Universal Chat Thread
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,822
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's been a fairly mild June (so far) here in Minnesota. It's been a pleasant surprise. Looks like it'll stay that way as well. I was looking at the forecast for the rest of June and comparing those days to last year, and there are days when we were at 100F last year but will only be at 75-85 this year, which is going to be nice. Though I'd prefer it to stay a bit cooler (60F-65F), but as long as it stays below 85 and the suffocating humidity stays away (has so far, another pleasant surprise, but I expect this to change by July).

As someone who heats up faster than most and finds 80+ to be miserable, I'm having a good time this June for once.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,822 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's been a fairly mild June (so far) here in Minnesota. It's been a pleasant surprise. Looks like it'll stay that way as well. I was looking at the forecast for the rest of June and comparing those days to last year, and there are days when we were at 100F last year but will only be at 75-85 this year, which is going to be nice. Though I'd prefer it to stay a bit cooler (60F-65F), but as long as it stays below 85 and the suffocating humidity stays away (has so far, another pleasant surprise, but I expect this to change by July).

As someone who heats up faster than most and finds 80+ to be miserable, I'm having a good time this June for once.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah humidity sucks, hate to live in a place that can normally go up to like 28C/82F or more, think I can just about bare something like 24C/75F for Summer, or there's a breeze kinda like what we had yesterday after I walked home from work there was one that made the heat feel less. Grin Can't wait to have to deal with Tomatoes and such going off because of the temperature at work.  Hmph

Yeah hope the doctor's visit finds out what your headache problem is, Moony.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah humidity sucks, hate to live in a place that can normally go up to like 28C/82F or more, think I can just about bare something like 24C/75F for Summer, or there's a breeze kinda like what we had yesterday after I walked home from work there was one that made the heat feel less. Grin Can't wait to have to deal with Tomatoes and such going off because of the temperature at work.  Hmph

Yeah hope the doctor's visit finds out what your headache problem is, Moony.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,820
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 13th, 2023, 03:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I think you misread what I was describing as being Minneapolis. I was describing home (in Florida) LOL It's why I said "it was warm, sure, but no where near as warm as home."
I'm still not getting it when reading your previous post you say I got wrong. You make it sound like it was 31C in Minneapolis when we were there with the order of your wording by going with "getting toasty in England; it was that warm in Minneapolis when we were there".

As for the headaches, nothing from the doctor yet since they want to get blood work done and a CAT scan. Had another one today come on a few hours ago and I've been very fatigued all day despite sleeping well last night, so I've felt like a stewing vegetable all day. ;w;

And yeah, humidity sucks more than outright heat. It's like when it's cold out but there's a strong wind; the cold would be more tolerable without the wind sending it through to your bones. Yikes
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,820 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 13th, 2023, 03:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I think you misread what I was describing as being Minneapolis. I was describing home (in Florida) LOL It's why I said "it was warm, sure, but no where near as warm as home."
I'm still not getting it when reading your previous post you say I got wrong. You make it sound like it was 31C in Minneapolis when we were there with the order of your wording by going with "getting toasty in England; it was that warm in Minneapolis when we were there".

As for the headaches, nothing from the doctor yet since they want to get blood work done and a CAT scan. Had another one today come on a few hours ago and I've been very fatigued all day despite sleeping well last night, so I've felt like a stewing vegetable all day. ;w;

And yeah, humidity sucks more than outright heat. It's like when it's cold out but there's a strong wind; the cold would be more tolerable without the wind sending it through to your bones. Yikes
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh, yeah I was right in saying that, then. It did get that warm. But it wasn't really that humid (compared to Florida) so it didn't necessarily feel that hot. It was way more apparent when we came home LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh, yeah I was right in saying that, then. It did get that warm. But it wasn't really that humid (compared to Florida) so it didn't necessarily feel that hot. It was way more apparent when we came home LOL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah it definitely wasn't humid up there. But if it was sitting at like 30C I can't say I noticed, but maybe it was on one of the five days I was mostly in the hotel concussed with headaches. LOL

Ugh, another night where I'm not able to fall asleep and I have work in four hours, so looks like I'm just gonna pull another all nighter. Kinda bothered how all nighters are becoming more common for me due to an inability to fall asleep. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah it definitely wasn't humid up there. But if it was sitting at like 30C I can't say I noticed, but maybe it was on one of the five days I was mostly in the hotel concussed with headaches. LOL

Ugh, another night where I'm not able to fall asleep and I have work in four hours, so looks like I'm just gonna pull another all nighter. Kinda bothered how all nighters are becoming more common for me due to an inability to fall asleep. Errm
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It hit 93F/34C today with the humidity making the heat index 105F/40.5C. I'm so glad I don't have to go outside for my job. A/C is a wonderful invention.

I wanted to go to our local Pride festival tomorrow but 1) there's a high chance of rain 2) I have work to do and 3) I fear for my safety. It stinks cuz I really wanted to go this year cuz I've never gone and I feel more "out" than I ever have before and want to join in the festivities. Sad
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It hit 93F/34C today with the humidity making the heat index 105F/40.5C. I'm so glad I don't have to go outside for my job. A/C is a wonderful invention.

I wanted to go to our local Pride festival tomorrow but 1) there's a high chance of rain 2) I have work to do and 3) I fear for my safety. It stinks cuz I really wanted to go this year cuz I've never gone and I feel more "out" than I ever have before and want to join in the festivities. Sad
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I feel that not going through safety concerns is a double edged sword because while keeping safe is valid (especially in the land of nutjobs with guns), not going also just let's the people trying to cause fear and disrupt the event achieve their goal. Eh

No idea what's wrong with me but I had to call off work today from how unwell I felt this morning and have continued to be all day. I just took the really strong pain medication my doctor prescribed as I'm still in pain after trying regular meds, but so far I don't feel any different and it's been like nearly an hour since I took them. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, I feel that not going through safety concerns is a double edged sword because while keeping safe is valid (especially in the land of nutjobs with guns), not going also just let's the people trying to cause fear and disrupt the event achieve their goal. Eh

No idea what's wrong with me but I had to call off work today from how unwell I felt this morning and have continued to be all day. I just took the really strong pain medication my doctor prescribed as I'm still in pain after trying regular meds, but so far I don't feel any different and it's been like nearly an hour since I took them. Errm
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah true. Apparently admission is $10 cuz they had to pay for $1 million in security in addition to renting out the whole street from the city to use for 8 hours. Yeesh. Seems like it went well though, so maybe this time next year it'll be fine. If this lunacy of demonizing queerfolk finally calms the hell down... Errm
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah true. Apparently admission is $10 cuz they had to pay for $1 million in security in addition to renting out the whole street from the city to use for 8 hours. Yeesh. Seems like it went well though, so maybe this time next year it'll be fine. If this lunacy of demonizing queerfolk finally calms the hell down... Errm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 18th, 2023, 03:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If this lunacy of demonizing queerfolk finally calms the hell down... Errm
If it does it'll only be because people found another group that's more convenient to demonize instead rather than focusing on things that actually matter. Worry about your own shit and leave people alone who aren't harming anyone. Rolleyes

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 18th, 2023, 03:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If this lunacy of demonizing queerfolk finally calms the hell down... Errm
If it does it'll only be because people found another group that's more convenient to demonize instead rather than focusing on things that actually matter. Worry about your own shit and leave people alone who aren't harming anyone. Rolleyes
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Hi all, hows it going? Hope you're having a great weekend! I hope the week ahead is great for you as well. Grin

[Image: 7AdjBF9.gif]
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Hi all, hows it going? Hope you're having a great weekend! I hope the week ahead is great for you as well. Grin

[Image: 7AdjBF9.gif]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hope you had a good weekend yourself, Nebulous. Mine was fine, Father's Day was yesterday for us in UK, did a spot of indoor golf with my siblings and pops.

Hope you're feeling somewhat better, Moony. If not, darn it to heck. Sad

Mine's minor but left side of my jaw has been causing me a bit of pain lately, randomly. Done nothing to it so not sure how it's happened. On top of my throat being annoying again.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hope you had a good weekend yourself, Nebulous. Mine was fine, Father's Day was yesterday for us in UK, did a spot of indoor golf with my siblings and pops.

Mine's minor but left side of my jaw has been causing me a bit of pain lately, randomly. Done nothing to it so not sure how it's happened. On top of my throat being annoying again.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
(Jun 19th, 2023, 10:33 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Sounds like you had a nice fathers day, I am doing good myself.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata

Sounds like you had a nice fathers day, I am doing good myself.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm feeling better today, although that just meant that something else had to go wrong which came in the form of my car battery being dead this morning when I started my car to go to work. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm feeling better today, although that just meant that something else had to go wrong which came in the form of my car battery being dead this morning when I started my car to go to work. Errm
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
At least it's resolved again. 4 year old battery would do it, though. Damn thing was out there trying its best. (Car batteries normally have a 2-2 1/2 year lifespan)

I had a great time this past weekend - I completed my first Multiworld with friends Grin
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
At least it's resolved again. 4 year old battery would do it, though. Damn thing was out there trying its best. (Car batteries normally have a 2-2 1/2 year lifespan)

I had a great time this past weekend - I completed my first Multiworld with friends Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2023, 04:26 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah I didn't know my car battery was from 2019 nor that car batteries tend to only have a two year lifespan.

To give context for anyone curious of how bad my battery was, it usually requires 550 of... whatever unit of measurement to start my car and my battery was only able to provide 40. It had also started to swell up on one side which was the most concerning thing we (us and the mechanic) saw. Yikes

I'm happy my blood test today was painless both in the sense that my arm doesn't hurt at all from it and I didn't feel woozy during or after having it either. ^_^

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2023, 04:26 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah I didn't know my car battery was from 2019 nor that car batteries tend to only have a two year lifespan.

To give context for anyone curious of how bad my battery was, it usually requires 550 of... whatever unit of measurement to start my car and my battery was only able to provide 40. It had also started to swell up on one side which was the most concerning thing we (us and the mechanic) saw. Yikes

I'm happy my blood test today was painless both in the sense that my arm doesn't hurt at all from it and I didn't feel woozy during or after having it either. ^_^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 4 104 May 3rd, 2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 46,521 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,915 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,912 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,899 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM