Universal Chat Thread
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 26th, 2022, 09:38 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I don't see why anyone would spend time doing physical labour for roughly the same pay as not working at all and having the extra free time.

I don't know, personally I'd feel pretty shitty about myself being 100% capable of working a job and instead choosing to be a scumbag and take advantage of free handouts from the Government that other people actually need more than I do. But it seems to be a common trend with Millennials to expect the Government to hand them everything on a silver platter instead of actually earning it themselves. My ex-friend who spent four years in college and then expected the Government to pay off his student debt for him being a great example of that. He didn't even go to college to get an education, he went just to promote his shitty little band for a few years.  1

It probably also doesn't help that I've come to despise people who refuse to actually work for what they want because I live in a State where we take better care of the trash we bring in from other countries than we do the people who have lived here their entire lives. You're a family with kids who needs financial aide? Sorry, we gotta give these Somalians brand new cars, name-brand clothing, free housing and the newest iPhones first. Maybe we'll get to you in three or four years. Screw the people who have disabilities that prevent them from working and need our help, we gotta show the world how amazing we are taking in all these "refugees" and handing them everything for free without requiring them to work a single day of their lives. 

Just a sliiiiiiiight hatred for the people running (ruining is probably a better word) this state.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 26th, 2022, 09:38 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I don't see why anyone would spend time doing physical labour for roughly the same pay as not working at all and having the extra free time.

I don't know, personally I'd feel pretty shitty about myself being 100% capable of working a job and instead choosing to be a scumbag and take advantage of free handouts from the Government that other people actually need more than I do. But it seems to be a common trend with Millennials to expect the Government to hand them everything on a silver platter instead of actually earning it themselves. My ex-friend who spent four years in college and then expected the Government to pay off his student debt for him being a great example of that. He didn't even go to college to get an education, he went just to promote his shitty little band for a few years.  1

It probably also doesn't help that I've come to despise people who refuse to actually work for what they want because I live in a State where we take better care of the trash we bring in from other countries than we do the people who have lived here their entire lives. You're a family with kids who needs financial aide? Sorry, we gotta give these Somalians brand new cars, name-brand clothing, free housing and the newest iPhones first. Maybe we'll get to you in three or four years. Screw the people who have disabilities that prevent them from working and need our help, we gotta show the world how amazing we are taking in all these "refugees" and handing them everything for free without requiring them to work a single day of their lives. 

Just a sliiiiiiiight hatred for the people running (ruining is probably a better word) this state.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Fair point. I admit my view on it was in relation to the stimulus stuff that was allocated to everyone by the government regardless of their status which I assumed had its own pot to pull from.

The trouble is, regardless of the situation, when people perceive others as receiving treatment that others don't get and it's in an unfair way, it never ends well in my experience once everyone believes the power that gives the treatment isn't going to change course. It'll either leave people feeling slighted like yourself, or trying to get their slice of the cake too.

My job has people who get away with stuff others can't, and that caused those people and the management that allows it to be disliked, or people just decided they should be allowed to do it too. I blame the management for the entire thing because they have full control on what to do and chose an outcome that doesn't look fair to everyone. The whole thing is always shit and just creates unrest that shouldn't happen to begin with.

I look at it like having a sibling who looks like the favourite. I could blame them but they're just the one being treated and don't have control over that; that falls onto the person treating them and doing it in a way that doesn't look right. If that treatment just didn't happen there wouldn't be a problem (not accounting for ignoring an actual problem that needs treating here).

I do find it funny though that your local government says they want to look good by doing whatever it is they're doing yet I've never heard of anything they do, I bet the rest of the world hasn't, and I couldn't even find anything about what they're doing when I tried to do a search for it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Fair point. I admit my view on it was in relation to the stimulus stuff that was allocated to everyone by the government regardless of their status which I assumed had its own pot to pull from.

The trouble is, regardless of the situation, when people perceive others as receiving treatment that others don't get and it's in an unfair way, it never ends well in my experience once everyone believes the power that gives the treatment isn't going to change course. It'll either leave people feeling slighted like yourself, or trying to get their slice of the cake too.

My job has people who get away with stuff others can't, and that caused those people and the management that allows it to be disliked, or people just decided they should be allowed to do it too. I blame the management for the entire thing because they have full control on what to do and chose an outcome that doesn't look fair to everyone. The whole thing is always shit and just creates unrest that shouldn't happen to begin with.

I look at it like having a sibling who looks like the favourite. I could blame them but they're just the one being treated and don't have control over that; that falls onto the person treating them and doing it in a way that doesn't look right. If that treatment just didn't happen there wouldn't be a problem (not accounting for ignoring an actual problem that needs treating here).

I do find it funny though that your local government says they want to look good by doing whatever it is they're doing yet I've never heard of anything they do, I bet the rest of the world hasn't, and I couldn't even find anything about what they're doing when I tried to do a search for it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
(Jan 29th, 2022, 05:13 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah while you're in college, the flexibility of time should be paramount to anything else as school is the priority. It'd be nice, but yeah, things you wouldn't know without asking.

Speaking of looking for better employment, I should get on to looking. And possibly redo my portfolio site. It is so boring in comparison to what I saw come through the door at my work the other day Whistle

Nikki I wish you all the best luck to find a better job for you and I do want to say...when you redo your portfolio be sure to share your link here I would love to see it! I do admit I probably won't be able to give any feedback though as I'm not really sure what I should be looking for in a GFX advertisement. Gasp But I can give vague feedback and that is valuable!

@Dragon Lord I really agree with you on the whole the people with disability should get the help first because there is a legitimate issue that they are having that they can't really help. I think in general people do really have a"me first" type of attitude for government assistant which is wrong cause like you said there are people that need it more. I also agree with Moony about the whole favoritism thing I don't think there a reason to hate a certain group because they are receiving it when it the government choice where they direct their effort too. (Now of course we can influence it by voting for a candidate that coincide with our own interest.)

I feel like with most thing there are exception for example I don't really know much about Somalia myself and if there is a legitimate danger that threaten their lives I do hope our country will continue to take them in. Now assuming if it was some Somalian that lived in the part of the country that really isn't in danger and they are taking this "refugee" thing to get a free move to the USA and free stuff that is awful, but I wouldn't want to turn away those in need just because some bad apple got into the bunch. I feel a similar way about college I really do support a free college education, but I also do expect people to use it to actually get there to get an educate and not like your ex friend that decided, "MY BAND IS REALLY GREAT GUYS!" now of course I think college are going to have to change cause there is no way we can support the INSANE cost on our taxes, but that could change in the future and honestly thinking about it I think we need to fix the current public school system first before moving onto adding college onto it.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
(Jan 29th, 2022, 05:13 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah while you're in college, the flexibility of time should be paramount to anything else as school is the priority. It'd be nice, but yeah, things you wouldn't know without asking.

Speaking of looking for better employment, I should get on to looking. And possibly redo my portfolio site. It is so boring in comparison to what I saw come through the door at my work the other day Whistle

Nikki I wish you all the best luck to find a better job for you and I do want to say...when you redo your portfolio be sure to share your link here I would love to see it! I do admit I probably won't be able to give any feedback though as I'm not really sure what I should be looking for in a GFX advertisement. Gasp But I can give vague feedback and that is valuable!

@Dragon Lord I really agree with you on the whole the people with disability should get the help first because there is a legitimate issue that they are having that they can't really help. I think in general people do really have a"me first" type of attitude for government assistant which is wrong cause like you said there are people that need it more. I also agree with Moony about the whole favoritism thing I don't think there a reason to hate a certain group because they are receiving it when it the government choice where they direct their effort too. (Now of course we can influence it by voting for a candidate that coincide with our own interest.)

I feel like with most thing there are exception for example I don't really know much about Somalia myself and if there is a legitimate danger that threaten their lives I do hope our country will continue to take them in. Now assuming if it was some Somalian that lived in the part of the country that really isn't in danger and they are taking this "refugee" thing to get a free move to the USA and free stuff that is awful, but I wouldn't want to turn away those in need just because some bad apple got into the bunch. I feel a similar way about college I really do support a free college education, but I also do expect people to use it to actually get there to get an educate and not like your ex friend that decided, "MY BAND IS REALLY GREAT GUYS!" now of course I think college are going to have to change cause there is no way we can support the INSANE cost on our taxes, but that could change in the future and honestly thinking about it I think we need to fix the current public school system first before moving onto adding college onto it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just learned the very hard way that Steam downloads do not retain progress when you pause them for a few weeks. I had a game that was sitting at 33/65GB downloaded, resumed it just now and watched in horror as the progress bar dropped to 0% and the download restarted entirely. So now I get to sit through a full download instead of my expected half download. I need to find out if I can stop Steam from removing temporary files for downloads in progress so that if I do pause one for a while I don't completely screw myself and waste my time. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just learned the very hard way that Steam downloads do not retain progress when you pause them for a few weeks. I had a game that was sitting at 33/65GB downloaded, resumed it just now and watched in horror as the progress bar dropped to 0% and the download restarted entirely. So now I get to sit through a full download instead of my expected half download. I need to find out if I can stop Steam from removing temporary files for downloads in progress so that if I do pause one for a while I don't completely screw myself and waste my time. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's okay, you'll download it all soon enough then we can play with friends Grin

Tried to do a lot of relaxing this weekend, hoping I can reap the rewards with a better week. Manifesting good energy this week [Image: 4]
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's okay, you'll download it all soon enough then we can play with friends Grin

Tried to do a lot of relaxing this weekend, hoping I can reap the rewards with a better week. Manifesting good energy this week [Image: 4]
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I am going to relish this break I have right now in the middle of my four hour long drawing class that requires us to stand the entire time. Mellow
Would be better if the vending machine had any food in it at all but I guess I can't have everything. Rolleyes

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I am going to relish this break I have right now in the middle of my four hour long drawing class that requires us to stand the entire time. Mellow
Would be better if the vending machine had any food in it at all but I guess I can't have everything. Rolleyes
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh no, what kind of set up was the room in, were you all standing with an easel surrounding an object? Although sometimes I swear you can sit down in those types of sessions too.

Speaking of food I need some right now. CRUMPETS and other stuff, I'm hungry.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh no, what kind of set up was the room in, were you all standing with an easel surrounding an object? Although sometimes I swear you can sit down in those types of sessions too.

Speaking of food I need some right now. CRUMPETS and other stuff, I'm hungry.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 2nd, 2022, 08:07 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
One large room with the still life in the middle while we stand around it in a circle with our drawing easels out. Our teacher doesn't permit us to sit and draw because it isn't proper technique when it comes to drawing still life.
To be fair to her she agrees that the class is stupidly long but it had to be because otherwise it's too short for us to learn techniques properly.

Been feeling rather shit today because I had a wisdom tooth pulled this morning. The anesthetic has worn off so now the pain is hitting me like a truck. Sad

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 2nd, 2022, 08:07 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
One large room with the still life in the middle while we stand around it in a circle with our drawing easels out. Our teacher doesn't permit us to sit and draw because it isn't proper technique when it comes to drawing still life.
To be fair to her she agrees that the class is stupidly long but it had to be because otherwise it's too short for us to learn techniques properly.

Been feeling rather shit today because I had a wisdom tooth pulled this morning. The anesthetic has worn off so now the pain is hitting me like a truck. Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Its been one thing after another with us. My therapist laughed with me today from it. She praised my ability to get through it cuz "tomorrow could be even worse, but you can handle it," and I immediately said "please don't say that, I'm so tired," and we just laughed together from the absurdity of it all ROFL

Starting to think we may be able to cancel Home Chef soon. Two nights in a row I've been able to come up with dinners for myself and Moony on the fly cuz of his tooth problem, and I'm quite proud of the results. It'll definitely be money saving. Especially cuz we're currently paycheck-to-paycheck cuz our mortgage payment went up and we recently had financial burdens come to light (Mars, car bullshit, late bill payments) so cutting back on a $60 weekly bill will be helpful for sure.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Its been one thing after another with us. My therapist laughed with me today from it. She praised my ability to get through it cuz "tomorrow could be even worse, but you can handle it," and I immediately said "please don't say that, I'm so tired," and we just laughed together from the absurdity of it all ROFL

Starting to think we may be able to cancel Home Chef soon. Two nights in a row I've been able to come up with dinners for myself and Moony on the fly cuz of his tooth problem, and I'm quite proud of the results. It'll definitely be money saving. Especially cuz we're currently paycheck-to-paycheck cuz our mortgage payment went up and we recently had financial burdens come to light (Mars, car bullshit, late bill payments) so cutting back on a $60 weekly bill will be helpful for sure.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd argue we should cut back on eating out since that probably costs us more than anything. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd argue we should cut back on eating out since that probably costs us more than anything. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ouch, a wisdom tooth out, nooo. Hope it was one of the back, but damn if it had to come out then that's it. As long as the pain stops, is it less than the pain before though, and will you consider a gold tooth or something?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ouch, a wisdom tooth out, nooo. Hope it was one of the back, but damn if it had to come out then that's it. As long as the pain stops, is it less than the pain before though, and will you consider a gold tooth or something?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 4th, 2022, 04:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
What on earth is your knowledge on wisdom teeth boy? XD
1) There are only four of them.
2) Each one is located at the very back of the mouth.
3) They're practically useless and no one would ever replace one.

As for the pain, it stopped the worst of it but my mouth still hurts. I called the dentist today and they're sending me some antibiotics in case I have an infection, which I think I do since the last time I had a wisdom tooth out I wasn't still experiencing the same level of pain two days after the surgery.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 4th, 2022, 04:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
What on earth is your knowledge on wisdom teeth boy? XD
1) There are only four of them.
2) Each one is located at the very back of the mouth.
3) They're practically useless and no one would ever replace one.

As for the pain, it stopped the worst of it but my mouth still hurts. I called the dentist today and they're sending me some antibiotics in case I have an infection, which I think I do since the last time I had a wisdom tooth out I wasn't still experiencing the same level of pain two days after the surgery.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm now a dual monitor gamer. yeaaaaaah. FeelsGoodMan

This monitor is lovely as well. Already notice a huge difference in quality to my other monitor. Though to be fair, I did buy my other monitor in... I think 2017? Maybe 2018? So it's a few years old, and it wasn't any kind of high end gaming monitor either. Looking forward to seeing how some games look on this nice sleek curved monitor. Playing Elden Ring on this baby at the end of the month should be nice.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm now a dual monitor gamer. yeaaaaaah. FeelsGoodMan

This monitor is lovely as well. Already notice a huge difference in quality to my other monitor. Though to be fair, I did buy my other monitor in... I think 2017? Maybe 2018? So it's a few years old, and it wasn't any kind of high end gaming monitor either. Looking forward to seeing how some games look on this nice sleek curved monitor. Playing Elden Ring on this baby at the end of the month should be nice.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Nice! You were planning on maxing out at three monitors right?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Nice! You were planning on maxing out at three monitors right?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I may get a third monitor way in the future, but right now I'm more than happy with two. One very good one to play games, and a second one to have everything else up on. This way I can play games full screen and still be able to watch a stream, or play Azur Lane/Arknights on emulator.

I think the only thing that'll make me get a third monitor any time soon would be if I started streaming and wanted to get serious about trying to build a large enough viewing that I could stream full time for a living.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I may get a third monitor way in the future, but right now I'm more than happy with two. One very good one to play games, and a second one to have everything else up on. This way I can play games full screen and still be able to watch a stream, or play Azur Lane/Arknights on emulator.

I think the only thing that'll make me get a third monitor any time soon would be if I started streaming and wanted to get serious about trying to build a large enough viewing that I could stream full time for a living.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 43 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,610 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,523 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,378 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,410 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM