Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
(Jun 27th, 2022, 05:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jun 27th, 2022, 03:16 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hows it going?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Hi Neb! How was your weekend? Smile

My weekend was mostly spent working since I'm going on vacation for a week starting today. Currently on my way to the airport and should hopefully reach my destination in about six hours from now. Grin

Nice! You're probably there right now?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Hows it going?

My weekend was mostly spent working since I'm going on vacation for a week starting today. Currently on my way to the airport and should hopefully reach my destination in about six hours from now. Grin

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 3rd, 2022, 10:57 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hows it going?

Today is the day we fly back home. We just went straight to the airport because there's nothing better to do now that SGDQ is over but the flight isn't boarding until about three hours from now. Interestingly we bumped into our roommate who happens to have a gate two down from ours so we're all just hanging out until they fly out in just under an hour from now.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hows it going?

Today is the day we fly back home. We just went straight to the airport because there's nothing better to do now that SGDQ is over but the flight isn't boarding until about three hours from now. Interestingly we bumped into our roommate who happens to have a gate two down from ours so we're all just hanging out until they fly out in just under an hour from now.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It was a fantastic time. I loved getting to meet a bunch of streamers and chat folk alike, and the runs and such were very fun to watch and be there in person for. Grin

Back to the ol' grind tomorrow, though. Wish I had an extra day to recover.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It was a fantastic time. I loved getting to meet a bunch of streamers and chat folk alike, and the runs and such were very fun to watch and be there in person for. Grin

Back to the ol' grind tomorrow, though. Wish I had an extra day to recover.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I've always wondered why we hyphen the words "video games" on the site? I thought it was two full words with the word video describing the type of games. Maybe I'm overthinking it. But I was just curious as to why it's used the way it is on the site; video-games.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I've always wondered why we hyphen the words "video games" on the site? I thought it was two full words with the word video describing the type of games. Maybe I'm overthinking it. But I was just curious as to why it's used the way it is on the site; video-games.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 5th, 2022, 06:52 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
At this point it's a leftover from 2011 when videogames as a singular term was flagged as incorrect, and hyphenating it was flagged as correct and at the time I preferred the look of it. I think the only place I cared enough to change it to lack the hyphen is in the title of the video game caption contests, and that was only because I was always typing it.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 5th, 2022, 06:52 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
At this point it's a leftover from 2011 when videogames as a singular term was flagged as incorrect, and hyphenating it was flagged as correct and at the time I preferred the look of it. I think the only place I cared enough to change it to lack the hyphen is in the title of the video game caption contests, and that was only because I was always typing it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's the fun thing about languages: they're always evolving!

Compound words, as they become more commonplace (ha, that's one too!), become fully realized words, versus their separated ancestors (and, in transition, hyphenated). Sometimes the reverse happens, which happens to be the case here. Although, journalists (since the word was coined in the 70s) will abide by the singular word, but the lay people have always gone the way of the two separate word format.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's the fun thing about languages: they're always evolving!

Compound words, as they become more commonplace (ha, that's one too!), become fully realized words, versus their separated ancestors (and, in transition, hyphenated). Sometimes the reverse happens, which happens to be the case here. Although, journalists (since the word was coined in the 70s) will abide by the singular word, but the lay people have always gone the way of the two separate word format.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
(Jul 3rd, 2022, 07:15 PM)Moonface Wrote:

How was the flight back home?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

[Image: 200.gif]
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Indeed. Needed this weekend, finally getting the catch up on rest I needed post-trip. I personally want another day but Shrug

How's your weekend going so far, Nebulous?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Indeed. Needed this weekend, finally getting the catch up on rest I needed post-trip. I personally want another day but Shrug

How's your weekend going so far, Nebulous?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 9th, 2022, 10:51 PM)Nebulous Wrote:

It wasn't a terrible flight but it could've been better. Our original flight was earlier in the day, but it got cancelled and changed into a connecting flight with a layover in Atlanta, with that layover being roughly 39 minutes so we didn't know if we'd even make it to the connecting flight depending on how long it would take to depart the first plane and get to whatever gate the second flight was boarding at. Fortunately the connecting flight got delayed so we had a lot more time to make it, but that also meant we were arriving later than before, and the before time was already quite late (something like 11pm). The flight got further delayed after boarding because the door wouldn't close, so the whole plane had to be rechecked again for safety once the door issue was resolved. I think we landed at like...midnight and didn't get home until nearly 1am. So it wasn't a bad trip, but it was very long. x.x

As for my weekend, I shared it here already so I won't bother repeating it.

In random news that I don't feel like fits anywhere else, I saw that Lofi Girl got taken down on YouTube over a false copyright claim. I think her stream had been up for like...248 days or something crazy. I've never listened to it, but it's bullshit that someone can just have their content taken down by someone else claiming ownership of it even when the content is 100% original. Reminds me of the arsehole who claims any Mario video that features a particular song, even though the song is obviously owned by Nintendo, but somehow YouTube just lets this random person claim copyright to it instead and get revenue off any videos that use it. Eh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 9th, 2022, 10:51 PM)Nebulous Wrote:

It wasn't a terrible flight but it could've been better. Our original flight was earlier in the day, but it got cancelled and changed into a connecting flight with a layover in Atlanta, with that layover being roughly 39 minutes so we didn't know if we'd even make it to the connecting flight depending on how long it would take to depart the first plane and get to whatever gate the second flight was boarding at. Fortunately the connecting flight got delayed so we had a lot more time to make it, but that also meant we were arriving later than before, and the before time was already quite late (something like 11pm). The flight got further delayed after boarding because the door wouldn't close, so the whole plane had to be rechecked again for safety once the door issue was resolved. I think we landed at like...midnight and didn't get home until nearly 1am. So it wasn't a bad trip, but it was very long. x.x

As for my weekend, I shared it here already so I won't bother repeating it.

In random news that I don't feel like fits anywhere else, I saw that Lofi Girl got taken down on YouTube over a false copyright claim. I think her stream had been up for like...248 days or something crazy. I've never listened to it, but it's bullshit that someone can just have their content taken down by someone else claiming ownership of it even when the content is 100% original. Reminds me of the arsehole who claims any Mario video that features a particular song, even though the song is obviously owned by Nintendo, but somehow YouTube just lets this random person claim copyright to it instead and get revenue off any videos that use it. Eh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oof, them flight delays. At least it wasn't by too much in the end though if it took about an hour extra.

Lofi Girl, never heard of her. Huh wonder she was doing for the downtime for all them days. Thought it was something she did but ah, it was someone else being pathetic. Also there's a person claiming Mario songs and Nintendo or anyone else haven't acted yet? What?! I take it some may report them but to no avail.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oof, them flight delays. At least it wasn't by too much in the end though if it took about an hour extra.

Lofi Girl, never heard of her. Huh wonder she was doing for the downtime for all them days. Thought it was something she did but ah, it was someone else being pathetic. Also there's a person claiming Mario songs and Nintendo or anyone else haven't acted yet? What?! I take it some may report them but to no avail.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Gotta love having your report system in the hands of a bot that can't actually look into things.

A lot of VTubers are having trouble on YouTube right now due to false copyright claims, and the system taking down their channels because of it. One ASMR VTuber actually had a thief steal their videos, and then report her as stealing copyrighted stuff. She got her channel deleted because of it, and the thief gets away with stealing all of her videos. Like holy shit YouTube, actually employ some fucking people to ACTUALLY LOOK INTO THESE CLAIMS AND MAKE SURE THE RIGHT PERSON IS BEING PUNISHED.

Like, I'm not into ASMR stuff at all, so I have no dog in the fight, but when someone is having their content stolen, and then the thief gets them banned by claiming copyright, something is extremely fucked up.

Also yes, as everyone hear knows, I am a huge fan of VTubers, but this case doesn't bother me strictly because it's a VTuber. It just happens to be something I saw reported on in the last couple days, so it's an example fresh in my memory. I'd be pissed about this if it happened to any content creator at all, because it's absolute horseshit.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Gotta love having your report system in the hands of a bot that can't actually look into things.

A lot of VTubers are having trouble on YouTube right now due to false copyright claims, and the system taking down their channels because of it. One ASMR VTuber actually had a thief steal their videos, and then report her as stealing copyrighted stuff. She got her channel deleted because of it, and the thief gets away with stealing all of her videos. Like holy shit YouTube, actually employ some fucking people to ACTUALLY LOOK INTO THESE CLAIMS AND MAKE SURE THE RIGHT PERSON IS BEING PUNISHED.

Like, I'm not into ASMR stuff at all, so I have no dog in the fight, but when someone is having their content stolen, and then the thief gets them banned by claiming copyright, something is extremely fucked up.

Also yes, as everyone hear knows, I am a huge fan of VTubers, but this case doesn't bother me strictly because it's a VTuber. It just happens to be something I saw reported on in the last couple days, so it's an example fresh in my memory. I'd be pissed about this if it happened to any content creator at all, because it's absolute horseshit.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: I only know of the channel because the image is pretty well known and it's appeared on my recommended feed a few times.
As for the Mario music, I don't think Nintendo has done anything about the false claims and probably doesn't care to do so, since I doubt they don't know about it. I did try to look up which song in particular it is, but had no luck since I heard it through streamers. @ShiraNoMai might remember what song it is.

@Dragon Lord: What irks me is how easy it seems to be for someone to just game the system. I fail to believe Google can't come up with a solution to the problem, considering ya know, they're hecking Google! That VTuber incident is ridiculous because surely just checking the upload dates would show which channel had the content first and resolve the dispute easily. Errm
I doubt YouTube will ever care to improve their system though, since it's not like they have to worry about competition. They'd only care if it can cause an issue with advertisers or the law, much like how Reddit often deals with things if they hit the news but never before that point despite being well known problems.

As for you not being into ASMR DL, that's a shame. I was planning to release an ASMR album for everyone to listen to at Christmas this year. Cry

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: I only know of the channel because the image is pretty well known and it's appeared on my recommended feed a few times.
As for the Mario music, I don't think Nintendo has done anything about the false claims and probably doesn't care to do so, since I doubt they don't know about it. I did try to look up which song in particular it is, but had no luck since I heard it through streamers. @ShiraNoMai might remember what song it is.

@Dragon Lord: What irks me is how easy it seems to be for someone to just game the system. I fail to believe Google can't come up with a solution to the problem, considering ya know, they're hecking Google! That VTuber incident is ridiculous because surely just checking the upload dates would show which channel had the content first and resolve the dispute easily. Errm
I doubt YouTube will ever care to improve their system though, since it's not like they have to worry about competition. They'd only care if it can cause an issue with advertisers or the law, much like how Reddit often deals with things if they hit the news but never before that point despite being well known problems.

As for you not being into ASMR DL, that's a shame. I was planning to release an ASMR album for everyone to listen to at Christmas this year. Cry
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
(Jul 11th, 2022, 11:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

That sucks your flight got cancelled, rescheduled and then there was further delays on top of that!

Hi folks, hows it going?

Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
(Jul 11th, 2022, 11:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

That sucks your flight got cancelled, rescheduled and then there was further delays on top of that!

Hi folks, hows it going?

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 12th, 2022, 11:52 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It's the SMW Castle Theme that got hijacked by some twat's illegal mixed version on YouTube that samples it. It's one of those dumb things that's automated by YouTube and the guy's publisher, so he had no idea this was happening. Of course, he's done nothing to resolve it so it still deals with it. 

Doing good, nebulous! How's your weekend going so far? Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

It's the SMW Castle Theme that got hijacked by some twat's illegal mixed version on YouTube that samples it. It's one of those dumb things that's automated by YouTube and the guy's publisher, so he had no idea this was happening. Of course, he's done nothing to resolve it so it still deals with it. 

Doing good, nebulous! How's your weekend going so far? Smile
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 17th, 2022, 02:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I was prepared to excuse him when you said he wasn't aware, but the fact he then didn't do anything about it and just continues to benefit from others is bollocks. Errm

@Nebulous: Yeah, and it didn't help it was on the night before July 4, so the airports were getting crazy. There wasn't a particular rush to get home though and we weren't bored waiting around, so it wasn't too bad overall.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 17th, 2022, 02:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I was prepared to excuse him when you said he wasn't aware, but the fact he then didn't do anything about it and just continues to benefit from others is bollocks. Errm

@Nebulous: Yeah, and it didn't help it was on the night before July 4, so the airports were getting crazy. There wasn't a particular rush to get home though and we weren't bored waiting around, so it wasn't too bad overall.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 39 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,504 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,434 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,273 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,267 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM