Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 6th, 2023, 05:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
What a Chad. Second ever post is just out of the blue quote-post "hello" in the dead of night.

...now we need a chad emote Glare
What would one of those even look like? XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 6th, 2023, 05:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
What a Chad. Second ever post is just out of the blue quote-post "hello" in the dead of night.

...now we need a chad emote Glare
What would one of those even look like? XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Chad emote? Why, literally just a small sized image of the Chad guy's head, no need to be similar to the rest of our blue emotes as he's such a Chad he overrides that need.

Or ignore me and do something else as I'm not a Chad.  Cry

EDIT: Forgot there are different versions of a Chad guy, but I was referring to Giga Chad Ernest Khalimov.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Chad emote? Why, literally just a small sized image of the Chad guy's head, no need to be similar to the rest of our blue emotes as he's such a Chad he overrides that need.

EDIT: Forgot there are different versions of a Chad guy, but I was referring to Giga Chad Ernest Khalimov.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Hello everyone, how are you doing? Smile
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 7th, 2023, 05:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

True, nothing says every emote here has to be to the standard of the existing ones. I think it's just something that stuck at some point. LOL

(Jan 7th, 2023, 08:03 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
I'm pretty good, just really tired from getting up at 3am for work today. I also thought Bam Margera had died but turns out he was just "pronounced dead" after suffering four seizures but didn't actually pass and from what I can gather seems to be relatively okay. Have to admit though I've never heard anyone get pronounced dead when they're not actually dead, excluding those who fake their death and whatnot. Tongue

Got any plans for the rest of the weekend @aerodynamik or anyone else?
I'm planning to take the Christmas tree down later tonight which should be quick since it never got decorated. ROFL Then tomorrow I need to grab my art supplies for the Spring semester starting on Monday, although it doesn't seem like I'll need a lot this time around which is nice. Less money I have to spend on that stuff the better. Speaking of, I need to go sail the seas for my textbooks because screw paying for any of those anymore. Whistle

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

True, nothing says every emote here has to be to the standard of the existing ones. I think it's just something that stuck at some point. LOL

I'm pretty good, just really tired from getting up at 3am for work today. I also thought Bam Margera had died but turns out he was just "pronounced dead" after suffering four seizures but didn't actually pass and from what I can gather seems to be relatively okay. Have to admit though I've never heard anyone get pronounced dead when they're not actually dead, excluding those who fake their death and whatnot. Tongue

I'm planning to take the Christmas tree down later tonight which should be quick since it never got decorated. ROFL Then tomorrow I need to grab my art supplies for the Spring semester starting on Monday, although it doesn't seem like I'll need a lot this time around which is nice. Less money I have to spend on that stuff the better. Speaking of, I need to go sail the seas for my textbooks because screw paying for any of those anymore. Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Also getting our fan finally put up in the sitting room tomorrow by my brother. Had the damn thing for near a year already ROFL Would be one of the last few things that room needs before being done (others include a display for Spyro and to hang our posters/wall art).

Successful week back on the diet grind. Already down nearly 3lbs. Gotta keep up the grind and hopefully meet my target goal before the summer Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Also getting our fan finally put up in the sitting room tomorrow by my brother. Had the damn thing for near a year already ROFL Would be one of the last few things that room needs before being done (others include a display for Spyro and to hang our posters/wall art).

Successful week back on the diet grind. Already down nearly 3lbs. Gotta keep up the grind and hopefully meet my target goal before the summer Smile
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
(Jan 7th, 2023, 11:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I have been thinking about starting a blog about forum and website management and linking it to Admin Junkies.. We have an article add on which does the trick more than sufficiently, but there's an addon available to link a WP blog and XF forum seamlessly. Just don't know if it would be worth the investment and effort.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
(Jan 7th, 2023, 11:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I have been thinking about starting a blog about forum and website management and linking it to Admin Junkies.. We have an article add on which does the trick more than sufficiently, but there's an addon available to link a WP blog and XF forum seamlessly. Just don't know if it would be worth the investment and effort.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 8th, 2023, 10:55 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
Hmm. My thought is that if the way articles are done on AJ already works out well for you both in terms of engagement and creation, the blog would only be worth it if you know it'll improve those aspects of the articles you already do on there enough to make the effort and change worth bothering with. If you're happy with how it is now then it might be best to just leave it and not fix what isn't broken. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm. My thought is that if the way articles are done on AJ already works out well for you both in terms of engagement and creation, the blog would only be worth it if you know it'll improve those aspects of the articles you already do on there enough to make the effort and change worth bothering with. If you're happy with how it is now then it might be best to just leave it and not fix what isn't broken. Smile
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
(Jan 8th, 2023, 11:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah agreed. We've been having trouble with DDoS attacks this week. Bumping up security, so hopefully it's all over now.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner

Yeah agreed. We've been having trouble with DDoS attacks this week. Bumping up security, so hopefully it's all over now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 9th, 2023, 03:40 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:

Oof, that explains why I would see a Cloudflare screen when visiting this past week. Is it specifically your site being targeted or are you on a shared server/server host that's the actual target and it's just catching you and others in the crossfire, similar to when ZB was getting DDoS attacks frequently back in the day? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Oof, that explains why I would see a Cloudflare screen when visiting this past week. Is it specifically your site being targeted or are you on a shared server/server host that's the actual target and it's just catching you and others in the crossfire, similar to when ZB was getting DDoS attacks frequently back in the day? Unsure
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
(Jan 9th, 2023, 09:08 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, we've been an indirect target sadly. There's a bit more to it but I'm not gonna explain public for obvious reasons - but PM if you want. Anyways, most firewalls are setup, so hopefully no more attacks. Sendgrid has been setup to mask our IP from sending emails and a new IP will be available soon.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
(Jan 9th, 2023, 09:08 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, we've been an indirect target sadly. There's a bit more to it but I'm not gonna explain public for obvious reasons - but PM if you want. Anyways, most firewalls are setup, so hopefully no more attacks. Sendgrid has been setup to mask our IP from sending emails and a new IP will be available soon.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fair enough. I suppose at least being an indirect target is somewhat better in that you know someone isn't out for you personally, even if it is still the same pain in the arse either way. Hopefully it either stops soon or whatever measures you put into place for AJ at least mitigate the effects on your side of things. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fair enough. I suppose at least being an indirect target is somewhat better in that you know someone isn't out for you personally, even if it is still the same pain in the arse either way. Hopefully it either stops soon or whatever measures you put into place for AJ at least mitigate the effects on your side of things. Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Best of luck to you, aero. Sounds rough Sad

What is it with the news this year that has me so incredibly misanthropic? It's one thing to be ignorant, but it's another to be willfully ignorant to the point of no return. Like identifying a person's pronouns based on their fucking DNA. 6 PEOPLE BACKED THIS SHIT! XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

What is it with the news this year that has me so incredibly misanthropic? It's one thing to be ignorant, but it's another to be willfully ignorant to the point of no return. Like identifying a person's pronouns based on their fucking DNA. 6 PEOPLE BACKED THIS SHIT! XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 13th, 2023, 05:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I somehow can't properly understand what that PDF is actually trying to do because the formatting at the start of the lower half is weird to me, but I'm gathering the gist is DNA being used to determine biological sex and then using that to state the gender of the person tested. Why not just state male/female or something or if this issue as a whole is just going to cause problems one way or the other just use "they" and call it a day since it's a neutral term that doesn't assume anything or play into one side or the other. Meh

Also I don't remember what misanthropic means from memory... Mellow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 13th, 2023, 05:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I somehow can't properly understand what that PDF is actually trying to do because the formatting at the start of the lower half is weird to me, but I'm gathering the gist is DNA being used to determine biological sex and then using that to state the gender of the person tested. Why not just state male/female or something or if this issue as a whole is just going to cause problems one way or the other just use "they" and call it a day since it's a neutral term that doesn't assume anything or play into one side or the other. Meh

Also I don't remember what misanthropic means from memory... Mellow
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hating humanity. From the prefix "mis-", meaning wrong, and "anthropos" meaning human.

I haven't read the paper yet -- I'm just about to go into work -- but I'm willing to bet it'll have me throwing my phone in frustration just on that description of it alone. Joyous.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hating humanity. From the prefix "mis-", meaning wrong, and "anthropos" meaning human.

I haven't read the paper yet -- I'm just about to go into work -- but I'm willing to bet it'll have me throwing my phone in frustration just on that description of it alone. Joyous.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 14th, 2023, 09:59 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Ah. For some reason only now when you literally spelt out what "mis-" meant to me did I realize all words starting with that are for things disliked or incorrect. Just sorta went over my head from lack of thought. XD

As for the paper, unless my phone was bugging out it's only a page that you could probably glean enough info from in a couple of minutes, especially since it seemed to mostly be filled with stating the same point but with slight variations by the look of it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 14th, 2023, 09:59 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Ah. For some reason only now when you literally spelt out what "mis-" meant to me did I realize all words starting with that are for things disliked or incorrect. Just sorta went over my head from lack of thought. XD

As for the paper, unless my phone was bugging out it's only a page that you could probably glean enough info from in a couple of minutes, especially since it seemed to mostly be filled with stating the same point but with slight variations by the look of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 41 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,604 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,446 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,372 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,314 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM