Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Eh, I find when I'm waiting for something that's the only time that time goes slow. If I'm just wanting to get stuff done or relax for a bit next thing I know hours have disappeared.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Eh, I find when I'm waiting for something that's the only time that time goes slow. If I'm just wanting to get stuff done or relax for a bit next thing I know hours have disappeared.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I always love it when Publix puts me on a closing shift where I have to clean the store, and then inmediately puts me for an opening shift the next day. That's totally enough time for sleep, right gais?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I always love it when Publix puts me on a closing shift where I have to clean the store, and then inmediately puts me for an opening shift the next day. That's totally enough time for sleep, right gais?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 7th, 2021, 09:58 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I've never been given that, but then again I haven't done a closing shift in years. I think this applies to all of England but if not, the store I worked for there at least made it that you had to have x amount of hours between shifts. I think it was 14 hours if memory serves me right. @Mr EliteL might know or be able to find out since he still works there.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never been given that, but then again I haven't done a closing shift in years. I think this applies to all of England but if not, the store I worked for there at least made it that you had to have x amount of hours between shifts. I think it was 14 hours if memory serves me right. @Mr EliteL might know or be able to find out since he still works there.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
That sounds a lot nicer than closing and then a 6 A.M. shift. D:
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
That sounds a lot nicer than closing and then a 6 A.M. shift. D:
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, no, I want to say they give you 8 hours before they just schedule you again. It's shit. That's just enough time to be able to not get enough sleep and then come back in like a zombie.

Edit: *squeal* IT'S HERE! Allow me to present to you all my author avatar!

[Image: unknown-3.png]

...wait, that's a fursona, isn't it? AW FU--!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, no, I want to say they give you 8 hours before they just schedule you again. It's shit. That's just enough time to be able to not get enough sleep and then come back in like a zombie.

Edit: *squeal* IT'S HERE! Allow me to present to you all my author avatar!

[Image: unknown-3.png]

...wait, that's a fursona, isn't it? AW FU--!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wouldn't it be a bugsona because it's an ant? Why is it an ant by the way? Just never associated you with that before now so I'm curious.

Just saw Burger King play the risky game of tweeting that women belong in the kitchen as a baity way to get people to interact with their tweet within which they bring up how there are more men chefs than women and want to support more female chefs. Trouble is the gut response is the first tweet so it's just a mess.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wouldn't it be a bugsona because it's an ant? Why is it an ant by the way? Just never associated you with that before now so I'm curious.

Just saw Burger King play the risky game of tweeting that women belong in the kitchen as a baity way to get people to interact with their tweet within which they bring up how there are more men chefs than women and want to support more female chefs. Trouble is the gut response is the first tweet so it's just a mess.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It's a cricket! The red is meant to be Guilmon colors, hence why he has a Digital Hazard symbol on one of his hands! Also, the Cricket bat. Because punny.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It's a cricket! The red is meant to be Guilmon colors, hence why he has a Digital Hazard symbol on one of his hands! Also, the Cricket bat. Because punny.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't even notice the symbol. Sweat
I think the red is why I thought it was an ant too. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't even notice the symbol. Sweat
I think the red is why I thought it was an ant too. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I wonder if that going to become a running joke, I am not an ant! I am a Cricket! Dont' make me use my bat!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I wonder if that going to become a running joke, I am not an ant! I am a Cricket! Dont' make me use my bat!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That makes me think of the cat filter lawyer man XD

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=20310202]
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That makes me think of the cat filter lawyer man XD

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=20310202]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Mar 8th, 2021, 04:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I don't actually know, but with the pandemic and our night team currently in shambles, day people who have had change to nights sometimes don't get a 14 hour break. Saturday Ian (Moony knows who this is) started midnight and worked until after 4pm (when I finished) and quite possibly had to do yet another shift the next midnight?! Not 100% sure on that but I know my section leader had to give up her weekend off thanks to even more people, including some who were from days taken off nights. He was already doing midnight to midday so that's already just 12 hours. Then again they're in higher employment than standard workers so they're expected to pick up shifts when really needed. If things were normal, then the 14 hours hopefully hasn't changed.

Still a closing shift into a morning shift is bull, wtf?

@Maniakkid25 : Yo that is a really good avatar, kudos to your friend who did that! Almost forgot why it was a cricket when I first looked at it. XD 

@ShiraNoMai The way those eyes are animated is off putting....but eh isn't meant to be big thing so whatever.

My weekend was a 10 hour shift Saturday and going out to my uncle's flat to gather some things that we could fit in my dad's car, visit my nan and step-grandad after. We learned that someone had stolen his bank card and had been using it, effing scum whoever that was. Had been cancelled but that only happened 6 days after his passing so they got free stuff out of it for those days through contactless. Yesterday another 10 hour shift and I have more coming in the next three weeks, whoo hoo. Genshin's the only thing I can be bothered to do afterwards.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Mar 8th, 2021, 04:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I don't actually know, but with the pandemic and our night team currently in shambles, day people who have had change to nights sometimes don't get a 14 hour break. Saturday Ian (Moony knows who this is) started midnight and worked until after 4pm (when I finished) and quite possibly had to do yet another shift the next midnight?! Not 100% sure on that but I know my section leader had to give up her weekend off thanks to even more people, including some who were from days taken off nights. He was already doing midnight to midday so that's already just 12 hours. Then again they're in higher employment than standard workers so they're expected to pick up shifts when really needed. If things were normal, then the 14 hours hopefully hasn't changed.

Still a closing shift into a morning shift is bull, wtf?

@Maniakkid25 : Yo that is a really good avatar, kudos to your friend who did that! Almost forgot why it was a cricket when I first looked at it. XD 

@ShiraNoMai The way those eyes are animated is off putting....but eh isn't meant to be big thing so whatever.

My weekend was a 10 hour shift Saturday and going out to my uncle's flat to gather some things that we could fit in my dad's car, visit my nan and step-grandad after. We learned that someone had stolen his bank card and had been using it, effing scum whoever that was. Had been cancelled but that only happened 6 days after his passing so they got free stuff out of it for those days through contactless. Yesterday another 10 hour shift and I have more coming in the next three weeks, whoo hoo. Genshin's the only thing I can be bothered to do afterwards.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Ian always works like a lunatic when it comes to hours so I would never use him to gauge how things are going. He does that sort of stuff even when the store is slow.
How come nights are shot up though? Did Covid go through the team?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Ian always works like a lunatic when it comes to hours so I would never use him to gauge how things are going. He does that sort of stuff even when the store is slow.
How come nights are shot up though? Did Covid go through the team?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah you're right about that. XD
I don't know how exactly but I at least know most don't wear masks, noticed both when I come in for 6am and my mum mentioned that she notices when they come in near the end of her her shift. So either some late customer was a carrier or some of the team have mixed poorly with others, contracting or becoming a carrier and causing a small spread. Although it's taken this long into lockdown for that to happen this late to them, perhaps they got lax due to vaccine or new variant popped up here although I haven't heard that got here yet. Most are off from track and trace though, freaking GSM, Deputy SM, two managers plus more are off from that alone at the same time. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah you're right about that. XD
I don't know how exactly but I at least know most don't wear masks, noticed both when I come in for 6am and my mum mentioned that she notices when they come in near the end of her her shift. So either some late customer was a carrier or some of the team have mixed poorly with others, contracting or becoming a carrier and causing a small spread. Although it's taken this long into lockdown for that to happen this late to them, perhaps they got lax due to vaccine or new variant popped up here although I haven't heard that got here yet. Most are off from track and trace though, freaking GSM, Deputy SM, two managers plus more are off from that alone at the same time. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it silly that they think because there are no customers that that means they can't get sick so don't need masks. Rolleyes

How's everyone doing? I'm trying to improve my mood because I got stuck waiting for my laptop to update for almost four hours which allowed my mind plenty of time to be unoccupied by anything but itself. Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it silly that they think because there are no customers that that means they can't get sick so don't need masks. Rolleyes

How's everyone doing? I'm trying to improve my mood because I got stuck waiting for my laptop to update for almost four hours which allowed my mind plenty of time to be unoccupied by anything but itself. Doh
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I am currently dealing with small children acting chaoticly while being super tired and wanting to nap. Meanwhile in my rant candidate, I have kidnapped a monarch and stole a flagship, so that's neat.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I am currently dealing with small children acting chaoticly while being super tired and wanting to nap. Meanwhile in my rant candidate, I have kidnapped a monarch and stole a flagship, so that's neat.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 2 61 Yesterday, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Eric
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 46,023 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,687 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,645 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,687 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM