Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Holy moly they're so good, the crocheted Pokémon!  =3

Yup, excellent work by the creator, great they managed to get Rhyhorn done that well. My least favourite however is Blastoise because of the lack of shell on the back, after what they did for Venusaur, thought they'd do something similar for Blastoise. Squirtle and Wartortle's shells are fine though.

That NFSU2 with ray tracing is looking neat, but yeah not like we'll ever see a game like that again.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Holy moly they're so good, the crocheted Pokémon!  =3

Yup, excellent work by the creator, great they managed to get Rhyhorn done that well. My least favourite however is Blastoise because of the lack of shell on the back, after what they did for Venusaur, thought they'd do something similar for Blastoise. Squirtle and Wartortle's shells are fine though.

That NFSU2 with ray tracing is looking neat, but yeah not like we'll ever see a game like that again.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think the Blastoise does have a shell on the back, but it's obscured by the water gun on the shoulder. It doesn't look like the creator takes a photo of their stuff from more than the one angle to see it better though.
While searching for other angles of their stuff I did come across their Etsy and people have requested Pokémon that aren't the first 151, which have been completed and can be viewed starting from this page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShopCrochetCre...ion&page=2
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think the Blastoise does have a shell on the back, but it's obscured by the water gun on the shoulder. It doesn't look like the creator takes a photo of their stuff from more than the one angle to see it better though.
While searching for other angles of their stuff I did come across their Etsy and people have requested Pokémon that aren't the first 151, which have been completed and can be viewed starting from this page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShopCrochetCre...ion&page=2
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, worded my sentence wrong, I did notice a shell back just under the water gun, but I deemed it too small and would imagine it'd be bigger as the shell is more noticeable for Blastoise, but I'm happy now to accept what they've done in the end.

Nice, I thought they would just go in generation order, as they were going into the Gen 2 next they wouldn't do any beyond that, but there's Mimikyu, Sylveon, that Scarlet/Violet fire starter (forgot it's name) in there. So I suppose they're just doing a select few outside of Gen 2 or the ones in high demand/suggested by fans.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, worded my sentence wrong, I did notice a shell back just under the water gun, but I deemed it too small and would imagine it'd be bigger as the shell is more noticeable for Blastoise, but I'm happy now to accept what they've done in the end.

Nice, I thought they would just go in generation order, as they were going into the Gen 2 next they wouldn't do any beyond that, but there's Mimikyu, Sylveon, that Scarlet/Violet fire starter (forgot it's name) in there. So I suppose they're just doing a select few outside of Gen 2 or the ones in high demand/suggested by fans.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the ones that aren't Gen 2 are simply because people paid for them as orders, since the main reason that person makes them in the first place is to sell them. Maybe they just had so many done at some point they figured they may as well just fill in the gaps of unrequested ones themselves just to see what they would look like, and maybe drive up interest in orders for those ones too. I thought I'd linked their Instagram account but doesn't seem I did; it's worth checking out since that's where they post new crochets as they complete them, and they're now up to Cyndaquil in their Gen 2 line.

Also I just saw this on Reddit from the Animal Crossing subreddit and I have to say I love the internet sometimes:

[Image: ewcz6X0.jpeg]

For those not in the know, five millionaires/billionaires went into a submarine to go down to the Titanic and are probably all dead because the CEO on the sub decided safety regulations are for chumps and everybody else had more money than brains to realize getting on that thing was a death trap.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the ones that aren't Gen 2 are simply because people paid for them as orders, since the main reason that person makes them in the first place is to sell them. Maybe they just had so many done at some point they figured they may as well just fill in the gaps of unrequested ones themselves just to see what they would look like, and maybe drive up interest in orders for those ones too. I thought I'd linked their Instagram account but doesn't seem I did; it's worth checking out since that's where they post new crochets as they complete them, and they're now up to Cyndaquil in their Gen 2 line.

Also I just saw this on Reddit from the Animal Crossing subreddit and I have to say I love the internet sometimes:

[Image: ewcz6X0.jpeg]

For those not in the know, five millionaires/billionaires went into a submarine to go down to the Titanic and are probably all dead because the CEO on the sub decided safety regulations are for chumps and everybody else had more money than brains to realize getting on that thing was a death trap.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Still cracks me up XD

Were any of y'all aware of this fun, neat little dinosaur fighting (FGC) game "Primal Rage"? I was aware it existed but I really hadn't seen people competitively play it until today, when a streamer brought up the fact it was at a tournament as recent as this year.

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Still cracks me up XD

Were any of y'all aware of this fun, neat little dinosaur fighting (FGC) game "Primal Rage"? I was aware it existed but I really hadn't seen people competitively play it until today, when a streamer brought up the fact it was at a tournament as recent as this year.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd never heard of the game until you mentioned that video to me last night, and looking at its Wikipedia article I'm guessing the arcade version had some differences because despite the game being ported to a ton of consoles, people have still made efforts to emulate the arcade version but a copy protection method on it has prevented anyone from being successful at it. Judging by the character descriptions on that same page it isn't actually dinosaur focused, even though 4/7 of the roster is a dinosaur.
Also interesting to note that even though it sold 1.5 million copies, Atari made significantly more profit off the games merchandise than the actual game itself. I wonder how much that stuff goes for nowadays. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd never heard of the game until you mentioned that video to me last night, and looking at its Wikipedia article I'm guessing the arcade version had some differences because despite the game being ported to a ton of consoles, people have still made efforts to emulate the arcade version but a copy protection method on it has prevented anyone from being successful at it. Judging by the character descriptions on that same page it isn't actually dinosaur focused, even though 4/7 of the roster is a dinosaur.
Also interesting to note that even though it sold 1.5 million copies, Atari made significantly more profit off the games merchandise than the actual game itself. I wonder how much that stuff goes for nowadays. Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I've heard of Primal Rage but wasn't ever interested enough to have a real look. Still, it's good even a game like that is still played at tournaments and seems to have a decent following if it can get featured at events.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I've heard of Primal Rage but wasn't ever interested enough to have a real look. Still, it's good even a game like that is still played at tournaments and seems to have a decent following if it can get featured at events.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Depending on how big the scene actually is I'm surprised no one has tried picking it up to make a new game with it for an easy way in to the fighting game market and making money. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Depending on how big the scene actually is I'm surprised no one has tried picking it up to make a new game with it for an easy way in to the fighting game market and making money. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I'm actually shocked it hasn't been rebooted at all at this point.

So I dunno if y'all remember the thing going around about Doom being ported to any and everything, including a pregnancy test? The last one was a hoax of sorts (it was being run by a Raspberry Pi and used the pregnancy test as a monitor, basically), but the person actually put the work into it being legit run:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I'm actually shocked it hasn't been rebooted at all at this point.

So I dunno if y'all remember the thing going around about Doom being ported to any and everything, including a pregnancy test? The last one was a hoax of sorts (it was being run by a Raspberry Pi and used the pregnancy test as a monitor, basically), but the person actually put the work into it being legit run:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, looking in the comments it turns out that Doom is still not running on a pregnancy test. The author of that tweet themselves replied to a question about whether it was actually running on it or just displaying, and said a PC is running it and just using the pregnancy test as the monitor. Maybe I'm being really pessimistic here but someone using a screen to just be a screen for another device doesn't really seem like anything impressive to me; of course this screen that can display an image could have the potential to display an image of something else if you program it to do that. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, looking in the comments it turns out that Doom is still not running on a pregnancy test. The author of that tweet themselves replied to a question about whether it was actually running on it or just displaying, and said a PC is running it and just using the pregnancy test as the monitor. Maybe I'm being really pessimistic here but someone using a screen to just be a screen for another device doesn't really seem like anything impressive to me; of course this screen that can display an image could have the potential to display an image of something else if you program it to do that. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Here's some dumb shit I saw recently:

Bonus Banjo Version
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Here's some dumb shit I saw recently:

Bonus Banjo Version
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only thing I dislike with a trend like that on any social media platform is there's no good way to just find more of them because it has no tag or anything associated with it to run a search. It's a shame because I'd like to see what others people have come up with. Sad

I also thought I had posted this when I first saw it but apparently I never did. So for anyone who is a fan of the game WWF No Mercy on the N64, WWE decided to do a throwback to it by doing an opening for one of their NXT events themed entirely around the style of that game:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only thing I dislike with a trend like that on any social media platform is there's no good way to just find more of them because it has no tag or anything associated with it to run a search. It's a shame because I'd like to see what others people have come up with. Sad

I also thought I had posted this when I first saw it but apparently I never did. So for anyone who is a fan of the game WWF No Mercy on the N64, WWE decided to do a throwback to it by doing an opening for one of their NXT events themed entirely around the style of that game:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Randomly decided to browse the Pokémon subreddit out of boredom and saw this really cool project someone did of making a functional Chandelure light fixture: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/s/RWR59Ghgui

I doubt anyone here will want to make their own but for anyone interested in the process the creator put together a gallery showing it. I think it's really cool how the base for the whole thing is a light fixture from IKEA that is then modified: https://imgur.com/gallery/1t09XeX

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Randomly decided to browse the Pokémon subreddit out of boredom and saw this really cool project someone did of making a functional Chandelure light fixture: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/s/RWR59Ghgui

I doubt anyone here will want to make their own but for anyone interested in the process the creator put together a gallery showing it. I think it's really cool how the base for the whole thing is a light fixture from IKEA that is then modified: https://imgur.com/gallery/1t09XeX
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh heck I want one so much. It looks like SO much work to actually make one yourself though, holy heck.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh heck I want one so much. It looks like SO much work to actually make one yourself though, holy heck.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that Chandelure looks insane, works and the lights change. Damn!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that Chandelure looks insane, works and the lights change. Damn!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 784 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 6,070 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Activision Blizzard Situation Thread Moonface 66 15,005 Apr 12th, 2022, 06:39 PM
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,924 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM