Notable/Celebrity Deaths | Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" character designer
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Saw on Twitter a bit ago that Bob Barker, legendary host of 'The Price is Right' has died at the age of 99.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Saw on Twitter a bit ago that Bob Barker, legendary host of 'The Price is Right' has died at the age of 99.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 26th, 2023, 09:00 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Windham's/Bray's passing is surprising though being only 36 and leaving behind young kids. Them revealing what was the cause, darn you COVID striking again but it wasn't only that. You'd think age would be on his side but nope. I wasn't into WWE during his time although knew of the Wyatt family and The Fiend both being a good stable and interesting character since Undertaker and Kane, plus they had Balor's Demon version. I believe they didn't have a match with those two personas or perhaps form a dominating team (even if Balor's a smallish guy compared to monster/big wrestlers). So now none of that is going to happen.
Bray suffered from some form of heart problem, and catching COVID exacerbated it greatly and resulted in him having a fatal heart attack. Age wasn't on his side simply because the health issue he had made age irrelevant.
Bray and Balor have had matches against each other, two of which were at SummerSlam 2017 and SummerSlam 2019. One of those matches was Demon Balor vs. Bray Wyatt and the other was Balor vs. Fiend Wyatt. So both have fought each other with those personas but never with them both in use at the same time (even though Demon Balor was not retired as a character at any point).

(Aug 26th, 2023, 09:42 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I didn't know Barker was still alive prior to seeing this, but that's because I never really heard anything of him for so long he became one of those "I don't remember if they're still alive" people for me. While death still stinks, it's at least nice to see someone passing at a really old age like this after seeing someone pass at 36 two days ago that really got to me.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 26th, 2023, 09:00 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Windham's/Bray's passing is surprising though being only 36 and leaving behind young kids. Them revealing what was the cause, darn you COVID striking again but it wasn't only that. You'd think age would be on his side but nope. I wasn't into WWE during his time although knew of the Wyatt family and The Fiend both being a good stable and interesting character since Undertaker and Kane, plus they had Balor's Demon version. I believe they didn't have a match with those two personas or perhaps form a dominating team (even if Balor's a smallish guy compared to monster/big wrestlers). So now none of that is going to happen.
Bray suffered from some form of heart problem, and catching COVID exacerbated it greatly and resulted in him having a fatal heart attack. Age wasn't on his side simply because the health issue he had made age irrelevant.
Bray and Balor have had matches against each other, two of which were at SummerSlam 2017 and SummerSlam 2019. One of those matches was Demon Balor vs. Bray Wyatt and the other was Balor vs. Fiend Wyatt. So both have fought each other with those personas but never with them both in use at the same time (even though Demon Balor was not retired as a character at any point).

(Aug 26th, 2023, 09:42 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I didn't know Barker was still alive prior to seeing this, but that's because I never really heard anything of him for so long he became one of those "I don't remember if they're still alive" people for me. While death still stinks, it's at least nice to see someone passing at a really old age like this after seeing someone pass at 36 two days ago that really got to me.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The Bray Wyatt situation is extremely unfortunate. One can only hope he finds his friend Brodie on the other side and they exist eternally beyond this realm. Sad

Bob Barker, yeah I'm with Moony, I also thought that dude was long dead. He faded from the public eye once Drew Carry took over The Price is Right some many years ago, but wowie on him living to a whopping 99.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The Bray Wyatt situation is extremely unfortunate. One can only hope he finds his friend Brodie on the other side and they exist eternally beyond this realm. Sad

Bob Barker, yeah I'm with Moony, I also thought that dude was long dead. He faded from the public eye once Drew Carry took over The Price is Right some many years ago, but wowie on him living to a whopping 99.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, I think once he retired from The Price is Right, he just wanted to be able to enjoy the rest of his life in peace without being constantly bombarded by the media. One of those rare celebs that didn't crave being the center of attention all the way to the end.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, I think once he retired from The Price is Right, he just wanted to be able to enjoy the rest of his life in peace without being constantly bombarded by the media. One of those rare celebs that didn't crave being the center of attention all the way to the end.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 28th, 2023, 03:54 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Further details came out about Wyatt's passing, and the short and narrow of it is he had visited a doctor that morning who had given him a portable defib unit or something to that effect that he was to wear and would automatically attempt to restart his heart should he suffer a heart attack or any other problem that could stop his heart. Unfortunately, that device was found left in Wyatt's vehicle and he was only discovered after his wife noticed he hadn't responded to any of his alarms that he had set prior to taking a nap. She found him turning blue and unresponsive, and although CPR was attempted he was pronounced dead at the hospital.

It really makes me wonder if he would have survived had he been wearing that device at the time. He probably didn't suspect it would come in use literally hours after receiving it. Sad

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 28th, 2023, 03:54 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Further details came out about Wyatt's passing, and the short and narrow of it is he had visited a doctor that morning who had given him a portable defib unit or something to that effect that he was to wear and would automatically attempt to restart his heart should he suffer a heart attack or any other problem that could stop his heart. Unfortunately, that device was found left in Wyatt's vehicle and he was only discovered after his wife noticed he hadn't responded to any of his alarms that he had set prior to taking a nap. She found him turning blue and unresponsive, and although CPR was attempted he was pronounced dead at the hospital.

It really makes me wonder if he would have survived had he been wearing that device at the time. He probably didn't suspect it would come in use literally hours after receiving it. Sad
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, on September 1, Jimmy Buffett (of Margaritaville fame) was reported dead at 76. His cause of death was cancer -- Lymphoma, to be specific.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, on September 1, Jimmy Buffett (of Margaritaville fame) was reported dead at 76. His cause of death was cancer -- Lymphoma, to be specific.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I somehow never heard of Buffett or any of his songs until hearing of his passing yesterday or the day before. Yet apparently his stuff is really well known? Unsure

Just saw the lead singer of Smash Mouth, Steve Harwell, has passed at 56: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music...234817636/
Apparently he had a lot of drinking problems and it had wrecked his liver so badly that this morning it was reported he was in his final life stages because of it, and just hours after I read that he's dead. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I somehow never heard of Buffett or any of his songs until hearing of his passing yesterday or the day before. Yet apparently his stuff is really well known? Unsure

Just saw the lead singer of Smash Mouth, Steve Harwell, has passed at 56: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music...234817636/
Apparently he had a lot of drinking problems and it had wrecked his liver so badly that this morning it was reported he was in his final life stages because of it, and just hours after I read that he's dead. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Friends Star Matthew Perry Dead at 54; Suspected Drowning
Matthew Perry, most known for his role as Chandler on the TV show Friends, has passed away at the age of 54. Authorities were called to his home in the early hours of the morning after their assistant returned to find Perry unresponsive inside their jacuzzi: https://www.tmz.com/2023/10/28/friends-s...-drowning/

No drugs or alcohol was found at the scene, but it is currently suspected the actor died from drowning after suffering cardiac arrest. Apparently spending time in a hot tub can exacerbate cardiac issues, which Perry suffered from due to drug use in their younger years. Consuming alcohol while in a hot tub is also reportedly dangerous, although again no alcohol was found at the scene.

Dang, this sounds like it was just an accident that could've been avoided if the assistant hadn't been sent away for two hours. I doubt they were sent away so Perry could use the hot tub for suicidal reasons; I just expect he didn't know it could be bad for him or did but didn't keep track of how long he was in there for. Until this story broke I certainly never knew hot tubs can actually be very dangerous even to healthy individuals.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Friends Star Matthew Perry Dead at 54; Suspected Drowning
Matthew Perry, most known for his role as Chandler on the TV show Friends, has passed away at the age of 54. Authorities were called to his home in the early hours of the morning after their assistant returned to find Perry unresponsive inside their jacuzzi: https://www.tmz.com/2023/10/28/friends-s...-drowning/

No drugs or alcohol was found at the scene, but it is currently suspected the actor died from drowning after suffering cardiac arrest. Apparently spending time in a hot tub can exacerbate cardiac issues, which Perry suffered from due to drug use in their younger years. Consuming alcohol while in a hot tub is also reportedly dangerous, although again no alcohol was found at the scene.

Dang, this sounds like it was just an accident that could've been avoided if the assistant hadn't been sent away for two hours. I doubt they were sent away so Perry could use the hot tub for suicidal reasons; I just expect he didn't know it could be bad for him or did but didn't keep track of how long he was in there for. Until this story broke I certainly never knew hot tubs can actually be very dangerous even to healthy individuals.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah I was kinda surprised by the news, I only just found out a little while ago too. I didn't know about how dangerous hot tubs can be either for certain conditions, just as long as you're not alone which unfortunately Perry was for that time. I saw his last Instagram post or whatever with him in it as it was featured in the news article, that tub looked huge. Damn, my he RIP.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah I was kinda surprised by the news, I only just found out a little while ago too. I didn't know about how dangerous hot tubs can be either for certain conditions, just as long as you're not alone which unfortunately Perry was for that time. I saw his last Instagram post or whatever with him in it as it was featured in the news article, that tub looked huge. Damn, my he RIP.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've not seen the tub yet myself but apparently the thing looks like a small swimming pool. Not that the size probably matters when it comes to drowning; the lead singer of The Cranberries drowned in her bath tub a few years ago after losing consciousness in it and that was just a standard sized bath tub.

Then there's the Hitman games where someone unconscious can drown in a 1cm puddle when you drag their body over it which I think is probably not feasible to drown in in reality. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've not seen the tub yet myself but apparently the thing looks like a small swimming pool. Not that the size probably matters when it comes to drowning; the lead singer of The Cranberries drowned in her bath tub a few years ago after losing consciousness in it and that was just a standard sized bath tub.

Then there's the Hitman games where someone unconscious can drown in a 1cm puddle when you drag their body over it which I think is probably not feasible to drown in in reality. LOL
Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276
WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
I was honestly shocked when I learned of Matthew Perry's death. I have to be honest though. I wondered if drinking or drugs had something to do with it.
[Image: GsFGwd4.gif]
[Image: V1uxtCc.png] 
Daisy Johnson Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
The Sims 4, Sims 3
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 5,276 WipEout Silent Hill Dragon Quest 
I was honestly shocked when I learned of Matthew Perry's death. I have to be honest though. I wondered if drinking or drugs had something to do with it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 2nd, 2023, 01:51 AM)Daisy Johnson Wrote:
I was honestly shocked when I learned of Matthew Perry's death.  I have to be honest though. I wondered if drinking or drugs had something to do with it.
Although it still isn't suspected that drugs or alcohol were involved at the time of Perry's death, his drug/alcohol use in the past did affect his heart which would have been a factor in him passing away in his hot tub. So technically drugs/alcohol do have something to with it, but not necessarily from being used at the time of his death and instead from his previous struggles with them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 2nd, 2023, 01:51 AM)Daisy Johnson Wrote:
I was honestly shocked when I learned of Matthew Perry's death.  I have to be honest though. I wondered if drinking or drugs had something to do with it.
Although it still isn't suspected that drugs or alcohol were involved at the time of Perry's death, his drug/alcohol use in the past did affect his heart which would have been a factor in him passing away in his hot tub. So technically drugs/alcohol do have something to with it, but not necessarily from being used at the time of his death and instead from his previous struggles with them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yoshitaka Murayama (55), creator of Suikoden and Eiyuden Chronicles, has passed away

Rabbit and Bear Studios Wrote:
Hello everyone, It's with a heavy heart and deep sadness we must inform you that the scenario writer and head of Rabbit & Bear Studios, Yoshitaka Murayama, has passed away on February 6th due to complications with an ongoing illness.

Murayama first began this journey of the creation of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes in 2020 through the support of his very loving fans on Kickstarter. Throughout the three-plus-year-development of the game, it was always the passion from his fans that continued to drive his creative vision and motivate him to put his all into the project.

His hard work on Eiyuden Chronicle as scenario writer was finished but as his co-workers and friends, it saddens us to know that he won't get to see the reactions from his fans.

However, even with those feelings we need to accept the reality that he is no longer with us and continue to push his dream forward by releasing Eiyuden Chronicle to the world.

We want to maintain his legacy and vision with this game and know that he would have wanted the rich world he has created with Eiyuden Chronicle to live on.

His family sincerely appreciates your prayers and support but asks for privacy and that no flowers, mail, or other offerings be sent.

We will have more information on organizational changes to Rabbit & Bear as well as changes to some of the Kickstarter rewards in the near future.

For now, we appreciate your continued support.

Rabbit & Bear Studios,
Junko Kawano
Junichi Murakami
Osamu Komuta
Source: Rabbit and Bear Studios

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yoshitaka Murayama (55), creator of Suikoden and Eiyuden Chronicles, has passed away

Rabbit and Bear Studios Wrote:
Hello everyone, It's with a heavy heart and deep sadness we must inform you that the scenario writer and head of Rabbit & Bear Studios, Yoshitaka Murayama, has passed away on February 6th due to complications with an ongoing illness.

Murayama first began this journey of the creation of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes in 2020 through the support of his very loving fans on Kickstarter. Throughout the three-plus-year-development of the game, it was always the passion from his fans that continued to drive his creative vision and motivate him to put his all into the project.

His hard work on Eiyuden Chronicle as scenario writer was finished but as his co-workers and friends, it saddens us to know that he won't get to see the reactions from his fans.

However, even with those feelings we need to accept the reality that he is no longer with us and continue to push his dream forward by releasing Eiyuden Chronicle to the world.

We want to maintain his legacy and vision with this game and know that he would have wanted the rich world he has created with Eiyuden Chronicle to live on.

His family sincerely appreciates your prayers and support but asks for privacy and that no flowers, mail, or other offerings be sent.

We will have more information on organizational changes to Rabbit & Bear as well as changes to some of the Kickstarter rewards in the near future.

For now, we appreciate your continued support.

Rabbit & Bear Studios,
Junko Kawano
Junichi Murakami
Osamu Komuta
Source: Rabbit and Bear Studios
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
At the beginning of this month, Akira Toriyama, of Dragonball Z fame, passed away at the age of 68. The cause of death is listed as Acute Subdural Hemotoma. Basically, a bunch of blood accumulated in his brain, and crushed it to death.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
At the beginning of this month, Akira Toriyama, of Dragonball Z fame, passed away at the age of 68. The cause of death is listed as Acute Subdural Hemotoma. Basically, a bunch of blood accumulated in his brain, and crushed it to death.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Christ. I hope it wasn't stress induced and one of those scary sounding but painless type things instead. What a legend. Man, two legends passing so close to each other.
Founding father of modern Shonen... may be finally seek the rest he deserves
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Christ. I hope it wasn't stress induced and one of those scary sounding but painless type things instead. What a legend. Man, two legends passing so close to each other.
Founding father of modern Shonen... may be finally seek the rest he deserves

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 59 7,478 Apr 15th, 2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface