Universal Chat Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The old and wrinkly need nice smooth assets too <_<
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The old and wrinkly need nice smooth assets too <_<
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Oct 12th, 2022, 05:22 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Was the camera one of those big noticeable old school ones, or did the person filming just really stand out? XD

Well he did have a stand for the camera, and would take it off and carry it with him too. Yeah more old school type of a camera I think it was.

Also yikes g2g to work.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Oct 12th, 2022, 05:22 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Was the camera one of those big noticeable old school ones, or did the person filming just really stand out? XD

Well he did have a stand for the camera, and would take it off and carry it with him too. Yeah more old school type of a camera I think it was.

Also yikes g2g to work.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Hi all, happy Friday! Glad the weekend is finally here.  Time to relax. 

[Image: 200.gif]
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847

[Image: 200.gif]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I wish I could say that about Fridays, but instead I go "yay it's Saturday afternoon, short weekend!" or now, "Yay it's Monday evening, time for my mid-week weekend".

Regardless, hope everyone's weekend is great.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I wish I could say that about Fridays, but instead I go "yay it's Saturday afternoon, short weekend!" or now, "Yay it's Monday evening, time for my mid-week weekend".

Regardless, hope everyone's weekend is great.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 14th, 2022, 05:54 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Also yikes g2g to work.
I misread the time stamp on this post and thought it was 12:54pm (my time) instead of am and wondered why you're going to work at 6pm. XD Whistle

(Oct 15th, 2022, 02:55 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Indeed! Especially for me since I've spent the last week basically doing homework every single day, one of which was a straight 28 hours. Suffer

Shira just told me her grandma passed away during the night (roughly 12 hours ago from the time of this post was when she passed) and I thought she was joking at first because I was expecting her to be way more solemn and stuff about the news, but I guess maybe since it was expected it wasn't as hard hitting. I know that's kinda the case for me since I'm not feeling sad about the news. If anything I'm at least glad the woman isn't dealing with the shit she had going on anymore which is what she wanted.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 14th, 2022, 05:54 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Also yikes g2g to work.
I misread the time stamp on this post and thought it was 12:54pm (my time) instead of am and wondered why you're going to work at 6pm. XD Whistle

(Oct 15th, 2022, 02:55 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Indeed! Especially for me since I've spent the last week basically doing homework every single day, one of which was a straight 28 hours. Suffer

Shira just told me her grandma passed away during the night (roughly 12 hours ago from the time of this post was when she passed) and I thought she was joking at first because I was expecting her to be way more solemn and stuff about the news, but I guess maybe since it was expected it wasn't as hard hitting. I know that's kinda the case for me since I'm not feeling sad about the news. If anything I'm at least glad the woman isn't dealing with the shit she had going on anymore which is what she wanted.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw nuts, really did happen even if just moments before this day begun. Yes, good her grandma is no longer dealing with what she had and is at peace.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw nuts, really did happen even if just moments before this day begun. Yes, good her grandma is no longer dealing with what she had and is at peace.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 15th, 2022, 06:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, generally seems most of the family is okay about it because it's been such a drawn out ordeal and stuff that everyone just wanted it to stop.
No idea when the funeral will be yet. I heard it might be Tuesday.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 15th, 2022, 06:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, generally seems most of the family is okay about it because it's been such a drawn out ordeal and stuff that everyone just wanted it to stop.
No idea when the funeral will be yet. I heard it might be Tuesday.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, because of her going into hospice, we've had all that time since then to basically come to terms with her inevitable death, made our peaces with her while she was still lucid, and basically just waited til it was confirmed. It was like an assisted suicide in that sense? Probably the most humane way to go: on your own terms, with your family at your side, in the most comfort possible. It's unfortunate she had to go at all but if there was any way for her to go, it was that.

I took the opportunity to celebrate her life and our memories together by having my mom make the cake she used to make with me when I was younger for my birthday. I knew she'd hate for me to spend my birthday moping around because of her, so I decided to honor that wish with something we cherished together Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, because of her going into hospice, we've had all that time since then to basically come to terms with her inevitable death, made our peaces with her while she was still lucid, and basically just waited til it was confirmed. It was like an assisted suicide in that sense? Probably the most humane way to go: on your own terms, with your family at your side, in the most comfort possible. It's unfortunate she had to go at all but if there was any way for her to go, it was that.

I took the opportunity to celebrate her life and our memories together by having my mom make the cake she used to make with me when I was younger for my birthday. I knew she'd hate for me to spend my birthday moping around because of her, so I decided to honor that wish with something we cherished together Smile
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 16th, 2022, 09:00 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I knew she'd hate for me to spend my birthday moping around because of her, so I decided to honor that wish with something we cherished together Smile
Yeah, I'd rather people try to celebrate my life after I'm gone rather than just be miserable.

Hoping the local Firestone gets back to me about if my appointment is confirmed for later today, since I desperately need my car serviced as my back tyre has a gash in it that's exposing the metal reinforcement inside the tyre which is incredibly dangerous to drive on. I've been feeling my car acting like it's running over something constantly for at least a couple of weeks and finally saw that gash yesterday which is likely the culprit. Rolleyes

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 16th, 2022, 09:00 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I knew she'd hate for me to spend my birthday moping around because of her, so I decided to honor that wish with something we cherished together Smile
Yeah, I'd rather people try to celebrate my life after I'm gone rather than just be miserable.

Hoping the local Firestone gets back to me about if my appointment is confirmed for later today, since I desperately need my car serviced as my back tyre has a gash in it that's exposing the metal reinforcement inside the tyre which is incredibly dangerous to drive on. I've been feeling my car acting like it's running over something constantly for at least a couple of weeks and finally saw that gash yesterday which is likely the culprit. Rolleyes
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that was good thing to do for your birthday with your mom, @ShiraNoMai .

Also hope your car gets seen to and taken care of, @Moonface .

Just had an annoying day mainly due to me not paying attention twice causing me to forget/lose them. My key card to clock in, which I found after returning to work to find it after my shift, it was in my locker's keyhole. Did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Then later on in the evening realised I left my mp3 player in the canteen on my break. Took my headphones out to use in my phone when I noticed the mp3 player was very low on battery and failed to put it back in my bag at least, nor look back when I left my break seat. Doh Attempted to look at work again but nothing, door to where I assume lost and found usually is was locked so will try again tomorrow.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that was good thing to do for your birthday with your mom, @ShiraNoMai .

Also hope your car gets seen to and taken care of, @Moonface .

Just had an annoying day mainly due to me not paying attention twice causing me to forget/lose them. My key card to clock in, which I found after returning to work to find it after my shift, it was in my locker's keyhole. Did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Then later on in the evening realised I left my mp3 player in the canteen on my break. Took my headphones out to use in my phone when I noticed the mp3 player was very low on battery and failed to put it back in my bag at least, nor look back when I left my break seat. Doh Attempted to look at work again but nothing, door to where I assume lost and found usually is was locked so will try again tomorrow.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah my car is good now. It cost me $700 to get it all sorted like I said in the last purchase thread but most of it was stuff I won't need on the next service so I just try to look at it that if I average it out across the services that won't cost me much going forward for a bit it isn't that much.

How was your card in the locker keyhole? Did they change the way lockers work there, because I don't remember needing to use my card to use a locker. Hmm
Hopefully you find your MP3 player. I can't imagine someone would try to take it but there's always that one asshole employee who just has to take other people's shit. Errm

My job is currently filled with drama that I'm stuck in the middle of, and someone wanted to bring it up at 5am this morning as soon as I got in which was a drag. I sometimes wish I wasn't so courteous to others feelings so I could've just told them straight up to shut up about it. Meh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah my car is good now. It cost me $700 to get it all sorted like I said in the last purchase thread but most of it was stuff I won't need on the next service so I just try to look at it that if I average it out across the services that won't cost me much going forward for a bit it isn't that much.

How was your card in the locker keyhole? Did they change the way lockers work there, because I don't remember needing to use my card to use a locker. Hmm
Hopefully you find your MP3 player. I can't imagine someone would try to take it but there's always that one asshole employee who just has to take other people's shit. Errm

My job is currently filled with drama that I'm stuck in the middle of, and someone wanted to bring it up at 5am this morning as soon as I got in which was a drag. I sometimes wish I wasn't so courteous to others feelings so I could've just told them straight up to shut up about it. Meh
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I forget, EL, is there a reason you're still using your MP3 player over your phone? I feel like you've told me before but I suddenly can't recall Hmm

Dealing with people sucks. I, for one, look forward to our all-remote working days in the future Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I forget, EL, is there a reason you're still using your MP3 player over your phone? I feel like you've told me before but I suddenly can't recall Hmm

Dealing with people sucks. I, for one, look forward to our all-remote working days in the future Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My card is in a holder which is connected to my locker key's keyring, so yeah I left my key in the locker door which included my work card. XD

Got my mp3 player back yesterday morning when I went into work (to not work), was handed in at customer services, possibly because nobody was around to hand it in to upstairs where the staff areas are. Was the last place I checked too because I assumed it could've handed in up there, and if it wasn't there I'd have given up and assumed stolen.

I use my mp3 player because my phone is OK for it, but would rather have something separate for music instead of draining the phone's battery. Although will use my phone if I have to, do have a small selection of music on there as back up.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
My card is in a holder which is connected to my locker key's keyring, so yeah I left my key in the locker door which included my work card. XD

Got my mp3 player back yesterday morning when I went into work (to not work), was handed in at customer services, possibly because nobody was around to hand it in to upstairs where the staff areas are. Was the last place I checked too because I assumed it could've handed in up there, and if it wasn't there I'd have given up and assumed stolen.

I use my mp3 player because my phone is OK for it, but would rather have something separate for music instead of draining the phone's battery. Although will use my phone if I have to, do have a small selection of music on there as back up.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't done it in a while but I don't think playing music on your phone uses up a lot of battery. I used to listen to music for two hours straight at work before the store would open and my phone would still have more than enough battery to get through the shift with it.

How are folks doing lately? Anyone got weekend plans at all? Smile

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't done it in a while but I don't think playing music on your phone uses up a lot of battery. I used to listen to music for two hours straight at work before the store would open and my phone would still have more than enough battery to get through the shift with it.

How are folks doing lately? Anyone got weekend plans at all? Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah music playing doesn't drain battery. Keeping the phone awake and active will, so if you're constantly fudging around with it, finding and making new playlists, etc, that will certainly drain the battery life.

Of course, however you're most comfortable doing a thing is fine. I just find it amusing is all LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah music playing doesn't drain battery. Keeping the phone awake and active will, so if you're constantly fudging around with it, finding and making new playlists, etc, that will certainly drain the battery life.

Of course, however you're most comfortable doing a thing is fine. I just find it amusing is all LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 44 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,610 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,523 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,380 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,410 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM