Universal Chat Thread
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, I wanted to mention the lack of North Koreans being able to do... well, anything on the internet, but I had to get going to work so didn't have time to include it. To be completely honest I don't even know what the percentage of average N. Korean citizens who even get access to online is. Can't be all that high considering that Big Kimmy hogs everything to himself.

In more interesting news, it has been announced that Hatsune Miku will be performing at the Coachella Music Festival. Friday April 10th and 17th. In the same lineup as Rage Against the Machine, which I find very humorous. But it's awesome to see Miku making the lineup at what seems to be a pretty major music festival (I actually never heard of Coachella until now -- it's not something I'd normally care about). Too bad I am a poor person and cannot afford to go.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, I wanted to mention the lack of North Koreans being able to do... well, anything on the internet, but I had to get going to work so didn't have time to include it. To be completely honest I don't even know what the percentage of average N. Korean citizens who even get access to online is. Can't be all that high considering that Big Kimmy hogs everything to himself.

In more interesting news, it has been announced that Hatsune Miku will be performing at the Coachella Music Festival. Friday April 10th and 17th. In the same lineup as Rage Against the Machine, which I find very humorous. But it's awesome to see Miku making the lineup at what seems to be a pretty major music festival (I actually never heard of Coachella until now -- it's not something I'd normally care about). Too bad I am a poor person and cannot afford to go.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For Rage Against the Machine to be at that event it would have to be somewhat well regarded otherwise it would never secure a high profile group like that, especially for headlining. It'll be very interesting either way though to see what the overall reception from the attendees to Miku is going to be, particularly those who haven't heard of her.

Also, speaking of stupidity, Twitter really shows how fucking stupid too many people are in response to a potential war scenario. For every serious concern about WW3 there was at least two tweets that were for it happening "because America is boss" or "nuke them because why the fuck not?" or some such tripe. Joke ones I could kinda overlook since they help keep things from being 100% doom and gloom, but why anyone would seriously want any type of war to happen (and for nukes to be involved) just to gloat about it makes me question how much of that $2 trillion should've been put into mental health checks for those people...
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For Rage Against the Machine to be at that event it would have to be somewhat well regarded otherwise it would never secure a high profile group like that, especially for headlining. It'll be very interesting either way though to see what the overall reception from the attendees to Miku is going to be, particularly those who haven't heard of her.

Also, speaking of stupidity, Twitter really shows how fucking stupid too many people are in response to a potential war scenario. For every serious concern about WW3 there was at least two tweets that were for it happening "because America is boss" or "nuke them because why the fuck not?" or some such tripe. Joke ones I could kinda overlook since they help keep things from being 100% doom and gloom, but why anyone would seriously want any type of war to happen (and for nukes to be involved) just to gloat about it makes me question how much of that $2 trillion should've been put into mental health checks for those people...
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I think there's also at least one Korean group playing at Coachella too (or they might be a JPop band), so there must be at least a decent number of people who go there that are into that scene, so Miku should do pretty well. And with no Miku Expo concert in LA this time around, I can imagine most people in that area will try to flock to Coachella to see her instead, so that could give them a decent boost.

The nuke comments aren't surprising. A lot of Americans (mainly the uneducated Trump followers) don't realize that nuking another country, even on the other side of the planet, would have major consequences for us in terms of what effect it would have on the environment. Then again, Trump and his morons have shown time and time again that they don't give a shit about the environment and I definitely can see Trump trying his best to get Congress to allow him to nuke the middle east. Trump will look for any reason to try and abuse his power and "flex" on other countries. Basically we could be in a repeat of World War II, where American dropped the Atomic Bombs on Japan not because it was required for victory (we were already going to win), but because they wanted to use it as a chance to show off their power and use Japan as an example of the rest of the world: "Look what we did to Japan. Fuck with us and it'll happen to you."

America has a history of using unnecessary force just because they want to show off and try to instill fear in other countries. I won't be surprised if history repeats itself again in the future, this time with Nuclear or Chemical weapons.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I think there's also at least one Korean group playing at Coachella too (or they might be a JPop band), so there must be at least a decent number of people who go there that are into that scene, so Miku should do pretty well. And with no Miku Expo concert in LA this time around, I can imagine most people in that area will try to flock to Coachella to see her instead, so that could give them a decent boost.

The nuke comments aren't surprising. A lot of Americans (mainly the uneducated Trump followers) don't realize that nuking another country, even on the other side of the planet, would have major consequences for us in terms of what effect it would have on the environment. Then again, Trump and his morons have shown time and time again that they don't give a shit about the environment and I definitely can see Trump trying his best to get Congress to allow him to nuke the middle east. Trump will look for any reason to try and abuse his power and "flex" on other countries. Basically we could be in a repeat of World War II, where American dropped the Atomic Bombs on Japan not because it was required for victory (we were already going to win), but because they wanted to use it as a chance to show off their power and use Japan as an example of the rest of the world: "Look what we did to Japan. Fuck with us and it'll happen to you."

America has a history of using unnecessary force just because they want to show off and try to instill fear in other countries. I won't be surprised if history repeats itself again in the future, this time with Nuclear or Chemical weapons.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only difference between WW2 and now is nukes weren't really a thing prior to their first use. America can't flex with nukes when plenty of other countries have them too and could and would nuke back. It went from one guy in the room holding the gun to everyone being in a mexican standoff.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only difference between WW2 and now is nukes weren't really a thing prior to their first use. America can't flex with nukes when plenty of other countries have them too and could and would nuke back. It went from one guy in the room holding the gun to everyone being in a mexican standoff.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's true, but of course you have to remember we're dealing with Donald "my button is bigger" Trump. Sure, everyone else has nukes, but he has the [i]biggest[/b] nukes. The best nukes. The greatest nukes. His nukes are more nuclear than everyone else's.

Now thankfully he can't actually use them without going through several bodies of the Government, some of which are Dem controlled so that will never happen, but man, if he's re-elected in 2020 and all bodies of government become Republican controlled... OOF. I'm not a Dem fan/supporter, but Republicans are a special kind of stupid and I wouldn't be surprised if a Republican controlled government gave the OK to nuke another country.

Democrats might not be the brightest themselves, but like I said, Republicans are an extra special level of dumb.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's true, but of course you have to remember we're dealing with Donald "my button is bigger" Trump. Sure, everyone else has nukes, but he has the [i]biggest[/b] nukes. The best nukes. The greatest nukes. His nukes are more nuclear than everyone else's.

Now thankfully he can't actually use them without going through several bodies of the Government, some of which are Dem controlled so that will never happen, but man, if he's re-elected in 2020 and all bodies of government become Republican controlled... OOF. I'm not a Dem fan/supporter, but Republicans are a special kind of stupid and I wouldn't be surprised if a Republican controlled government gave the OK to nuke another country.

Democrats might not be the brightest themselves, but like I said, Republicans are an extra special level of dumb.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt there would ever be a unanimous backing of using nukes on the basis of party alone. Even simpler things like healthcare can't get a unanimous backing when it would clearly benefit the country.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt there would ever be a unanimous backing of using nukes on the basis of party alone. Even simpler things like healthcare can't get a unanimous backing when it would clearly benefit the country.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, I'm not saying it would 100% for sure happen, but unfortunately politics in America are less about what's right/good for the people and more about making sure that you side "wins." Which is why I said I wouldn't be surprised if a Republican controlled government would pass the OK to launch a nuclear weapon.

I mean, look at how Republicans look the other way and ignore the fact that Donald Trump is a complete, corrupt criminal. Instead of doing the right thing and getting his ass out of office, they're going to completely ignore it, rule against removing him from office from the impeachment, all not because they think he's innocent, but because removing him from office would mean that the Democrats would "win", and even if it's the worse decision for the country, they're going to do whatever they have to in order to save face and not make themselves look bad.

Again, not saying 100% would happen, but if the clown gets elected again in 2020 and any of the bodies that are currently Democrat controlled because Republican controlled, and the current ones in Republican control stay that way, making it so that Donny boy has zero obstacles blocking his path (because again, the retarded Republican party has shown they will back him up 110% no matter what), don't be too surprised if some really, really stupid shit ends up happening.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, I'm not saying it would 100% for sure happen, but unfortunately politics in America are less about what's right/good for the people and more about making sure that you side "wins." Which is why I said I wouldn't be surprised if a Republican controlled government would pass the OK to launch a nuclear weapon.

I mean, look at how Republicans look the other way and ignore the fact that Donald Trump is a complete, corrupt criminal. Instead of doing the right thing and getting his ass out of office, they're going to completely ignore it, rule against removing him from office from the impeachment, all not because they think he's innocent, but because removing him from office would mean that the Democrats would "win", and even if it's the worse decision for the country, they're going to do whatever they have to in order to save face and not make themselves look bad.

Again, not saying 100% would happen, but if the clown gets elected again in 2020 and any of the bodies that are currently Democrat controlled because Republican controlled, and the current ones in Republican control stay that way, making it so that Donny boy has zero obstacles blocking his path (because again, the retarded Republican party has shown they will back him up 110% no matter what), don't be too surprised if some really, really stupid shit ends up happening.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, and after all that it ended with "Actually let's just be friends". Going by my international relations class today, I expect Iran actually retaliating gave the US the message to not start shit nor for anyone else to try anything either. Although it probably won't resolve the problem of Iran deciding to not listen to the US any longer, which I don't blame them for doing.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, and after all that it ended with "Actually let's just be friends". Going by my international relations class today, I expect Iran actually retaliating gave the US the message to not start shit nor for anyone else to try anything either. Although it probably won't resolve the problem of Iran deciding to not listen to the US any longer, which I don't blame them for doing.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This year is going to be a rough one, I can already feel it. From how we started politically, to just global mayhem ensuing slowly but surely, it's already begun.

Can't believe it's going to be 4 years tomorrow that my dad has passed away. It feels like a long while but also doesn't? One of those things where you re-evaluate what's happened in your life since then and can become aware of the major changes that have occurred since elongate that time-frame, but also, the idea of it being 4 whole years is bonkers. Wonder if I should visit his grave thing this weekend. I'd go tomorrow but it's mega far away from where I live now. Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This year is going to be a rough one, I can already feel it. From how we started politically, to just global mayhem ensuing slowly but surely, it's already begun.

Can't believe it's going to be 4 years tomorrow that my dad has passed away. It feels like a long while but also doesn't? One of those things where you re-evaluate what's happened in your life since then and can become aware of the major changes that have occurred since elongate that time-frame, but also, the idea of it being 4 whole years is bonkers. Wonder if I should visit his grave thing this weekend. I'd go tomorrow but it's mega far away from where I live now. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just posting this here in case it goes unnoticed, but the 'Last Game Played' topic is locked.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just posting this here in case it goes unnoticed, but the 'Last Game Played' topic is locked.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 30th, 2020, 07:49 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Odd, it had no reason to be locked. You can thank @Mr EliteL for that though, since the logs say he did it 6 hours ago. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 30th, 2020, 07:49 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Odd, it had no reason to be locked. You can thank @Mr EliteL for that though, since the logs say he did it 6 hours ago. Rolleyes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I figured he must have accidentally locked it when he posted in it since he was the last staff member on prior to it being closed. No harm done, just figured I'd point it out to make sure it got noticed sooner rather than later.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I figured he must have accidentally locked it when he posted in it since he was the last staff member on prior to it being closed. No harm done, just figured I'd point it out to make sure it got noticed sooner rather than later.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, I must've accidentally hit the Close Thread option when using the On-Screen Keyboard I have to use now for certain keys. I probably missed the keyboard and clicked outside the box, but didn't notice I did something. It will automatically tick the box if I even touch the "prevent further posting in this thread" line by mistake. XD 

Woohoo....out of EU sort of. More deals or whatever to happen until I don't know the end of the year. All I took notice of is some checkup date in June. I don't know and don't even care, my interest in politics is moot now. Hmm. I wonder what a static sleepy emote would look like all of a sudden.  Meh This will do.

Coronavirus going around in the world yay. Why can't a virus be good for once?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, I must've accidentally hit the Close Thread option when using the On-Screen Keyboard I have to use now for certain keys. I probably missed the keyboard and clicked outside the box, but didn't notice I did something. It will automatically tick the box if I even touch the "prevent further posting in this thread" line by mistake. XD 

Woohoo....out of EU sort of. More deals or whatever to happen until I don't know the end of the year. All I took notice of is some checkup date in June. I don't know and don't even care, my interest in politics is moot now. Hmm. I wonder what a static sleepy emote would look like all of a sudden.  Meh This will do.

Coronavirus going around in the world yay. Why can't a virus be good for once?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope leaving the EU works out well, but it's hard to trust it will when most politicians and companies who stood behind it bailed on the UK or are just untrustworthy scum in general.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope leaving the EU works out well, but it's hard to trust it will when most politicians and companies who stood behind it bailed on the UK or are just untrustworthy scum in general.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I don't see it working out too well myself; however, I won't wish it any more harm than I already think it will do and hope for the best for the citizens of the UK. It's a damn shame that both America and the UK have had their hands full in dealing with some mega-rough politics in the past 5 years or so. Just goes to show that nationalism and racism are still very much alive in today's societies, as much as people would like to believe they're not.

Was hoping the Super Bowl wouldn't cause problems in my immediate area since it's being held 30 minutes away from us, but we attempted to go out to a specific restaurant tonight only to find they were closed specially today at 3, presumably to watch the game Sad The Italian we had instead wasn't bad, though. Just wished we could've had that yummy Pho that was in our minds >.<
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I don't see it working out too well myself; however, I won't wish it any more harm than I already think it will do and hope for the best for the citizens of the UK. It's a damn shame that both America and the UK have had their hands full in dealing with some mega-rough politics in the past 5 years or so. Just goes to show that nationalism and racism are still very much alive in today's societies, as much as people would like to believe they're not.

Was hoping the Super Bowl wouldn't cause problems in my immediate area since it's being held 30 minutes away from us, but we attempted to go out to a specific restaurant tonight only to find they were closed specially today at 3, presumably to watch the game Sad The Italian we had instead wasn't bad, though. Just wished we could've had that yummy Pho that was in our minds >.<

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 35 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,489 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,410 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,236 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,246 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM