter is killed by G-Corp.
  • Dragunov - Gets given time off work, so opens his diary that contains a bucket list of stuff to do and picks something from it that is difficult to achieve.

I'd say of them all Yoshimitsu's is the most interesting to me. Also his bio reveals Bosconovitch is somehow still alive and kicking, when I really thought he'd be dead because of how old he is. XD

Also, whoever works on the text stuff for Tekken 8 needs to really pay more attention. The amount of spelling errors I have found is pretty embarrassing for the game at this point:
  • Yoshimitu's page on the official website says his country is formely Japan.
  • Hwoarang's name is spelt as Hworang on both the main Fighters page as well as at the top of his character page, despite the rest of his bio having the correct spelling.
  • The numerous spelling errors that have appeared in the trailers so far.
The fact the website errors have not been fixed when it would take two seconds to do it is bad. I get not fixing the trailers after they go live because that means redoing the whole trailer but the website has no excuse really. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Huh, yeah I didn't notice the two Collector's editions have different statues and thought it was regional reasons for the two names only, since on the EU site I could see purchasing details for the Premium Collector's Edition but was told my region was invalid for the Collector's Edition. I get now the CE is invalid because it's not in the US but I thought the PCE was US and the CE was non-US. XD

Also check your region in the drop down to the top right of the area on the Bandai Namco website that shows all the editions, because for me it was defaulting to Algeria. Might just do that to me since I'm outside the EU entirely but worth checking in case that's why you aren't getting all the purchase options EL. Wink

I looked at the bios for the new characters announced yesterday on the official website, and if you didn't read them yet EL here's a quick summary of their stories:
  • Leo - Discovers that Kazuya is the Devil and likely had Leo's mother killed because she was a researcher into the Devil Gene for G-Corp, and used her (and others) just to learn more of the Devil and then had them killed when he felt they were no longer useful to him.
  • Steve - Basically just in it for the money again and to find a new future for himself, after fulfilling his purpose of discovering his origins left him with nothing to pursue.
  • Kuma - Believes Heihachi is still alive; wears his attire and fights to keep the Zaibatsu afloat so Heihachi has something to come back to, although we know he isn't ever coming back.
  • Yoshimitsu - Sword is possessed by some demon shit and wants blood, and the blade seeks out whatever the source is to cut it at the root.
  • Shaheen - Seeks to finish the job his friend Salim started after the latter is killed by G-Corp.
  • Dragunov - Gets given time off work, so opens his diary that contains a bucket list of stuff to do and picks something from it that is difficult to achieve.

I'd say of them all Yoshimitsu's is the most interesting to me. Also his bio reveals Bosconovitch is somehow still alive and kicking, when I really thought he'd be dead because of how old he is. XD

Also, whoever works on the text stuff for Tekken 8 needs to really pay more attention. The amount of spelling errors I have found is pretty embarrassing for the game at this point:
  • Yoshimitu's page on the official website says his country is formely Japan.
  • Hwoarang's name is spelt as Hworang on both the main Fighters page as well as at the top of his character page, despite the rest of his bio having the correct spelling.
  • The numerous spelling errors that have appeared in the trailers so far.
The fact the website errors have not been fixed when it would take two seconds to do it is bad. I get not fixing the trailers after they go live because that means redoing the whole trailer but the website has no excuse really. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Can't seem to add what I was originally going to put earlier even though I've typed it out again and again. So I'll just respond to your post. I deleted the previous post, I somehow managed to edit it to a single word but not what I wanted there. XD It was basically mentioning the prices for all of the Editions and that there is a Launch Edition as well which is pretty much the Ultimate Edition minus the Year 1 Pass, Costumes and Avatar add-ons.

You can see the six characters? I can only see Raven and Azucena as the most recent added Fighters, unless I'm using a different site which is this: https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/tekken/tekken-8

Most of them bios sound like definite side characters but all could be seen in the story in some way. Steve less then again with the state of the world and the Iron Fist Tournament likely getting interrupted he might be roped into more than just money. I thought Dragunov would still be on a mission after the Devil Gene after Kazuya publicly revealed himself so he'd have two targets. Kuma, not sure what he'll do exactly with that type of goal. Leo and Yoshimitsu the most interesting, Shaheen sort of depending on if he can show what he means.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Can't seem to add what I was originally going to put earlier even though I've typed it out again and again. So I'll just respond to your post. I deleted the previous post, I somehow managed to edit it to a single word but not what I wanted there. XD It was basically mentioning the prices for all of the Editions and that there is a Launch Edition as well which is pretty much the Ultimate Edition minus the Year 1 Pass, Costumes and Avatar add-ons.

You can see the six characters? I can only see Raven and Azucena as the most recent added Fighters, unless I'm using a different site which is this: https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/tekken/tekken-8

Most of them bios sound like definite side characters but all could be seen in the story in some way. Steve less then again with the state of the world and the Iron Fist Tournament likely getting interrupted he might be roped into more than just money. I thought Dragunov would still be on a mission after the Devil Gene after Kazuya publicly revealed himself so he'd have two targets. Kuma, not sure what he'll do exactly with that type of goal. Leo and Yoshimitsu the most interesting, Shaheen sort of depending on if he can show what he means.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Use https://tekken.com to get an up to date list of fighters as well as their bios and renders. Wink

I find it funny thinking again of Steve, Paul and Law all entering just for money and trusting that to still work out, not because they never win but because do they really think this newest tournament will have an actual winner? The last two have been cancelled due to the organizer disappearing and it doesn't look like it'll be a secret that Jin and others are coming to kill Kazuya, so no one should logically enter this tournament expecting it to actually run to completion this time. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Use https://tekken.com to get an up to date list of fighters as well as their bios and renders. Wink

I find it funny thinking again of Steve, Paul and Law all entering just for money and trusting that to still work out, not because they never win but because do they really think this newest tournament will have an actual winner? The last two have been cancelled due to the organizer disappearing and it doesn't look like it'll be a secret that Jin and others are coming to kill Kazuya, so no one should logically enter this tournament expecting it to actually run to completion this time. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
That link just redirects me to the one I linked to. I even searched for just Tekken 8 and don't get simply tekken.com at all. Just doesn't like me apparently. XD

Yeah their plan won't work, even though it did once in an alternate universe/if their wins were canon in T6 where they tried to share winnings. Will they try and rig it again or be genuinely in contest with each other, initially? From at least Paul and Law's intro they're being competitive there.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
That link just redirects me to the one I linked to. I even searched for just Tekken 8 and don't get simply tekken.com at all. Just doesn't like me apparently. XD

Yeah their plan won't work, even though it did once in an alternate universe/if their wins were canon in T6 where they tried to share winnings. Will they try and rig it again or be genuinely in contest with each other, initially? From at least Paul and Law's intro they're being competitive there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elden Ring | Shadow of the Erdtree Trailer Moonface 139 23,273 Mar 9th, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,574 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Tekken (Series) Mr EliteL 49 29,213 Jul 21st, 2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface