Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Because he was looking at 30 years if convicted, so that seems like a decent motive to me. "I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life in prison, so f*** you, world." Now if only the conspiract theory of him getting whacked wasn't brewing...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Because he was looking at 30 years if convicted, so that seems like a decent motive to me. "I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life in prison, so f*** you, world." Now if only the conspiract theory of him getting whacked wasn't brewing...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ah, makes sense. Although I wonder why not wait until he knows how long he's going to get, but maybe it was easier to take himself out before he ended up in the American system.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ah, makes sense. Although I wonder why not wait until he knows how long he's going to get, but maybe it was easier to take himself out before he ended up in the American system.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
He did say on twitter that if he did get arrested he wasn't going to kill himself so that feed into the conspiracy theory I don't really know what to believe he is an accused murderer and I don't doubt that the man does have potential enemies that would want him dead.

We often don't like to buy into conspiracy cause they seem far fetched, but in this case I think it could be a legitmate thing, now will we ever know? Probably not. If the investigator don't want to take the investigation further or the government it most likely won't ever be looked into that deeply.

According to a source from NY post he had a suicide note on him, but he apparently said the US government would make it look like a suicide so who the frickin knows.
https://nypost.com/2021/06/28/john-mcafe...ound-dead/
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
He did say on twitter that if he did get arrested he wasn't going to kill himself so that feed into the conspiracy theory I don't really know what to believe he is an accused murderer and I don't doubt that the man does have potential enemies that would want him dead.

We often don't like to buy into conspiracy cause they seem far fetched, but in this case I think it could be a legitmate thing, now will we ever know? Probably not. If the investigator don't want to take the investigation further or the government it most likely won't ever be looked into that deeply.

According to a source from NY post he had a suicide note on him, but he apparently said the US government would make it look like a suicide so who the frickin knows.
https://nypost.com/2021/06/28/john-mcafe...ound-dead/
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If someone killed him then he clearly had knowledge about something people didn't want getting out. If it was just because he was hated why not revel in him living out the rest of his life in prison?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If someone killed him then he clearly had knowledge about something people didn't want getting out. If it was just because he was hated why not revel in him living out the rest of his life in prison?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Woke up this morning to see that Thea White, the voice actor for Muriel in Courage the Cowardly Dog, has passed away. Sad

She was 81 years old, and it appears she passed away due to cancer of the liver. The upcoming Scooby Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog movie will be her last recorded performance.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Woke up this morning to see that Thea White, the voice actor for Muriel in Courage the Cowardly Dog, has passed away. Sad

She was 81 years old, and it appears she passed away due to cancer of the liver. The upcoming Scooby Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog movie will be her last recorded performance.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I saw that on twitter last night and I was sad to learn of that her voice acting was top notch!

If there is an afterlife may she rest in peace if not she will be remembered fondly by her loved ones and fans of the show.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I saw that on twitter last night and I was sad to learn of that her voice acting was top notch!

If there is an afterlife may she rest in peace if not she will be remembered fondly by her loved ones and fans of the show.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah that was big sad news. I hadn't seen her cause of death, but I was aware she was quite old, so it didn't shock me to learn that she passed suddenly. Still, deeply saddened. She was such a bright spirit and had such passion for what she did.

Come to think of it, didn't Eustice's VAs (he had two cuz I think one died in the middle of the series airing?) also pass? Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah that was big sad news. I hadn't seen her cause of death, but I was aware she was quite old, so it didn't shock me to learn that she passed suddenly. Still, deeply saddened. She was such a bright spirit and had such passion for what she did.

Come to think of it, didn't Eustice's VAs (he had two cuz I think one died in the middle of the series airing?) also pass? Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Aug 1st, 2021, 04:10 PM)Moonface Wrote:
The upcoming Scooby Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog movie 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76118a75403c62b2e25c4d...y.gif&ct=g]

My disgust in that being an actual thing that exists aside, RIP. Can't say I remember her performance in Courage at all, and I have no clue what else she may have done, so it's not a death that is too impactful to me personally. Still, at least she seemed to have led a pretty good life and lived to a decent age. I'd say 81 years was a good, full life.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

My disgust in that being an actual thing that exists aside, RIP. Can't say I remember her performance in Courage at all, and I have no clue what else she may have done, so it's not a death that is too impactful to me personally. Still, at least she seemed to have led a pretty good life and lived to a decent age. I'd say 81 years was a good, full life.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like the crossover is actually a pretty good combination really the only thing is we are going back to real monsters with this crossover since the monsters are real unlike int he classic scooby doo series.

Plus...there was a legit crossover with Supernatural that they did at one point so I mean really Scooby Doo crossovers are very natural to the series why? Most likely money to cash in on a familiar brand, but I do still appreciate them.

Apparently she actually did stage work but her only voice acting role was Muriel, but I think she did an amazing job at that one role.

@ShiraNoMai
Apparently Nikki Eustace had a different voice actor for the pilot than we had Lionel for 1-33 and then due to illness he retired from doing it then Arthur Anderson and then we have Jeff Bergman who is his current voice actor I believe.
Howard Hoffman (pilot)
Lionel Wilson (episodes 1-33)
Arthur Anderson (episodes 34-52)
Jeff Bergman (Cartoon Network 20th Anniversary Party, Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog)
Wallace Shawn (The Fog of Courage)
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like the crossover is actually a pretty good combination really the only thing is we are going back to real monsters with this crossover since the monsters are real unlike int he classic scooby doo series.

Plus...there was a legit crossover with Supernatural that they did at one point so I mean really Scooby Doo crossovers are very natural to the series why? Most likely money to cash in on a familiar brand, but I do still appreciate them.

Apparently she actually did stage work but her only voice acting role was Muriel, but I think she did an amazing job at that one role.

@ShiraNoMai
Apparently Nikki Eustace had a different voice actor for the pilot than we had Lionel for 1-33 and then due to illness he retired from doing it then Arthur Anderson and then we have Jeff Bergman who is his current voice actor I believe.
Howard Hoffman (pilot)
Lionel Wilson (episodes 1-33)
Arthur Anderson (episodes 34-52)
Jeff Bergman (Cartoon Network 20th Anniversary Party, Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog)
Wallace Shawn (The Fog of Courage)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2021, 04:35 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

It's at least one of the more fitting cross overs Scooby Doo has had. I remember there were a few movies of them doing a cross over with WWE. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2021, 04:35 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

It's at least one of the more fitting cross overs Scooby Doo has had. I remember there were a few movies of them doing a cross over with WWE. ROFL
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, I know I'm the only real music buff here, so I wouldn't be surprised if no one else heard about this: a few days ago, Dusty Hill passed on. No cause of death is known at the moment. He was the bassist of the legendary rock band ZZ Top, famed for their legendary beards, and songs like "Tush" (pronouced like "rush", not like "bush"), "Sharp Dressed Man", and "La Grange". Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard plan on continuing the band with one of their guitar techs, Elwood Francis, as that was apparently Dusty Hill's wish. Before this, Hill, Gibbons, and Beard had been playing and touring in the same line up for over 50 years.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, I know I'm the only real music buff here, so I wouldn't be surprised if no one else heard about this: a few days ago, Dusty Hill passed on. No cause of death is known at the moment. He was the bassist of the legendary rock band ZZ Top, famed for their legendary beards, and songs like "Tush" (pronouced like "rush", not like "bush"), "Sharp Dressed Man", and "La Grange". Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard plan on continuing the band with one of their guitar techs, Elwood Francis, as that was apparently Dusty Hill's wish. Before this, Hill, Gibbons, and Beard had been playing and touring in the same line up for over 50 years.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know of ZZ Top, but I hadn't heard the news about their bassist passing away. I'm surprised I missed it, since I'm sure it would've been trending around various social media sites and I tend to visit those daily, especially for breaking news since I don't have cable any more to rely on TV to tell me about anything. XD
I looked up whether they were still active and saw that they plan to continue with a different bassist, so it's nice to see that the group will still continue.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know of ZZ Top, but I hadn't heard the news about their bassist passing away. I'm surprised I missed it, since I'm sure it would've been trending around various social media sites and I tend to visit those daily, especially for breaking news since I don't have cable any more to rely on TV to tell me about anything. XD
I looked up whether they were still active and saw that they plan to continue with a different bassist, so it's nice to see that the group will still continue.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It is nice, but Elwood has a BIG hole to fill through no fault of his own. Again, for 50 years, it's been just Gibbons, Hill, and Beard, rocking epic Blues Rock with their Texan flair since 1970. Elwood now has to fill that spot both for the fans, and for Gibbons and Beard. I honestly feel pretty bad for him, having to suddenly jump into those shoes, even if he was explicitly chosen for the spot by Dusty (this quote apparently is "Give Elwood the bottom end, and take it to the Top".), and even if he's been a long time worker/friend of theirs.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It is nice, but Elwood has a BIG hole to fill through no fault of his own. Again, for 50 years, it's been just Gibbons, Hill, and Beard, rocking epic Blues Rock with their Texan flair since 1970. Elwood now has to fill that spot both for the fans, and for Gibbons and Beard. I honestly feel pretty bad for him, having to suddenly jump into those shoes, even if he was explicitly chosen for the spot by Dusty (this quote apparently is "Give Elwood the bottom end, and take it to the Top".), and even if he's been a long time worker/friend of theirs.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah my work had me do a Monday Night Blues (video of the week) feature on them. Such a shame about Dusty. ZZ Top are such a timeless group and it's sad to see such a key part pass away. Sad
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah my work had me do a Monday Night Blues (video of the week) feature on them. Such a shame about Dusty. ZZ Top are such a timeless group and it's sad to see such a key part pass away. Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I know most people here won't know the guy except for those in England, but I just learned that Sean Lock has passed away from cancer at 58:

I haven't watched a ton of him but enough to know he was fun to listen to, and it sucks he had to die at what I'd consider to still be a young age. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I know most people here won't know the guy except for those in England, but I just learned that Sean Lock has passed away from cancer at 58:

I haven't watched a ton of him but enough to know he was fun to listen to, and it sucks he had to die at what I'd consider to still be a young age. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 59 7,563 Apr 15th, 2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface