Universal Chat Thread
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 9th, 2021, 09:22 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 9th, 2021, 09:12 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@Moonface - Yes, I officially begin going through the process on Monday. I have to go in for like 20-30 minutes to do some stuff. Drug test and a few other things, I believe, and then we'll figure out when I'll start my training then. First thing up will be about 12 hours of watching videos, lol.
Congrats! Grin
If you're really lucky, they'll make you watch some of those videos again in 6 months to a year to refresh your memory on all the shit you'll probably have been doing every single day on the job anyway. Publix does that a lot of the time and it gets really tedious, especially when they don't even make new videos so you start to memorise the scripts. Ours also have questions though, but getting them wrong doesn't penalise you and again, after a couple of times you start to just remember the answers. XD
Although, there is one question I never get right on the training video for food safety, which involves temperatures because the answers are in F and I'm still not used to using that. ROFL

Well, my mother has worked at the store for almost two years now and hasn't had to re-watch any of the videos, so that's probably a good sign that I won't have to experience that same type of thing, haha.

I got in for the drug test and to sign papers to okay a background check on me and then we'll go from there. This week will be my last at my current job, so I don't know if they'll just wait until next week to have me come in and start the video watching, or if maybe they'll ask me to come in before one of my shifts at the current job, or on Wednesday since I'm off. Though that would suck, because that means my next day off wouldn't be until next Sunday. Though I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Just need to keep reminding myself of that sweet, sweet $18/hr that will be waiting for me at the end of it all.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 9th, 2021, 09:22 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 9th, 2021, 09:12 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@Moonface - Yes, I officially begin going through the process on Monday. I have to go in for like 20-30 minutes to do some stuff. Drug test and a few other things, I believe, and then we'll figure out when I'll start my training then. First thing up will be about 12 hours of watching videos, lol.
Congrats! Grin
If you're really lucky, they'll make you watch some of those videos again in 6 months to a year to refresh your memory on all the shit you'll probably have been doing every single day on the job anyway. Publix does that a lot of the time and it gets really tedious, especially when they don't even make new videos so you start to memorise the scripts. Ours also have questions though, but getting them wrong doesn't penalise you and again, after a couple of times you start to just remember the answers. XD
Although, there is one question I never get right on the training video for food safety, which involves temperatures because the answers are in F and I'm still not used to using that. ROFL

Well, my mother has worked at the store for almost two years now and hasn't had to re-watch any of the videos, so that's probably a good sign that I won't have to experience that same type of thing, haha.

I got in for the drug test and to sign papers to okay a background check on me and then we'll go from there. This week will be my last at my current job, so I don't know if they'll just wait until next week to have me come in and start the video watching, or if maybe they'll ask me to come in before one of my shifts at the current job, or on Wednesday since I'm off. Though that would suck, because that means my next day off wouldn't be until next Sunday. Though I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Just need to keep reminding myself of that sweet, sweet $18/hr that will be waiting for me at the end of it all.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: The $18 and the freedom to sleep during the day again and be up all night. Tongue

I really can't decide what to do with myself today. I'm in the state of mind where things are either appealing until I do them, or they're just not appealing at all. LOL
Sucks because today is my day off so I hate that I'm mostly wasting it. Doh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: The $18 and the freedom to sleep during the day again and be up all night. Tongue

I really can't decide what to do with myself today. I'm in the state of mind where things are either appealing until I do them, or they're just not appealing at all. LOL
Sucks because today is my day off so I hate that I'm mostly wasting it. Doh
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Once we get on our structured schedules, I think that'll solve that issue Smile

Been having weird health issues since the 4th. My therapist thinks they're anxiety-related, tied to my return into the office, which I hadn't thought of. Thought maybe something else crazy was going on physically XD Hoping these subside soon cuz they've been rather inhibitive to my structures I've set up for my life lately Sad
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Once we get on our structured schedules, I think that'll solve that issue Smile

Been having weird health issues since the 4th. My therapist thinks they're anxiety-related, tied to my return into the office, which I hadn't thought of. Thought maybe something else crazy was going on physically XD Hoping these subside soon cuz they've been rather inhibitive to my structures I've set up for my life lately Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
All the more reason to ditch the office and stay home with me all day everyday. Grin
Naked. Creep *shot*

Just found out that I got accepted into university to pursue my degree I tried to get over a decade ago. Excited but I'm also nervous about it. XD

What's everyone done with their day so far? Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
All the more reason to ditch the office and stay home with me all day everyday. Grin
Naked. Creep *shot*

Just found out that I got accepted into university to pursue my degree I tried to get over a decade ago. Excited but I'm also nervous about it. XD

What's everyone done with their day so far? Smile
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Hope the things will eventually subside Nikki and I think its important to mention that if it is an anxiety related thing you aren't alone and conidering the COVID change was a big change and now to go back to the office after a long time it could understandably be related to that.

Congratulations Moony!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Hope the things will eventually subside Nikki and I think its important to mention that if it is an anxiety related thing you aren't alone and conidering the COVID change was a big change and now to go back to the office after a long time it could understandably be related to that.

Congratulations Moony!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks @Karo! How's your day been by the way? Smile

Also, since you mentioned Clippy to me while I was out eating dinner, does everyone else remember it? Also, did anyone use any of the other Word characters, if they used any at all? I remember I always chose the cat. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks @Karo! How's your day been by the way? Smile

Also, since you mentioned Clippy to me while I was out eating dinner, does everyone else remember it? Also, did anyone use any of the other Word characters, if they used any at all? I remember I always chose the cat. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 15th, 2021, 12:11 AM)Karo Wrote:

Congratulations Moony!

Yeah you're right. It just came out of no where for me, especially when it was easy for me to peg it as my stomach not being friendly to the high-fat cuisine at my aunt's 4th of July event, but for it to persist as long as it has was not adding up to me  Sweat

Also many congrats to my Moony from me as well! I'm so proud of him and wish him nothing but positive vibes in his coming academic years! ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 15th, 2021, 12:11 AM)Karo Wrote:

Congratulations Moony!

Yeah you're right. It just came out of no where for me, especially when it was easy for me to peg it as my stomach not being friendly to the high-fat cuisine at my aunt's 4th of July event, but for it to persist as long as it has was not adding up to me  Sweat

Also many congrats to my Moony from me as well! I'm so proud of him and wish him nothing but positive vibes in his coming academic years! ^_^
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 12th, 2021, 10:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Mainly the $18. People have asked me why I'm leaving and I keep telling them simply: More money.

They kind of give me a look when I answer that. Obviously they're getting at that I should be loyal to the small town business (especially since I've been there for the last five years), but nah. I'm loyal to whoever offers me the most money.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 12th, 2021, 10:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Mainly the $18. People have asked me why I'm leaving and I keep telling them simply: More money.

They kind of give me a look when I answer that. Obviously they're getting at that I should be loyal to the small town business (especially since I've been there for the last five years), but nah. I'm loyal to whoever offers me the most money.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
My day have been pretty good I honestly have been a bit disappointed in myself for not getting the things I feel like I want to get done done and the days are getting away from me and next month class will start again so I feel like I won't get around to the things I want to do, but I also feel like one of my biggest thing is just the fear of failure. I try and then I fail and then I don't want to continue.

I feel like you really can only afford loyalty to a business or whatever else is when you have enough to survive and live comfortably really. Otherwise I think its always best to take more money. Unsure
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
My day have been pretty good I honestly have been a bit disappointed in myself for not getting the things I feel like I want to get done done and the days are getting away from me and next month class will start again so I feel like I won't get around to the things I want to do, but I also feel like one of my biggest thing is just the fear of failure. I try and then I fail and then I don't want to continue.

I feel like you really can only afford loyalty to a business or whatever else is when you have enough to survive and live comfortably really. Otherwise I think its always best to take more money. Unsure
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
that's how I am at work now. loyal to them because I make enough to be comfortable and still splurge when I want. I'm usually frugal though unless it's video games.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
that's how I am at work now. loyal to them because I make enough to be comfortable and still splurge when I want. I'm usually frugal though unless it's video games.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Dragon Lord : Awesome you got the job and get to move on from your old one finally!

Congrats @Moonface for getting that university spot, and @ShiraNoMai whatever that new anxiety hope it doesn't stick around. @Karo , don't let that kick you down, keep trying! Time does run away like a little--well darn it I usually have the same problem too so both of us have gotta keep at it. >.<

Been away from home and work for 4 days, been a good time not stuck in my room or doing work. Stayed over my older friend's place, had two quiet days because of weather then 14 mile walk yesterday with a guy we walked with last September. Got sunburnt yet the Sun spent literally 99% of the day behind clouds but I still got sniped by it ROFL . Thought I'd be fine because of the clouds making pretty much permanent shade, cool breeze and next to no blazing heat on my skin, but nope I was wrong, my skin burns that easily indeed. Felt the pain of aching areas during the last hour or so but that's OK, dealt with that before and always good to complete the walk. Grin Then today got to watch tennis sets between two people I know of, one being my friend's brother and first time meeting the other who's 10 years younger than myself. Good to be back and will be posting more tomorrow.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Dragon Lord : Awesome you got the job and get to move on from your old one finally!

Congrats @Moonface for getting that university spot, and @ShiraNoMai whatever that new anxiety hope it doesn't stick around. @Karo , don't let that kick you down, keep trying! Time does run away like a little--well darn it I usually have the same problem too so both of us have gotta keep at it. >.<

Been away from home and work for 4 days, been a good time not stuck in my room or doing work. Stayed over my older friend's place, had two quiet days because of weather then 14 mile walk yesterday with a guy we walked with last September. Got sunburnt yet the Sun spent literally 99% of the day behind clouds but I still got sniped by it ROFL . Thought I'd be fine because of the clouds making pretty much permanent shade, cool breeze and next to no blazing heat on my skin, but nope I was wrong, my skin burns that easily indeed. Felt the pain of aching areas during the last hour or so but that's OK, dealt with that before and always good to complete the walk. Grin Then today got to watch tennis sets between two people I know of, one being my friend's brother and first time meeting the other who's 10 years younger than myself. Good to be back and will be posting more tomorrow.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 15th, 2021, 07:09 PM)Karo Wrote:

I feel you on that first point. My therapist has told me that I should try to find the positive in negative things like that, such as "Well, I'm not where I want to be but at least I care to try". I've been telling myself to make a new signature for the past week and I've yet to actually do it, but putting myself down on it isn't going to help me get it done. You can't always help if your head isn't in the game 24/7. Wink

Loyalty to a business should always come down to whether you can afford to work there and that there also isn't something better you could go for should you want to do so. If any of us died tomorrow, our jobs would have us replaced within a week and probably forget about you in a month. My store has had three people die in the three years I've worked there, and not a soul speaks about them.

(Jul 15th, 2021, 11:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
How dare you take a vacation without telling me. Do you know how miserable it is going to my camera feed of your bedroom and seeing nothing for four days?! I knew I should've just kept the camera in your mums room. Hmph

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 15th, 2021, 07:09 PM)Karo Wrote:

I feel you on that first point. My therapist has told me that I should try to find the positive in negative things like that, such as "Well, I'm not where I want to be but at least I care to try". I've been telling myself to make a new signature for the past week and I've yet to actually do it, but putting myself down on it isn't going to help me get it done. You can't always help if your head isn't in the game 24/7. Wink

Loyalty to a business should always come down to whether you can afford to work there and that there also isn't something better you could go for should you want to do so. If any of us died tomorrow, our jobs would have us replaced within a week and probably forget about you in a month. My store has had three people die in the three years I've worked there, and not a soul speaks about them.

(Jul 15th, 2021, 11:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
How dare you take a vacation without telling me. Do you know how miserable it is going to my camera feed of your bedroom and seeing nothing for four days?! I knew I should've just kept the camera in your mums room. Hmph
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ooh good words there, Moony.

(Jul 16th, 2021, 12:05 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Ahh yeah, perhaps I shoulda said something, not a lot goes on in there either but then again there were the times my sister starts work in the morning now so who knows what happened when we both weren't there! Gasp
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 

Ahh yeah, perhaps I shoulda said something, not a lot goes on in there either but then again there were the times my sister starts work in the morning now so who knows what happened when we both weren't there! Gasp
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 16th, 2021, 12:18 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

The things I could've done in that moment of isolation if not for being married a few thousand miles away. Shifty

I should really clean my mouse USB connector. It keeps disconnecting and rather than make my life easy and clean it to fix it, I just let myself suffer with my mouse randomly not working. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 16th, 2021, 12:18 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

The things I could've done in that moment of isolation if not for being married a few thousand miles away. Shifty

I should really clean my mouse USB connector. It keeps disconnecting and rather than make my life easy and clean it to fix it, I just let myself suffer with my mouse randomly not working. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 16th, 2021, 12:49 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Y'all, don't give him pity. I've been literally telling his this for over a month. I'm waiting for the day he actually loses a game because of a random disconnect that won't correct itself. Tongue

Motivation is hard to come by. For me, it has to come from a chemical level where the dopamine is high enough for me to care. It can be hard to be consistent at motivation when that chemical has run dry. Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 16th, 2021, 12:49 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Y'all, don't give him pity. I've been literally telling his this for over a month. I'm waiting for the day he actually loses a game because of a random disconnect that won't correct itself. Tongue

Motivation is hard to come by. For me, it has to come from a chemical level where the dopamine is high enough for me to care. It can be hard to be consistent at motivation when that chemical has run dry. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 35 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,494 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,411 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,241 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,252 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM