Notable/Celebrity Deaths | Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" character designer
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
It's been sad to hear about John Madden and Betty White this past week. RIP to both of them.
WR91 Offline
Casual
It's been sad to hear about John Madden and Betty White this past week. RIP to both of them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 1st, 2022, 03:47 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(Dec 31st, 2021, 09:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Can't say I'm familiar with her beyond her name, but seeing this thread active today of all days (or even tomorrow) instantly made my heart drop. Sad

Obviously I never knew her personally, but I've never seen a single person ever say one bad thing about her. Everyone who knew her said the same thing -- she was an absolutely amazing person who had nothing but kindness in her heart. Now, I can't back that up from my own experience, but I think you can see that in the way she talked and how she just had fun with everything she did. 

She was one of the few people who was just pure good left on this planet. I don't mean to sound like I'm valuing her life more than anyone else, but she's one of those people who you see die going into the new year and you're just like, "...Oh dear god," knowing that it has to be some kind of horrible omen.
Yeah, from what I've been seeing about her all over social media it seems no one has anything negative to say about her, which is impressive when considering most celebrities don't achieve that.

@"WrestleRacer91": Yeah, I remember hearing about John Madden as well. Similar to Betty White I didn't really know anything about him other than his name association to the Madden games.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Can't say I'm familiar with her beyond her name, but seeing this thread active today of all days (or even tomorrow) instantly made my heart drop. Sad

Obviously I never knew her personally, but I've never seen a single person ever say one bad thing about her. Everyone who knew her said the same thing -- she was an absolutely amazing person who had nothing but kindness in her heart. Now, I can't back that up from my own experience, but I think you can see that in the way she talked and how she just had fun with everything she did. 

She was one of the few people who was just pure good left on this planet. I don't mean to sound like I'm valuing her life more than anyone else, but she's one of those people who you see die going into the new year and you're just like, "...Oh dear god," knowing that it has to be some kind of horrible omen.
Yeah, from what I've been seeing about her all over social media it seems no one has anything negative to say about her, which is impressive when considering most celebrities don't achieve that.

@"WrestleRacer91": Yeah, I remember hearing about John Madden as well. Similar to Betty White I didn't really know anything about him other than his name association to the Madden games.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh yeah, Mr. Madden passed as well. That wasn't exactly a surprising death for me, so I didn't feel much about it, especially cuz like Moony, I know him for being the football guy and that's about it.

Betty's was just the most unfortunate (or fortunate? Who knows, maybe she didn't want that whole 100th birthday party to-do happening in a couple weeks) timing and it was such an ongoing meme of her being able to live forever cuz she just never went. No health problems to really speak of, always in good spirits, highly revered. What a legend.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh yeah, Mr. Madden passed as well. That wasn't exactly a surprising death for me, so I didn't feel much about it, especially cuz like Moony, I know him for being the football guy and that's about it.

Betty's was just the most unfortunate (or fortunate? Who knows, maybe she didn't want that whole 100th birthday party to-do happening in a couple weeks) timing and it was such an ongoing meme of her being able to live forever cuz she just never went. No health problems to really speak of, always in good spirits, highly revered. What a legend.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 1st, 2022, 11:01 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Same here. I mean no disrespect to the man, because obviously he's a legend in the Football community, but if not for the Madden games existing, I wouldn't even know who the guy was. So I can't really say his death impacts me in the slightest. Though obviously I hope he may rest in peace, and I don't mean to seem like I'm trying to make his death insignificant. 

I hope they do something really amazing for Betty White on what would have been her 100th birthday. I saw someone on Twitter say people should donate to animal rescue centers on her birthday, because doing what she could to help out abused and neglected animals was extremely important to her. I think that's a pretty awesome idea and I may just join in on doing that on the 17th.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jan 1st, 2022, 11:01 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Same here. I mean no disrespect to the man, because obviously he's a legend in the Football community, but if not for the Madden games existing, I wouldn't even know who the guy was. So I can't really say his death impacts me in the slightest. Though obviously I hope he may rest in peace, and I don't mean to seem like I'm trying to make his death insignificant. 

I hope they do something really amazing for Betty White on what would have been her 100th birthday. I saw someone on Twitter say people should donate to animal rescue centers on her birthday, because doing what she could to help out abused and neglected animals was extremely important to her. I think that's a pretty awesome idea and I may just join in on doing that on the 17th.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know who she really is but I just saw that Joan Copeland has passed away at the age of 99: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59878349

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know who she really is but I just saw that Joan Copeland has passed away at the age of 99: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59878349
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Someone that technically outlived Betty White, wow. Yeah can't say I really knew of her. Learning of her accomplishments and people she associated with back in the day was interesting to learn about. I'm just glad these folk are just naturally passing away instead of from some horrible medical affliction or disease. Honestly hope for a future in which we all pass that way.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Someone that technically outlived Betty White, wow. Yeah can't say I really knew of her. Learning of her accomplishments and people she associated with back in the day was interesting to learn about. I'm just glad these folk are just naturally passing away instead of from some horrible medical affliction or disease. Honestly hope for a future in which we all pass that way.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, even as sad as Betty's death was it was likely age related, and even if not 99 is an age you can't really complain about going out on no matter what sends you out. It'd be nice if any other notable deaths to occur this year are due more to old age than illnesses and such but I think that's wishful thinking since I doubt any year has had more deaths due to old age than not.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, even as sad as Betty's death was it was likely age related, and even if not 99 is an age you can't really complain about going out on no matter what sends you out. It'd be nice if any other notable deaths to occur this year are due more to old age than illnesses and such but I think that's wishful thinking since I doubt any year has had more deaths due to old age than not.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Bob Saget dead at the age of 65. Found dead in his hotel room in Florida. No signs of foul play or drugs, but CoD yet to be determined.

RIP Mr. Tanner. I never watched any of his comedy acts, but I did like him in Full House.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Bob Saget dead at the age of 65. Found dead in his hotel room in Florida. No signs of foul play or drugs, but CoD yet to be determined.

RIP Mr. Tanner. I never watched any of his comedy acts, but I did like him in Full House.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think I ever watched anything of his, but Shira told me just before you did @Dragon Lord. Crazy that he was just found deceased with nothing indicating why he died. Maybe it was a heart issue or maybe an aneurysm since those can be sudden and hit anyone at any age despite their health?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think I ever watched anything of his, but Shira told me just before you did @Dragon Lord. Crazy that he was just found deceased with nothing indicating why he died. Maybe it was a heart issue or maybe an aneurysm since those can be sudden and hit anyone at any age despite their health?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It's certainly possible. It's unfortunate cuz it was so unexpected. He apparently just started a stand-up tour, which starts in Florida. Man. This is a sadder death for me. I'm sad about Betty White, but seeing and connecting with the actors on a more frequent basis has me closer to Bob Saget. I'm sure I've seen the entirety of Full House at least a dozen times. Classic American sitcom. Also just a genuinely funny guy. What a world Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It's certainly possible. It's unfortunate cuz it was so unexpected. He apparently just started a stand-up tour, which starts in Florida. Man. This is a sadder death for me. I'm sad about Betty White, but seeing and connecting with the actors on a more frequent basis has me closer to Bob Saget. I'm sure I've seen the entirety of Full House at least a dozen times. Classic American sitcom. Also just a genuinely funny guy. What a world Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Meatloaf has passed away at the age of 74: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60080934

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Meatloaf has passed away at the age of 74: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60080934
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw that the voice actor for Charlie Brown has passed away due to suicide at the age of 65: https://www.thedailybeast.com/peter-robb...cide-at-65

I never watched the show but it's sad to see anyone die due to suicide. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw that the voice actor for Charlie Brown has passed away due to suicide at the age of 65: https://www.thedailybeast.com/peter-robb...cide-at-65

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's so unfortunate. He also seemed to be struggling pretty bad with mental health care in general, considering his run-ins with the law for being not in-control of his emotions. Poor thing. I hope he finds peace now Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's so unfortunate. He also seemed to be struggling pretty bad with mental health care in general, considering his run-ins with the law for being not in-control of his emotions. Poor thing. I hope he finds peace now Sad
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Jan 26th, 2022, 02:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Wow. I didn't hear about this one. Sad to hear for sure.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Jan 26th, 2022, 02:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Wow. I didn't hear about this one. Sad to hear for sure.
Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276
WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
Not sure if anyone heard yet but the original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman has passed away at 75.

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/14/movie...-dead.html
[Image: GsFGwd4.gif]
[Image: V1uxtCc.png] 
Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276 WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
Not sure if anyone heard yet but the original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman has passed away at 75.

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/14/movie...-dead.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 59 7,305 Apr 15th, 2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface