Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
What is your avatar from? And are the nipples censored? Because I feel like that's what they were going with. lol

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
What is your avatar from? And are the nipples censored? Because I feel like that's what they were going with. lol
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Dude, ever either installed or had to remove BonziBuddy from a computer? xD
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Dude, ever either installed or had to remove BonziBuddy from a computer? xD
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
@Hotspot: It is the mascot that Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw made for an early episode of his show Zero Punctuation when he created the term "PC Master Race"

As seen here:

The black bar isn't for censoring, it is a mourning band, to mark the death of John "TotalBiscuit" Bain who died about a month ago from cancer. He was an advocate for accountable and truthful reivews/gaming media along with always trying to get game devs to do better, he was a consumer advocate.

@Nightingale No I have not, but when my friend first got internet at his house he went to get lunch before installing any antivirus software, his mom went on the computer and downloaded a fake antivirus from her email and I spent about 1.5 days cleaning that machine up....such is life.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
@Hotspot: It is the mascot that Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw made for an early episode of his show Zero Punctuation when he created the term "PC Master Race"

As seen here:

The black bar isn't for censoring, it is a mourning band, to mark the death of John "TotalBiscuit" Bain who died about a month ago from cancer. He was an advocate for accountable and truthful reivews/gaming media along with always trying to get game devs to do better, he was a consumer advocate.

@Nightingale No I have not, but when my friend first got internet at his house he went to get lunch before installing any antivirus software, his mom went on the computer and downloaded a fake antivirus from her email and I spent about 1.5 days cleaning that machine up....such is life.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:@Nightingale No I have not, but when my friend first got internet at his house he went to get lunch before installing any antivirus software, his mom went on the computer and downloaded a fake antivirus from her email and I spent about 1.5 days cleaning that machine up....such is life.

First of all, allow me to commend you for not being your typical jackass who would have been like: "Ooops! Could not fix it in the first thirty seconds! Time to wipe out the hard drive!" - You have no idea how common that was during my time as a rookie Windows user who didn't understand the concept of backing up and that had his main drive erased over and over by idiotic "technicians".

With that out of the way: WHY didn't you just wipe out the disc and started afresh? This was probably one of the few situations in which that would have been a reasonable solution... that virus or whatever seems like it left a ton of junk behind.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:@Nightingale No I have not, but when my friend first got internet at his house he went to get lunch before installing any antivirus software, his mom went on the computer and downloaded a fake antivirus from her email and I spent about 1.5 days cleaning that machine up....such is life.

First of all, allow me to commend you for not being your typical jackass who would have been like: "Ooops! Could not fix it in the first thirty seconds! Time to wipe out the hard drive!" - You have no idea how common that was during my time as a rookie Windows user who didn't understand the concept of backing up and that had his main drive erased over and over by idiotic "technicians".

With that out of the way: WHY didn't you just wipe out the disc and started afresh? This was probably one of the few situations in which that would have been a reasonable solution... that virus or whatever seems like it left a ton of junk behind.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:15 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Well I was young hopeful (not-so)pimply faced youth (14/15/16 IIRC). Along with He had no recovery CDs or anything...so yeah... not even an OEM CD for Windows....

You should know wipe fresh is so common is 1) unless the virus is in the hardware it will work 2) often the virus (as is the one in this case) would reproduce it self so when you thought it was gone, it wasn't 3) it is often more efficient and cheaper for the client to do so.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:15 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Well I was young hopeful (not-so)pimply faced youth (14/15/16 IIRC). Along with He had no recovery CDs or anything...so yeah... not even an OEM CD for Windows....

You should know wipe fresh is so common is 1) unless the virus is in the hardware it will work 2) often the virus (as is the one in this case) would reproduce it self so when you thought it was gone, it wasn't 3) it is often more efficient and cheaper for the client to do so.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:Well I was young hopeful (not-so)pimply faced youth (14/15/16 IIRC). Along with He had no recovery CDs or anything...so yeah... not even an OEM CD for Windows....

Ugh! Nasty situation!

Quote:You should know wipe fresh is so common is 1) unless the virus is in the hardware it will work 2) often the virus (as is the one in this case) would reproduce it self so when you thought it was gone, it wasn't 3) it is often more efficient and cheaper for the client to do so.

I know that, but my problem is that most technicians wouldn't even look at what the problem was before going for the kill.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:Well I was young hopeful (not-so)pimply faced youth (14/15/16 IIRC). Along with He had no recovery CDs or anything...so yeah... not even an OEM CD for Windows....

Ugh! Nasty situation!

Quote:You should know wipe fresh is so common is 1) unless the virus is in the hardware it will work 2) often the virus (as is the one in this case) would reproduce it self so when you thought it was gone, it wasn't 3) it is often more efficient and cheaper for the client to do so.

I know that, but my problem is that most technicians wouldn't even look at what the problem was before going for the kill.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:52 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Ugh! Nasty situation!

It also depends on what they are use to, from what I have seen some one who mostly does home users they might make more of an effort to preserve (Or at lease backup) data.
Business IT people "Nuke it from orbit its the only way to be sure/if the company was smart they would make sure there are not only backups the group policies to retrieve what is needed"

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 13th, 2018, 12:52 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Ugh! Nasty situation!

It also depends on what they are use to, from what I have seen some one who mostly does home users they might make more of an effort to preserve (Or at lease backup) data.
Business IT people "Nuke it from orbit its the only way to be sure/if the company was smart they would make sure there are not only backups the group policies to retrieve what is needed"
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Would you know the history of how zetaboards came to be? Its lightly touched upon in the "recent announcement" thread on the support forum, but I'd love to know the full story. If you'd be willing to impart it, that is?
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Would you know the history of how zetaboards came to be? Its lightly touched upon in the "recent announcement" thread on the support forum, but I'd love to know the full story. If you'd be willing to impart it, that is?
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Honestly I don't even think I know the full story, For the longest time the only real communication the staff had with Brandon was via Seth. Seth was a great admin and seemed to be the only one who got Brandon's feet closest to the fire. Seth some how was able to run both community and the support team.

Durning this time, Brandon was "working on IF2" and we let it slide because Seth was responsive and gave us messages from Brandon. Seth and Brandon had some sort of falling out, the nature of which was never disclosed to me. Seth quit, leaving a huge hole in his place. Ben/Tachyon and Stephen were the successors to Seth. Ben headed the support team while Stephen headed the community team. Ben really didn't want to be an admin (I don't blame him) and he resigned back to support with Nicolas taking his place. Although all three attempted to hold Brandon accountable there never seemed to be power there that Seth had. To my knowledge most of the stuff behind ZB was mostly between Brandon and Brandon maybe the other admins.

Some of the history is most likely lost to time because the S2 crash [I forget what year] wiped out about 6+ months of topics and posts.

Also I never really got too much involved with the development stuff as I was still some what new and at time time we were extremely active, between homework, school, choir, my duties on the district board of Key Club (and a de facto school club officer), I didn't have much time to go beyond the duties of community moderator.

I will poke and prod around and see if I can give more details, But the only staff who are left from that era are me, Brandon, Stephen, and Ben.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Honestly I don't even think I know the full story, For the longest time the only real communication the staff had with Brandon was via Seth. Seth was a great admin and seemed to be the only one who got Brandon's feet closest to the fire. Seth some how was able to run both community and the support team.

Durning this time, Brandon was "working on IF2" and we let it slide because Seth was responsive and gave us messages from Brandon. Seth and Brandon had some sort of falling out, the nature of which was never disclosed to me. Seth quit, leaving a huge hole in his place. Ben/Tachyon and Stephen were the successors to Seth. Ben headed the support team while Stephen headed the community team. Ben really didn't want to be an admin (I don't blame him) and he resigned back to support with Nicolas taking his place. Although all three attempted to hold Brandon accountable there never seemed to be power there that Seth had. To my knowledge most of the stuff behind ZB was mostly between Brandon and Brandon maybe the other admins.

Some of the history is most likely lost to time because the S2 crash [I forget what year] wiped out about 6+ months of topics and posts.

Also I never really got too much involved with the development stuff as I was still some what new and at time time we were extremely active, between homework, school, choir, my duties on the district board of Key Club (and a de facto school club officer), I didn't have much time to go beyond the duties of community moderator.

I will poke and prod around and see if I can give more details, But the only staff who are left from that era are me, Brandon, Stephen, and Ben.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Wow, that's kind of interesting. More so if I parallel what happened to wiifuse in the end to whats going on with zetaboards, since there's only 3 staff left still active on what is now nintendofuse's blog besides the head honcho being mentioned in name only. Also don't mind me, I just find all of this juxtaposition fascinating is all.

So.... Who was your favorite Ghostbuster?
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Wow, that's kind of interesting. More so if I parallel what happened to wiifuse in the end to whats going on with zetaboards, since there's only 3 staff left still active on what is now nintendofuse's blog besides the head honcho being mentioned in name only. Also don't mind me, I just find all of this juxtaposition fascinating is all.

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 4th, 2018, 05:43 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:

uhhhh I guess Winston Zeddemore because he was just trying to make a living? Tongue

Honestly I haven't seen Ghostbusters in a long time I need to go watch it again Tongue

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 4th, 2018, 05:43 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:

uhhhh I guess Winston Zeddemore because he was just trying to make a living? Tongue

Honestly I haven't seen Ghostbusters in a long time I need to go watch it again Tongue
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
You ain't that old... Tongue
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 4th, 2018, 06:05 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

It sure feels like it, between my back and knees, and everything I once knew and loved is dead or dying.... Whistle

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

It sure feels like it, between my back and knees, and everything I once knew and loved is dead or dying.... Whistle
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Aug 4th, 2018, 06:17 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

*Hugs*!

Didn't wanna depress you, dude. Just wanted to pull your leg Eh
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

*Hugs*!

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 4th, 2018, 06:48 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

*Hugs*!

Im just being my self, you didn't depress me, I've just been down with the whole support forum closing thing, its bugging me a lot more then I expected. It was my internet home for 14 years.

It is also the one thing I could point on my resume as a "yeah look see I am good at something! Ive been around since 2005 as staff!"

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Aug 4th, 2018, 06:48 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

*Hugs*!

Im just being my self, you didn't depress me, I've just been down with the whole support forum closing thing, its bugging me a lot more then I expected. It was my internet home for 14 years.

It is also the one thing I could point on my resume as a "yeah look see I am good at something! Ive been around since 2005 as staff!"