Rayman (Series)
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) | Hitman 2 (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Who else here is a fan of the Rayman games? Which ones have you played, what are your favourites, which songs from the soundtracks do you like most?

I've played every mainline Rayman game and I'm torn between Rayman 2 and 3 as my favourite. They both have completely different tones from one another and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. I find 2 has a better story but 3 has better gameplay.
[Image: file.php?id=3006934]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

[Image: ForumAbilitiesSig.gif]
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Who else here is a fan of the Rayman games? Which ones have you played, what are your favourites, which songs from the soundtracks do you like most?

I've played every mainline Rayman game and I'm torn between Rayman 2 and 3 as my favourite. They both have completely different tones from one another and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. I find 2 has a better story but 3 has better gameplay.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tekken 7 | BBCTB | Super Bomberman R | Others likely
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
I've played and owned Rayman, Rayman 2, Rayman 3, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Advance and Rayman Origins. Haven't completed Rayman Advance, though. Remember playing, or at least watched you (Moony) play Rayman R.

Rayman 2 and 3 are my favourite out of the bunch. Origins was cool and all, but would place that third. Feel the same about 2 and 3 like you, Moony. Did like Reflux as one of the main baddies from 3, also my favourite stages were Land of the Livid Dead, Desert of the Knareen and strangely enough The Longest Shortcut, as I enjoyed the downtime from action during that part. Count Razoff was a great boss. Need to be reminded of 2 though. XD

If there were possible remakes of Rayman's earlier games then I'd like to see Great Escape, possibly a little more than 3. Not sure though. I know for sure I'd like to see a better new design of the final boss from Hoodlum Havoc, as that model has not aged well, and looks terribly ugly now. Normal Reflux still looks OK though.
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
I've played and owned Rayman, Rayman 2, Rayman 3, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Advance and Rayman Origins. Haven't completed Rayman Advance, though. Remember playing, or at least watched you (Moony) play Rayman R.

Rayman 2 and 3 are my favourite out of the bunch. Origins was cool and all, but would place that third. Feel the same about 2 and 3 like you, Moony. Did like Reflux as one of the main baddies from 3, also my favourite stages were Land of the Livid Dead, Desert of the Knareen and strangely enough The Longest Shortcut, as I enjoyed the downtime from action during that part. Count Razoff was a great boss. Need to be reminded of 2 though. XD

If there were possible remakes of Rayman's earlier games then I'd like to see Great Escape, possibly a little more than 3. Not sure though. I know for sure I'd like to see a better new design of the final boss from Hoodlum Havoc, as that model has not aged well, and looks terribly ugly now. Normal Reflux still looks OK though.
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Which version of Rayman 2 did you play EL? There's a few different ones and I didn't realise for the longest time that my PS1 version was the one with the most cut content.

Doubt they'd remake Rayman 2 since they pretty much did that with Rayman Revolution, and 3 got a HD version for PS3 plus it originally never sold that well so that's likely the most we'll see of that.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Which version of Rayman 2 did you play EL? There's a few different ones and I didn't realise for the longest time that my PS1 version was the one with the most cut content.

Doubt they'd remake Rayman 2 since they pretty much did that with Rayman Revolution, and 3 got a HD version for PS3 plus it originally never sold that well so that's likely the most we'll see of that.
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 466.5 XP
Mega Man Bioshock 
I've played Rayman Arena, and one of the Raving Rabids games, I thought they were both fun!

I'm a Razorwife main, and I also liked Globox a whole bunch too!

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 466.5 XP
I've played Rayman Arena, and one of the Raving Rabids games, I thought they were both fun!

I'm a Razorwife main, and I also liked Globox a whole bunch too!
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Rayman Arena (or Rayman M as it was outside the US) was a good spin off and felt rather unique for a racer due to keeping with the games platforming roots. I remember the last battle challenge in that game giving me so much trouble. >.<

Razorwife was great to me for her victory animation. I still remember the tune she sings in my head. XD

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Rayman Arena (or Rayman M as it was outside the US) was a good spin off and felt rather unique for a racer due to keeping with the games platforming roots. I remember the last battle challenge in that game giving me so much trouble. >.<

Razorwife was great to me for her victory animation. I still remember the tune she sings in my head. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
Huh, never heard of Razorwife, having not played Arenas. Might have looked at it once online or something, but just don't remember that character. XD

@Moony: Played the PS1 version. Have the double pack of Rayman 1 and 2.

AGDQ are currently doing a speedrun of Rayman 2 at the moment, which I randomly caught on Twitch. First time watching a speedrun of Rayman 2, myself.
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Huh, never heard of Razorwife, having not played Arenas. Might have looked at it once online or something, but just don't remember that character. XD

@Moony: Played the PS1 version. Have the double pack of Rayman 1 and 2.

AGDQ are currently doing a speedrun of Rayman 2 at the moment, which I randomly caught on Twitch. First time watching a speedrun of Rayman 2, myself.
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
If you can find a copy, get yourself Rayman Revolution for PS2 EL. I'd say go to mine and borrow it but I brought it with me, although if you want you can wait for me to bring it to you.

I do have Rayman M at mine though if you want to borrow that and give it a go.

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
If you can find a copy, get yourself Rayman Revolution for PS2 EL. I'd say go to mine and borrow it but I brought it with me, although if you want you can wait for me to bring it to you.

I do have Rayman M at mine though if you want to borrow that and give it a go.
Grungie Offline
Newcomer
XP: 259.12 XP
I've only played the first Rayman, never finished it. Not sure if I'm just terrible at the game, or it gets really hard after awhile.
Grungie Offline
Newcomer
XP: 259.12 XP
I've only played the first Rayman, never finished it. Not sure if I'm just terrible at the game, or it gets really hard after awhile.
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
(01-12-2019, 04:53 PM)Grungie Wrote:
Nah, the first Rayman game can be horrendously hard. Even the developers admitted to never playtesting it during development, and so they had no concept of how difficult they were making the game at times.

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
(01-12-2019, 04:53 PM)Grungie Wrote:
Nah, the first Rayman game can be horrendously hard. Even the developers admitted to never playtesting it during development, and so they had no concept of how difficult they were making the game at times.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resident Evil (Series) Moonface 8 655 3 hours ago
Last Post: Amalthea
  Crash Bandicoot (Series) | CTR Remaster Announced Moonface 25 1,208 01-16-2019, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Metallix
  Yoshi (Series) Moonface 2 26 01-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  God of War (Series) Moonface 5 362 01-07-2019, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Bioshock (Series) Amalthea 0 87 12-09-2018, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Amalthea