Let this be my Q&A thread + Hello again | Nightingale
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Aww. Have you ever heard of the puppy bowl?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Feb 7th, 2022, 04:52 AM)Moonface Wrote:

No, never. Sounds fun, though.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Feb 7th, 2022, 04:52 AM)Moonface Wrote:

No, never. Sounds fun, though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was hoping to find a full video of one of them but it seems it's all behind paywalls. This video does a good job of breaking down what it is though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzZZJ3e9qDY
It tends to be the go-to thing to watch on Super Bowl Sunday for everyone who doesn't care about the Super Bowl. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was hoping to find a full video of one of them but it seems it's all behind paywalls. This video does a good job of breaking down what it is though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzZZJ3e9qDY
It tends to be the go-to thing to watch on Super Bowl Sunday for everyone who doesn't care about the Super Bowl. Tongue
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Feb 8th, 2022, 07:30 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Haha, awesome!
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Feb 8th, 2022, 07:30 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Haha, awesome!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Considering the Super Bowl and that American Football is one of North America's biggest sports, what sport(s) are popular in Argentina or if that's too broad then in the region you reside in? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Considering the Super Bowl and that American Football is one of North America's biggest sports, what sport(s) are popular in Argentina or if that's too broad then in the region you reside in? Smile
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Feb 19th, 2022, 10:42 PM)Moonface Wrote:

We have our own league and everything, but the sport is not popular at all here.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

We have our own league and everything, but the sport is not popular at all here.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 19th, 2022, 02:11 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

I'm guessing football is popular there, or has a good chance to be after Argentina won the world cup (congratulations to the team btw!). Tongue

Also, Happy Birthday! I guess said victory makes for a nice early present and I hope any other presents you get today are also good ones. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 19th, 2022, 02:11 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

I'm guessing football is popular there, or has a good chance to be after Argentina won the world cup (congratulations to the team btw!). Tongue

Also, Happy Birthday! I guess said victory makes for a nice early present and I hope any other presents you get today are also good ones. ^_^
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Thanks, dude!

And I seem to have misinterpreted your question Tongue AMERICAN football is about the only unpopular sport here, we are NUTS about all the rest Grin
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Thanks, dude!

And I seem to have misinterpreted your question Tongue AMERICAN football is about the only unpopular sport here, we are NUTS about all the rest Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh yes, got this in on the day this time. Happy Birthday, Nightingale! Grin Hope you did get to celebrate it in whatever way you could.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh yes, got this in on the day this time. Happy Birthday, Nightingale! Grin Hope you did get to celebrate it in whatever way you could.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Dec 21st, 2022, 10:43 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Thanks, bro Smile

I spent it playing board games and videogames with my nephews Smile
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Dec 21st, 2022, 10:43 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Thanks, bro Smile

I spent it playing board games and videogames with my nephews Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 21st, 2022, 08:18 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Thanks, dude!

I had a feeling you misinterpreted it, which was why my following comment about regular football erring a little on the side of caution. ROFL
Since you're all nuts on practically everything else, what one are you the most nuts for? On the flip side, of all those Argentina is nuts for, which one are you the least nuts about?

I'm also curious; what board games did you play yesterday? I'm interested to know if they're any that are commonly known in multiple countries or if they're ones only found in Argentina. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks, dude!

I had a feeling you misinterpreted it, which was why my following comment about regular football erring a little on the side of caution. ROFL
Since you're all nuts on practically everything else, what one are you the most nuts for? On the flip side, of all those Argentina is nuts for, which one are you the least nuts about?

I'm also curious; what board games did you play yesterday? I'm interested to know if they're any that are commonly known in multiple countries or if they're ones only found in Argentina. Hmm
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Dec 22nd, 2022, 05:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Thanks, dude!

Personally, I'm NUTS about football just like everybody else, but I never quite got the appeal of tennis (which is surprisingly popular here) or hockey (in which we are a powerhouse).

I played a bit of Scrabble and several matches of "El Juego de la Oca". Not sure if it exists in other countries, but I have never seen it mentioned anywhere else.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Dec 22nd, 2022, 05:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Thanks, dude!

Personally, I'm NUTS about football just like everybody else, but I never quite got the appeal of tennis (which is surprisingly popular here) or hockey (in which we are a powerhouse).

I played a bit of Scrabble and several matches of "El Juego de la Oca". Not sure if it exists in other countries, but I have never seen it mentioned anywhere else.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, tennis is a big thing in the UK because of Wimbledon but I've never cared much for it. Doesn't help that so many of the players have to make utterly obnoxious noises every time they hit the ball. Errm

Scrabble I know (who doesn't right? XD) but I have never heard of that second one.
Googles what it is...
Okay, first thing I see is a Wikipedia entry telling me it's a TV show that translates into The Great Game of the Goose which has already grabbed my interest without getting any further yet. Now that I'm looking at the board game, it looks pretty simple but reminds me of stuff like "Snakes & Ladders" where some spaces are good and others are bad but otherwise it's just about reaching the end first and nothing else to it. Strange how Wikipedia says it's a popular game across Europe and yet I've never heard of it before now. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, tennis is a big thing in the UK because of Wimbledon but I've never cared much for it. Doesn't help that so many of the players have to make utterly obnoxious noises every time they hit the ball. Errm

Scrabble I know (who doesn't right? XD) but I have never heard of that second one.
Googles what it is...
Okay, first thing I see is a Wikipedia entry telling me it's a TV show that translates into The Great Game of the Goose which has already grabbed my interest without getting any further yet. Now that I'm looking at the board game, it looks pretty simple but reminds me of stuff like "Snakes & Ladders" where some spaces are good and others are bad but otherwise it's just about reaching the end first and nothing else to it. Strange how Wikipedia says it's a popular game across Europe and yet I've never heard of it before now. Hmm
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Oh, wow... I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about tennis players XD

Yeah, it is a popular game to teach little kids, but it is surprisingly fun regardless of age.

You haven't heard about it being a thing in Europe, I haven't heare about the TV show connection. Now all we need is someone who hasn't heard about, IDK, dice? XD
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Oh, wow... I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about tennis players XD

Yeah, it is a popular game to teach little kids, but it is surprisingly fun regardless of age.

You haven't heard about it being a thing in Europe, I haven't heare about the TV show connection. Now all we need is someone who hasn't heard about, IDK, dice? XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think I once watched a video about the noises tennis players make, and how it started to become widespread as a tactic used to try and distract the opponent with the noise and that there was a debate on it players should be punished for making noise that's far too loud. I'm pretty sure I saw it through @ShiraNoMai so maybe she can remember it better than I. Hmm

And yeah, I personally love the board games that are simple but fun no matter your age. Reminds me of video games like Mario Kart that are fun and suitable for all ages and skill level of player. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think I once watched a video about the noises tennis players make, and how it started to become widespread as a tactic used to try and distract the opponent with the noise and that there was a debate on it players should be punished for making noise that's far too loud. I'm pretty sure I saw it through @ShiraNoMai so maybe she can remember it better than I. Hmm

And yeah, I personally love the board games that are simple but fun no matter your age. Reminds me of video games like Mario Kart that are fun and suitable for all ages and skill level of player. ^_^