Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:11 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Don't, then.

And especially avoid that cringy movie at all costs.

Now you are just tempting me Tongue

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:11 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Don't, then.

And especially avoid that cringy movie at all costs.

Now you are just tempting me Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I loved Fairly Odd Parents, until I saw the little girl who had to share having Timmy's fairy's & I was like; "nope done" after that. I also liked Danny Phantom & I really liked his female friend who was a goth, she was cool. I stopped watching after halfway through the series cause it got kind of dumb/predicitble by about that time anyway. (More so because Danny Phantom seemed to copy a lot of what DiC's "The Real Ghostbusters" episodes had tackled prior, impo.)
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I loved Fairly Odd Parents, until I saw the little girl who had to share having Timmy's fairy's & I was like; "nope done" after that. I also liked Danny Phantom & I really liked his female friend who was a goth, she was cool. I stopped watching after halfway through the series cause it got kind of dumb/predicitble by about that time anyway. (More so because Danny Phantom seemed to copy a lot of what DiC's "The Real Ghostbusters" episodes had tackled prior, impo.)
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:16 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:

It took you that long? Most people who were still watching quit with the baby then the dog.

But it seems the internet is turning againts Butch Hartman right now for some streaming service he is trying to start up. So interesting timing.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

It took you that long? Most people who were still watching quit with the baby then the dog.

But it seems the internet is turning againts Butch Hartman right now for some streaming service he is trying to start up. So interesting timing.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Yea, he tried asking his fans to help him fund OAXIS entertainment. From what I've been listening to with some people on youtube is that it's supposed to be a christian streaming service, but negleted to tell his fans that's what they were paying for essentially.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Yea, he tried asking his fans to help him fund OAXIS entertainment. From what I've been listening to with some people on youtube is that it's supposed to be a christian streaming service, but negleted to tell his fans that's what they were paying for essentially.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:19 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Oh no I stopped watching right around the time the dog came onto the show. I liked Poof. D: The dog was dumb as eff though. I only watched one episode & it was the one with the girl who was sharing his faries & I thought that was even worse then the dumb dog. So yea.

And yea, the whole OAXIS thing ended up blowing up in poor Butch's face. I actually like the guy, even if the whole OAXIS thing kind of got out of control. *shrug*
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:19 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Oh no I stopped watching right around the time the dog came onto the show. I liked Poof. D: The dog was dumb as eff though. I only watched one episode & it was the one with the girl who was sharing his faries & I thought that was even worse then the dumb dog. So yea.

And yea, the whole OAXIS thing ended up blowing up in poor Butch's face. I actually like the guy, even if the whole OAXIS thing kind of got out of control. *shrug*
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:28 PM)King Atem Wrote:

AFAIK he advertised it as "family friendly" which is basically "christian" but with or with out (blatant) religious undertones. So you know no cussing, nothing really to deal with sex, if there is violence its wacky cartoon type, etc etc etc.

So part of me feels indifferent to those complaining

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:28 PM)King Atem Wrote:

AFAIK he advertised it as "family friendly" which is basically "christian" but with or with out (blatant) religious undertones. So you know no cussing, nothing really to deal with sex, if there is violence its wacky cartoon type, etc etc etc.

So part of me feels indifferent to those complaining
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I believe that the only reason people are complaining is because he didn't outright label it as "christian entertainement". When he kind of said what it was when introducing his idea when he uploaded his OAXIS 'promotion' video.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I believe that the only reason people are complaining is because he didn't outright label it as "christian entertainement". When he kind of said what it was when introducing his idea when he uploaded his OAXIS 'promotion' video.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
The argument seems to be thus: "[he] claims while not Christian per se it will have Christian values" == "Fully Christian" which is wrong but also "not christian per se but have Christian values" often what "family friendly" is.

This is also not a new concept
Jars of Clay dispite being mainly a Christian Band was able to pull in to the top 100 charts for non christian music as some stuff was in this category
(e.g. Flood)

You also have Switchfoot and Lifehouse being other examples of "not Christian per se, we have Christian values", and find mainstream success.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
The argument seems to be thus: "[he] claims while not Christian per se it will have Christian values" == "Fully Christian" which is wrong but also "not christian per se but have Christian values" often what "family friendly" is.

This is also not a new concept
Jars of Clay dispite being mainly a Christian Band was able to pull in to the top 100 charts for non christian music as some stuff was in this category
(e.g. Flood)

You also have Switchfoot and Lifehouse being other examples of "not Christian per se, we have Christian values", and find mainstream success.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Poof and Sparky killed FOP, Chloe just spat on the grave.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 09:59 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

Chloe was a "What the hell this show is still going?!" moment for me.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 10:48 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Right! It was so stupid. And it really feels like they gave up.

There was no attempt at writing good material for her.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 11:08 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

It also violated established rules of the universe "one child one (or two) fairy god parent"

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 11:08 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

It also violated established rules of the universe "one child one (or two) fairy god parent"
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:50 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:22 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Oddly enough, that was also around the time I perceive as the end of the classic Nickelodeon era.

For me the end of "Classic Nick" was at at latest 2005 when they closed the Florida studio. That is around the time (to me) Nick dropped in Quality from shows like:
Salute Your Shorts
Doug
Hey Dude
Wild and Crazy Kids
Nick Arcade
Pete and Pete
As Told by Ginger
Double Dare
Guts (any Version)
Legends of the Hidden Temple (which according to stories was full of bullshit for the kids)
Caitlin's Way
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
etc etc etc

2005 is also when they surpast the WTFness of Invader Zim (which although weird and WTF for a children's show had some heart put in to it) with Mr. Meaty...WHo the hell approved that?!

Ok, freaking finally having a keyboard at my disposal.

The shows from that list I have never heard of are:

Salute your Shorts.

Hey Dude.

Wild And Crazy Kids.

Double Dare.

Guts.

Caitlin's Way.

Quote:It also violated established rules of the universe "one child one (or two) fairy god parent"

That's the least of their problems.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 11:22 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Oddly enough, that was also around the time I perceive as the end of the classic Nickelodeon era.

For me the end of "Classic Nick" was at at latest 2005 when they closed the Florida studio. That is around the time (to me) Nick dropped in Quality from shows like:
Salute Your Shorts
Doug
Hey Dude
Wild and Crazy Kids
Nick Arcade
Pete and Pete
As Told by Ginger
Double Dare
Guts (any Version)
Legends of the Hidden Temple (which according to stories was full of bullshit for the kids)
Caitlin's Way
etc etc etc

2005 is also when they surpast the WTFness of Invader Zim (which although weird and WTF for a children's show had some heart put in to it) with Mr. Meaty...WHo the hell approved that?!

Salute your Shorts.

Hey Dude.

Wild And Crazy Kids.

Double Dare.

Guts.

Caitlin's Way.

Quote:It also violated established rules of the universe "one child one (or two) fairy god parent"

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 24th, 2018, 12:15 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Salute Your Shorts
Doug
Hey Dude
Wild and Crazy Kids
Nick Arcade
Pete and Pete
As Told by Ginger
Double Dare
Guts (any Version)
Caitlin's Way
etc etc etc

Salute your Shorts.

Hey Dude.

Wild And Crazy Kids.

Double Dare.

Guts.

Caitlin's Way.

Salute Your Shorts - a comedy set on a Summer Camp for kids and their daily lives on the camp
Hey Dude - See above but only teens working at a Dude ranch (a cattle ranch converted to a vacation resort for tourists.) both were early Nickelodeon shows

Wild and Crazy Kids - A "game show" where different teams of kids compete against each other doing different physical tests/challenges/games (another early Nick show, honestly was some what surprised this wasn't revived back in the 00s when Nick started to push for kids to get out and play)

Guts (Do-do-do you have it) - another game show only time time its 1 v all with more physically challenging games/events/etc and more young teen competitors, had a few spin offs including one where it would be people form different countries (e.g. some one form the US, The CIS (Since it was airing around the time the USSR just fell countries like Ukraine, Georgia, etc were lumped in the CIS), the UK, etc etc etc) again another early Nick show (all these were early/mid 90s, at lease the reruns ran to the mid 90s)

Caittlin's Way :
In West* Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground is where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool

*okay maybe not west...but she was from Philadelphia...
Okay but for real:
an early 00s drama/coming-of-age show that was about a teen who kept on getting in trouble in Philly and was sent to her extended family in Montana. Big City girl must adjust to live in Small town America

As far as FOP, the best way to piss off your fans is to start violating the rules that were set for that universe, and have been around for decades, be it FOP, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. It also shows a lack of respect for the source materials, it is a symptom of a larger problem.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 24th, 2018, 12:15 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Salute Your Shorts
Doug
Hey Dude
Wild and Crazy Kids
Nick Arcade
Pete and Pete
As Told by Ginger
Double Dare
Guts (any Version)
Caitlin's Way
etc etc etc

Salute your Shorts.

Hey Dude.

Wild And Crazy Kids.

Double Dare.

Guts.

Caitlin's Way.

Salute Your Shorts - a comedy set on a Summer Camp for kids and their daily lives on the camp
Hey Dude - See above but only teens working at a Dude ranch (a cattle ranch converted to a vacation resort for tourists.) both were early Nickelodeon shows

Wild and Crazy Kids - A "game show" where different teams of kids compete against each other doing different physical tests/challenges/games (another early Nick show, honestly was some what surprised this wasn't revived back in the 00s when Nick started to push for kids to get out and play)

Guts (Do-do-do you have it) - another game show only time time its 1 v all with more physically challenging games/events/etc and more young teen competitors, had a few spin offs including one where it would be people form different countries (e.g. some one form the US, The CIS (Since it was airing around the time the USSR just fell countries like Ukraine, Georgia, etc were lumped in the CIS), the UK, etc etc etc) again another early Nick show (all these were early/mid 90s, at lease the reruns ran to the mid 90s)

Caittlin's Way :
In West* Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground is where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool

*okay maybe not west...but she was from Philadelphia...
Okay but for real:
an early 00s drama/coming-of-age show that was about a teen who kept on getting in trouble in Philly and was sent to her extended family in Montana. Big City girl must adjust to live in Small town America

As far as FOP, the best way to piss off your fans is to start violating the rules that were set for that universe, and have been around for decades, be it FOP, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. It also shows a lack of respect for the source materials, it is a symptom of a larger problem.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Ah dude, you went above and beyond with that explanation. Thanks so much.

I'm very interested in Caitlin's Way, actually... totally looks like something I'd be able to get into. Wonder why it wasn't a part of Nick LA.

And I'll give you a beer for the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song Grin
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Ah dude, you went above and beyond with that explanation. Thanks so much.

I'm very interested in Caitlin's Way, actually... totally looks like something I'd be able to get into. Wonder why it wasn't a part of Nick LA.

And I'll give you a beer for the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cartoon Shows on TV queenzelda 12 9,008 Jul 23rd, 2022, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Disney Shows Moonface 3 4,229 Jul 13th, 2022, 03:48 AM
Last Post: WR91