Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@ShiraNoMai Wait PTO, sick and vacation come under the same for you?! Yeesh that sucks. How much do you get then?

Went away to my friend's last weekend and we have a new person doing a walk we do near coastlines. Although he has to go to college soon.

Work there'll be two people off for two weeks, one is my section leader who'll be on bereavement leave. More overtime for me then. Hooray, but I definitely don't mind over that.

Thought my cat was going to have an operation on her ear yesterday, but the vets allowed her cone to come off and see how the treatment works without something around her neck. She's much happier without it anyway.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@ShiraNoMai Wait PTO, sick and vacation come under the same for you?! Yeesh that sucks. How much do you get then?

Went away to my friend's last weekend and we have a new person doing a walk we do near coastlines. Although he has to go to college soon.

Work there'll be two people off for two weeks, one is my section leader who'll be on bereavement leave. More overtime for me then. Hooray, but I definitely don't mind over that.

Thought my cat was going to have an operation on her ear yesterday, but the vets allowed her cone to come off and see how the treatment works without something around her neck. She's much happier without it anyway.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
At least Shira gets PTO. My work doesn't pay any part-timer for vacation or sick time, and if you are a full-timer then you get 10 days. The amount of time off we get in Asda might seem like a lot to use EL but when it isn't there anymore you can sure find a lot of ways you could have used it. Meh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
At least Shira gets PTO. My work doesn't pay any part-timer for vacation or sick time, and if you are a full-timer then you get 10 days. The amount of time off we get in Asda might seem like a lot to use EL but when it isn't there anymore you can sure find a lot of ways you could have used it. Meh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
No paid vacation or sick time? Geez, that really sucks. If only the 10 days meant 240 hours instead of 10 shift days. then it would be good. I still have like 60 odd hours left which is just over two weeks (8-10 days for my shift time), so yeah I would really miss what I get here. Eh

Currently doing a 50 hour week, 20 hours left. 60 if I include last Saturday. XD (or this Saturday as our work week begins Saturdays) I'll be dead this weekend. Managed to get the 21st off which will also be a day that I'll have dead legs from a long walk me and two others will be doing on the 20th.

Today kinda sucked as I kept making mistakes, which were really nothing when it comes down to it but just made me feel annoyed at myself. So I'll try and pick up my mood tonight.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
No paid vacation or sick time? Geez, that really sucks. If only the 10 days meant 240 hours instead of 10 shift days. then it would be good. I still have like 60 odd hours left which is just over two weeks (8-10 days for my shift time), so yeah I would really miss what I get here. Eh

Currently doing a 50 hour week, 20 hours left. 60 if I include last Saturday. XD (or this Saturday as our work week begins Saturdays) I'll be dead this weekend. Managed to get the 21st off which will also be a day that I'll have dead legs from a long walk me and two others will be doing on the 20th.

Today kinda sucked as I kept making mistakes, which were really nothing when it comes down to it but just made me feel annoyed at myself. So I'll try and pick up my mood tonight.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well FT gets 40 hours a week guaranteed, so 10 days off should equate to 80 hours, 1/3 of what you said EL.

My store used to be notorious for everyone doing 50+ hour weeks, but the current grocery manager stopped that when they were moved into my store (this was before I started) because he disliked how everyone had to work so much. I'm shocked it wasn't stopped before that because anything over 40 hours is instant overtime at 1.5x pay, and having an entire grocery department doing that would see a lot of money going out every week into overtime. Now if you hit 40 hours before you've done all your shifts for the week, they just make you stay home and send you home early if you hit the amount during a shift.

I keep wanting to get creative but find myself losing motivation the second I start trying to do anything. I'm wondering if it might be because there is no noise in the house, and a lot of creative stuff tends to be slow and relaxing, and so it feels boring because there's no stimulus and just a relaxing activity on top of a quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well FT gets 40 hours a week guaranteed, so 10 days off should equate to 80 hours, 1/3 of what you said EL.

My store used to be notorious for everyone doing 50+ hour weeks, but the current grocery manager stopped that when they were moved into my store (this was before I started) because he disliked how everyone had to work so much. I'm shocked it wasn't stopped before that because anything over 40 hours is instant overtime at 1.5x pay, and having an entire grocery department doing that would see a lot of money going out every week into overtime. Now if you hit 40 hours before you've done all your shifts for the week, they just make you stay home and send you home early if you hit the amount during a shift.

I keep wanting to get creative but find myself losing motivation the second I start trying to do anything. I'm wondering if it might be because there is no noise in the house, and a lot of creative stuff tends to be slow and relaxing, and so it feels boring because there's no stimulus and just a relaxing activity on top of a quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Errm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So over the weekend I luckily noticed my green card expires in 2 weeks, and wondered how I get a new one. I've since discovered I have to file a petition for a new one, and five minutes ago found out I get to pay $680 for the bastarding thing. Rolleyes

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So over the weekend I luckily noticed my green card expires in 2 weeks, and wondered how I get a new one. I've since discovered I have to file a petition for a new one, and five minutes ago found out I get to pay $680 for the bastarding thing. Rolleyes
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 14th, 2020, 10:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:
The heck, already? How long does the expiration last on those things?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 17th, 2020, 05:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
For mine it's two years.

I hate my luck lately. Thinking it can't get worse and get a voicemail that my echocardiogram for tomorrow has been cancelled again. That's the third time now! *sigh*

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 17th, 2020, 05:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
For mine it's two years.

I hate my luck lately. Thinking it can't get worse and get a voicemail that my echocardiogram for tomorrow has been cancelled again. That's the third time now! *sigh*
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
His card was conditional because it's for marriage purposes. He's basically gotta get a real one now. Another annoying and costly process Rolleyes

2020 don't stop hitting, eh? I just... can't with this year anymore. Make it stop Eh
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
His card was conditional because it's for marriage purposes. He's basically gotta get a real one now. Another annoying and costly process Rolleyes

2020 don't stop hitting, eh? I just... can't with this year anymore. Make it stop Eh
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hate more that if I get interviewed on a work day that my work won't pay me for the day despite it being a government affair because I'm a part timer. Part timers in the US get screwed over so much. I'm not asking for the same shit as full timers but when a part timer works 35 hours a week and a full timer works 40 hours a week and the part timer gets jack shit for working 5 hours less a week that's just bullshit. Even more so if like my store a PT could actually end up working a 40 hour week but still get no benefits. Eh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hate more that if I get interviewed on a work day that my work won't pay me for the day despite it being a government affair because I'm a part timer. Part timers in the US get screwed over so much. I'm not asking for the same shit as full timers but when a part timer works 35 hours a week and a full timer works 40 hours a week and the part timer gets jack shit for working 5 hours less a week that's just bullshit. Even more so if like my store a PT could actually end up working a 40 hour week but still get no benefits. Eh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Are you the only part-timer that works that much there? There should be something for all that time. But of course not. Eh There has to be about two people or my section leader off where I get that much on top of my usual hours.

This year's...can't decide if want the year end or not. I already dislike seeing the end of a year approach, but then again no telling what 2021 will hold if things are still going on, but if anything else would rear it's ugly head around the corner. If only all the bad crap just suddenly went away. Oh right, that hope was already in play before this year went to shite.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface : Are you the only part-timer that works that much there? There should be something for all that time. But of course not. Eh There has to be about two people or my section leader off where I get that much on top of my usual hours.

This year's...can't decide if want the year end or not. I already dislike seeing the end of a year approach, but then again no telling what 2021 will hold if things are still going on, but if anything else would rear it's ugly head around the corner. If only all the bad crap just suddenly went away. Oh right, that hope was already in play before this year went to shite.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I got really lucky with my part time job here in California. Luckily I'm only needed 24 hrs a week to focus on school, but still am allowed full benefits (pto, insurance, dental, vision, etc). Come work here!
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I got really lucky with my part time job here in California. Luckily I'm only needed 24 hrs a week to focus on school, but still am allowed full benefits (pto, insurance, dental, vision, etc). Come work here!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Moony is malding next to me  ROFL

I'm glad to hear you got such a great job, though. Is it a chain franchise or a local type shop, if you don't mind me asking?

It's occured to me that I've taken only one day of vacation this year, and by that I mean used it for being sick. Was supposed to be used for a trip to England but, thanks COVID-19  Rolleyes I want to at least use two of my days for my birthday and the day after, for a long weekend (it's on a Thursday this year), but not sure what I can do with the rest. I can't take off too much time in a row and the holidays are coming up so I can't take time off after mid November. For the record, I have 11 days off I can take.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Moony is malding next to me  ROFL

I'm glad to hear you got such a great job, though. Is it a chain franchise or a local type shop, if you don't mind me asking?

It's occured to me that I've taken only one day of vacation this year, and by that I mean used it for being sick. Was supposed to be used for a trip to England but, thanks COVID-19  Rolleyes I want to at least use two of my days for my birthday and the day after, for a long weekend (it's on a Thursday this year), but not sure what I can do with the rest. I can't take off too much time in a row and the holidays are coming up so I can't take time off after mid November. For the record, I have 11 days off I can take.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I work what is essentially called 'intake' in the emergency room. I hear a little about what patients are here for and check them in, I band them, collect their demographics and insurance policies to bill, and I have them sign all of the boring paperwork that goes into detail about their consent for treatment and financial obligations to the hospital.

It pays alright, about $18/hr, only a high school diploma is necessary. I'd say that any clinical setting has a name for my position but typically you'd find it under 'registration' or 'patient access representative'. I know you guys live in Florida so if you're interested, I'd look up local hospitals and see if they have positions open. Not a lot of people know that this job is a thing but for a college student, it pays decent and usually comes with some benefits considering it's coming from a hospital.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I work what is essentially called 'intake' in the emergency room. I hear a little about what patients are here for and check them in, I band them, collect their demographics and insurance policies to bill, and I have them sign all of the boring paperwork that goes into detail about their consent for treatment and financial obligations to the hospital.

It pays alright, about $18/hr, only a high school diploma is necessary. I'd say that any clinical setting has a name for my position but typically you'd find it under 'registration' or 'patient access representative'. I know you guys live in Florida so if you're interested, I'd look up local hospitals and see if they have positions open. Not a lot of people know that this job is a thing but for a college student, it pays decent and usually comes with some benefits considering it's coming from a hospital.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@ShiraNoMai : I take it your work year is a normal calendar year, or is it something else? If the former, what?! You've taken one and have plans for only too and can't take after mid November to holidays off? Does that include the 16th of that month you can't take because-because...?  D=
Aye, such a problem there. 7/8 weeks until the mid November, hm I would've suggested a day off every week but then there's 5 or so left (or 3 if the 11 includes what you already want off).

@Eric: Dang, not a bad a job there. Good you get them benefits despite being part-time.

Did another walk this time a short one with my friend, Dad and sister. It takes between 26-32 mins depending on pace or who's taking part, x2 as we stop for food then walk back. I went on my own to get the fastest time I can manage at my quickest pace possible, however I had inappropriate clothes for such a thing (because of climate). Wore a heavy coat, woolie jacket over thermal top, somewhat thick trousers and somewhat heavy walking shoes that were almost boots. I stupidly thought it didn't matter what I wore, I can still walk comfortably fast. I should've walked with only my thermal shirt, shorts and Skechers. I did get the best recorded times, 20 minutes on the way, 21 on the way back, lost a minute thanks to a stitch. Found it difficult and not what I thought I could do, like whenever I walk fast normally I can easily do without thought but here I had to push myself and think about it. I recovered from the stitch soon after, but waking up today took it's toll on me. Yet the 14 mile walk that takes over 4 hours I did the Sunday before (walking shoes were perfect for that), I had no aches and little the day after. Will try and beat my 20 minutes 13 seconds with the right attire one day.

In short, I woke up with messed up legs this morning thanks to my own lack of judgement. Still aches now, and worked through it all. I'll rest easy tomorrow ready for work Wednesday morning.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@ShiraNoMai : I take it your work year is a normal calendar year, or is it something else? If the former, what?! You've taken one and have plans for only too and can't take after mid November to holidays off? Does that include the 16th of that month you can't take because-because...?  D=
Aye, such a problem there. 7/8 weeks until the mid November, hm I would've suggested a day off every week but then there's 5 or so left (or 3 if the 11 includes what you already want off).

@Eric: Dang, not a bad a job there. Good you get them benefits despite being part-time.

Did another walk this time a short one with my friend, Dad and sister. It takes between 26-32 mins depending on pace or who's taking part, x2 as we stop for food then walk back. I went on my own to get the fastest time I can manage at my quickest pace possible, however I had inappropriate clothes for such a thing (because of climate). Wore a heavy coat, woolie jacket over thermal top, somewhat thick trousers and somewhat heavy walking shoes that were almost boots. I stupidly thought it didn't matter what I wore, I can still walk comfortably fast. I should've walked with only my thermal shirt, shorts and Skechers. I did get the best recorded times, 20 minutes on the way, 21 on the way back, lost a minute thanks to a stitch. Found it difficult and not what I thought I could do, like whenever I walk fast normally I can easily do without thought but here I had to push myself and think about it. I recovered from the stitch soon after, but waking up today took it's toll on me. Yet the 14 mile walk that takes over 4 hours I did the Sunday before (walking shoes were perfect for that), I had no aches and little the day after. Will try and beat my 20 minutes 13 seconds with the right attire one day.

In short, I woke up with messed up legs this morning thanks to my own lack of judgement. Still aches now, and worked through it all. I'll rest easy tomorrow ready for work Wednesday morning.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'm really digging this new haunted (Halloween) theme you guys put out. I'm going to use it all of October for sure.

I kinda wish it was an option year round but I can see why it wouldn't be.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'm really digging this new haunted (Halloween) theme you guys put out. I'm going to use it all of October for sure.

I kinda wish it was an option year round but I can see why it wouldn't be.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 38 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,504 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,434 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,271 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,264 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM