Tekken 8 | Season 1 Trailer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,822
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
That's really weird the tekken.com link doesn't send you to the official game website. I can even visit the Japanese version of the Tekken website without being kicked out. If you want any character bios from the official website let me know and I'll just copy and paste them in here, since the ones on the EU Bandai Namco website are nowhere close to the length or detail of those on the tekken.com website.

There might be more news coming out tomorrow or at least an extended look at Arcade Quest since Tekken 8 is being included as part of IGN's Gamescom Day 2 coverage where everything listed for that day is going to be exclusive looks, which for me implies new info.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,822 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
That's really weird the tekken.com link doesn't send you to the official game website. I can even visit the Japanese version of the Tekken website without being kicked out. If you want any character bios from the official website let me know and I'll just copy and paste them in here, since the ones on the EU Bandai Namco website are nowhere close to the length or detail of those on the tekken.com website.

There might be more news coming out tomorrow or at least an extended look at Arcade Quest since Tekken 8 is being included as part of IGN's Gamescom Day 2 coverage where everything listed for that day is going to be exclusive looks, which for me implies new info.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah I can at least go on the Japan site, although won't translate the bios on my phone. I don't want to trouble you for them, otherwise I'd want all of them. XD Does Azucena's mention Leroy, because she's meant to be the supplier for his café.

Ah I'll try and catch that IGN coverage then.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah I can at least go on the Japan site, although won't translate the bios on my phone. I don't want to trouble you for them, otherwise I'd want all of them. XD Does Azucena's mention Leroy, because she's meant to be the supplier for his café.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 24th, 2023, 11:12 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Weird it won't translate since Chrome should do it, assuming that's your phone browser. It isn't always automatic though, so you might have to use the 3-dot menu on the top right of the app to select the translate page option. If not, all of the US/JP bios are written in each character's page on the Tekken Wiki: https://antifandom.com/tekken/wiki/Tekken_8#Characters
As for Azucena's bio mentioning Leroy, it does not.

I also wasn't sure what IGN did for Tekken 8 coverage at Gamescom in the end as I never saw anything at the time, but it turns out they did a brief interview about some things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXaDA_i1...hannel=IGN
I haven't gone through it fully but it doesn't seem to give out a whole lot of new stuff. Mostly seems to be just explaining where certain ideas came from or something. Shrug

Did you know btw that Harada doesn't seem to be the writer of the story for Tekken? I always thought he was but this Tweet/X implies he has little to no control over that side of things: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments...llain_but/

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 24th, 2023, 11:12 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Weird it won't translate since Chrome should do it, assuming that's your phone browser. It isn't always automatic though, so you might have to use the 3-dot menu on the top right of the app to select the translate page option. If not, all of the US/JP bios are written in each character's page on the Tekken Wiki: https://antifandom.com/tekken/wiki/Tekken_8#Characters
As for Azucena's bio mentioning Leroy, it does not.

I also wasn't sure what IGN did for Tekken 8 coverage at Gamescom in the end as I never saw anything at the time, but it turns out they did a brief interview about some things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXaDA_i1...hannel=IGN
I haven't gone through it fully but it doesn't seem to give out a whole lot of new stuff. Mostly seems to be just explaining where certain ideas came from or something. Shrug

Did you know btw that Harada doesn't seem to be the writer of the story for Tekken? I always thought he was but this Tweet/X implies he has little to no control over that side of things: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments...llain_but/
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh wow the bios are much longer indeed. Yeah I read Azucena's and she's done more with herself than I thought, thought it was just about the coffee and being an MMA fighter.

I didn't watch all of the Gamescom coverage, well I missed the beginning which was where the interview was shown and that was all I found skimming through the rest of the Twitch stream. Watched the interview, forgot what was in there other than just talking about ideas like you said, didn't seem important like as a notable announcement/confirmation or anything.

I thought Harada had some input in the story but seems he's sort of there and trying to put suggestions in but gets shot down by the writers like him wanting Jin to be a villain. I suppose the closest he got to that was T6 Jin. Kinda prefer Jin between good and evil, although is now making me wonder what it would be like if Kazuya and Jin were a team or two different sides of evil the Tekken world has to deal with. Even though Kazuya is still more on the evil side, still think he has some chance of redemption with Jun back, if she wasn't then nah. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh wow the bios are much longer indeed. Yeah I read Azucena's and she's done more with herself than I thought, thought it was just about the coffee and being an MMA fighter.

I didn't watch all of the Gamescom coverage, well I missed the beginning which was where the interview was shown and that was all I found skimming through the rest of the Twitch stream. Watched the interview, forgot what was in there other than just talking about ideas like you said, didn't seem important like as a notable announcement/confirmation or anything.

I thought Harada had some input in the story but seems he's sort of there and trying to put suggestions in but gets shot down by the writers like him wanting Jin to be a villain. I suppose the closest he got to that was T6 Jin. Kinda prefer Jin between good and evil, although is now making me wonder what it would be like if Kazuya and Jin were a team or two different sides of evil the Tekken world has to deal with. Even though Kazuya is still more on the evil side, still think he has some chance of redemption with Jun back, if she wasn't then nah. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 5th, 2023, 11:21 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
So it wasn't until after my last post in here I learned Harada was never the guy who created Tekken nor seems to have really ever been in a position that involved being a lead writer. So I guess that explains why he doesn't have full control as it isn't really his IP to begin with? Sweat

There was a Famitsu interview recently that got translated with some extra details about Story Mode and Arcade Quest that are actually worth a damn compared to that Gamescom interview:

Yellow Motion Wrote:
STORY MODE & ARCADE QUEST

🔹The Main Story is MUCH bigger than #TEKKEN7 ( IMO hinting to at least twice as big )

🔹The Budget for it was so high, the devs' eyes popped out 👀

🔹The "Main Story Mode" is separate from Arcade Quest Mode.

🔹Arcade Quest is described as an RPG-inspired Tutorial Mode 🎮

🔹Offers unique features and elements to discover ( Many details are still under wraps for a later reveal )

🔹Street Fighter 6's story mode was large and enjoyable, but Tekken 8's main story mode and arcade quest are entirely separate, so they cannot be compared directly.

CUSTOMIZATION

First posted here, now Officially Confirmed!

🔹You can customize character's shoes individually.

🔹Adjust accessory positions and sizes purely for aesthetics, ensuring gameplay remains unaffected.

🔹Swap "certain" characters outfits to those with connections or rivalries.

TUTORIALS

🔹All 32 characters have tutorials, ensuring accessibility for players of all skill levels.

🔹The tutorials are user-friendly, covering basic and advanced game mechanics comprehensively.

BONUS

🔹Kuma's "Mishima Zaibatsu Salmon" is called "Mechanical Space Salmon" 🐻🚀🐟

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 5th, 2023, 11:21 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
So it wasn't until after my last post in here I learned Harada was never the guy who created Tekken nor seems to have really ever been in a position that involved being a lead writer. So I guess that explains why he doesn't have full control as it isn't really his IP to begin with? Sweat

There was a Famitsu interview recently that got translated with some extra details about Story Mode and Arcade Quest that are actually worth a damn compared to that Gamescom interview:

Yellow Motion Wrote:
STORY MODE & ARCADE QUEST

🔹The Main Story is MUCH bigger than #TEKKEN7 ( IMO hinting to at least twice as big )

🔹The Budget for it was so high, the devs' eyes popped out 👀

🔹The "Main Story Mode" is separate from Arcade Quest Mode.

🔹Arcade Quest is described as an RPG-inspired Tutorial Mode 🎮

🔹Offers unique features and elements to discover ( Many details are still under wraps for a later reveal )

🔹Street Fighter 6's story mode was large and enjoyable, but Tekken 8's main story mode and arcade quest are entirely separate, so they cannot be compared directly.

CUSTOMIZATION

First posted here, now Officially Confirmed!

🔹You can customize character's shoes individually.

🔹Adjust accessory positions and sizes purely for aesthetics, ensuring gameplay remains unaffected.

🔹Swap "certain" characters outfits to those with connections or rivalries.

TUTORIALS

🔹All 32 characters have tutorials, ensuring accessibility for players of all skill levels.

🔹The tutorials are user-friendly, covering basic and advanced game mechanics comprehensively.

BONUS

🔹Kuma's "Mishima Zaibatsu Salmon" is called "Mechanical Space Salmon" 🐻🚀🐟
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah from my understanding he joined as a director in Tekken 3 so T1/T2 wasn't him, apparently he was also a designer too.

I saw in a screenshot about shoes which had Kazuya with lots of different types of shoes, some seemed to be based on other fighters too.

I thought Arcade Quest would have nothing to do with the Story Mode, good and also great that the latter mode is much larger. That high budget, no wonder after the success of T7. A better Tutorial mode is good too but if it's similar to other games I've seen like BlazBlue I won't be bothered to do all of them, just ones I care about playing.

Geez when are gameplay trailers coming out for the newly announced characters, similar to how the others were done before the CNT dropped? I'm not getting impatient, just thought they might start doing them because it's a while until the next Master tournament for T7 that might get something else for T8 which is REV Major at the end of this month, then Thaiger Uppercut because they're last two of the year. There's also whatever that event was towards the end of the year for games too, plus the TWT Finals early January so not many chances left before Jan 24th. Unless there's things they want to save for us to find out on release, which also is fine.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah from my understanding he joined as a director in Tekken 3 so T1/T2 wasn't him, apparently he was also a designer too.

I saw in a screenshot about shoes which had Kazuya with lots of different types of shoes, some seemed to be based on other fighters too.

I thought Arcade Quest would have nothing to do with the Story Mode, good and also great that the latter mode is much larger. That high budget, no wonder after the success of T7. A better Tutorial mode is good too but if it's similar to other games I've seen like BlazBlue I won't be bothered to do all of them, just ones I care about playing.

Geez when are gameplay trailers coming out for the newly announced characters, similar to how the others were done before the CNT dropped? I'm not getting impatient, just thought they might start doing them because it's a while until the next Master tournament for T7 that might get something else for T8 which is REV Major at the end of this month, then Thaiger Uppercut because they're last two of the year. There's also whatever that event was towards the end of the year for games too, plus the TWT Finals early January so not many chances left before Jan 24th. Unless there's things they want to save for us to find out on release, which also is fine.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I'd have expected them to try putting out trailers for all the characters who got revealed in that last trailer prior to TGS so that we get someone new at that event. With 8 characters and like 4 months left to launch, that gives us like two character reveals a month until launch so it isn't like the remaining 8 need to be held back for the sake of having enough content left to reveal until launch day.

I hope the bigger budget doesn't all go into just the Story Mode though. It feels like in terms of content variety Tekken fell off after T5 with everything being piled into Scenario Mode and Story Mode in T6 and T7 respectively, when Tekken was the first fighting game to offer so many modes that weren't a staple of the genre back when T2 released.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I'd have expected them to try putting out trailers for all the characters who got revealed in that last trailer prior to TGS so that we get someone new at that event. With 8 characters and like 4 months left to launch, that gives us like two character reveals a month until launch so it isn't like the remaining 8 need to be held back for the sake of having enough content left to reveal until launch day.

I hope the bigger budget doesn't all go into just the Story Mode though. It feels like in terms of content variety Tekken fell off after T5 with everything being piled into Scenario Mode and Story Mode in T6 and T7 respectively, when Tekken was the first fighting game to offer so many modes that weren't a staple of the genre back when T2 released.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah TGS was the other event I had in mind. That usually isn't announcement heavy though like other events are, but with the 2 hours Tekken Talk perhaps something in there even if just more information about gameplay/improvements they've been doing, or gameplay for the Yoshimitsu and the rest as it's on stream like tournaments are, plus TGS is a playable games event too so there'll be people there in person too. We'll see.

Yeah I'm hoping it isn't just Story Mode and Arcade Quest, need more of the staple modes make a return again or perhaps new ones too. Not too bothered on Time Attack but the others would be great to see again.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah TGS was the other event I had in mind. That usually isn't announcement heavy though like other events are, but with the 2 hours Tekken Talk perhaps something in there even if just more information about gameplay/improvements they've been doing, or gameplay for the Yoshimitsu and the rest as it's on stream like tournaments are, plus TGS is a playable games event too so there'll be people there in person too. We'll see.

Yeah I'm hoping it isn't just Story Mode and Arcade Quest, need more of the staple modes make a return again or perhaps new ones too. Not too bothered on Time Attack but the others would be great to see again.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 7th, 2023, 08:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If the playable demo at TGS contains the newly revealed characters I would expect trailers for all those characters to come out, since if not it'll be obvious that someone will record gameplay of every character we haven't seen a trailer for yet so we can see their special finishers and stuff. Although dumping eight trailers at once would be incredibly overwhelming so I hope that any situation that could cause that is avoided. x.x

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 7th, 2023, 08:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If the playable demo at TGS contains the newly revealed characters I would expect trailers for all those characters to come out, since if not it'll be obvious that someone will record gameplay of every character we haven't seen a trailer for yet so we can see their special finishers and stuff. Although dumping eight trailers at once would be incredibly overwhelming so I hope that any situation that could cause that is avoided. x.x
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Feng Wei Gameplay & Closed Beta Beta Reveal Trailer

Feng Wei returns for Tekken 8, sporting a new look along with another Test for players to join, this time a Closed Beta Test which features a lot more than what the Network Test included. A quick summary:
  • Tekken Fight Lounge - Direct matching, Chat, Profile, Friend Request, Rival, Follow, Block, Report
  • Modes - Ranked & Group matches (Ranked limits up to rank 10), Quick matches, Battle tutorial
  • Tekken Fight Money Shop
  • 19 playable characters, all CNT characters along with Raven, Azucena and Feng
  • 6 stages, all CNT stages plus Ortiz Farm (Azucena stage)
  • Gameplay Changes - Heat Burst damage adjusted, previous Heat Burst with Heat Dash made combos long are changed to reduce length of those combos, recoverable damage while in Heat state reduced
  • Battle System changes - Power crushes improved, performance of reversals and parries decreased, dashes and back-dashes easier to perform, added restrictions to wall-hit combos, overall balance adjustment
  • Special Style adjustments - More moves with directional keys/buttons added to access them
  • Visual Effects - Brightness, shape and range of effects adjustments, option to set effect visibility to "low"

Closed Beta Test will be available on the weekend of October 20-23rd, registration end October 11th. All who participated in the Closed Network Test do not need to apply again, they're invited to play once more. Full article on the Closed Beta can be read here.

Absolutely sweet CNT player get to try the Beta out again. Although does suck for those who tried to apply but not get accepted so they need to apply again. Hopefully some those try and do get in this time. As Story mode is obviously not here neither is the Arcade...whatever mode, but hoping those are not the only modes missing if this is what it looks like the game will be after those two are completed. Good to see Azucena here so she can basically be play-tested by more people. Although dang new Feng announcement yet still nothing on the other 6 but assume they're for the game release and their trailers will come in the meantime leading up to this Best Test. 7 spots left now for base as well.

EDIT: Also even more has been revealed which wasn't mentioned earlier;

However they could be leaks for TGS in two days though I've watched them already thinking it was announced somewhere I haven't seen yet though wasn't on an official Namco channel. Although I'll be putting it briefly in a spoiler for now even though I'm basically the only one who's intending to get the game being spoiled on here. XD 

Tekken Ball returns which will also be in the CBT plus gameplay of both that and Tekken Fight Lounge
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Tekken 8 | Feng Wei Gameplay & Closed Beta Beta Reveal Trailer

Feng Wei returns for Tekken 8, sporting a new look along with another Test for players to join, this time a Closed Beta Test which features a lot more than what the Network Test included. A quick summary:
  • Tekken Fight Lounge - Direct matching, Chat, Profile, Friend Request, Rival, Follow, Block, Report
  • Modes - Ranked & Group matches (Ranked limits up to rank 10), Quick matches, Battle tutorial
  • Tekken Fight Money Shop
  • 19 playable characters, all CNT characters along with Raven, Azucena and Feng
  • 6 stages, all CNT stages plus Ortiz Farm (Azucena stage)
  • Gameplay Changes - Heat Burst damage adjusted, previous Heat Burst with Heat Dash made combos long are changed to reduce length of those combos, recoverable damage while in Heat state reduced
  • Battle System changes - Power crushes improved, performance of reversals and parries decreased, dashes and back-dashes easier to perform, added restrictions to wall-hit combos, overall balance adjustment
  • Special Style adjustments - More moves with directional keys/buttons added to access them
  • Visual Effects - Brightness, shape and range of effects adjustments, option to set effect visibility to "low"

Closed Beta Test will be available on the weekend of October 20-23rd, registration end October 11th. All who participated in the Closed Network Test do not need to apply again, they're invited to play once more. Full article on the Closed Beta can be read here.

Absolutely sweet CNT player get to try the Beta out again. Although does suck for those who tried to apply but not get accepted so they need to apply again. Hopefully some those try and do get in this time. As Story mode is obviously not here neither is the Arcade...whatever mode, but hoping those are not the only modes missing if this is what it looks like the game will be after those two are completed. Good to see Azucena here so she can basically be play-tested by more people. Although dang new Feng announcement yet still nothing on the other 6 but assume they're for the game release and their trailers will come in the meantime leading up to this Best Test. 7 spots left now for base as well.

EDIT: Also even more has been revealed which wasn't mentioned earlier;

However they could be leaks for TGS in two days though I've watched them already thinking it was announced somewhere I haven't seen yet though wasn't on an official Namco channel. Although I'll be putting it briefly in a spoiler for now even though I'm basically the only one who's intending to get the game being spoiled on here. XD 

Tekken Ball returns which will also be in the CBT plus gameplay of both that and Tekken Fight Lounge
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Panda Revealed
Panda has been revealed as the next character addition at TGS 2023: https://tk8.tekken-official.jp/character...hara=panda

No trailer yet, but the Japanese website shows the character now. I'm guessing a trailer might come out later today when it'll be seen more prominently by Western audiences rather than dropping it in the middle of the night.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tekken 8 | Panda Revealed
Panda has been revealed as the next character addition at TGS 2023: https://tk8.tekken-official.jp/character...hara=panda

No trailer yet, but the Japanese website shows the character now. I'm guessing a trailer might come out later today when it'll be seen more prominently by Western audiences rather than dropping it in the middle of the night.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I was disappointed at first but looking at the images for Panda she has a move from Xiaoyu and as Kuma has Heihachi moves, so now there's an actual reason to have Kuma and Panda separated as opposed to T7. Tag 2 made sense only if you wanted to play them both in a team. Either or both could've still been relegated to background character to allow another character their slot but as there's always been at least one bear in every game, just got to let them have it. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I was disappointed at first but looking at the images for Panda she has a move from Xiaoyu and as Kuma has Heihachi moves, so now there's an actual reason to have Kuma and Panda separated as opposed to T7. Tag 2 made sense only if you wanted to play them both in a team. Either or both could've still been relegated to background character to allow another character their slot but as there's always been at least one bear in every game, just got to let them have it. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll may as well add in what the early TGS videos had which were a part of the Tekken Talk that happened today/late last night as well as the aforementioned TGS stream.

Tekken 8 | TGS Tekken Talk Live

Shorter video of highlighted points:
(Tekken Ball, Super Ghost Battle, Azucena vs Lili, Customised Law vs Paul, Raven vs Kazuya, Tekken Fight Lounge)

Quick summary:

Story Mode Gameplay Footage Video (without Tekken Talk commentary)
Arcade Quest ~ Journey for the player, learn basics and techniques from the avatar characters and evolve
Super Ghost Battle ~ Fight against AI version of yourself that learns as you do as well as other player Ghosts which can be downloaded
Tekken Fight Lounge ~ Enter an Arcade-inspired area to do battle with others, play Tekken Ball and customise
Online Battle ~ Group, Quick and Ranked modes to Battle or Spectate, Ranked will be universally Best of 3 (like CNT was)
My Replay and Tips ~ To further improve your game as you watch and receive advice on what to do from your Replays
Practice ~ Has Challenges to learn a taste of what a character can do with a combo of moves (was in CNT), also be able to place yourself in certain situations to see what you can do from them (partly could already do this in previous games but can now restart from different times within a combo)
Closed Beta Test Game Director Nakatsu vs Harada as they play on the CBT build
Upcoming Figurines ~ Game Dimensions Jin (Jan '24) and King (April '24) figures, Good Smile Company Nendoroid Xiaoyu and S.H.Figuarts Jin

So all looking good, and definitely great to see Tekken Ball return and we get to play it in the CBT as well. Still hoping there will be modes like Survival and Team Battle also making their rightful comeback though. Although Ranked being limited to a Best of 3...it's OK but liked it when I found a player of similar skill who were happy to keep playing each other until one of us demoted or had enough. Ah well.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll may as well add in what the early TGS videos had which were a part of the Tekken Talk that happened today/late last night as well as the aforementioned TGS stream.

Tekken 8 | TGS Tekken Talk Live

Shorter video of highlighted points:
(Tekken Ball, Super Ghost Battle, Azucena vs Lili, Customised Law vs Paul, Raven vs Kazuya, Tekken Fight Lounge)

Quick summary:

Story Mode Gameplay Footage Video (without Tekken Talk commentary)
Arcade Quest ~ Journey for the player, learn basics and techniques from the avatar characters and evolve
Super Ghost Battle ~ Fight against AI version of yourself that learns as you do as well as other player Ghosts which can be downloaded
Tekken Fight Lounge ~ Enter an Arcade-inspired area to do battle with others, play Tekken Ball and customise
Online Battle ~ Group, Quick and Ranked modes to Battle or Spectate, Ranked will be universally Best of 3 (like CNT was)
My Replay and Tips ~ To further improve your game as you watch and receive advice on what to do from your Replays
Practice ~ Has Challenges to learn a taste of what a character can do with a combo of moves (was in CNT), also be able to place yourself in certain situations to see what you can do from them (partly could already do this in previous games but can now restart from different times within a combo)
Closed Beta Test Game Director Nakatsu vs Harada as they play on the CBT build
Upcoming Figurines ~ Game Dimensions Jin (Jan '24) and King (April '24) figures, Good Smile Company Nendoroid Xiaoyu and S.H.Figuarts Jin

So all looking good, and definitely great to see Tekken Ball return and we get to play it in the CBT as well. Still hoping there will be modes like Survival and Team Battle also making their rightful comeback though. Although Ranked being limited to a Best of 3...it's OK but liked it when I found a player of similar skill who were happy to keep playing each other until one of us demoted or had enough. Ah well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Okay, so I didn't get to give my thoughts on anything properly because my internet was out for the last three days (yes, it was down frequently or entirely since Thursday...) so this will probably get long:

Tekken Ball
YES! I never expected to see this mode again since I'm used to these little minigame side modes to be a one and done thing for the game they show up in, and making it online playable sounds really fun. I wonder if the mode will ever get used during tournaments as a little break section to have on for fun or something, and I also wonder what characters will get popular in this mode since it isn't going to involve the same tech as regular fights will.

Feng Wei and Panda
I've seen a lot of comments about it already, and I agree with them that Feng's face seems a bit too tight and like he got botox. I don't hate it, but his face at 1:52 looks sillier than menacing to me. LOL 
Also, here's his full bio from the US website for you @Mr EliteL since I know the UK one is garbage:

Tekken Website Wrote:
Feng Wei is a master of Taijiquan who, guided by the teachings of the God Fist scrolls, aims to become the perfect warrior who transcends all — the Dragon God. However, at the most recent King of Iron Fist Tournament, Feng suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of Wing Chun master Leroy Smith.

"You will never reach the height of true martial arts with that heartless technique of yours. You are unworthy of even being compared to your master."

The master to which Leroy refers is Wu Zihao, a martial artist who was known as the "God Fist" and under whose guidance Feng trained. In contrast to Feng, who believes that true martial arts reside in pure and unyielding power, his master Wu Zihao had always preached that it is essential for one's heart to be in line with one's technique.

Whose belief holds the truth? Feng thought he had found the answer on the stormy night he killed his own master...yet his fight with Leroy seemed to say otherwise. (Wing Chun as a martial art is nearly invulnerable. Users turn their opponents' own power against them to control them. Even still, if one can just break through their defenses with overwhelming power, then...!)

Feng uses his rage as fuel for his training, and travels to every corner of the globe, destroying masters who excel in self-defense as he grows even more powerful. Six months pass, and Nina Williams visits Feng with a proposal: she promises him that if he lends his support to G Corp, they will provide him with an opportunity to avenge himself against Leroy.

Although he knows that such an offer means he will become an accomplice to G Corp, Feng gives his assent. Feng scoffs at the ridiculous concept of "heart" that his dead master and Leroy value so much, continuing down the path he must take to become the Dragon God.

Panda has nothing really of note on her bio, she's just following Xiaoyu around. That's it. Don't really have anything to say even if she had a video probably since I've never cared for Panda and will always see it as nothing more than a palette swap of Kuma that never deserved becoming its own character, especially when their bio for T8 is "I'm a pet and follow my owner". I bet her Arcade ending CG movie will be utterly riveting. Rolleyes

Tekken Talk
I don't intend to watch the whole thing and may not even watch any of it because I'll probably just forget to do it, but I got a good idea of what was in it from this summary on the Tekken subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments...show_2023/

Not too hot on the name for the Story mode. "The Dark Awakens" sounds like a poor translation even though it's apparently not, and also doesn't feel like a fitting name for where we are in the overall story of Tekken. It sounds like the start of something, when Kazuya has been an evil bastard since T2 and both he and Jin awakened their Devil powers long before T8, so unless it's referencing something else that we won't see until the story I'm not sure on it.

I'm curious what will happen if choosing not to dodge in a QTE scene and having low health can result in taking a hit and actually being KO'd during that QTE, or if those sections can't be failed to that degree.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Okay, so I didn't get to give my thoughts on anything properly because my internet was out for the last three days (yes, it was down frequently or entirely since Thursday...) so this will probably get long:

Tekken Ball
YES! I never expected to see this mode again since I'm used to these little minigame side modes to be a one and done thing for the game they show up in, and making it online playable sounds really fun. I wonder if the mode will ever get used during tournaments as a little break section to have on for fun or something, and I also wonder what characters will get popular in this mode since it isn't going to involve the same tech as regular fights will.

Feng Wei and Panda
I've seen a lot of comments about it already, and I agree with them that Feng's face seems a bit too tight and like he got botox. I don't hate it, but his face at 1:52 looks sillier than menacing to me. LOL 
Also, here's his full bio from the US website for you @Mr EliteL since I know the UK one is garbage:

Tekken Website Wrote:
Feng Wei is a master of Taijiquan who, guided by the teachings of the God Fist scrolls, aims to become the perfect warrior who transcends all — the Dragon God. However, at the most recent King of Iron Fist Tournament, Feng suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of Wing Chun master Leroy Smith.

"You will never reach the height of true martial arts with that heartless technique of yours. You are unworthy of even being compared to your master."

The master to which Leroy refers is Wu Zihao, a martial artist who was known as the "God Fist" and under whose guidance Feng trained. In contrast to Feng, who believes that true martial arts reside in pure and unyielding power, his master Wu Zihao had always preached that it is essential for one's heart to be in line with one's technique.

Whose belief holds the truth? Feng thought he had found the answer on the stormy night he killed his own master...yet his fight with Leroy seemed to say otherwise. (Wing Chun as a martial art is nearly invulnerable. Users turn their opponents' own power against them to control them. Even still, if one can just break through their defenses with overwhelming power, then...!)

Feng uses his rage as fuel for his training, and travels to every corner of the globe, destroying masters who excel in self-defense as he grows even more powerful. Six months pass, and Nina Williams visits Feng with a proposal: she promises him that if he lends his support to G Corp, they will provide him with an opportunity to avenge himself against Leroy.

Although he knows that such an offer means he will become an accomplice to G Corp, Feng gives his assent. Feng scoffs at the ridiculous concept of "heart" that his dead master and Leroy value so much, continuing down the path he must take to become the Dragon God.

Panda has nothing really of note on her bio, she's just following Xiaoyu around. That's it. Don't really have anything to say even if she had a video probably since I've never cared for Panda and will always see it as nothing more than a palette swap of Kuma that never deserved becoming its own character, especially when their bio for T8 is "I'm a pet and follow my owner". I bet her Arcade ending CG movie will be utterly riveting. Rolleyes

Tekken Talk
I don't intend to watch the whole thing and may not even watch any of it because I'll probably just forget to do it, but I got a good idea of what was in it from this summary on the Tekken subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments...show_2023/

Not too hot on the name for the Story mode. "The Dark Awakens" sounds like a poor translation even though it's apparently not, and also doesn't feel like a fitting name for where we are in the overall story of Tekken. It sounds like the start of something, when Kazuya has been an evil bastard since T2 and both he and Jin awakened their Devil powers long before T8, so unless it's referencing something else that we won't see until the story I'm not sure on it.

I'm curious what will happen if choosing not to dodge in a QTE scene and having low health can result in taking a hit and actually being KO'd during that QTE, or if those sections can't be failed to that degree.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah so Leeroy's trailer for T7 where he fought Feng was sort of a confirmation they met and as Leroy was a new character he wasn't just going to lose immediately. Makes sense they're making him join G Corp side, well Kazuya's side needs more notable characters to be enemies to Jin's side or other's side as I doubt Leroy and some others will actually be with Jin after what he's done, like Claudio who's against both.

Didn't realise there was a title yet for the Story Mode, yeah it's a bit...off unless it really is leading to something else, or perhaps Harada gets his way and Jin fully turns bad like Kazuya after having more control over the power. Either way it certainly isn't going to be the end of Tekken, I didn't think 8 would be anyway.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah so Leeroy's trailer for T7 where he fought Feng was sort of a confirmation they met and as Leroy was a new character he wasn't just going to lose immediately. Makes sense they're making him join G Corp side, well Kazuya's side needs more notable characters to be enemies to Jin's side or other's side as I doubt Leroy and some others will actually be with Jin after what he's done, like Claudio who's against both.

Didn't realise there was a title yet for the Story Mode, yeah it's a bit...off unless it really is leading to something else, or perhaps Harada gets his way and Jin fully turns bad like Kazuya after having more control over the power. Either way it certainly isn't going to be the end of Tekken, I didn't think 8 would be anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elden Ring | Shadow of the Erdtree Trailer Moonface 139 23,889 Mar 9th, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,679 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Tekken (Series) Mr EliteL 49 29,570 Jul 21st, 2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface