Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
My semester just started. The issue is there's a hurricane coming and if we lose power, I'm expected to do my homework because my teachers expect us to have physical books, not digital.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
My semester just started. The issue is there's a hurricane coming and if we lose power, I'm expected to do my homework because my teachers expect us to have physical books, not digital.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I still find that entirely horseshit and just a bullshit excuse on the professor's part because they don't want to have to shift their teaching schedule around Rolleyes

Well, looks like the storm is pulling a Matthew so we may be able to move in as planned on Monday morning after all. We set up the shutters to the new house just in case, but the storm seems to be veering on the path of the North Atlantic Jetstream and completely dodging us. It's great news considering the storm is presently a near Category 5 hurricane, and would have absolutely fucked us raw had that made direct impact.

How's everyone else managing this holiday weekend?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I still find that entirely horseshit and just a bullshit excuse on the professor's part because they don't want to have to shift their teaching schedule around Rolleyes

Well, looks like the storm is pulling a Matthew so we may be able to move in as planned on Monday morning after all. We set up the shutters to the new house just in case, but the storm seems to be veering on the path of the North Atlantic Jetstream and completely dodging us. It's great news considering the storm is presently a near Category 5 hurricane, and would have absolutely fucked us raw had that made direct impact.

How's everyone else managing this holiday weekend?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hate this hurricane. We decided to hunker down in our new house before we officially move into it and it was a nightmare two hours prepping and getting here. The cat decided to shit himself in his box in my car on the way there so I had to deal with that and then we had to wash him.

Anyone else in Florida having a better time with this hurricane? Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hate this hurricane. We decided to hunker down in our new house before we officially move into it and it was a nightmare two hours prepping and getting here. The cat decided to shit himself in his box in my car on the way there so I had to deal with that and then we had to wash him.

Anyone else in Florida having a better time with this hurricane? Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Damn, a hurricane whilst trying to move. Terrible luck and timing. Thanks, weather. Eh Hope you two and those in Florida are doing better now. *checks news*
Thank goodness it's just the edge of the swirl you're getting, or at least by the map image I'm seeing, and apparently moving North? ....Northwest, damn that's bad actually. How's it affecting you now?

Bahamas been hit pretty bad. Yeesh.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Damn, a hurricane whilst trying to move. Terrible luck and timing. Thanks, weather. Eh Hope you two and those in Florida are doing better now. *checks news*
Thank goodness it's just the edge of the swirl you're getting, or at least by the map image I'm seeing, and apparently moving North? ....Northwest, damn that's bad actually. How's it affecting you now?

Bahamas been hit pretty bad. Yeesh.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That was probably the most obnoxious weather event I've ever had to deal with. I thought Hurricane Michael was bad when it nearly did the same thing two years ago, but at least it didn't slow down to a crawl or devastate anywhere notable. This is one of those things that would make a person complacent to ever get serious about a hurricane again if I were a new resident of Florida.

Reminded me of this scene from Spongebob, though:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That was probably the most obnoxious weather event I've ever had to deal with. I thought Hurricane Michael was bad when it nearly did the same thing two years ago, but at least it didn't slow down to a crawl or devastate anywhere notable. This is one of those things that would make a person complacent to ever get serious about a hurricane again if I were a new resident of Florida.

Reminded me of this scene from Spongebob, though:
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Glad it's away form you now, but damn I do not want to be living the areas that are in it's current pathway. Although imagine if it could continue, never dying down, and head towards UK. Fun times. *shot* Really don't know what I'd do. I'll just hope for an alien planet vaporising attack, or just aimed at me plz. *shot again*

Not doing much with myself. Eh, got another long shift tomorrow, and my section leader is about to be off two weeks again. Apparently have more long working days coming up, but nobody's approached me yet about them. Seen the second week without my section leader, but don't know about the first. I was meant to be in early on Monday, but no mention from my section manager who was supposed to ask me. More monies though. So not too bothered, although will be if I have to work on a day I'm not usually in.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Glad it's away form you now, but damn I do not want to be living the areas that are in it's current pathway. Although imagine if it could continue, never dying down, and head towards UK. Fun times. *shot* Really don't know what I'd do. I'll just hope for an alien planet vaporising attack, or just aimed at me plz. *shot again*

Not doing much with myself. Eh, got another long shift tomorrow, and my section leader is about to be off two weeks again. Apparently have more long working days coming up, but nobody's approached me yet about them. Seen the second week without my section leader, but don't know about the first. I was meant to be in early on Monday, but no mention from my section manager who was supposed to ask me. More monies though. So not too bothered, although will be if I have to work on a day I'm not usually in.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry for not being here as much as I would be for the past week. Having a hurricane alongside moving made it hard to get a moment to sit down and actually do anything. I even had to catch the Direct late because of it; although, I would've caught it but our new internet died literally five minutes before it came on! >.<

Got some new furniture from IKEA today for our bedroom, since we have literally nothing but a bed in there right now. Once I've had dinner I'm probably going to try and get all of it built tonight, since I don't feel like trying to do any tomorrow. Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry for not being here as much as I would be for the past week. Having a hurricane alongside moving made it hard to get a moment to sit down and actually do anything. I even had to catch the Direct late because of it; although, I would've caught it but our new internet died literally five minutes before it came on! >.<

Got some new furniture from IKEA today for our bedroom, since we have literally nothing but a bed in there right now. Once I've had dinner I'm probably going to try and get all of it built tonight, since I don't feel like trying to do any tomorrow. Whistle
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Eep, week later and I haven't done much. >.< Well work busy but that don't excuse me from being here or playing games.

These people moving about. My brother and partner got their new place recently too, and are waiting/ordering furniture too. Have you and Shira got more stuff now? Also, how did the building of your IKEA furniture go?

Did get Monday off on the 9th, but going to pay for it this coming Monday. Section Leader's off (1-2 weeks), and doing another long shift after today's. Offered to, as me being in early is better when there's two in, but the other guy goes at 10AM usually, so might be me on my own till 4PM. Hope someone else will be in, another colleague or section manager like he was today. Otherwise it'll be hell. Would be A LOT worse if I only did my normal shift, as I didn't want to be walking into shit at the start. A gigantic heap of it that is, rather than the normal size I expect to be already there anyway at 6AM. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Eep, week later and I haven't done much. >.< Well work busy but that don't excuse me from being here or playing games.

These people moving about. My brother and partner got their new place recently too, and are waiting/ordering furniture too. Have you and Shira got more stuff now? Also, how did the building of your IKEA furniture go?

Did get Monday off on the 9th, but going to pay for it this coming Monday. Section Leader's off (1-2 weeks), and doing another long shift after today's. Offered to, as me being in early is better when there's two in, but the other guy goes at 10AM usually, so might be me on my own till 4PM. Hope someone else will be in, another colleague or section manager like he was today. Otherwise it'll be hell. Would be A LOT worse if I only did my normal shift, as I didn't want to be walking into shit at the start. A gigantic heap of it that is, rather than the normal size I expect to be already there anyway at 6AM. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 14th, 2019, 09:01 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Have you and Shira got more stuff now? Also, how did the building of your IKEA furniture go?
Nah, the furniture was the most recent stuff. I expect our next purchase will be shelves for the primary living room (we have two living rooms and I hate it because trying to be clear what one is being discussed is a nightmare most of the time) to put above our couch and behind it, then likely nothing for the rest of the year unless we see something on a good sale or just feel like getting something because we can. I know the instant IKEA puts a sale on their artificial plants imma be all over that good shit. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 14th, 2019, 09:01 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Have you and Shira got more stuff now? Also, how did the building of your IKEA furniture go?
Nah, the furniture was the most recent stuff. I expect our next purchase will be shelves for the primary living room (we have two living rooms and I hate it because trying to be clear what one is being discussed is a nightmare most of the time) to put above our couch and behind it, then likely nothing for the rest of the year unless we see something on a good sale or just feel like getting something because we can. I know the instant IKEA puts a sale on their artificial plants imma be all over that good shit. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The building was rough. We only made the bed frame and one nightstand that night Moony said we'd "do it all". I knew we wouldn't, but he seemed determined. We wound up taking til like 5PM the next day finishing it all. It's all good and done now, which is nice, but god damn the amount of cardboard that comes from those packets is insane. I spent a good 2 hours on Saturday cutting down at least half the boxes we had into tiny pieces so they'd fit into our recycle bin. I'm so tired of cardboard at this point >.<

We do have a minor goal of getting this place somewhat ready for a "friends"-giving event for Thanksgiving (which is the last Thursday of November). I think I wanna get the table and living place set up downstairs sorted for that Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The building was rough. We only made the bed frame and one nightstand that night Moony said we'd "do it all". I knew we wouldn't, but he seemed determined. We wound up taking til like 5PM the next day finishing it all. It's all good and done now, which is nice, but god damn the amount of cardboard that comes from those packets is insane. I spent a good 2 hours on Saturday cutting down at least half the boxes we had into tiny pieces so they'd fit into our recycle bin. I'm so tired of cardboard at this point >.<

We do have a minor goal of getting this place somewhat ready for a "friends"-giving event for Thanksgiving (which is the last Thursday of November). I think I wanna get the table and living place set up downstairs sorted for that Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If we can get stuff on a buy now pay later deal, then it'll be doable. Otherwise I suggest you start working overtime missy. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If we can get stuff on a buy now pay later deal, then it'll be doable. Otherwise I suggest you start working overtime missy. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 18th, 2019, 03:56 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The building was rough. We only made the bed frame and one nightstand that night Moony said we'd "do it all". I knew we wouldn't, but he seemed determined.

Dang, what did you do for sleep that night?
Yeah, remember doing my sister's room with her flat packs. Most of it was easy, but the stuff I got stuck on or did wrong was annoying as hell, and took the most time and energy out of me (granted, there was a screw provided that was completely wrong and almost ruined the bed, and had to improvise with a different screw that wasn't included). When I get new furniture for myself, not sure if I'll want to go for more of that again or get some other stuff. Since I'm not moving anytime soon, I can make the decision when the time comes. XD 

A get together with friends for Thanksgiving sounds cool. I want to see some pictures please, when all is done! Especially of the new place and how crazy people or go....or calm, calm pleasantness is good too. :3
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 18th, 2019, 03:56 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The building was rough. We only made the bed frame and one nightstand that night Moony said we'd "do it all". I knew we wouldn't, but he seemed determined.

Dang, what did you do for sleep that night?
Yeah, remember doing my sister's room with her flat packs. Most of it was easy, but the stuff I got stuck on or did wrong was annoying as hell, and took the most time and energy out of me (granted, there was a screw provided that was completely wrong and almost ruined the bed, and had to improvise with a different screw that wasn't included). When I get new furniture for myself, not sure if I'll want to go for more of that again or get some other stuff. Since I'm not moving anytime soon, I can make the decision when the time comes. XD 

A get together with friends for Thanksgiving sounds cool. I want to see some pictures please, when all is done! Especially of the new place and how crazy people or go....or calm, calm pleasantness is good too. :3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
We wasn't up super late if that's what you're wondering @Mr EliteL. It was something like 11pm when those were done, so I realised trying to do the rest would have us up way past 3am. XD
Also, IKEA does have a service that will put the stuff together for you at your house, so you don't have to do it if you don't want to. It'll just obviously cost money and I imagine at that point it's probably worth just finding a store with the furniture already built unless you find something that comes flatpack that just appeals to you.

I doubt it'll be that calm EL. The people coming are two of the girls from the bridal party and the other guy who was in my party besides you and my brother. XD

Feeling pretty accomplished right now; I told myself to have my paper done by 6:30pm and I got it done two minutes before that. Grin

OK I'm editing the :3 emote to be = 3 without the space. I'm sick of times being cocked up by it. >.<

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
We wasn't up super late if that's what you're wondering @Mr EliteL. It was something like 11pm when those were done, so I realised trying to do the rest would have us up way past 3am. XD
Also, IKEA does have a service that will put the stuff together for you at your house, so you don't have to do it if you don't want to. It'll just obviously cost money and I imagine at that point it's probably worth just finding a store with the furniture already built unless you find something that comes flatpack that just appeals to you.

I doubt it'll be that calm EL. The people coming are two of the girls from the bridal party and the other guy who was in my party besides you and my brother. XD

Feeling pretty accomplished right now; I told myself to have my paper done by 6:30pm and I got it done two minutes before that. Grin

OK I'm editing the :3 emote to be = 3 without the space. I'm sick of times being cocked up by it. >.<
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hope everyone's doing well. Enjoying my time away from work. Ferry took about 30 mins, which felt like 10. XD
Only took one pair of footwear, which I found had crack in the of the bottom left. So weather had to rain and tell me I had to get new ones. Yep, always take at least two on holiday in future. Get to see some animals today. Most likely monkeys and owls, which are two of my sister's favourites.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hope everyone's doing well. Enjoying my time away from work. Ferry took about 30 mins, which felt like 10. XD
Only took one pair of footwear, which I found had crack in the of the bottom left. So weather had to rain and tell me I had to get new ones. Yep, always take at least two on holiday in future. Get to see some animals today. Most likely monkeys and owls, which are two of my sister's favourites.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Tell your sister to stop eyeing up those bananas. Shifty

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: Tell your sister to stop eyeing up those bananas. Shifty

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 38 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,504 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface